Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] Empty
PostSubject: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] 2zgu2s3

---------------
Chick Flicks

:: Social Link Topic ::
---------------

Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] ByqHbFe
"Alright. I'll see you all tomorrow!" Batilde waved to her coworkers as she left Maid in Heaven. Her shifts usually ended around this time, and usually, she would be going home... But not today. No, she had other plans, seeing as the weekend started tomorrow, Batilde wanted to have a little bit more fun tonight. So, instead of just trotting away towards the nearest bus-stop, Batilde picked up her phone, and sent a text message to Miyuki... Sure, it was a little bit late. Late enough for it to be considerd night, but she really wanted some company on her Night out. She even had something in mind that her newly gained aquaintence might appreciate. A movie. Specifically, a movie night at the BND Theater. -Hey, Miyuki! I just got off work, and I'm a little bored... and I don't feel like studying today... so... wanna go watch a movie with me? I'm on my way to the Theater now. That means you must come. See you in a bit.
– Batilde.
-

Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 6:07 pm

"Nah. Not particularly."

The words came tumbling out of her mouth alongside a disinterested yawn as her two faceless "friends" stared at her blankly with shock. What was it they had asked again? It was something along the lines of, "Isn't that interesting," right? If so then Miyuki was certain her response was spot-on. They had dragged her along with them to this dull cafe, made her buy them some uninspired flavors of coffee, and droned on about things she had already heard about with predictable perspectives she had come across countless times before. That, to her at least, was the opposite of interesting. Were it not for the fact that she could rely on the sound of her own thoughts to drown out most of their incessant chattering, she likely would have ditched them long ago. Why she had even agreed to come here in the first place was beyond her.

Feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket, Miyuki would pull it out without hesitation and lazily swipe across the screen without concern for present company. Pulling up her messages, a grin would spread across the girl's face as she saw just who it was who was messaging her, and as she read through the text further and further the subtle smirk would gradually grow more and more in size.

i must come?
how assertive of you batilde lol
your wish is my command. see u there.
-Miyuki

With her reply sent Miyuki had no reason to stick around any longer. After returning her phone to her pocket she'd stand up from her chair, casually wave goodbye to the other two sitting at the table, and walk off toward the exit. She was already in Vista Square, but it was still a bit of a walk, so it didn't hurt to head out early. Besides, she wanted to get out of this bland place as quick as possible.

----

Finally arriving at her destination, Miyuki's eyes would briefly scan the area. They jumped from person to person until finally they'd catch a glimpse of the face they were looking for. Waving to Batilde and pushing her way through the sea of people, Miyuki would approach her with a friendly smile and curious eyes.

Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] 2mmvgaa
"Yo Miss Maid! Private Miyuki reporting for duty."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 6:43 pm

Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] 241AFA4E54D73DD00CD312

Batilde sat on the staircase reading a small book that she had brought with her to work for paticularly slow work hours, while waiting for Miyuki. She had gotten the text message a couple of minutes earlier, which made her excited for what was to come. Being so late, Batilde sat outside on the staircase to the BND Theater itself, being an easy place to spot the french lass. The book in question wasn't anything extraordinary. Just some romantic sob-story about an 18-year old girl's first year away from her old home. Batilde still found it interesting, and she tried to learn as much as possible from the book itself, given that Batilde was in a very similiar situation... Boyfriends and College being the only major differences... oh, and that Batilde had moved abroad rather than to a different state. But you get the general idea.

Batilde looked up when she heard someone address her as "Miss Maid" only to see a happy-looking Miyuki grinning at her. Batilde of course returned the smile as she folded the upper corner of the page she was on, closed her book and stood up to greet her friend properly. "Haha, hey there. I hope I didn't interrupt anything important... Anyways, I'm glad you could make it!"
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 7:41 pm

"Don't be silly. Nothing important happens in my life." Miyuki would reply with a lighthearted laugh as she stopped in front of Batilde. Taking a quick look at her surroundings before returning her gaze to her friend, the girl would attempt to make a bit of casual conversation. "Hopefully I didn't keep you waiting too long. That book make for an interesting read?" She'd ask wondering what kind of literature Batilde was interested in. Perhaps the movie they were going to watch would give some form of hint about that. Interests in particular subjects and genres often carried over across mediums, although that wasn't always the case. "What's it about anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 4:36 pm

"Oh, come on. There's gotta be something!" Batilde replied with a light chuckle. There had to be something. Or was Miyuki's life really that empty? Naaah, it couldn't be, right? There was no way.

"Oh, don't worry about it. Waiting's not so bad when you have something to do." The girl waved away the apology with her hand as if it was a paticularly annoying fly. "Mhm." Batilde replied, showing Miyuki the cover. 'Nos étoiles contraires.' "or The Fault in our Stars, in English. I take it you've heard of it, no? Or maybe you've just seen the movie?" Batilde asked curiously. "I like emotional rollercoasters, and so far, this one shows promise. Haha."
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 1:59 pm

"I guess I am exaggerating a little. But you get what I mean. You'd think a city full of demons and people with supernatural abilities would be a little out of the ordinary, but life in Endymion's actually kinda uneventful. Outside of academics and the Media Sorority I don't have a lot of duties or obligations... not to imply I'm complaining about that. Hehe."

Nodding in relief at Batilde's remark about waiting, Miyuki would listen intently to her answer and examine the cover of the book for a brief second or two. She rested her arms behind the back of her own head and let a contemplative expression spread across her face as she thought about how best to express her response. "I've heard of it before, although I haven't had much experience with it beyond word-of-mouth. It's not like I've got anything against em', but I don't usually go out of my way to find tragedies or emotional rollercoasters. Feel-good stuff is more up my alley even if it can be a bit mindless. But if you like it I might have to pick it up myself -- as I said, I've got plenty of time on my hands and it's pretty much begging to be spent." With a carefree laugh Miyuki let her arms fall down to her sides and would begin to pace around idly. "So I take it we're gonna be watching something similarly serious? Or has my ace detective's intuition failed me?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 3:06 pm

"Alas, I rarely have much time to indulge in my freedom. Even though I'm faaar away from France, the gaze of my parents hover over my back, even here. I have to study, otherwise, they'll take me back home." Hence why she treasured the very few times she actually got outside of her own room. Sure, she didn't mind studying much at all, but after a while, it got really dull, and thus she craved to do something else. Today was one of those times. "That's what you get for being the daughter in a very rich family. They want me to eventually become my dad's successor over the massive oil company he has built up over the years. Sure, he has a son as well, but the company is so large by this point that both my parents are working on it, just to keep everything organized." Batilde said with a tired sigh. "I wish I could do something else with my life... but at the same time, I can't just let my brother shoulder all of that on his own shoulders, nor do I want to dissapoint my parents." It was a really vexing predicament... Her wants versus the family's needs... it was a tough choice, but it was one that she wouldn't need to make for at least six more years... unless something unexpected happened of course.

"Well, this one I was recommended to read by my tutor back home. I never actually finished it when I lived in france, so I brought it here, just to keep going. I'm not too big a fan of tearjerkers, but I do love happy romances. They invigorate me... and I try to learn as much as I can about social life from em... soo..." Batilde replied with a sheepish smile, that quickly turned into a reprimanding frown. "That's a secret between you and me, capiche? Comprende?"

"I dunno. Depends on what you wanna watch." Batilde replied with a shrug. "So long as it ain't a horror flick, I'm cool."
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 1:38 am

Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] IAspRFg
"Bourgeoisie, eh? Hope that means you'll be the one paying for the tickets!"

Miyuki studied Batilde closely as she brought up her little dilemma. It was odd hearing someone be so open about their problems, especially since the two hadn't known each other for too long. She felt compelled to comment on it, but though her lips moved to form words none would escape her mouth. It was odd. Miyuki was in a somewhat similar situation; she, a member of a family full of Cadets, secretly yearned to see a free Endymion. So it only made sense that she'd have some advice for Batilde, right? But no matter how hard she thought none came to mind and dwelling on the problem only ended up sullying her mood. Her mind was overtaken by troublesome doubts and worries, while meanwhile her heart grew heavy with uncertainty. The girl quickly decided to do her best to avoid the topic and move on.

"A hopeless romantic isolated from the world of the proletariat. She wants nothing more than to be freed from the figurative prison of her status..." Miyuki paused and let a playful smirk overtake her face before continuing. "Batilde, Batilde, let down your hair!" She teased brazenly and, as she started to envision Batilde's response, attempted to stifle a giggle.

"Information wants to be free, y'know. No worries though Miss Maid: your secret is safe with me. But a favor demands a favor, doesn't it? So..."

Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] M915vk

"You've gotta watch a horror movie with me."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 6:15 am

"Why of course! It would've been rude of me to not pay for the whole thing, since I essentially forced you out here. " Batilde replied with a warm smile. Money was no issue at all, and for something like this, it was money well spent. She was just happy to have a friend with her.

The french girl blinked a bit first at the odd bit of monologue from Miyuki at first. It felt a bit out of place for someone to use language like that... then she realised what she was going for. "Ahahaha! Sounds about right." Miyuki was certainly an oddball, and she made Batilde feel a bit more comfortable with herself, knowing that she wasn't the only strange girl at school. "Oh gee... Alright, fine. I guess we're gonna watch a horror flick then..." Batilde reluctantly replied, and went along Miyuki inside. Secrets were important after all, and well... maybe it wouldn't be sooo bad, right? It was just a movie........
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 5:44 pm

"Awwww... You don't have to say it like that. You're making me feel like I just kicked a puppy in the face or something." Though her words implied some level of guilt, they were betrayed by her delighted expression. Miyuki was clearly enjoying this turn of events. She wasn't a particularly big fan of horror movies, but Batilde's insistence on avoiding them was enough to motivate the girl to drag her off to one. The question, then, was which one specifically they should watch. As they entered the theatre, Miyuki would peruse her options while cheerily humming to herself. In a few seconds, she had already made her decision: a movie by the title of "The Spleen of Gary." After getting their tickets as well as a few snacks, she and Batilde would enter the room where it was screening and take their seats.

It'd be a minute or two before it'd start, but even if her friend had nothing to say Miyuki would find enough entertainment in imaging her response to the film. She could only hope it would be as glorious as she thought it would -- and, by proxy, she hoped that the movie would prove to be at least decent.

OOC Notes:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 1:13 pm

"No, no. It's fine, really." Batilde replied with a light smile. This was nothing to really be frazzled about. She'd give this horror movie a chance. It wasn't like she was forced to watch it alone. The two walked inside shortly afterwards. Busy as one would've expected from a movie theatre, as today was the premiere of a new Movie, and all that, Batilde had to squeeze between members of the crowd just to get by, keeping a slight grip on Miyuki's sleeve with her fingers just to make sure they didn't lose eachother. They eventually made it to the counter, and got their tickets along with the snacks, which Batilde gladly paid for, before they made their way to the actual hall where the movie would be shown. The two sat down in the middle of the room, in the VIP Area, since Batilde had paid for VIP Tickets and all that, so the chairs were large, comfortable and there was plenty of leg space in front of them. The french girl looked at her ticket again. "The Spleen of Gary...?" It was such an odd name for a movie... How could a flick with a silly name like that be a horror movie. The lights would slowly dim, and commercials rolled by, before the movie finally began...

Introduction. Star Rating:
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Miyuki hadn't paid much attention to the title of the movie at first, but when Batilde said it aloud an odd look crossed her face. "Hmm... Now that I think about it, it's kinda weird. But you know what they say -- you can't judge a book by its cover. Maybe it's intentionally trying to lower people's expectations to increase shock value... Or maybe the author's just really shitty with names?" She shrugged. With the movie starting in just a few seconds they'd see soon enough. The room went dark and fell silent as the film began to roll. And it was...

...awful. Absolutely awful.

Miyuki had to wonder at this point if she had accidentally ended up selecting a comedy. After all, this certainly wasn't any horror flick. The characters were all dull, one-dimensional, and incredibly stupid; it felt more like a parody of horror movies than the real thing. It was only the introduction, but they had somehow already managed to kill any suspense well before the monster was anywhere near making its appearance. Half the audience sat there silently giggling to themselves while the remainder either stared blankly at the screen or got up from their seats and left. And in the middle of this all sat a very confused Miyuki who would turn to Batilde with visible bewilderment. "Uh..."

The movie continued rolling and...

The characters discover a mysterious spleen within the forest! Is this scene 3spooky5u?:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 5:46 am

In a shocking twist out of nowhere, everything suddenly got really, really good. Freaking top-notch. Batilde was on the edge of her seat the entire time. Poor Gary... He had been brutally murdered by someone. Stabbed in the gut several times, before the perp had ripped out his Spleen. And Gary had not been the first victim. Nor would he be the last one... An exciting 30 minutes followed, filled with great exposition, action sequences and a subtle horror finish. The narrative was a little bit reminscent of the old Resident Evil games, if Miyuki had tried any of those. Delightfully corny, but really scary when it wanted to be.

"Um... Miyuki... I'm scared..." Batilde whispered to her friend, looking away from the screen, as the shadow of the crazed murderer raised his weapon, while it's victim tried her best to run away... Once the scene faded, Batilde found herself holding Miyuki's hand in a half-panicked grip. This she hadn't expected from the trash-tier introduction to the movie.

An Intense Chase scene folllows... will our protagonist survive the encounter?:
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 6:30 am

What was this? Some kind of cruel, twisted joke?

The opening was garbage, but suddenly the movie improved insanely with a masterfully done scene. It was as though they had paused one film and started watching another. The scene was absolutely terrifying and Miyuki could feel shivers go down her spine as she watched on. She had expected it to be scary, that's why she dragged Batilde here, but she didn't expect it to be that frightening! The girl's brain cried out begging her to look away, but it was impossible: her eyes were glued to the screen. The film had grabbed her attention and like a savage wolf with its prey's neck in its jaws it refused to let go. Though Batilde gripped her hand, she didn't even notice, and she instinctively ended up returning the favor, albeit it much more tightly.

"I-It's just a movie... N-N-Nothing to be afraid of Bat..." She tried to assure her friend, but her voice was waning and contained just as much (if not more) terror within it than Batilde's did. This wasn't how it was supposed to be... Batilde was supposed to get scared, yeah, but Miyuki didn't intend to spook herself!

The next scene, fortunately, wasn't nearly as good. It wasn't as abysmal as the opening, but it was nevertheless poorly executed and felt strange to watch after witnessing something so terrifying. It was predictable too: of course the killer would trip over that branch and the protagonist would get away scot-free. How else would it play out? There was still plenty of movie left to go, so she couldn't die that early on. Honestly, the quality was all over the place, but Miyuki couldn't complain. She wouldn't admit it, but she needed a breather after that last scene. Her previously tight grip would loosen, although she'd still clutch Batilde's hand lightly, seemingly unaware that she had been holding it in the first place.

The killer sneaks up on the protagonist's childhood friend... Will he notice in time or will he become the next victim?!:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 6:46 am

Was it too much to ask for a little bit of consistency here? Those thirty minutes before had been absolutely fantastic in terms of horror value, and now, it was back to being the corny piece of pretetious garbage that the movie had started off as. Maybe that was the joke? Or did the director want that big of an emotional rollercoaster, going from Fear to downright dissapointment and even cringeworthy purposefully? Maybe, and if that was the case, he or she was either a complete nutcase or a genius. It was hard to truly tell which, as she would probably remember that one scene for a good couple of months from now. As predictable as the conclusion to that encounter had been, the scene itself had been a masterpiece.

Miyuki's words offered some comfort for Batilde, but it wasn't enough for her to keep looking. She could only listen, terrified of what horrors awaited... but the only horrors that came was... the return of the bad acting. Oh joy.

And suddenly, all of that splendour was washed down the toilet. Why, just why would you ruin everything like that? Once the movie was back to it's corny self, Batilde finally noticed that she were holding Miyuki's hand... and not just that, her friend had returned the gesture. She wanted to pull some attention to this, as she didn't know what to do herself. She didn't want to come off as rude or anything, so Batilde just gently nudged her friend on the shoulder. "Umm... Hey... you're um..." Batilde swallowed, whispering nervously. Had it not been for the lack of light in the room, the younger girl would've seen Batilde's flushed face easily... Now, it was tough, but if she focused, she could see a slight hint of red on the cheeks, if only because of random flashes of light from the screen.

The plot thickens... can the movie make a complete 180 again!?:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]   Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki] Empty

Back to top Go down

Chick Flicks :: Night [Miyuki]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next