Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
That One Dorm (Open) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
That One Dorm (Open) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
That One Dorm (Open) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
That One Dorm (Open) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
That One Dorm (Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
That One Dorm (Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
That One Dorm (Open) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

That One Dorm (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vivi

Vivi

That One Dorm (Open) Empty
PostSubject: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:04 am

Cyril walked in a bit later than he hoped into the dorm. He closed the door behind him and looked around not really seeing anyone in sight in the lounge. Probably either in their room or out. He himself doesn't know if students are allowed to be out at night the first month of school, he probably read it wrong.

he sat down and pulled from his backpack a book to read. It was titled "The Shadow Over Innsmouth", as he was very fond of Lovecraft and his books. He looked out as it was getting a bit darker and turned on a lamp. He opened to a page and continued from where he left off.
Back to top Go down
Braun

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:24 am

There actually was someone else in the lounge, though it's understandable why he wasn't spotted at first glance. After all, the exchange student may have even taken it as a compliment. He was small, quiet, and pretty much tried to keep to himself. But he did raise his head from his own book when he noticed that someone else had the same idea as him, using the peace of the lounge for some reading.

Jeremy himself was currently tackling a rather lighthearted read at the moment, a little Terry Pratchet to cleanse the pallette between more serious titles. He was almost done with his copy of "Unseen Acedemicals". Though, the cover of the other boy's book did catch his eye. Lovecraft, that's a name he hasn't heard recently.

"Sorry to bother you." he said, suddenly wide-eyed. He surprised himself with the sudden friendly interruption. "B-but... If you're really liking that book... I've got a copy of Call of Cthulu i-if you'd like to b-borrow it. It's p-pretty much one of his most crowning achievements a-as a writer... heh...." He gave what he hoped was a friendly look and a sheepish smile.
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:31 am

He shook suddenly as if startled. He looked up to see this other boy
reading a book. "Oh, hey. I didn't notice, haha," he said smiling back
in a friendly greeting. "Oh, I adore the man as a writer. This
particular story 'The Shadow Over Innsmouth', is a favorite. Mostly
because it is one of his scariest," he said smiling.

He nodded and put a mark where he left off and put the book down. "I actually
would borrow it, but here look," he said handing the boy to the book.
The title clearly reading "The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft". He
took the time while showing him his book to catch a glimpse of what he
was reading. Though he couldn't exactly tell.
Back to top Go down
Braun

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:37 am

Even if he were to recognize a book of the Discworld series, he probably wouldn't know just what the book was unless he had a very strong understanding of English. This book was clearly not written in Japanese. Jeremy felt himself relax just a bit and nodded as well. "Yeah, he really mastered the true art behind horror." It had been a while since he could simply talk about writing with someone. "It never was about the murders ore mutiliation, but about that dark indescribable thing creeping in the back of your mind. That feeling of helplessness against it." he sighed a bit, getting a distant look in his eyes. The exchange student's mind was filling with darkness, creeping horrors from god-knows-where, hunting for things best left unknown....
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:44 am

He nodded and smiled setting the book down. "I think the best part was that his pieces that weren't satire seemed to have a theme of humanity caving in on itself. Or that humans were essentially unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Very depressing, but hey, it's horror," he said.

He yawned slightly and held his hand out to the boy. He seemed nice. "My name is Cyril. I imagine since you are here, you live in this dorm. Couldn't hurt to know the dormmates," he said as-a-matter-of-factly.
Back to top Go down
Braun

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:51 am

He nodded and offered a slight smile. "Yeah, I moved into the dorms not too long ago actually. I'm Jeremy Braun. No... wait... Uh... Braun Jeremy. Sorry... If you haven't guessed, I'm the exchange student who keeps screwing up his cultural stuff..." his face took on a deep shade of red as he shut his book as well. "S-sorry. I've really been meaning to get this sort of thing right...." he mumbled, fishing for any kind of distraction from the subject... and found none.

The redhead sat there, fidgeting with the spine of his book for a few moments of awkward silence. Why was it that entire pages of dialogue came so easy to him... and yet just speaking to one other person was so difficult? "So... uh.. what... other books do you read?" he asked, returning to the only common ground he could find that he felt safe with.
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:59 am

He nods at his introduction. He took a moment to think to himself trying to remember the books he likes. In the meantime he made sure to respond. "I dunno. I am not sure I pay attention to the cultural things. But I am a slacker so that could be my fault," he said.

He thought to himself and finally answered. "I enjoy George R. R. Martin. Game of Thrones guy. I know he might be a bit mainstream, but I had read the books before his show, so I like to think i am better than those who only watch the show," he said chuckling. "Lets see.....there's William Gibson I like.....I can't remember anything else I read lately," he said rubbing his nose with a finger.
Back to top Go down
Braun

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:07 am

"Oh, yeah. I've been meaning to read that. I haven't even watched the show to be honest.... but... I've heard good things about it." he gave a slight smile. "If you're interested in some good sci-fi I just finished reading some books by Oreson Scott Card. He has this amazing style that makes everything seem surreal, but only if you stop to realize the facts of the situation, like-" He cut himself off.

He was about to do it again. He was trying to keep himself in check. He never could balance it right. Either he couldn't find the right words to say at all, or he simply started to go on rants that eventually bored people. He was trying to be better about it, and not be such of a fumbling idiot in conversation. "...sorry... I was rambling, wasn't I?"
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:18 am

"Dude you talk to a guy who rambles. But I don't talk to much so I just let others talk while I listen, It really isn't that big of a deal," he said calmly. He smiled and looked out the window. "I hope it rains. I really like the rain," he said.

He grabbed his book and put it back in his lap and just stares out for a second. His glasses lightly slip and fall onto the floor revealing his mismatched grey and brown eyes. "Oh damn," he said reaching around to pick them up and hastily starting to clean them a bit paranoidly.

((If that is even a word. XD))
Back to top Go down
Braun

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:25 am

When his glasses, fell, Jeremy dove to try and catch them, but was too slow. "Whoops!" He looked up to apologise, and noticed his eyes. "Wow. I didn't realize that was an actual thing. Dicromatism, was it?" He murmured, looking at the other boy's eyes. First focusing on one, than the other. "Huh... that's really cool. I've only ever really heard of that in books before, I wasn't sure if it was real." he smirks slightly, chuckling first before making his joke not-so-private. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone must've picked you to be the protagonist of some story."
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:34 am

He laughs. "I wish I was that special. It's heterochromia. There are no particularly negative effects to my knowledge. I just have a different eye color because my grey eye doesn't have enough melanin in it. Yeah it's a thing. But surprisingly very rare in the world, cause it never is a problem in a person," he said putting his glasses back on.

"Thanks by the way. I didn't want those to break. The lenses are particularly important," he said putting a bit of his thumb into his mouth and chewing on it slightly. He took it out quickly and wiped his finger on his uniform pants as if trying to keep in control of his habit.

((EDITED))
Back to top Go down
Braun

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:53 pm

"Well, I mean. Of course your special. You've got something not many people have." He gives him a slight smile. "Even if it is just some kind of... uh.. melanin... thing..." he shrugged. The exchange student sighed. "I mean, it could be worse. You could've ended up having to look up to talk to pretty much anyone, like me." The short boy gave him a sheepish look, hoping to loosen things up a bit with a little self-depreciation humor. He spotted the thumb-chewing, and thought it must have been something done out of nervousness, like how tightly he was clutching his book right now.
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:04 pm

He smiles. "Thanks," he said. He gave a chuckle when he made that comment towards himself. He was thinking for a second and looked around the room, still seemingly deserted. "Is it always so deserted in here? I don't mind, but in a big place like this, I could see it being haunted with ghosts," he said laughing a bit. He looks around actually pondering the thought.
Back to top Go down
Braun

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:13 pm

"I don't really know, I haven't really been here that long, myself. But..." He looked around with a sudden hush, as if checking for anyone was listening. He slowly leaned in, with an odd air, as if he were about to tell him some dark secret of these halls. In a low, haunting breath, he answered. "If you really think this place is haunted..... You might want to give the Lovecraft a rest for a while." A smirk crossed his face with a 'Snrk!' which broke in to snickering laughter.
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:24 pm

He laughed at him lively. He enjoyed this guy. "I like you," he said smiling. "I am going to head to my room. I have to study for my class tomorrow. But we will have to see each other again alright?" he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That One Dorm (Open)   That One Dorm (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

That One Dorm (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next