Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) Empty
PostSubject: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 1:04 am

“Finally!”
“You’re out, Sally?”
“Yeah. I am beat. How about you?”
“Gotta close shop before heading out.”
“Oh okay. I’ll wait for you outside then.”
“Okay.”

The conversation and the people there were same ever night. Sally with her bear sticker bag complaining all day long about how she wanted to get a better job. Tom with his laid back attitude, telling her she would get her chance. These kids. This gas station. Always the same.

Maybe this sameness was why it was so strange on this night, as the pair locked down the place and stepped into the cool air, to find a third gas station attendant there. The pair were laughing, but stopped as their eyes landed on the petite figure that stood by gas pump 13 with its back to them. From behind the pair could see it was a red head wearing a outfit of long pants and a short sleeve shirt that matched the design of all gas station attendants. This figure even had the hat, but there was something about the figure that had the pair uneasy.

“Do you know that person?” Sally would whisper as she instinctively moved closer to Tom for safety. The dark hair male shook his lightly before pulling up his courage and stepping forward a bit to speak to the strange person.

“Excuse me, but we are closed now, so I am going to have to ask you to leave,” he would call in a firm, yet non-hostile tone. The figure at the pump did not move. Frowning and sighing inwardly, Tom put on his big boy pants as he moved to confront the stubborn person. He didn’t understand why people just didn’t listen at this time of night.

However, Tom would never make it to the person at the pump. From somewhere behind him, he heard Sally let out a small yelp of fear. Turning to see what was wrong, the young man’s blue eyes would widen as a shadow fell over him. In a gust of heavy wind, Tom and Sally would vanish from the gas station. The only one left was the red head at pump thirteen.

The red head would let out a small sigh as a small smirk came to pale lips. “Heh. Guess I have to work after all,” the faint voice would mutter in mild amusement as the figure pushed itself from the pump and began to walk.

30 minutes later, the clock would strike midnight.

The usually quiet residential area of Sunlake Palms would find itself visited by the strange red head that had been at the gas station only 30 minutes ago. How the red head got from point A to B so fast was unknown, but it probably didn’t matter. What mattered was that he was here now.

The figure moved at a casual pace as a pale hand would reach into its pocket and pull out a sleek black phone. With quick fingers it would type a text before flipping the phone closed once more.

Somewhere a text message would come to a particular man’s phone. It would read.

I am at the edge of the forest waiting for you.

A message sent in error? Perhaps, but what would happen if the man it was sent to actually went to the location spoken of?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:27 pm

It was actually starting to get pretty late, and since it had been a decently long day and all, Gray was somewhat tired at that point. Well, not so much tired as simply not feeling like doing all that much anymore. Besides, what would one do during the night anyway? He could go hang out somewhere, but even that gets dull eventually. Thus, he was spending his time sitting on his couch at home, watching some random channel on the TV, in hopes of coming across something that would grab his attention decently. No such luck however, and he would end up almost dozing off while sitting....

...until he was jolted awake by his phone buzzing. What? Who in the world would want something this late in the day? He didn't even have many acquaintaces as is, or at the very least not many that had his phone number. With a faint sigh, he would pick himself up to check on it anyway, frowning once he saw the message. Now this was all kinds of weird. He didn't think he had an idea as to who could have sent that. That notwithstanding, it's pretty creepy to just ask someone out after midnight with no explanation given.

The question was...what to do about it? He could either choose to pass it off as some prank and ignore it altogether, or actually go out to check and make sure. Assuming there was something to make sure of to begin with. It was true he had recently been pondering his options of what to do at night, but this wasn't exactly included in the original patch. Still...

Well, he'd probably be damned for being a bit too curious for his own good, but things usually don't happen for no reason, do they? And if it did end up being some sort of stupid prank, he could just go back home and forget about it.

Time to go hang out...?
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 10:29 pm

The red head would make it to the edge of the forest within good time before stopping before the vast place. It would take a moment to observed the forest that made all fear it with its reputation. The humans stayed clear of it due to rumors, but this person? No. This figure did not flee from its presence as it tilted its head back to observe the beauty more. Such a peaceful place and one that the being actually liked wandering from time to time; however, tonight it was not here for a leisurely stroll.Tonight blood hung thick in the air and a target rested further in.

The figure typically could handle these issues alone, but this particular target? Well something told the being that it was not for him to slay. No something else was suppose to take care of the problem, but who or what the being did not know and wouldn’t know until the text sent was answered either by arrival or no arrival. Taking golden orbs off the forest, the figure would raise its closed phone to look at it.

12:05 am read the display.

Mmm. 10 minutes then for a reply before the event would be considered null and the figure would have to take care of the problem himself. Pocketing his phone, the figure would cross its arms and go back to watching the forest expecting to wait for some time; however, only three minutes would go by before the sounds of footsteps would cause the figure to smirk.

Keeping his back to the one approaching, the figure would listen to the sounds of the footsteps get closer. When said approacher was close enough, the figure would finally shift in his spot, his hands in his pocket as he looked over at the one with him with a casual glance from under his hat. His eyebrows would rise with amused at what he saw.

“Hmph, so the winner is a human. Cute,” he would say to himself quite amused as he watched with strange eyes. The figure would stay quiet, watching and waiting for the other to do something, but what those strange eyes would not tell.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 1:02 am

To be honest, it wasn't like Gray had truly expected this weird thing to lead to anything significant. And on second thought, maybe he didn't even want it to. It would be much easier for it not to. Taking a walk at such an unseemly time of night was quite enough by itself and he wasn't exactly planning to stay up until the morning thanks to something possibly unnecessary. Alas, the unspoken wishes didn't seem to come true as he actually came across a person soon enough.

When the other spoke, he would raise an eyebrow in question as he studied the figure. ''Well, I don't know about cute, but is there any reason behind this? It's not exactly the most favorable time of day to be pulling things right now.'', he would ask after a moment of thought. He did take note of the 'human' comment as well, but that was not the first thing on his mind right now. It would be more useful to know just what was this all about before bothering with species details. Considering how this wasn't really a normal thing to be going on at all...
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 4:42 pm

The red head would quietly study the other with a smirk on his pale lips. While the other was a good foot in height over the smaller male, the guy did not flinch or back down as he continued his study. When asked a question, the male would smirk.

“Heh. I wasn’t calling you cute. Though I wouldn’t say you are bad looking, but cute is not a word for you; however, I don't think you came here to hear about looks now did you?” the male said as he chuckled and then calming a bit he would let out an amused snort. “You humans have an odd perception of favorable. You’ll learn favorable never has a time or place to show its face.” The male would pause and tilt his head a bit at the question.

“Reason? Maybe not,” the male would say as he shift his weight and while it didn’t seem like he moved, he would unexpectedly be in the others personal space. Without warning he would tiptoe and kiss the other on the cheek. There was no passion behind this kiss or any hint he was trying to do anything weird. It was a simply an action. Though why he performed this odd action, well…

The light kiss would be performed before the other was stepping away and returning to his spot.

This time the man would see exactly how the red head had managed to get into his space so quickly before. As the red head went back to the ground and made the action to step back, he would shift into a smoke like substance before reforming in his spot at the entrance of the forest.

With his back slightly to the other, the red head would reach up and pull off his hat slowly, revealing a pair of cat like ears before he continued, the smirk on his face never leaving.

“Then again. Maybe the reason is just waiting to be revealed,” the male would finish. From here he would jerk his head lightly in the direction of the forest before turning to enter it. It was almost as if the strange guy expected the other to follow, but why?

Regardless of the strangeness or the fact that whatever the man was dealing with wasn’t human, the man summoned had a choice: Follow the other into the forest or bale before this got even stranger.

Note:

Last edited by Deshi on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Hm?

''I don't believe I have ever implied I think you were referring to appearances at all. I was simply questioning the usage of the word itself, regardless of what part of the current situation it was aimed towards.''
Gray would smile thinly, choosing to simply elaborate on his previous words after he heard the response given. He didn't know what kind of play this was, but there wasn't much else to do but go with the flow for now, since jumping could be dangerous for all he knew. ''Whether it does or not, people usually do try to at least follow an etiquette of sorts.'' For example being more clear about motives if you already have to ask someone to go places after midnight.

Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) M7DU0q8

''....''

...and perhaps acting weird should be on the list of things to warn about as well? No offense, but not everyone likes their personal space being invaded without permission of sorts. In the end, he would just sigh though, choosing not to make a comment as he watched the odd guy do his weird things. He wasn't necessarily surprised, but he also had to wonder what exactly did this have to do with him anyway. Sure, he didn't really have a thing against demons and the like under normal circumstances, but he normally did not have them seeking him out just because. As a matter of fact, he didn't remember seeing any for a long while already.

''Do you enjoy making riddles?'', he would ask eventually, deciding to follow the cat man despite what was happening. It could be a bad thing, yes, but he saw no reason to run at this point. If the other wanted to, he could likely stop him from going anywhere in case he tried, so why even?
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 8:55 pm

“No you didn’t imply anything at all. Thus why I could play with the word and translate them how I wanted to,” the red head would say with a small smirk in turn. It was true the situation on both ends were left vague; however, why the human felt the need to elaborate was beyond him. And looky here. Heh. He was even trying to give him etiquette lessons! The nerve of this one.

Quite amused, he would laugh out loud for a moment before the laugh settled into a grin laced with mischief. “Ah. I get it. I bet you think I summoned you here on purpose don't ya? Well let me shed some light on the situation,” he would say and then pausing he would pull out his phone. He would show the small black device to the other as he waved it a bit. “I don’t choose what this thing actual does. It gives a job and I follow it. Tonight it said send a message, so I did.” He would then place the phone back in his pocket before looking back at the other his smirk firmly in place still. “From there, it’s kind of like a game of Russian Roulette.” He would form his hand into a gun like shape and place it to the side of his head. “You never know what will happen until you pull the trigger.” He would emphasis the point with a hand gesture that mimicked said words of pulling a trigger on a gun. Afterwards, he would let his hand drop as he winked at the other, leaving his words as vague as ever.

When he performed his next set of actions, he got a rather boring reaction. This guy was all frowns and no fun at all. Man where was the flipping out? No blushing? No yelling? Jeez Lady Fate sure pulled a boring one tonight. Either that or this one was so passive he just didn't care what happened. Sad, but he supposed he’d just have to deal with it. After all, it wasn’t his place to meddle in Lady Fate’s affairs. She had chosen this guy for something, so it couldn’t be all bad right? Pushing the displeasure aside with a light "hmph" and small frown, the red-head would give his answer before walking into the forest.

He would walk only a few pace in before pausing to see if the other would even humor Lady Fate enough to follow him. He always did find these games a hit or miss, so whether it worked or not was up in the air. It was actually surprising the guy had come this far and he supposed if the guy did run off, then his master would simply do something else to catch her prey. Though what would she do? And would it be a kind thing?

He would ponder this for a moment longer until his ears twitched at the sound of an approach. Blinking golden eyes would turn to see the man had indeed followed. Quite amused by this, the cat man would smirk before turning to move further into the place following the scent of blood only he could trace.

As he walked, the man following would notice the red-head's appearance changing becoming more and more catlike as they continued on in silence that was only broken by a question.

“If I fancy to play them, then yes,” he would answer with back in laid back tones not seeming to really answer anything with the vague response. “I think the bigger question is: why did you decide to come to a random call anyway? Why do you stay, huh?” he would ask...though his motives behind that question were unknown. Regardless of this, he would fall silent to see what sort of answer he would get.

Last edited by Deshi on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Gray would be quiet at first, simply listening to the guy ramble off his 'explanations' as if he knew better or something. Honestly, kitty boy here was obviously just very in love with making his own assumptions about meanings and passing it off as play and whatnot. Maybe in a different situation, Gray would have more tolerance for having his words pulled in directions he never intended them to go, but for one it was late and he'd rather get to the point of this sooner than later, and two, he wasn't amused enough to find this funny. ''You seem to act like you think you 'get' a lot of things. My apologies, but you assuming you know better isn't currently coming off as very entertaining. I only have so much tolerance for games I didn't even officially sign up for. If there's a point, then maybe you should just get to it. Considering how your explanations clear up nothing at all, I would assume we're just wasting time by pointless chit-chat by now. I doubt you really care about what I think anyway, since you said this isn't your choice.'' You either say something useful or just don't. This wasn't some picnic which required pointless small talk that leads pretty much nowhere in the end. There's a time and place for playing around, and he didn't like having his leg pulled like this. Whether he believed in phones giving orders or not wasn't even the point here anymore.

Well, at least he sort of got his wish after that weird stunt? He probably didn't really want to know the explanation for that anyway, if it'd be anything like the previous ones were. What's the point of an explanation that explains nothing at all? Regardless, he would simply resign himself to following right now, as that was the best bet. The sooner he actually figured out if this lead anywhere, the sooner he could hope to get back home. As much as he liked night adventures, he would prefer to get some sleep as well. Eventually. He would huff lightly at the response that came. ''Does the answer really matter? I wanted to know if it meant anything or if it was just some sort of prank. As for staying, why not? It isn't like I have anything better to do I suppose.'' Seeing as he was already here, it would be a waste of time to just turn right back.

''And maybe I have my own reasons to be interested. What are you anyway, kitty boy? A demon?''
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 12:38 am

“Such an impatient and mouthy human,” the male would say with a smirk as his eyes narrowed with the action. While it was true this particular creature could take offense at this sort of behavior and could probably turn this into an ugly affair, the man’s boldness kept the otherwise tricky cat in good spirits, thus saving him from gaining a few scratches on his pretty little face. Guess Lady Luck favored him tonight too. As for his words...

“I don’t pretend to know anything. I just gathered from attitude that maybe your thoughts pointed towards said question posed earlier. So it wasn't an assumption so much as a deduction. As for my answer, it wasn't as pointless as you make it out to be. I actually gave you a straight answer. You can’t expect things to be crystal clear all the time and quite frankly this is as clear as they are going to get when it comes to Lady Fate and the way she works. Sorry if this isn’t to your liking and a waste of your time, but is it honestly my fault you got up to waste time with us tonight?” he would respond back in laid back tones as he continued to walk. The forest around them was oddly quiet, but somewhere in the distance the sound of running water could be heard and the scent of death was becoming strong enough that even the man with him would begin to smell it. Unphased by this he would push forward ducking under a low branch as the sound got louder.

However, loud sounds aside he would hear the man’s words and question; however, he would take a while to answer as they got closer the body of water that revealed itself to be a large pond. The waters were crystal clear as the cat approached the edge and kneeled down seeming to look for something. When he seemed to have found what he was looking for he would stand and look over to the other. He would sigh a bit before giving the other a thin smirk at the answer recieved.

“Hmph, so curiosity is half the reason you are here and then the other half is made up of mystery and just because,” he would say as he looked off to the side seeming to think on something for a moment before nodding a bit as golden eyes returned to the other. Maybe he had accepted something, but what that was no one knew and probably would never know since he seemed to address the question rather than elaborate any.  “If that is what you want to call me, then sure. I am a demon,”he would say once more confirming nothing...or so it seemed on the surface. Despite the odd answer, he would become seem to come back to answering an earlier question.

"Choices and reasons. It is always those two that we question, ain't it?" the cat man would say before tilting his head at the other.

As he did this, the man the cat watch would feel something within him unlock with a dull pinch inside his mind. As this thing unlocked it would fill him up a strange dizzying energy that caused man’s vision to become hazy. What was happening now?

Note:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 11:02 pm

''Excuse me for not being an airhead then. After all, I have no intention of being someone's plaything just because.'' Yes, he did choose to come around without being literally forced to. That much was true. Yet, it didn't mean he was going to always comply to whatever he was told. He would like to think he at least had the right to question for some understandable reasoning behind an action like this. The fact that he decided to 'waste his time' by coming here did not make the concerns automatically null as a result. ''If it is something I'm not even really meant to actually understand, then I would wager that is it pretty pointless for me regardless of what it may mean to you. Our focus is clearly rather different. I did choose to come here, yes. Could I have known whether it would be a waste of time or not? I doubt so. From what I understand, what happens now depends largely on you, seeing as I know nothing about the meaning of this. In lieu of that, how much of a waste of anyone's time this turns out to be is actually your responsibility for the most part. It's not initially your fault. But it could easily become so.'' Besides, if the guy believed in his Lady Fate so much, and willingly followed the given 'commands', he should probably be aware of the subsequent meaning of his actions.

Regardless of all that since turning back now was a moot point already, he would simply follow as he kept watching the odd guy. Perhaps the best way to get to the meaning of this would be doing that instead of attempting loads of small talk that in the end answered nothing concrete. Thus, he was completely fine with the silence that overtook during the walk, until the cat boy brough up another topic. ''In a way. My reasons are my own though, so you'll have to contend with that answer for now. I am here regardless of why in the end.'' It's not like he had to be super clear himself, did he? While he wasn't afraid to stick around, he wouldn't be too trusting right off the bat. He would shrug a bit. ''It isn't like you gave me a name.'' So he had to come up with his own way to call the guy for now.

...he would have responded to the rhetorical statement that followed afterwards. but it would seem that he didn't really get the time to do so. With a mild frown, he would sway slightly, having been caught off guard this time around. It was somewhat unclear as to whether he understood what was going on, but he would suprisingly give the cat man a narrowed look before actually tumbling down to the ground, just sitting there for a moment.

''........''

That would be enough time for the sudden burst of energy to spread though, changing his looks completely. Golden eyes, now matching the cat boy's would turn back towards his companion in something akin to a glare before turning into mild amusement. It would appear his demeanor had flipped to a somewhat cooler one for whatever reason...

Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) LyJ1yJj

''That's because they're often the only thing that matters in the end, aren't they?''

Mmm:
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 2:10 am

The red headed cat man would continue to walk, a smirk appearing on his face as he listened to the remarks from the other. When he found a space to talk he would, his voice carrying an amused tone to it.

“Some things humans aren’t meant to understand. Just as some rules are not meant to be broken. You say without understanding things are pointless, eh?” he would chuckle darkly as he flicked his tail. He seemed to be amused by some thought he would not share with the other. In the end, the other would get a small finishing line. "What a silly notion.”

The cat would become quiet as they came to the body of water. Turning to the other with the smirk on face, he would tilt his head slightly. “Unlike you this is not a waste of time for me at all. For time is trivial for me. I only used the phrase 'wasting time' because humans seem to value time so very much….when the ironic thing is, they don’t really have any time at all,” the cat would say his voice distorting a bit as the world around them began to swirl and shift.

As the world changed, the man before him would sway and hit the ground. Grinning even more, the cat-like demon would watch the other as he changed and when golden eyes met his own, the would give the other a blank stare for a moment and then hearing the words said, he would laugh as the water behind him turned pink and skulls and bones began to make themselves apparent.

The once beautiful forest became a world of decay and death and in the middle of this hideous mess stood the cat with a fangy grin.

“We couldn’t agree more human...or so I say kin?” the creature would say as he raised a clawed hand and played with a chain on his neck watching the other quite amused at what was happening.

“We wonder if you are actually up to this task or if you are another soul that will decorate my platter and feel my belly. Lady Fate never tells me all the details when it comes this sort of job. Makes me excited to dig in,” the demon would say and then seeming to remember something he would look to the side and scratch his cheek a bit sheepishly.

“Ah yes, but where are my manners. I do have to play a bit fair or else would be boring. And boring is a no-no here,” he would say as he snapped his fingers causing a black case to appear before the other. The case would float for a few seconds before it rushed towards the ground and with a loud clatter hit the ground and opened scattering an assortment of bullets and guns before the other.

“Choose whichever one pleases you. And also take this,” he would dig in his pocket pulling out an item before tossing it to the man. If he were to catch it, the man would find it was a strange vial of something.

“That should level the playing field tonight since I don’t think anyone will be running out here to save you anytime soon,” the cat would say with a chuckle as it continued to eye the man with that grin, not bothering with the issue of a name for now as it continued to observed his prey.

Rules of the Game:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 11:41 pm

And that stops who? ‘’Rules are just restrictions that were made up by someone. There’s always a way to break them. And what does understanding have to do with being human either way? You talk like you’re sure of what humans are all about when you aren’t one yourself to begin with. So how much can you really understand?’’ It’s a little grating when you give the notion that you kind of look down on someone simply because they are a different species. Does that really make them less than you in any way? Ah well…

…and he did have things to say about the next response as well, but that would have to wait a bit. Or maybe he would just ignore it altogether thanks to unfavorable circumstances and a certain demon deciding to take the stage for himself. Some manners, really. Regardless, the man would keep his golden eyes trained on the other moving to stand up once he heard the words given in return, a thin smirk on his face.

‘’You’re just lucky. Don’t expect me to agree with you much until you stop with the whole calling others by species nonsense. Kin or not, I am not like you.’’

There’s no rule that demons would get along with each other. Just like many humans don’t either. Sometimes a demon and a human are better friends than two of the same kind. Which is why dumb generalizations are pretty low at times. And they certainly get a little annoying to listen to. One shouldn’t be bound by what they are.

‘’I assure you I’m no one’s food. An annoying cat isn’t going to change my mind for sure.’’

For one, it’s rude to just play around with someone’s life as if it was no more than a game to enjoy. Two, the demon was a wolf after all. While he could tolerate cats, they were certainly more adept at irking him than any other type of being. Regardless, he would just give the cat man a slightly narrowed look. Despite his mild distaste of the situation in general, he knew it wouldn’t be wise to ignore the items in question. Momentarily looking away from the other to grab one of the guns, he would snort faintly. ‘’Implying you aren’t boring already.’’ Catching the other item as he straightened back up, his expression would flicker slightly. ‘’Is that the way to say ‘long time no see’? Let me talk…’’, he would mutter to himself before addressing the guy again as he stood straight, watching.

‘’To be honest, your field hardly concerns me at this point, but if you need to play so much, then so be it.’’
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 10:17 pm

“Hehe,” the cat would chuckle lightly as his grin became more fangy and his ears folded downward as his eyes narrowed with the action. “Perhaps what you say is correct and then again maybe it is all wrong. Understanding is matter of perception after all. So whether I understand humans or not does not matter in the end,” the cat would purr as he watched the other, his attitude playful and cryptic as ever. It seemed that even if the other before him was not liking the situation, this cat was enjoying himself quite a lot.

When the other became quiet about the time issue and sometime later a different form of voice responded to him, the cat's wide grin would somehow grow even more.  

“We cats are the luckiest of all creatures of after all. You should never have a need to guess or doubt that,” the cat would say remaining mostly cocky and overjoyed for a while; however, some of that joy would fade a bit as he let the rest of what was said sink in. “It is unfortunate we are nothing alike then. At least with similarities, we would’ve had some common ground. That really is too bad,” the cat would say seeming a bit disappointed for a few seconds before the grin was back in full swing. “Well what else am I suppose to call you outside of human or kin? It is not like we took the time to give names,” the cat would say as he continued to play with the chain that hung loosely from his collar.

His attitude would remain carefree until he heard the words annoying and boring coming out of the others mouth. To this golden eyes would snap back to the other quickly.

“What an unruly little moth. How dare you call me a bore when you’re the one who doesn’t play,” the cat's voice carried amusement, but underneath the fun tone there seemed to be something else there. Something dangerous. The cat didn’t seem ruffled on the outside...though its golden eyes did flashed with some form emotion as it watched the other make his choice, take the item, and then seemingly flip back to his human personality. It was an amusing display; however, as amusing as the situation was for the cat, it seemed that the time for business had finally arrived as the man seemed to accept the fact that the cat was going to play regardless of his own personal preference.

Seeming quite content with this acceptance from the other, the cat would lean back in the air and begin to float as it crossed one leg over the other his eyes never leaving the other's grey face. The ground would swallow the case, remaining guns, and ammo as wind began to gather around the floating cat pulling at trees and making the already horrible scene dance.

With eyes completely focused on its prey the cat would give the other a large grin full of malice as the trees bent around them with a groan signalling the beginning of the battle.

Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) 3fsGaMq

"Are you really sure you want to still play this game, little moth? You still have a chance to run."

Initiating PvS Combat Mode
I am the music. Click Me!

Soko: Demon Cat Thief - Level 3 :
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Yes, yes, sure. ‘’Yes, maybe it can be, and? Doesn’t mean it should be used as an excuse to not even try to understand at all before tossing out some facts.’’ Some things may be heavily influenced by perception, that much is true, but that doesn’t mean all tries to understand would be rendered useless thanks to that. A lot of things can be understood if you just give it an honest go. Whatever goes though…

He would scoff lightly. ‘’And pretty arrogant as well, right?’’ Just because some people associate cats with luck doesn’t mean they are always super lucky. ‘’Really though, does anything about me look like I adore cats?’’ They were obviously different species there, and while it may not be readily visible, his get up could hint at that if one actually paid it attention. What’s some kitty to a wolf, really? Sure, he could respect them if they made the effort to get along properly, but there was little reason to be buddy with a troublesome one. Anyone can be your friend, just as well as anyone can become an enemy. ‘’Suddenly, common ground matters to you? I thought this was just a job for you…’’ If he hadn’t decided to pop up, the cat would probably just continue trolling humans or something. If you’re going to say something, at least mean it. ‘’Tsk. Do you see me calling you demon or something frequently? If you want something to use, you can ask for a name, or just talk to someone without using one. It’s not like you have to since it’s only the two of us here.’’ They weren’t in the midst of a crowd where you have to address someone specifically to get their attention.

‘’Yes. And I’d dare anytime, even if only because you have an annoying self-confidence. A play does not automatically equal entertaining. You can play and be boring as hell, trust me.’’ This wasn’t even a proper game. Just pulling legs and whatnot. Either that, or the two of them had a very different idea of an enjoyable play. In the end, it only proves the point that you aren’t bound to be fun just because you’re engaging in what you yourself consider to be play. Regardless of that…

Honestly, he wasn’t too interested in fighting. But it appeared Mr. Kitty wanted to settle things that way, and so he had little choice in the matter. It’s not like he was going to run. With a mildly exasperated sigh, he would face the other, finally drawing his weapon and pointing the arrow at the offending cat.

Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) LyJ1yJj

‘’Now I’m a moth? Your originality is certainly astounding. You know what makes for a good game though? Moths burn when they wander too close to the light. Want to try what’s it like to be one?’’

Gray:
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 12:29 am

“You are quite lecturer and yet you assume much about us yourself and do not seek understanding with your own remarks and bites. Such a contradiction,” the cat creature would say as its eyes narrowed at the man demon before him, his tones suggesting he was becoming quite agitated despite the smile in place.

He didn’t really care for this one’s attitude, but then again maybe that was because he didn’t like hearing some nasty truths about himself. Whatever the case was, the cat still grinned as it continued to listen to what the other had to say before responding back.

“Common grounds would matter rather it was a job or not. Can't have nice chats without it,” he would say and then rolling his eyes at the next comments he would answer. “I suppose not. I guess no matter how one tries, our species are naturally going to butt heads no matter what the form. A sad story, but one I guess will not be rewritten tonight.”

It honestly was sad this situation. He wanted to play more, but this creature was proving to be such a bore with its logic and questioning. Why couldn’t he simply be like most humans and just become confused or play along? Why did this one have to be so difficult? The cat would ponder this as he watched his target and then finally the smile would fade as the whole name issue came up. To this the cat would raise an eyebrow.

“You really are stuck on that one, aren’t you? I don’t see why it matters so much. Name. No Name. Label. No label. It is all the same. So what is your point?" he would ask seeming to not understand the point behind this at all. He wasn’t harming anything by his labeling, so why stress the point of using names or not using them so? Honestly humans could be baffling sometimes.

Regardless of this, the grin would come back turning more
malicious the more the other spoke.

“Is that so? Well, I am just gonna have to fix that little problem, won’t I?” the cat would practically pur the words. It was true that what it considered to be fun and a game another may not, but even so this cat was a very prideful creature that would not ever admit it had any faults. As result it only took offense at what was said and sought to erase the offender.

It was this selfish and childish desire that made the demon become hostile and threaten the other…and it was this same desire that caused the floating cat to become quite beastly after the first attack. The flames engulfed it and while it did not knock it down or anything of that nature, the fires did make the creature yelp in pain a bit before it was growling. What came out of that wall of flames was a very burnt and ruffled cat no longer wearing a smile.

Instead the creature had bared fangs and came after the other with claws extended ready to tear into flesh when it got near.

Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) 3fsGaMq

"You are whatever, I say you are, you damn mutt! I’ll make you pay for ruining my fur!"

Soko:

Action:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)   Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray) Empty

Back to top Go down

Night::Awakening:: Can you trust a demon? (Gray)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next