Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Taking Ideas EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Taking Ideas EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Taking Ideas EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Taking Ideas EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Taking Ideas EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Taking Ideas EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Taking Ideas EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Taking Ideas EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Taking Ideas EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Taking Ideas

Go down 
+7
Vivi
Salmane
Cole Sama
Genji Kano
MadTeaParty
Uzbekistan
Xombie
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:38 am

Erm, what about like a culture festival in Persona 4 (And probably the rest of the Mega Ten franchise?) Since I'm assuming all of the PCs are students (Or have their lives revolving around school life) it would give everyone an even keel to stand on. Mods judge who has the most elaborately (or best sounding) 'booth' in the place and a little something fun happens. Like, everyone gets a free spell or something. Of course, it would be a contest between all of the 'classes' so teamwork is highly encouraged.

There could also be a 'trap' set up by Velvet Room users to force people who wouldn't normally work together to do so. Teams of two maybe? But the more they fight with each other, the stronger the monsters become? Only when they cooperate perfectly can they escape.

Alternatively, a 'dating service' opening up for those looking for Social Links. Maybe trying to figure out who opened it and how it knows so much about them? Of course, when the 'mystery' is solved, nothing happens to the shop and variations of 'why haven't you gone away' are spoken.

idek, I'm sorry that my ideas are stupid.
Back to top Go down
MadTeaParty

MadTeaParty

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:06 am

Not stupid at all, actually...

I like the one especially about the Velvet Room and forcing people who would normally hate each other, to work together. I know for a fact my character would despise such a thing. Perhaps it could be something set up by Philemon or Nyarlathotep depending on circumstance.

Taking Ideas Fran-aha_c_

Also it would be nice to have a nice social event since school has been tense recently. It'd certainly add some comedic value to what's going on, and lighten up the mood for alot of students, hmm? Fabulous idea, Yushi!

Taking Ideas Tumblr_m2iksu7bTs1qmenbf

The dating service, I have no idea how to respond to that, Keheh.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:38 pm

I like the idea of Children and Users working together. Maybe it's a problem that forces Philemon and Nyarlahotep to work together, like a rouge god or goddess causing havoc for the two of them, messing up both of their plans. Maybe he/she can force those with potential to awaken without either making a contract with Philemon or Nyarlahotep. This could probably force some back logged potentials to awaken. Not only would they gain experience for their Personas, but in the end of the event, they can choose to side with either Philemon or Nyarlahotep once they are free of the deity's control. Maybe it can just happen as they are freed, rather than wait until the end of the event. Maybe the deity has a grudge against Philemon and Nyarlahotep and wants to take them down by having their Users/Children be targets of the "Users" he/she creates. Maybe they'll have a green or orange aura or something like that when they use their Personas. Sorry this is one big word wall, I am writing this on my phone. >.<
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Also, if they wish to be one of the mind controlled characters, the rules of having three threads should still stay, just to keep it fair. On top of that, I think we would at least have one or two of our current potentials that might find it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySat May 18, 2013 3:33 pm

I like that idea to be honest. It's a way of including EVERYONE, and not just certain people at certain levels, which isn't fair to others who aren't or can't be or do.
Back to top Go down
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:07 pm

It's known by most I am one huge Yu Yu Hakusho fan. So my idea is based around the 1st demon tournament but with a SMT twist.
    ∞ Firstly the tournament would take place in limbo but in some kind of reverse Ueitawa where everything is the opposite color and the inhabitants of this reversed region are the opposite sex of the inhabitants of the original region. The opposite sex part isn't really important, but I'd thought it'd make for some pretty interesting interaction.

∞ Powerful business men and women will be the ones funding this tournament in this reversed world. These men and women come from the original women and have been corrupted by the shadows and used as mere puppets.

∞ invitations are sent out in forms of 'tests'. These tests consisting of the person retrieving the invitation fighting some lesser shadow in some type of small display of skill. Upon defeating the shadow the invitation is left in its wake. Now this test can be done in limbo or the real world. I'd personally go for the real world for more 'dramatic' effect.

∞ The participants can look for others who got the invitation, which in turn allows them to form teams or go into the tournament mojo solo. But i'm pretty sure the main goal will be who is behind such glorified events, right?

∞ If enough people join we could have some really cool PvP combat sections with very little PvE. This event focuses more about the PvP aspect, but even if one loses all is not lost. The main goal is to find the person or shadow behind the tournament.

∞ This also gives people the chance in forming powerful social-links or expand on previous ones. Not to mention create new and exciting rivalries.

∞ But, when it's all said in done. This may focus o the PvP aspect for a large portion of the event. But the final fight or confrontation SHOULD involve everyone.

Obviously the difference in level between certain users will be an issue. My suggestion? Put everyone on the same level for the sake of fun combat. It doesn't bother me being weaker than another, but not everyone shares my same mindset. Also, a lot of people still haven't unlocked their personas. This can easily be fixed though. Like the side-event in the second region, why not allow others to create secondary characters? If they do enough within the event they could possibly keep them and add said character(s) to the main plot. This is just a rough idea, I left out many details. But I think it has the potential to be something great.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySun May 19, 2013 1:17 am

How about the all wake up in limbo in a place that looks like Ueitawa but the npc's are shadows and they the characters have to find the source of the occurrence.
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:06 am

How about some shadows leak out? Just pulling random things out. But maybe have an event where some will have to fight them?
Back to top Go down
Katsu!

Katsu!

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:08 am

That's basically what's already going on in the main plot. lol. For both the waking up in Limbo and the Shadows appearing outside of Limbo.
Back to top Go down
MadTeaParty

MadTeaParty

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:06 am

Genji if you're willing to run it, I'll give you full keys for the side event. Sounds like it could even swallow Enigma's idea aswell.

Taking Ideas Tumblr_lakcrxbfyP1qb7z4u

For the student culture festival, I'm all for doing that aswell. Good ideas here, folks.

Taking Ideas Tumblr_lqagk3i5yG1qkpnrw

Anymore, hmm?
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:22 am

I would be able to run it. I just would need a little help, since I for have any experience doing it. I mean, I've been a GM in real life, but I don't know my limits for the RP. But I'd totally be up for it. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 am

We're coming back to this. Since Genji has gone M.I.A. and his event did not take off, who else would like to run one in his stead? You'll have the staff's support, of course, and receive an area on the boards where you'll be able to control the story with ease.

Remember, this is just a side story during the main one, so nothing that could destroy all of Ueitawa. Also try to keep anything demon related in Tokonosu, as Ueitawa is primarily a Persona based area. So they have dealings with Shadows.

So any more suggestions?
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Salmane

Salmane

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Um Well I understand how the awakenings go, all I would have to do is study up on Eirs. I'm on here every day so I would be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
MadTeaParty

MadTeaParty

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm not sure if we should take Genji's idea and keep running with it without him. Especially since he had some special things planned with it that neither Phile nor myself knew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taking Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Ideas   Taking Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking Ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next