Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A walk through history (Open) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A walk through history (Open) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A walk through history (Open) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A walk through history (Open) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A walk through history (Open) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A walk through history (Open) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A walk through history (Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A walk through history (Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A walk through history (Open) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A walk through history (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

A walk through history (Open) Empty
PostSubject: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 1:09 am

The android wandered the museum, the last time he was here was....wow with Maria which was around two years ago. He had missed a few exhibits that had toured through the museum, which was more than a bit disheartening at times as he liked to see how the world seemed to unravel with the passage of time. As well as how history repeated itself over the existence of humanity, empires rise and fall and the cycle repeats.

Sentinel wondered if it was the same with everything in the world, it certainly appeared to be. Art repeated itself, political movements had a habit of rising and falling too. It was funny of how humanity had come over hundreds upon hundreds of years, yet...they always fell into a cycle. He wondered around within the new exhibit about the Babylonian Empire examining the artifacts that were featured in the exhibit.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 10:22 am

Hm... — Shunnosuke crossed his arms, placing one finger elegantly at his chin. The statue in front of his eyes was a bit...intriguing, to say the least. It was a long-bearded male figure, muscular, perhaps too much for its own good, wearing nothing but some ancient garment akin to a skirt and a pair of sandals. In his head, a large spiked golden crown. Nebuchadnezzar was surely a strong, important figure in babylonian culture, an exponent of the golden age and therefore it's no wonder his statue is part of today's exhibition. Though, if he were to analyze coldly the objectively, the art concept left anything to be desired. As in, let's be real, why's a king being portrayed with a build that of a physical laborer? Kings don't carry enough load to develop such a well-built, toned and muscular physique. — Those thighs...too much is too much. — He said, thinking out loud without noticing... One thing he should admit: Nebuchadnezzar had a great fashion taste if he was so visionary to wear a skirt in such a retrograde time.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 4:30 pm

The android blinked as he walked around the exhibit. He heard a voice...a very familiar voice, only one that would comment about the thighs of a statue. The android walked around to see the statue he that was the subject of conversation, and there he saw a friend who had gotten him through thick and thin. "Shunnosuke!" he said surprised to his friend here at the history museum, he never figured that his friend would have any interest in anything here. Though upon closer examination of the statue...the android had to realize that fashion and appearance were an important part of history.

After all, what was a king without a crown or elaborate dress that differentiated him from the rest of the kingdom. Yes, it was easy to see why his friend would be here, but that wouldn't change the fact that the android did not expect him to find his friend here. He offered his friend a wave, as he moved closer, "It's been a long time, how have you been?" The android inquired before also adding yet another question that he deemed to be relevant. "So what brings you here? Aside from the various fashion statement made by the Babylonian Emperors?" He smiled at his friend, it had been a long time...it would be good to speak with him again.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 pm

Hm? — Shunnosuke instantly moved his head in the direction of the sound. The male voice was not hard to recognize, but yet he couldn't really avoid being surprised at being in the same place as the one who spoke to him. Alphonse. Man, didn't that feel weird? It has been too long since they last met. Long enough for Shunnosuke to actually wonder if he would eventually meet the android and the others again. Well, he did meet Sharaku a few days before...and it was far from a pleasant meeting. Alphonse have always been more easygoing than the former, and yet...they didn't get along fully well either. Shunnosuke knew it was his fault to blame, for he had a hard time believing the mechanical nature of this android, as well as believing his humanity. It was a struggle he didn't know how to manage: to treat him as an android, or treat him as a human? — I guess I'm just passing time... — He answered, his gaze more interested in how Alphonse's appearance remained the same. He knew he shouldn't be, after all, but...it didn't stop him from being sort of impressed that the android remained the same. Perhaps he started seeing Alphose has less of a robot and more of a human... — Let me guess, you came here curious about the steps humanity has taken in the old times?
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 7:14 pm

the android blinked, "Just passing the time? Here? That hardly sounds like the Shunnosuke I know. I figured if you had free time you would be shopping or clubbing. That sounds more your pace, unless..." The android said looking toward the statue, "You're looking back to the emperors of old to make a new fashion statement with some ancient history." He said eyeing his friend. Supposedly, humanity lived in cycles, things like fashion, music, and other trends often would become popular for a duration of time, before being replaced by something else. It was just one big cycle, and perhaps that is what his friend wanted to do. Make the ancient style of kings popular once more with a stunning look.

"Why am I here? Yes I am, a bit interested, because they say humanity lives in cycles. While the society might change, we struggle to break the cycle that we live in. I am also curious about the mistakes made in the past, and how it affected the future." The android explained, in other words...yes he was interested in the steps that humanity took in the past. He wanted to know more about the past! He had never gotten a chance to learn about the Babylonian history.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Shopping or clubbing, eh? Was he that predictable that even Alphonse would be so certain of his regular habits, or was that part of android logic? — Hm, no, that's not what there is to it. I'm simply spending time here with no compromise, that's all. However yes, I can always take some inspirations from records from the old era... — The second statement also made sense, but it wasn't true completely. Of course he would eventually use his analysis to check on ancient fashion, but that was just a habit of someone who's pursuing a fashion designer career. Though in this case, he was just analyzing the uncanny build of these male statues.

What you must know is that history, like fashion, repeats itself. What happened centuries ago will, at one point, happen again just like it takes a few decades for people to make old trends return to mainstream. — He replied, in a matter-of-fact tone. There wasn't much about history to discuss other than the stupidity of humanity in doing mistakes over and over again, in different times, in different countries, in different civilizations. If there was one thing he learned in history classes, is that humans are idiots.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 3:19 am

The android nodded, his head, but became a bit interested in why Shunnosuke would take inspiration from these fashion statements made by past and fallen emperors. "Inspiration from this? Oh....how would this inspire you exactly?" The android asked, a little bit curious about how his friend would find use in all of this past history. Unless, it had something to do with a career...perhaps the android could use something from here to help him with his web design....but what? Other than possible images to draw interest, but perhaps...there was nothing he could draw from this far back in ancient history.

"Yes, it seems that humanity does tend to repeat itself a lot, but perhaps the idea of cycles is appealing to humanity. The issue is that we don't seem to learn from our mistakes. But tell me, are you expecting a change in fashion to something more..." He glanced around at the exhibits seeing a few gems and valuable jewels woven into the outfits. "With a bit more valuable appearance? With various gemstones and bright colors?" He said gesturing to the royal dress that some nobles and kings wore, likely to make them seem more important than others.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 5:00 pm

Huh? He blinked twice while looking curiously at Alphonse. He indeed had interest in that? How...unusual. Most of his acquaintances had little to no interest at all in fashion. Ironically, the one who had was the android. Quite surprising. — Uh, no. Nothing like that. For a ton of reasons. First of all, the whole creative process about fashion designing starts with concepts that might seem pretty costume-ésque for the majority of the ignorant people. These concepts are introduced during fashion weeks, exposition in runways and then refined to something actually usable without looking like a Carnival dress-up. The usage of gemstones can definitely fit in a primary concept that might generate a more refined collection, but I can't conceive someone in their right mind wearing gemstones in their everyday outfit. That's, like, begging to be assaulted and robbed, isn't it? — He had crossed his arms, gesturing one hand n a dandy manner as he spoke and explained. Even though Shun was admittedly an extravagant person himself, he would never give in to the idea of wearing gems in his regular outfit. It's what he called standing out for the wrong reasons. — Bright colors, on the other hand, are always a must, specially in such jolly seasons as summer and spring. I've noticed a pattern on people, they tend to wear warm colors when the weather favors their mood. As for me, hm, I wear them nonetheless, specially in winter. There's nothing better than putting on your golden trench coat and your neon flat shoes. The thing is most people have this naive penchant to believe that a good look is a sober look making use of monochromatic color schemes and fading shades. It all comes down to the situation, and a good dose of notion and taste. Sadly, this seems to be too much of a rare trait... — He said, shrugging, before walking a few steps onto the next piece of art in exhibition.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:14 pm

The android nodded, listening attentively as his friend explained the process of fashion and the uses it had. It was mostly social implications about how people saw others with all this nice clothing, and how it gave off a symbol of status and importance. Fashion markets to the individual who wants and demands a certain amount of attention from the public. They want to be complimented by the people passing them by, to be proven right in their choice of how they look in a new dress or tie. Though, at Shunnosuke's question, the android smiled a bit.

"Well in the case of the times back then, people who had these wonderful gemstones woven into their dress, were often surrounded by several armored or armed men with clubs. That group of men tends to act as a bit of a deterrent to any robbers or attackers. However, if you mean now, then yes it would be showing off as though you had a lot of money. This in turn might increase the chance that you would be robbed." The android said, before now listening to commentary about colors and how people wear brighter colors when the weather favors their mood. That much makes sense, but he was surprised to hear that his friend had a golden trench coat and...neon flat shoes. The android blinked, and tried to imagine his friend in that look...it seemed...terribly gaudy or unattractive.

"You have a golden trench coat and neon shoes?" The android asked almost appalled, "I understand your issue with a sober look, but isn't the opposite end of the specturm where everything is too bright considered gaudy? Does a golden trench coat and neon shoes even work together? The android asked, looking at his friend...just...perplexed as what he kept seeing was not a good fashion statement...at all. Then again, the android was not exactly the most fashionable of the people. Nor did he really follow fashion....Maria was slowly growing into it, but he had never had an interest.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:26 pm

You understand things pretty fast. Smart boy. — He smiled in a condescending manner. Of course his remark was merely a jest to lighten up the mood, and despite his tone, he was rather satisfied to see that he had an acquaintance who was willing to listen about fashion and learn about it without backing off out of lack of interest. However, what he said next made Shunnosuke stare at him, blinking a few times while, with his arms crossed, one hand went straight to his shirt's collar. — Gaudy? Oh dear, hello-o? Look at me. I'm pretty! I can wear everything I want, that's how it is for pretty people. I can even wear a beggar's blanket if I want, I'll still be pretty nonetheless. — He chuckled, completely sure about his little display of pride. — Really now, it all comes down to the whole package. And, like I said, the same old issue: a good taste for clothes. The problem is not how bright and flashy the piece may be, but how you wear it, when you wear it and what you wear with it. Fashion is an art, it's a combination of many art styles in one. And as many are aware, you have to be dedicated and talented to fully grasp it. Now speaking of which... — He pointed discreetly to some old sculptures right in front of them. — I noticed this pattern where ancient male sculptures are voluptuous, with these broad muscles and large thighs. Do you seriously think these sculptures are a reasonable exposition of their era's beauty standard? As in...some of these are kings. I don't think a king would spend his time working out when he had the whole empire to rule over and a bunch of inferiors to make of use of their physical strength in his place.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 6:46 pm

The android was patient and curious about his friends view of fashion, and was willing to learn whatever his friend had to share with him. Granted, if he was a normal human male, well...they likely would have politely excused themselves before walking off to look at weapons. Though evidently, his friend had different beliefs about a golden trench coat and neon-flat shoes. According to his friend, pretty people could wear anything and still look good.

The android was not so sure that was how it worked...at all. In fact, didn't some dresses look better on others while not as good on a few? As much as he thought Shunnosuke might have made a good consultant on all things fashionable, he was not so sure about that statement. Perhaps, that statement was more because Shunnosuke was speaking for himself, rather than other people. Though when his friend motioned toward the sculptures commenting about the figure of the king, the android actually chuckled a bit.

"It's propaganda." The android stated simply, "They had artists sculpt their form in that of perfection so they could demonstrate their "strength" and "godhood" to the people around them. He was showing what perfection and what a true king looks like by posting these statues around his empire. The goal was to seem as though their protector was a powerful and capable of overcoming the challenges, but also ever vigilant watching for danger from outside and within the kingdom." The android explained hoping he was doing it in a way that made sense. "They also likely did it to preserve their immortality beyond the grave, to seem immortal when they were just normal human beings that were born into power or overthrew the previous kingdom to seize power."
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 5:22 pm

Propaganda, hm? Reasonable enough. Shunnosuke hasn't considered the possibility and, once Alphonse finished his explanation, it made perfect sense. — Oh, that. Fair enough. It seems humans still haven't let go of that penchant for painting themselves better than they really are. I suppose it's similar to how fashion magazines photoshop the cover model to look thinner and more attractive than we see them in reality. You know, slimmer figure, reinforced S-line and so on... — He looked back at Alphonse, as if checking with his eyes if the android caught exactly what he meant. He's an AI, he must know what that's about, right? — Anyway, it's as they say. "A drowning man will clutch at a straw". They didn't have a computer back then so they had to make due with what's within their reach. In this case...sculpture art. See? This proves me right when I said history repeats itself and humanity remains the same, no matter how many centuries have passed.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 11:51 pm

The android nodded his head, he understood what Shunnosuke was saying perfectly. The android didn't miss a beat when it came to computers and editing images with computer software to make something more appealing he did that with his websites all the times. Not to mention, he had worked on a few websites for models or modeling companies. "I know what you mean, I've had to do some website work for a few modeling companies as a part of my job. So I touched up a few images as a part of their request." He explained, speaking from some experience as a web designed and a person who can use photoshop in order to improve some of the...terrible images that his clients send him.

"But, I never did mean to seem as though I was disagreeing with your statement that humanity remains the same. We develop in some ways, but for whatever reason we cannot seem to shake this...natural tendency to cling to the past. Why do you think we do that? Is it simply because it is familair to us and we take comfort in it? The android inquired wondering if Shunnosuke, who was human would be able to answer such a question. Sentinel thought it had something to do with familiarity that humanity seemed to be attracted to.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 1:12 am

Why, he asked? That's...a soft spot for Shun to speak about. He blinked a few times, as he silently gazed to Alphonse, pondering on how to answer without sounding too depressive and melancholic. He couldn't help but to give in to certain emotions when speaking about this theme in particular: "past". — Perhaps because life gets harder as we grow older, people know that time doesn't rewind and therefore they can't go back to a time of their lives they hold dear simply because everything was simpler and happier... — The hand in his collar tightened its grip before the young man averted his eyes to another sculpture, as if he was checking on them nonchalantly, walking off a couple of steps to the weaponry section. — Or maybe because some people have lost something or someone they love dearly, and they'd give everything to have them back...
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 12:23 am

The android blinked for a moment...did he strike a sore spot? His friend's mood seemed to deflate almost instantaneously when the past was mentioned, and the way he spoke...there was a hint of regret. The android followed his friend toward the weaponry section, now a bit worried about the sudden mood swing he just witnessed. Suddenly, the interest in the sculptures was no longer present, and his friend seemed a bit distant, but the android did not know why. The only way he would learn is if he were to ask his friend, and that is exactly what the android had planned on doing.

"Shunnosuke, are you alright? You got awfully quiet after I mentioned the past. Is something troubling you friend?" The android asked simply, his face and eyes shifting toward a softer and more worried look. He was confused what was wrong with his friend, and was hoping to get a straight answer...that could be a bit difficult with Shunnosuke, his friend was not always the most truthful or straightforward individual at times. Though he was nothing like Sharaku in terms of secrets and keeping things hidden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

A walk through history (Open)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next