Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

How fun scrap is... (Sammy)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 9:21 pm

''Thus you are implying everyone else is insane?'' How is that not an insult? Sometimes he didn't understand people. Saying the man is crazy is an insult, but the same man saying he is the only one sane around here is not. Either someone was really not extra sane here, or just has too much of an ego to admit he's not the best. Which wouldn't be surprising. Having a high status plus the privilege of doing scientist stuff could get to someone's head quite easily if the person in question lets it. But Samael wouldn't think someone is better than others just because of where they stand or what they claim. Nor were they worse, that is. But of course, there was always a line beyond which it did start to matter. ''Everyone has different tastes in humor. Not every person is bound to find it funny just because you do.'', he would shrug slightly. He wasn't going to argue though. He wasn't the one who'd be missing out on potentially good people just because of different 'tastes'.

''Does that matter? Besides, it's likely that the Maiden was taken somewhere beyond them. It would be too easy otherwise.''
Afterall, that would just mean she was still somewhere here, which was obviously not the case. Because it would be rather lame to be conducting researches if the missing person was just around the corner. ''How hard is it to survive there? I doubt this situation is going to be solved by just looking within the colony itself based on what had happened.'' If the man was smart, he must have at least considered it. No enemy was left here, so how many other places could they be at..?
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:38 pm

"Tch, you act as if being insane is a bad thing. No no my dear lad, I would give just about anything to be insane again, it was much more entertaining then what I currently deal with. To answer your question my friend, no I am not calling you all insane, to assume that sanity is a simple on off switch is to be short sighted, there are a myriad of flavors and levels of insanity and sanity. Though in my circle of work.... Most are thoroughly out of their gourd... Tell me lad, where do you fall on the spectrum." Mysterio chuckle was interupted by a hacking cough so intense he dropped the cigarette from his mouth. He would take a moment to compose himself before gently excusing himself.

"Excuse me... Mmm, my lungs aren't what they used to be. Bout time to replace them..." Mysterio chuckled as he reached for a new cigarette and lighting it. "If you're asking for the atmosphere outside the barrier it is habitable, but beyond that it is largely uncharted and unclaimed by man, Even I haven't spent much time out there. Survival outside the barrier is never guaranteed... or even likely for that matter." Mysterio smiled and stood from his desk, turning to the large bay window behind him. His eyes settling on the tower in the distance. "We know little of the lands beyond our borders, but you are correct, Kalos is most likely out there somewhere... Tell me, do you plan on finding her yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:18 pm

But it's not really a good thing either, is it? Definitely not for everyone. Unless the definition of what it means to be insane suddenly changed meaning drastically. But most people tend to not use the term in a very good light, if they don't actually want a person that's all over the place. ''Putting one's self into a box is not entertaining either, I'd say. What does it matter what I am? People usually don't look for those definitions when they look at someone anyway.'' That, and frankly he had no idea what Mysterio's own 'definition' of sanity was to begin with, because he had a feeling it was quite different from his. Better not say something he'd end up regretting later thanks to misunderstanding a point.

Samael would give the man a questioning look. ''Wouldn't it be easier to replace the cigarettes with something instead?'' It would seem that was the most likely case for lung problems, if the man was smoking often. And seeing how he was getting another one right away, it was probably so. ''But it is possible. That's what matters.'' The issues are just something that would have to be dealt with. The barriers already fell once, so not like they were completely safe even inside the colony. It could always happen again, and bring something worse than the last time around. ''The others that were present when it happened seem interested in solving the issue as well. Although if I have to, I will go alone. I doubt anyone will find many clues by sitting on their behinds and trying to make theories.'' The answer to that one was easy. What else was there to do?
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 2:02 am

"You love your complicated answers don't you... heh... I can respect that..." Mysterio didn't take his eyes off the tower in the distance. The time that he would begin to climb it was fast approaching. This young soldier however, in spite of his lack of co-operation earlier... he was still quite interesting. What role he and the others who awoke to the power of persona would play in the coming conflict is still unknown, but it is sure to be one of great importance. Mysterio wasn't an idiot... What the silver haired woman said to him still rang true in his mind... The power of persona was limitless. He just had to stay on the right side of that power.

"Hehehe... When you are as devoted to science as I am... it gets easier to replace body parts then to take care of them... Besides, cigarettes keep me calm..." Mysterio blew a ploom of smoke onto the glass before turning to Samael again and smiling "On that we agree... As important as gathering information from previous events is, we must venture out if we are to gain anything concrete... Would you like that opportunity? The opportunity to venture beyond the wall?" The door is open... Now to see if he chooses to go through it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:43 pm

''You love your science. I'd say we're even.'' Although it wasn't really that he liked complicated answers. He just didn't like giving everything away from the start without a good reason behind it. Surely people don't need to know all details right off the bat, even if it technically won't help them anyway. ''What if science didn't exist anymore? It's a risk to rely on one thing for a solution to everything.'' Aside from the fact that choosing to not take care of your own health regardless of reasons is still irresponsible. Shouldn't science be used to benefit everyone? Rather than the person using it as a back up for their own bad habits they could just avoid in a natural way. Then again, it's not like he knew many people working with that.

''I thought the answer was obvious enough. I wouldn't talk about it if I just wanted to back out like a coward a moment later. Although, it also depends on when. I wouldn't just go right now. Going to places like that is better with some preparation beforehand.''
What did the man have in mind now? Well, guess he'd have to wait and see. This wasn't the kind of person that he wanted to try assuming about...because he would probably not come up with a sensible answer.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 9:20 pm

"You describe a world that is both literally impossible and one I do not wish to live in. In any world no matter how different would still act in reliable laws that can be discovered and cataloged. That would be that worlds science..." Mysterio shuddered at the thought of a world without Science... Imagine that. Just... Sitting around and not doing anything... just starring at the walls in a science-less world with nothing to do but... Uh... Mate? uh... Drink probably. Farm and uh... God what DO normal people do with their days!? No wonder peasants are so miserable...

"Very well... Here," Mysterio dug through the drawers on his desk for a moment before pulling a card from within and handing it to Sameal "I'm planning an expidition of my own here in a few days to try and hunt down the forces taht orchestrated the attack... If you are interested, call this number and your name and contact information with whoever picks up. Trust me, it will be your best bet..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 8:58 pm

''Nothing is impossible. Isn't that something science is based on as well? Although, I wouldn't know since I've never had a great interest in it beyond knowing that it exists.'' Science was probably important in its own way, but on the other hand, saying you wouldn't even want to live with out it is an extreme of its own. Is that what it means to be head over heels into something?

Samael would look at Mysterio in a partially amused way. A card again? Didn't the man give him one the last time they met too? This almost felt like some sort of advertising. And he didn't even know 'who' would he be calling if he actually decided to take the offer, as odd as it was. Wouldn't it at least be courteous to say what contact are you giving away? He didn't know anymore. This man was apparently a lot of things aside from normal. ''You gave me one before as well. Is this a standard of yours? Who is it for anyway? I'm not sure why should I call a stranger.'' He'd rather not unless it was necessary.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 1:13 am

"Hmmm This is true, anything is theoretically possible thanks to the frankly unpredictable nature of quantum physics... In fact it is wholly possible for a miniature elephant to birth itself into existence in this room, right now, but the likelihood of that happening it is essentially zero. However, as random and unscientific as that scenario seems to be, it would be completely explainable through science, just science we do not yet understand... Would be cool though..." Mysterio would sit in silence for a moment seemingly starring off into the either. Very slowly and calmly he would reach to his console and call his secretary once more. "Penelope... Take a note... Tiny Elephant Gun... That is all. Oh and to answer your question Sammy boy, the lovely lady on the other end of this line is who's number I gave to you."

"Tiny.... Elephant... Gun.... Will that be all sir?"

"Yes Nicole, thank you," Mysterio would take his hand from his console and rise from his desk once more and make for the door with a warm smile,"Now, unless you have any more questions, I think I hear Sal's Pub calling me... Care to join me?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How fun scrap is... (Sammy)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2