Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

How fun scrap is... (Sammy)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

How fun scrap is... (Sammy) Empty
PostSubject: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 6:31 pm

"Tch... I leave for ten minutes and everything goes to hell and back. The colony gets attacked, one maiden gets kidnapped and the other gets dunked on... Tch, this is why we need better defenses, scratch that, why I need better funding. If we had funneled money from the communications project into the "Giant fucking robot" initiative we would have been ready for this but NOOOOOOO! We need to "talk to each other" more then we need totaly awesome giant ass robots..." Mysterio sighed as he went over the reports from the attack. The damage wasn't to extensive... Only a few deaths and minor damage. To be honest it could have been much worse. The defense force was quite on the ball and the evacuation plan went off with very few hitches. All in all he couldn't be much happier with the way things went. However... The one thing that irked him, was the fact that his recording failed... He got most of the fight, and managed to get a recording of the persona summoning of everyone involved... Yet there was a part at the end that seemed to just, not work.

"Susan, Please send my next appointment in.." Mysterio held his finger down on his com for a little longer then he needed, setteling into his desk's chair a little bit and trying to relax after the last few debriefing he's had to trudge through. He had called for everyone who had encountered resistance to come in and give him a report for his records. Something went wrong with the barriers, and he needed to know what.

"I told you sir... My name is Carmen..."

"That's very nice Susan, just send the next one in," He'd break her eventual... Mysterio would keep his focus on his reports until someone came in...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Frankly, he wasn't overly enthusiastic about this parade. In a way, it's a little cheap to drag reports from other just a while after, when you could have just come around while it was happening. Besides, he had little to say. It was probably not a good idea to talk about abnormal matters just because. That just makes you look weird yourself. And as a matter of fact, he had no obligation to tell what he knew to anyone. People could use information for a lot of things, and not all of them were necessarily worthy of seeing the light of the day.

''Is there a good reason for holding up people's times in a situation like this?''
, he'd ask as he walked in. There were better things he could do with his time instead of chatting someone up right now. Alas, he would have to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Mysterio looked up from his reports to see a very familiar young lad enter his office. Hmmm... Interesting, the young lad from the training field... And from the security feed. If memory served he had a rather interesting conversation with an unidentified man right before the battle began and seemed to awaken to the power of Persona on his own... This young lad was prime research material. Mysterio would offer a pleasant smile as the boy entered the room.

"Ah Yes, look who it is, Samael yes? We met the other day in the training fields. I am glad to see you again though I wish it were under better circumstances..." Mysterio smirked as he shuffled through his papers and produced one clean sheet "And yes yes I do agree that these are busy times, what with the whole missing maiden and devastation, but the first step in fixing such a situation is to understand how said situation came about, which is why I have called you here today. You see I'm trying to get a handle on what transpired at the two key invasion points. You were present at the Parangelian invasion site, so I thought it would be pertinent to get a report from you." Mysterio would motion to the seat on the other side of his desk, offering it to the young man. "So please, in your own words *COUGH* Mmm... Tell me what happened,"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 5:01 am

Samael would give the man a contemplative look. He still didn't understand why didn't the guy just gather his own information when he could. Sure seems to know enough about where it happened from the way he's talking. People could easily give false information. If he knew where it was happening, why did he not get off his butt and come look personally, instead of taking people's time soon afterwards? ''You're a high ranked scientist, aren't you? You seem to know where exactly this was happening too. Why didn't you just go investigate during instead of taking the time to organize this? Surely you don't expect others to give you actual correct information, or even what you actually want?'' From his own personal guess, he'd say a scientist should work on using solid proof, rather than just relying on others to tell him possibly even skewered info.

Still, he would take the offered seat, but Mr Inquisition here would probably find that it wouldn't be all that easy to get him to tell more than what is already obvious. He had no reason to trust someone with details just because they were asking for them. ''It's fairly simple. A few people turned into Sfalma during the celebration, a huge machine showed up and battled with the Maiden before both of them took off, and a different robot attacked the other people there. There isn't a lot more to tell just because I was closer than most. I still saw the same scene as anyone else.'', he'd say, letting the man take that in.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 1:40 pm

"...Yes because going there now would tell me everything about what happened in the past. Which is why there has never been an unsolved murder or single mystery over an event in the past. For simply going to the scene of the crime will tell you every detail about the event... Honestly young man..." Mysterio was beginning to think this young man was as disrespectful as he was interesting... Sure Mysterio DID know exactly what had happened thanks to the security feed but then again, there was no way Samael could know that hehe...

"Also... Are you saying you would purposefully give me false information?... You do realize that I'm NOT some punk on the street asking for you're life story... I'm asking for your official statement as a government official... So if you would like to revise your bare-bones statement now would be the time... Like any details you are leaving out that may be important?" the impatients in his voice evident.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 6:23 pm

''I wasn't talking about now. I meant during it. Wouldn't you know something is happening? Even normal people probaby did, since it happened during the celebration.'' That's basically what he said before, but for some reason the guy took it as running there now. He knew that there was probably little to find afterwards, aside perhaps from some wreckage caused by the fight.

He would give Mysterio a calm look. Was the man trying to threaten him? That's a bit low coming from someone who claims to be on a high position. ''I said people could do that. Not specifically that I'm going to do so. Why would I tell you I'm going to lie straight to your face before doing it? That's not logical at all.'' He still could, but that wasn't the point. He didn't refer to himself when he said that....and it was kind of dumb to announce you were about to lie, was it not? ''Yes, but being up there doesn't make you all mighty. You want information, but what does the government let us know? I saw the Maiden herself. She effortlessly fought the machine that later took off with her. She even seemed somewhat eager to have a fight. I think there are things that our government isn't telling us, so it's a bit low to ask complete obedience when some of you are probably hiding things yourselves.'' What would he get for coughing up everything to them? While they got to keep all their secrets to themselves anyway. He didn't really like the idea of relying onto the government when it was like this. There was something wrong with this place, it's just that he had no idea what.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 10:20 pm

"Tch, I was quite indisposed at the time, even if I was not, it would be utterly absurd to think I could be everywhere at once to view the entire event as it unfolded... I've been interviewing those who experienced the Eirinian event as well. Should I have been there as well? Honestly..." Mysterio sighed and took a sip from his coffee and tryed to maintain his composure. Why did this lad have to make this so difficult! There was absolutely no reason for him to be so hostile towards this exchange...

"You're right it would be rather idiotic to do so, which is why I had to be sure you weren't the kind to do so. You never know what kind of people you will find yourself conversing with." Mysterio's eyes narrowed as the young man proceeded with his passive aggressive attack. Normaly he would be all about this anti government stuff but... Right now is not the time. "Look... I understand your concerns, with recent events it is reasonable that you're not in a position to trust very easily and may have questions about what you have seen... So I'll tell you what, if I answer a few of your questions, will you be more open to my own?" Mysterio hoped this young man couldn't hear the grinding his teeth were doing.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 11:09 pm

''Honestly, you sound like a cranky old man complaining about what all he can't do.'' Maybe not the best time to pretend being witty, but he was wondering what's got the man so ailed. Of course, the whole issue was nothing to be overly excited about in general, but being easily irritable won't help matters either. There was no need to act like not hearing his bits of info would crush the whole investigation and all. He wasn't the only one who saw it firsthand, and safe to say, one of the other guys might just spill something in the end, plus there would be plenty opinions from other people that were made to gather here. It seemed the man knew that he had been there when it happened, thus he must know of the others too. Wouldn't it be easier for him to just ask someone else instead of getting huffy about how he wasn't getting straight answers now?

''Exactly. And also one of the reasons I don't always have an interest in telling elaborate stories to people I don't really know.'' Scientists did weird things at times. There was also no guarantee that someone is a great person just because they happen to have a higher status in the government. That nonwithstanding, he didn't find enjoyement in telling people what he really thought most of the time. ''Concerns? I don't know enough to claim that. I'd call it observations at this point. But I can tell you aren't happy with this kind of arrangement by the looks you're giving me. Why are you so set on getting the information from me if you don't like haggling? You said you knew I was at the place when it happened. That suggests you know who all was there. You can easily ask another person if this bothers you.'' And he was certainly fine with taking the time to observe the man's reactions for now. On top of being interested in the logic behind the matter.

''And it depends on what do you plan on asking me. I can't say I can answer you all you wish to know. As I said before, just because I was around, I don't know a lot more than anyone else.''
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 9:42 pm

"Are you this difficult with everyone or is it just me," Mysterio pinched the bridge of his nose and made it a point to stop by the pharmacy on the way home. Tylonol or booze whichever one they have in greater quantity..."Look kid, I get it, the whole mysterios loner angle... Hell my name is literally Mysterio. But I'm just trying to get as many eyes on this event as I can. You might have seen something someone else didn't. Right now we need every detail no matter how small if we're gunna figure out what the hell happened."

Mysterio would pause for a moment, considering his next move before conceding defeat and reaching into one of the files on his desk and producing a short list of names and sliding it to Samael. "Listen... People have died, we're a maiden down, and we have no fucking clue how these things even got through the barrier. All I ask is you help us make sure this never happens again by telling us what you know. It doesn't matter if I could go ask someone else, or if you didn't see anything special. What matters is that we need your help, so please... If there is literally anything that could be of use, names, markings... special powers... that you saw... Please tell me,"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:59 pm

''It depends on the situation.'', he would reply simply. And what is deemed difficult. He wasn't literally obliged to tell every detail if he didn't wish to do so for some reason, so in its own way, it's a stretch to call someone being difficult just because they don't want to tell you something. And...mysterious loner angle? What? ''That has nothing to do with it.'' He wasn't against cooperation, but he also didn't like telling everything to people he had no clue about. Who did the guy mean by we anyway? He had no logical reason why would it be the best thing to leave this guy exactly to figure anything out. They rarely got to know what the government was up to anyway.

He would sigh a bit as the man gave him a list of dead people. Technically, he knew that already. He just didn't know exactly how many, as he did not have the time to spend on counting such. ''They probably either destroyed it, or it simply wasn't strong enough to keep them out. The only thing that had to deal with the barrier was the machine that took off with the Maiden, and seeing the way they fought, I'd say it was easily strong enough. The people that died...that had nothing to really do with the barrier. Could have happened even with it intact. You're most likely not getting anywhere with that. And no one really knows what the machine that took the Maiden is. Seeing as she took it on alone for some reason. It seems like she knew something beforehand, but that's something you should find yourself, if you're with the government.'', he would state eventually. Technically, he was still being vague, but not like the man wasn't either. Seeing as he mentioned special powers and all that, he probably had his own share of information.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:21 am

Mysterio began to feel something clench in his forhead... no doubt a vein up there was staring bulge... Why didn't this guy just co-operate like a good soldier. Wasn't it the military's job to turn these young hopeful mind's filled with passion and wonder into cold unfeeling robots that blindly fallow orders like sheep... Sigh... Oh well. This was starting to be more trouble then it's worth. "... Sigh...Know what kid?... As much as I want to point out how not helpful what you just said was, I mean seriously... All you just said was they got in by ether breaking the barrier or not breaking it and if anyone up here knew why the Maiden took on the machine on her own I wouldn't be asking you, all that aside however, I can tell we aren't gonna get anywhere with this..."

Mysterio turned to his console again and pressed com button."Gertrude, send the rest of my appointments home for the day and have them come back tomorrow. Tell them I'm sick of their smelly faces and that my dad could beat up their dad." If Samael stood to leave Mysterio would wave him back to his seat and say "No no, not you..."

"... Should call them Fartknockers as well sir?"

"Now you're catching on! Remind me to raise your pay, Linda." Mysterio chuckled and took his hand away from the com and instead reached into his desk to pull a pack of cigarettes from within, "You smoke?..." he would ask as he slide the pack across the table

Action:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:50 pm

This guy was certainly easily exasperated. And a bit picky. Being insistent on getting information, but then just going on about how this and that is useless anyway. Maybe do it yourself then? He didn't intend to be chased around like a herd of sheep just because he worked as a soldier. Speaking of things though, there was at least something in what he said that the guy could have drawn from, but guess he was too busy zeroing in on the 'pointless' parts. Which was technically not Samael's problem. A scientist should be smart if he holds that position, no? ''Like this? Of course not, but I digress. Although if it makes you feel better, I plan on looking into this matter as well. You won't get far if you stress out about it all. All it does is make you miss possibly important details.'' Which was certainly not the desired outcome, was it?

He would raise an eyebrow slightly when he heard Mysterio's message to the people outside. ''This is how you persuade people to tell you things? I'd probably be tempted to give you a finger in your face instead if you threw insults at me just because.'' Well, whether he would or not is questionable, as he wasn't the one to be rude upfront most of the time, but...why would people want to give information for something like that again? It's definitely not a good pick up line to call people smelly faces and all. This man was all kinds all over the place, apparently. Good to know they had government workers like that.

He would stay though, watching the man offer him cigarettes with vague interest. Now they were having a simple chat? ''Usually not, but there are some uses for these.'' Like using smoke to keep people away. Or if he wanted to be rude, he could throw burning cigarettes at them. ''You can have this in return though. I'm sure some reading does a scientist better than smoking.'' Technically, he didn't have to, but he'd rather be on even terms with people when possible. Made things easier when something came up. ''That aside, is there something else you're up to, or are you keeping me here just to hang out?''

'Reading':
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:52 pm

"Honestly that dose take a fraction of a load off my mind. Means potentially slightly less work for me." With a chuckle, Mysterio puffed from his own cigarette and leaned back in his plush leather chair. The light from his open window cutting through the smoke and making the room feel all the more like a father's den. Mysterio had to give the kid some credit... He had a point "Know what? Yer right kid, I really should chill... All this stress is turning my hair grey... Heh... Ya see it's funny cus my hair is naturally white," Not missing a beat he pressed the button on his desk once more "Lisa, Rim Shot please,"

"...Badum Tsss...."

"Thank you Yolanda," Mysterio snickerd letting go of the button "That woman has the patients of the gods... I wonder how much they pay her.. Whatever it is it is NOT enough. Anyway, tell me, would you honestly be offended if I called you a fartnocker and said my dad could beat up your dad? It's only really an insult if the party being insulted finds the insult insulting... Otherwise it's just confusing. Which is funnyer for me in the end." It was almost odd how quickly Mysterio seemed to switch modes. A few moments ago he seemed moments from exploding or jumping over the desk to throttle the kid, now it was almost like the guy didn't have a care in the world, happily smokeing and looking over the scroll he had been given.

"Gee! Thanks kid! I, surprisingly, actually appreciate this. Heh... And while I would love to have your company, you're free to go if you don't find 'hanging out' to be appealing heh..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:22 pm

''As long as that doesn't mean you'll start slacking. This will probably require several people looking into it.'' Samael was sure the man had his own ways of finding necessary information anyway. And it wasn't like he would get anything helpful in return even if he had managed to say something the other was actually interested in. Because if Mr. Scientist here knew something important, he wouldn't be asking every other person like this. Most likely. For all he knew, it could just be a play, but being suspicious of the government wouldn't solve anything either so that was just something to be left up in the air for now.

But at least they were beyond unnecessary frustrations now. Only to be replaced by a weird kind of humour. He had to wonder who raised this guy at times. ''Maybe you should dye it pink. It would probably suit you. And it wouldn't turn gray either.'' Or maybe not, but what was he to say to that anyway? He wasn't sure how did white hair even turn gray in the first place. Losing color is natural, but in this case it would be more like gaining it. Which was unlikely. He would wave away some of the smoke the man was making while listening to more of the ridiculousnes. ''It appears that with you, she sure needs that patience.'' At least, he was getting that impression from the short exchanges he heard. ''You have a slight point. It is confusing, yes. But a person with a working brain should be able to figure out it is a type of insult regardless of how ridiculous it sounds at a first glance. Sometimes it's the principle of knowing the other side is aiming to insult you, rather than whether it is actually personally insulting to you with that particular wording.'' There were lots of different people afterall. Just because it's not a successful insult doesn't change it is one. ''As for me, I'd probably just think the government is employing crazy people nowadays.'' Technically, he already kind of did, but it would take longer to see just how much did that affect things.

''You're welcome.''
At least it was going well? ''I was just wondering, that's all. There is something I'd like to ask before I go, though. Do you know what is it like outside of the barriers? I know someone who thinks scientists should be useful with anything magical or out of ordinary, so I figured I'd ask.'' Whether he would get any answer was the real question though.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 6:35 pm

"Tch, hehehe, Crazy? Me? My dear boy, to call me crazy is an utter insult to those who suffer from mental afflictions. No my friend I am the only one around here who is sane. Deafeningly, debilitation, agonizingly sane." Mysterio's eyes blanked as he stared into the distance for a moment. A wry smile forming as they settled on this bookcase. "And if one truly took insult form something so small then I would have no business with them. Far to thin skinned for my tastes slash fun, ehehe."

Mysterio snicked to himself as he listed to Samael speak, however his joyful chortle would die down as he heard the question."Beyond the barrier? Heh... now why would you want to know that? Feeling adventurous or just curious?... Hmhmhm... Ether way, the land outside the barrier is inhospitable and very dangerous. Absolutely crawling with Sfalma. Think unclaimed forests and frigid tundras... All very nasty... though you probably knew that much already. Heh... What is it in specific you wish to know..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How fun scrap is... (Sammy)   How fun scrap is... (Sammy) Empty

Back to top Go down

How fun scrap is... (Sammy)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next