Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) Empty
PostSubject: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:58 am

Post meeting... Mysterio found himself wandering the island alone, having sent his assistants home for the eve to watch over the most recent group of Forgotten material and tidy up for the tours that were comeing tomorrow... Why in the name of various deities did Kalos find it necessary to allow people into the labs on her birthday!? What part of her ageing makes it ok for her to shove the dull mindless masses into his lab to touch his stuff and gawk at his research. The only saving grace was the fact that they were simply to stupid to comprehend what they were looking at... Otherwise this would be  huge security risk. Though this did present an opportunity... If he could somehow vaporize his latest mutagen he could easily render it colorless and odorless. Then it would be a simple task of finding a way to introduce it to them in a controlled invirome-

"Hm?..." Mysterio was knocked out of his trance like walk as he heard the distinct sound of a young adolescent, obviously no older then 19 from the pitch and no taller then perhaps six foot, grunting. He found this odd due to the fact that the mere notion of a young man grunting outside his lab was ludicrous... However after a cursory glance around him he found that he had somehow ended up at the castles training ground and NOT his lab...."Son of a..." Mildly intrigued Mysterio turned his attention to the source of the noise to find, just as he theorized, a young man currently using the training grounds.

Mysterio would watch the boy for a moment... Normally this would prove mind numbingly boring to the Scientist... however... Something about this boy's stance was very intriguing... his speed was... yes... very yes

"Hey! I need to have *COUGH* a world with you..." Why did Mysterio call out to the boy... This requires.... study....
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 1:07 pm

It wasn't exceptionally entertaining to spend time doing this on his own and all, but Samael wasn't the one to loiter around when there was no worthy reason to do such a thing. It's not like any celebrations started yet, despite days off already being issued in advance. Who knew what everyone else was doing right now. Maybe spending time with family? It was a logical thought when they didn't have to be busy with work or such. Although, that was a somewhat moot point for him, as he didn't feel like moving across the colony just for a visit, and then have to go back almost right away. It was better to just spend time doing something productive until anything of interest happened due to the upcoming holiday.

He didn't stop what he was doing even when he did notice someone watching him from nearby. Noticing things was something he was good at afterall. And while he did momentarily wonder who that was, and why was he looking, he chose to not be bothered for now. Unless it lasted for too long. In the end, he didn't have to take measures however, as said person decided to talk to him. At which point Samael would stop, turning to look at the strange tall man directly.

Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) WIaAWX2

''Hello.'', he would greet the other casually enough, before posing a question. ''What is it? I don't think I know you though, do I?'' He was sure he hadn't met a man this odd before. So why would a stranger 'need' to have a word with him? He could understand if it was on a normal day, as he did occasionally meet a bunch of people through soldier training and such, but this wasn't the case right now. It shouldn't, at the very least.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 1:55 pm

"Mmmm... Polite... Strange... Thought not unheard of." Mysterio let out a another hacking cough as he approached the young man, his lit cig almost flying out of his mouth with every wheeze. As Mysterio got closer to the boy, he began to feel something... off about the young man. Something in the back of his mind screamed for Mysterio to turn and walk away, but why? What was it about the lad that suddenly and violently cause such a guttural reaction, and what was this reaction exactly? It felt so amorphous and non descript that... More study. This requires more study....

"Mmmm No... No you probably don't know me, more often then not you soldiers don't *COUGH* know the difference between one bastard in a lab coat from another... Shame. The name's Dr.Mysterio, lead scientist for the Maiden Kalos... Now onto things that actually matter worth a damn," Mysterio took a long dreg from his cigarette and blew smoke into the wind away from the young lad, the boy probably needed his lungs. What with all that worthless jumping around the drill sergeants have these boys do...

Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) 526862

"I won't jerk ya around so here's the point, I noticed your technique while I was walking by and I'm intrigued. To be honest I've seen a lot of you swordsmen fight and am mildly curious about the physics of it all. So I'd like you to demonstrate some of that fancy sword work you soldiers are always so proud of... For science and shit... You're speed is what intrigues me the most... so... Do that." While this might have been the point of this interaction at first... Now it was this feeling that Mysterio needed to investigate... There was something off about this boy... And it interested Mysterio... "Rest assured that anything you show me will be used to directly benefit the Maidens... plus I'll like... pay you or something if I like what I see..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 2:33 pm

Right. A scientist. Well, the outfit hinted at that, so it wasn't a surprise. Samael knew some people worked on researches, but since he had no reason to dabble in that, he didn't particularly take the time to note differences between the people working there just yet. Afterall, it served him no real purpose in day to day life. There was little chance he would meet with them often enough for it to matter. Today was probably a lucky day? ''I am aware that some people are scientists, but I never really meet them personally much, therefore don't have a way to know who is who. Nice to meet you, however.'' Didn't scientists mostly work in labs afterall? That wasn't where he went just because, so of course he wasn't likely to know unless he took a specific interest in them. But, he would remember once told, if nothing else.

He looked at the man thoughtfully as it was explained that it was about the swordfighting? That was a rather strange interest for a lab kind of guy. ''How do sword techniques benefit a scientist? Your job doesn't have much to do with fighting unles I am wrong.'' Plus, he didn't know what was the man looking for specifically. Speed can be a broad term. ''Demonstrating isn't very effective without a good target to use. Speed is mostly about training when it comes to handling weapons. I think physics that apply are the same as for anything else a person can do. That's your field, however.'' How can one assess such things by watching a performance anyway?
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 2:55 pm

"It's actually quite simple," Mysterio said with a slight scoff. The boy had a good head on his shoulders. Mysterio could respect that, though the fact that he requires more convincing is mildly irritating... Mysterio said he needed help and watching his sword play would provide that help. What more was there to it? "It all boils down to the physics of it. While yes it comes from training and your own personal fitness, there may be things you are doing with they way your body moves that may influence your speed, even if you don't exactly know you're doing it."

With a smirk Mysterio walked across the field and grasped a wooden practice spear from its place on the ground. After regarding it for a moment he gave it a good test swing and was satisfied by its heft. "You see... it all comes down to a little thing called force and acceleration... When an object travles in a circle, much like the tip of your blade when you swing it, it's under a constant force and acceleration that-ya still with me here kid? Stop me if I start to confuse ya... I'll go slower if you want... Fuck uh... the point is-" Mysterio took his time in chooseing a spot for the spear. Once satisfied he planted the spear into the ground, removed his coat, and hung it off the end of the spear.

"You might be doing something with your form that's allowing you to get a little extra centripetal acceleration with your swing making you just a little bit faster...and I want to know what it is." With a smirk Mysterio backed off from the makeshift practice dummy and motioned towards it. "You could be the key to better, faster harvesting combines and lead to increased crop yield and the eradication of hunger... Or you could be the bases for a new blender... Ether way... Fuck it Science for the Science gods heh."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:20 pm

It wasn't that Samael was dumb or anything. He understood the point well enough. Physics had a lot of laws that could be applied. Obviously a scientist would know a good deal about all that. In which case, why need a demonstration from a random person you happen to walk by? Having that sort of knowledge, the man could probably figure out an answer on his own, or simply use science itself to simulate the needed physical formulas.

He would watch the man play with a wooden spear for a moment before speaking up. ''I am following. Although, with how smart you are about physics, shouldn't you know the answer already? If you wanted to make use of this, you could have always approached soldiers in the past as well. I am not the only one around afterall.'' For how eager the man was to get his scientifical facts, it was a little surprising for him to have suddenly decided to pick a random person he saw, just because he had been doing some training.

But he was interested enough to humor the man for now. Afterall, wanting to know is still better than sitting around. He would swipe the practice sword he was holding in his right hand swiftly, using it to pick off the coat, which would now be hanging off the sword instead. There wasn't much to do with these practice weapons afterall. He couldn't really cut anything, and it's not like he had a real weapon on him right now. So this was the next best thing to do.

''Can you calculate your acceleration just by watching?''
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 10:18 am

"To be completely honest I have seen many soldiers faster then you, and with more skill with their blade," Mysterio sad as he closely watched the young soldier's swipe. Frankly he was very impressed, the lad was able to pluck his coat off the spear without damaging it in the slightest. Such fine manipulation of the blade is something to be admired... and studied extensively for application... "But they all seemed so boring..." Mysterio lamented as he took his coat back and quickly donned it. "You on the other hand seem very... intriguing. Tell me, why do you think that is. I mean I already know but I'm curious to see if you have noticed it..." The dark foreboding presence built around the young man... Mysterio knew something was about to occur on the islands... something that would change everything, and this young lad might have been the key to understanding and it. How Mysterio knew this was beyond even his knowledge...It was a hunch, and Mysterio's hunches are rarely wrong...

"And to answer your second question yes... I saw something very interesting, it looks like you pull back slightly as you enter the final stage of your slash giving your blade a slight increase in horizontal acceleration along with centripetal. Interesting... And as smart as I am, and trust me I'm pretty damn smart, I still need to observe nature to solve some problems. Could I have discovered this on my own... Probably! But this was faster so... yeah." Mysterio chuckled slightly before reaching into his coat and drawing a slightly bent and ripped card from an internal pocket. He grimaced at it for a moment before handing it to the boy with a lopsided smile. "I've got an idea of what you did but I*COUGH* EM! I'll need some cameras to better understand what yer doing here. Drop by my lab some time, I'd like to run some..... Tests.... "

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 12:39 pm

''Would I tell you if I knew? Regardless, I cannot know what makes the difference between boring and interesting for you. Everyone looks out for something else.'' Even if he was to know, figuring out what exactly was the man refering to wasn't easy from the choice of words. What did he know about things that scientists found more interesting than others? These things usually didn't bother him on a daily basis. Even though he wasn't beyond acknowledging them.

Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) TTYmHqs

''You make strange picks for your observations.''
, he would state as he stabbed the sword into the ground. He did have other thoughts on this matter, but he wasn't about to say more right now. Talking about physics didn't interest him all that much. It could be useful, he knew that. But it wasn't really his field, nor was he about to try doing it pointlessly. ''I'll consider it.'', he'd say as he examined the card. Assuming he'd decide it's safe to come by. The man was already strange with these sudden observations out of nowhere. Would he really want to know what 'tests' involved? That was the question. For later. It wasn't like he had to draw a conclusion right away.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 1:24 pm

"Hmmm I suppose you wouldn't, after all we have just met, and to expect such an insight from someone who is, for all intents and purposes, a stranger is a bit outside the realm of acceptable behavior." Mysterio snickered slightly to himself as he turned to leave the training ground. Though his back was turned he continued to address the young lad, his voice slightly raised to make sure he was heard. "You do realize you just called yourself strange my lad... No matter though. I will expect you at my lab at any time within the next few days. Should I not be there when you arrive... I don't know just leave a message with one of my robots they'll get it to me. Just come when you feel ready to help advance mankind."

Mysterio took a few more steps before stopping and turning to face the soldier once more."I just realized, I never caught your name. While I'm perfectly fine with simply calling you 'Lad' or 'Boy' I would think you might take a bit of offense to that, especially if you chose to accept my offer and we began to interact on a *COUGH* ahem... on a professional level..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 4:58 pm

''It's not impossible, but I don't think either of us is a psychologist.'' Even then it would be a stretch. People were complex, and sometimes years weren't enough to be able to read a person smoothly and without much error. With a stranger it's a fat chance, unless they are extremely forward with their intentions for whatever reason. Samael was almost tempted to roll his eyes at the next words. He knew what he had said, afterall. ''Not as strange as you.'', he'd remark in a casual tone, and technically, he did mean that. Maybe he was a little strange, wasn't everyone? But surely, compared to him, the man was more than just strange. Or maybe he just didn't understand science enough for the matter.

Copper eyes would look at the man. ''My name is Samael. And we will see. I can't say science and research used to be on my to do list in the past.'' And while it was an interesting concept, he wasn't sure he had the time for that. Just like research took up time, his training and such did too on normal days. There was just leeway due to the holidays right now.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 10:27 pm

"Hehee... I suppose so...I suppose so..." Mysterio let out a dry laugh as he turned to leave once more. This lad was so interesting... so... very.... interesting. It was not what he said nor what he did... but his very BEING was interesting... It gave Mysterio an itch... an itch to cut and dissect and analyze and record and test and publish and study and learn and-!....

"I do hope we meet again Samael... Even if you do not wish to see the scientific potential... I would not be opposed to another meeting... until then however, don't break any bones that may hinder your performance... heh...ahahahaha" Mysterio laughed quietly to himself as he walked away... so... very... Interesting....

{Exit}
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:54 am

''I do things out of my own choice. You should just focus on taking care of your science. If we meet again, we will. It's too soon to say for certain.'', he would respond with a half smile. Interesting as it was, he wasn't going to have the man tell him what to do on a first meeting. It was his personal choice as to whether he'd comply to even come around in the future, was it not? And he wasn't certain whether he wanted weird tests done on him. He wouldn't put it behind scientists to tamper with things a bit too much at times. Afterall, that's what their job is about.

Now then, maybe he should go do something else himself, after being interrupted. Time didn't stop just because...

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Dr. Mysterio and Samael Ryer have established a Social Link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)   Your form is...Interesting. (Sam) Empty

Back to top Go down

Your form is...Interesting. (Sam)
Page 1 of 1