Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Balancing Damage (Discussion)

Go down 
+4
Penny
Retuo
Xombie
Grantus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

Balancing Damage (Discussion) Empty
PostSubject: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:10 pm

So a topic was brought up about the possibility of changing the overall boosts of Tiers as they rise, most likely either lowering each boost, or lowering them all down to a certain percentage. The idea was to make combat in PvP a little more controllable and less ridiculous in terms of damage. However while lowering the overall damage output in PvP can be possible, it's still out in the open whether the same treatment should be done for PvS, or if it should just only apply to PvP. This is also an attempt to prevent everything and everyone from being extremely OP, while still giving people a chance at becoming stronger however they wish to. There are several approaches that can be made, and every opinion is welcome, since this affects every member of the site new and old. Feel free to say what you think in the comments what you think is the simplest and most effective solution to this issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:16 am

I like the idea of a power growing as you get stronger. It kind of like a reward for my hard work and helps me move forward. With that being said, I am also one for things replacing lower one and set amounts of damage.

For example (pardon my FF example) - Blizzard - Blizzara - Blizzaga

As the power grows its next form is unlocked and with it more power. Sure, the upper tiers cost more, but that is what the leveling is for. Your stats should be able to handle the increase price...and quite frankly I find it a bit odd to have tier 1 skill set only at tier 1 and not being able to upgrade without money or something like that. I like being rewarded for hard work rather than grinding and watching a power grow seems more natural to me. Even discovering new types of skills through use.

In any case, with this system I believe to keep it simple a set amount damage should be set for each tier and type rather than multiplying it by a number. Not sure if that makes it too flat, but it is something to consider.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:23 am

Sounds like a good idea. Trying it out before we actually employ it full force is probably better than jumping in and then possibly having to change it up midplot. If any help with testing is needed, I'm willing to assist, unless Rita takes it all upon her plot.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Getting all of the testing done in one smooth run while not interfering with ongoing plots seems best to me. Those who participate, I'll reward with VC in Erisia if they want. That said, if any help is needed, I'd be glad to give it, but I'm iffy on incorporating it into the Side Plot right away since there's been a lot of changes already, any more would simply get confusing unless it's absolutely certain it'll stay consistent until the end.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 6:12 am

If needed, I could prolly hold a small test of things once Ueitawa ends. If anyone else wants to, then by all means, take it. I'm only taking on the task if no one else can or want to.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 10:04 am

I've already gave my answer to this to Gran, so just let me know what you guys decide in the end.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you for your assistance, everyone. And thank you for helping, Essay. Your two cents are always welcomed to me.
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:16 pm

A small dungeon could definitely work as a test. Whenever it gets ironed out I will volunteer to either run or test it.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:18 pm

I preemptively volunteer to be your guinea pig.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Well, I have a dungeon ready to go if needed. Just need some flavor text written for it.

Map in question

EDIT: it's ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Mmm. I like the idea of small test not sure if I am understanding the map though. I am not sure why, but the darker places make me think I need wings or something. Is it a sky dungeon? o.o In any case, when ya'll flesh it out let me know. I am always ready to test things.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 12:35 am

To answer your question, Deshi... The blue squares is the basement floor. Or the Sewers in this case, if you will.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 7:09 am

The Dungeon is slowly coming to a close. Just the big boss left. If things go as smooth as they have been going uptil now, it should be finished by the end of March, perhaps early April. It Will be over with before the main part of Endymion starts.

The Dungeon in Question can be found here: https://newarcana.forumotion.com/t3697-acotali-s-emerald-city-testing-the-dungeon-changes-deshitana-puck-safi
I just wanted to thank Deshi, Godai and Safi for taking their time helping out with this, and I'd like to ask if I'm allowed to reward them with something for their help. Nothing Major mind you, just a small reward, like what we mods get for helping with NPCs. Like 3-5k VC or some such. If I can't do that, I'll give em something directly from Mae's own pocket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Damage (Discussion)   Balancing Damage (Discussion) Empty

Back to top Go down

Balancing Damage (Discussion)
Page 1 of 1