Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Pick a Card... [Sal, O]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dansen

Dansen

Pick a Card... [Sal, O] Empty
PostSubject: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:41 pm

The library of Kizuna Academy was not much to behold, it was a moderate size and held the information that one came to expect from a school of its locale and student populace. The books were piled with much history and knowledge, but much of this was to never be read or even picked up and skimmed through those that chose to come to the library did only to learn, study up on a test or to find a place of silence to think. It was good then that the library was even more quiet than usual, there were plenty of activities and clubs going on that day and many students would make up their times getting home or trying to spend their days looking for some interesting occurrence or anecdotal moment to appear to them. As such the place of learn would only hold the sound of perhaps scratching pens or pencils on paper or the creaking of bookshelves by some ghostly apparitions, the silence in the library was as terrifying as it was complete.

"Hmm..... If I this goes there..." Dansen thought to himself as he wrote down on a piece of paper, for those not close to him it would seem as if he was perhaps solving a mathematical equation in some ways that was a partial truth as he was completing many books that the library had involving puzzles or sudoku. He had gone through three of these books in under two hours, these compendiums of brain-teasers had not matched up to Dansen expectations. "With this I'll be done within the library's closing time..." Dansen looked over at the pile of books left unfinished as he instinctively finished another page of puzzles, it was becoming a natural thing for him to challenge himself now he had very little in the way of those he liked and he would rather focus on games or anything that could keep his mind racing and make the dreary life he was leading perhaps a bit more interesting.

"Won't anything change around here?"

The young boy thought to himself as he stared towards the ceiling contemplating the times or at least his current situation, school was a bore as such he did not apply to much to it though when he was tested or questioned he would usually be in the upper echelon of the grades, he was just not motivated to deal with anything at the moment and he felt as if he had fell into a bit of a slump. "Hmm... Maybe if I look for something a bit more challenging." He stood up from the table he had made his base of operations and began to scour the fields of dead trees all the knowledge they contained to look for something remotely interesting, when he walked through the library he noticed that he was nearly alone perhaps for a few studying individuals, he was happy to walk around and search for something to spice up what seemed like a rather dreadful afternoon in his life.

Won't something happen... Please someone I'm begging you..."
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Salmane had been researching in the library, the librarian sauntering past a few times to put some manuscripts away, the volumes of random subjects. Her retinas scanned her Hardcover playwright of ‘Othello, The Moor of Venice’ reading slightly aloud to herself since no one was around. “Keep up your bright swords, for the dew will rust them.” Time flew and the pages we’re being flipped through. After maybe two hours she closed the hardcover “Eh? I’ve already read this…” Salmane rose and moved towards where she had found the literature. After putting it away she went searching through the bookcases for her favorite author, F. Scott Fitzgerald. She came upon an older looking boy with black hair and glasses. He seemed to be looking for something, she slowly came up behind him and gave his shoulder a tap and steeped back as if he would have exploded. ”Umm. Excuse me. Do you know where the Liberian would keep any books by F. Scott Fitzgerald? You know, ‘Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right.’ Do you know him?”
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:21 pm

As Dansen scoured through the books on the mounding shelves in front of him he was motioned by someone in the corner of his vision, he turned to see who was asking him were they could find the works of F.Scott Fitzgerald, the question was being asked by a young lady. She seemed to be about Dansen's age if not a little bit younger and was seemingly nervous upon asking the question on the author's location, Dansen saw no problem in giving direction to the girl while making some small talk to someone other than himself, honestly at this point it was getting hard to think with all his inner monologue. "They're a rotten crowd....You're worth the whole damn bunch put together" Dansen recited the lines from Fitzgerald probably most talked about work, he had read the book not long ago as he found the notion of the story quite intriguing. "If your looking for Gatsby or any of Mr Fitzgerald's works I believe you would do well by going through a few rows down."

Dansen had answered the girl's question but then decided to put some inputs of his own favorites from the literature that could be found in the place of learning. "Honestly I found Fitzgerald rather interesting though I've had a fun time re-reading some of Arthur Miller's works, his writing has always had quite a psychological feel to it that always gets to me..." Dansen's reminiscing had become almost sing-songy by that point, he had loved reading it improved his concentration and he found a good book to be a challenge by the time he had entered high-school seeing how quickly he could get through a book was one of his new games to entertain himself. "Still I'd be happy to help you look for Fitzgerald if you can't find him. I would never hinder a girl with such good taste in literature from such a prize." Dansen waited on the girl to make her response but before so he had remembered he had yet to introduce himself to the questioning lady "Oh by the way sorry, I'm Dansen Sukamada nice to meet you".
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:38 pm

You’re a fan?! My word you don’t find people around here with a great taste in fine works of art like his. Her eyes darted down the aisle and back towards the boy. He was first year, she could tell by his age appearance and the way he talked. When he spoke his name, she replied, Hello Dansen Sukamada, my name is Salmane Sokida. I’m a third year. I didn’t know people my age actually liked this paraphernalia. She wondered why she had always stated that she was third year when introducing herself. Probably because she didn’t understand why people didn’t believe it… Holly crap, I can’t believe you like the same author that I do. People in my year don’t understand who he is. Who else do you like?
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:59 pm

The young lady who introduced herself as Salmane Sokida was taken aback by Dansen's knowledge of authors and a wide array of literature, she stated to him that she was a third year but that she was of a similar age to him. He was muddled at first but he soon understood that she may have been bumped up due to her intellect, in Kizuna academy it was not unheard of to be pushed up due to intelligence rather than age. Still the girl asked him for more on his likes in literature, he was all but willing to oblige her as this was one of the more interesting things that had occurred for him in the last few days. "Well if I'm on the spot then I have to say that I enjoy a bit of Bronte, Charlotte though I read Wide Sargasso Sea before moving onto Jane Eyre mostly out of continuity." After replying he continued on "Then I would have to say that John Steinbeck's stories have always been quite intriguing to me."

Dansen's continued rambling on the classic authors he had a interest in was beginning to be the only thing that could be heard in the library, the silence broken by the young man's constant review of his likes and dislikes of authors he had read up on for hours on end. "Obviously Shakespeare is an important factor I'm more inclined to stories on revenge like Hamlet or tragedies like Macbeth but Othello's rather tragic rise and fall through the daily affairs of his life has been quite a interesting read as well." Dansen smirked and made a laugh of joyful remembrance when he said the words "Honest Iago Ha!" After his rant on the bard Dansen made to remember more of his loved books. "Hmmmm I like Harold Pinter but he's more a playwright than he is a author... Still his dark and confusing stories always interested me." Dansen had realized he was blathering finally when he was running low on literary prowess "Oh but where are my manners? I've been clucking like a hen without so much as a breath!" Dansen smiled rather warmly to thank the young lady for her patience and waited for her to respond.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Salmane was astonished. This figure in front of her, was a male her, a gender bended form of her. After he stopped talking she replied with an I agree but what about Mr. Twain He’s always been there with his influence. I love his works of art. Her eyes reverted to look at other books, not even knowing what she was looking for. Was it possible someone could be like her? No one in this trash heap sounded smart to her. Dansen, may I ask why your all alone in this library? It seems like no one but us and the librarian are here.
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Dansen had been returned to Mark Twain as a literary marvel he had forgotten through his listing of his favorites. "Oh yes Twain's works are quite a picture of many different themes of childhood and even squalor from living without money or power, then I didn't mention Dickens either or my particular like for Wordsworth... Though I have to admit he is a poet his writing does have quite a flair to it that makes it rather memorable." Dansen stopped himself from getting back into his quoting mode as he returned to reality and the questioning of the lady in front of him. She had asked him why he was in the library to begin with, it was a question that was quite important and Dansen had an answer but he was not sure how she would take it. "Well I do like the quiet in here it helps me concentrate, whats more I was challenging myself with some puzzle solving while I had the time to think, then again the emptiness maybe due to others having something to occupy them still their loss for our gain don't you think?" Dansen asked quizzically to the girl standing in front of him he had hoped she would answer him with similar jolliness of the current peaceful quiet.

"I was planning on reading up on a point for one of my classes tomorrow if you want to know why I came here in the first place, but I felt that the time I could spend in here could be of better use if I tried to improve my mind's strength." Dansen had thought of that of the reason he was doing it, sure he had the boredom to conquer but improving his skill with complex problems could aid in his other less than gracious activities, he was hoping he had learned a bit from his solving book after book of puzzles and he would only know the efforts perhaps later.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:50 am

Her smile was huge; no one on earth could have said that. All her favorite authors, how could someone else like those kinds of novels, especially a high school student. Usually their running around making a mess and being loud, but is it possible someone else likes the quiet? I love the quiet as well. In here it’s like another realm. I don’t even know if anyone knows there are books in here. I contemplate they just walk right by not perceiving it. How could adore a library? There’s so much to do here. She sighed, her head going down slightly. I guess people don’t understand this place like I do…
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:40 am

Salmane had made comments on her love for the quiet of the library along with a description of the place of learning as almost another world in its entirety, Dansen was not one to disagree the place did have a sort of mystique when there were little to no students in it. He had looked around and noted that there was no sort of sound that he had thought he had heard before the sincerely quaint silence that came with his conversation with the young 3rd year had grown as the two discussed the author's of time's past. Salmane had wondered how many books could be in the place they were standing as well as commenting on the lack of notice that some may give to such a place Dansen felt that he had to speak up on the subject. "Well I guess we could find the referencing and count out the number of books barring copies and reprints but a place like this seems all the better when there is an air of mystery around it don't you think?"

He proceeded to move his hand along the rows of books next to him contemplating Salmane's words on the subject of those on the outside not understanding how the library could be quite intriguing. "Such a place like this is a forest in the middle of the school all packed up and given life through those who have written in the pages with every page giving another twist to the story or a change in thinking to those wise enough to read it." Dansen turned back to Salmane as he made his comments. "Thinking on why so many people can't enjoy it.... Well not many people can understand the importance of a good book nowadays I guess it comes with the changing times." Dansen had hoped his feelings on the subject would at least give Salmane some food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:24 pm

Salmane realized that the conversation was not going anywhere due to the repeat of the same subject. This boy seemed nice though, talking to him was interesting. It was easy; she didn’t have to deal with worrying about what to say to him or messing up and looking un-proper. But the conversation was growing tedious. How to bring the conversation up, a question on his life? Maybe sticking to school would be a good start. ”In any case, I would love talking about authors however one can only talk about it so much. So I would like to engage in another topic of choice, How about school in general? Do you participate in any after school programs?”
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:03 pm

The young girl had made comments on where else Dansen was currently hanging out in his spare time after noting that they had been on the subject of books for quite a while and it was starting to perhaps drag. "That's true I'm starting to dislike the sound of my own voice...." He had no reason not to tell her which clubs he was in barring the fact that he had only joined one club since coming to the academy he felt that the information couldn't color anyone's perception so drastically. "Well for after school activities I'm currently in the Kendo club, I felt that having a bit of exercise once in a while could help with the typical drudgery of daily school life." Dansen had noticed that he was the one flapping his gums much more than usual, he never tended to ramble on but perhaps a mix of the slow day and perhaps the good listening skills of the girl in front of him had put him a bit more on the chatty side today.

"Well I've spoken about myself I feel for far to long so perhaps you could give me the pleasure of telling me a bit more about yourself?"
Dansen had hoped that the third year would be able to talk about herself a bit more so he could get a feel for what she was about a bit more than just her taste in literature. "Like what are your hobbies? What after school clubs are you in? Do you have any thing outside of school?" He did not want to pry to much, what he got off her was that she was seemingly shy so if he went into a bit to much detail or if he asked her something she got embarrassed about he might end up losing the only thing keep the little attention that he had and so he waited on her to make her move.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Kendo? Exercise? Oh my, exercise isn’t fun. He had asked what kind of activities she participated in. It was just Student council… Right? I mean she wasn’t that social so…. ”I’m in the Student Council. I’m not anything special in it though… I’m just the quiet member in the corner. As for activities outside of school, I don’t have a life. I sit at home with Radford and Cecelia reading or studying.She sighed, looking at the ground. It had been so long since mother had left . Although she barely saw her, she still loved her.
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Upon asking her what she did in school and outside it, Salmane replied to Dansen that she was a member of the student council, from what he saw of the council Dansen was not much of a fan but for this girl he may change his mind. She at least did not seem to be like the others in the council who were either power hungry or just plain unlikable this girl seemed more shy and misunderstood than what Dansen had perhaps first expected. "Well if there are more members of the council like you then perhaps I've been underestimating the skills and strength of the council." He had meant it as a complement but it would be up to time to tell whether or not she would take it as such. As the girl continued she mentioned that seemingly, she did not have much of a life outside of school to speak of. It was rather an unfortunate tale as she claimed that she simply stayed at home most days, it would take someone strapping him down to stop Dansen from going out and doing something but he was just that kind of person and it was not uncommon for others to have different thoughts and feelings on such a subject.

He then noticed that the young lady in front of him seemed almost upset as she looked to the ground, he walked closer to her and then tried to lift her gaze up by placing his hand under her chin to move it to his face level, with a gentle smile he said to her "Sorry if I made you uncomfortable, it wasn't my intention still I feel that if you want to be more social you should start with a chance encounter such as this." Dansen then quizzically said "Don't you think it would be better to have a bit of change and excitement once in a while?" He waited on her answer hoping she would not be to uncomfortable at the idea of a bit more social activity.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:35 am

Dansen had inquired on how she looked like she felt the situation was awkward. She shook her hear ”You have not said anything unpleasant. This situation is not in any way uncomfortable…” After a moment Salmane tried to remember what the boy had said before. More members like you. What could that mean? All the council members seemed nice besides when fought about school rules and other stupid things. But even then Salmane just stayed off to the side. “What do you mean, ‘More members like me?’ Is there something wrong with the other members?”
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Salmane had seemingly picked up on Dansen's seemed dislike for the council, he had hoped that she would not take any offence but he was quick to bounce back. "Well I've met a few... Uncouth individuals that belonged to the council that seemingly don't have the school's best interest at heart." Dansen smiled as he finished he had met a few who were seemingly aware of the council's rather dark nature or at least those that saw it as a society not truly looking for the improvement of the student of Kizuna but instead were seemingly more focused on control rather than peace. But this girl.... She was different she did not seem at all like those he had heard of or those he had actually seen in action looking to make an example of certain 'distressful' elements around then school.

After he made his mentioning of those people within the council that seemed unwise to trust Dansen then looked to her and said "I think that maybe if you were a bit more pro-active then I wouldn't have any problems but I can understand if you have apprehension on such an idea, I mean its not like you can just become a different person over night..." Dansen sighed as he finished his sentence as he looked up to the ceiling and then began again saying "God knows that I've tried..." With that he stood there think on days pasted, he did not talk about himself much, for good reason in his mind but he was still nostalgic every so often of the days that had past him by still the mood turned rather sour due to the mentioning and would maybe need a bit of cheering up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pick a Card... [Sal, O]   Pick a Card... [Sal, O] Empty

Back to top Go down

Pick a Card... [Sal, O]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next