Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 4:13 pm

Hmmm? Now why so much negativity? Sure, maybe he did not truly agree with how the Angels operated, but that didn't mean he would single them out just because. Perhaps there were reasons why it seemed unlikely for him to do this, but that wasn't all that was there to it.

Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 YrwpjqS

''I don't like the concept of how they are acting. But that doesn't mean I'm going to run away from them. If you walk solo, you'll have a hard time learning anything in detail, as no one will be your ally for real. I can see the merit in the Wish, but I also think it's flawed. Same as the Wishes of the other Angels. Each of them appeal to something, but they choose to omit some other facts in favor of what they propose. I think that something could be worked out with the Angels, but for that, I'd need to be good terms with the majority of them at least. I did this partially to test out how it worked, and to see what happens when one works with them. Angel is the one I can agree with the most without problems arising so far. In a way, you're right. I'm walking on my own terms, but I intend to deal with them somehow.'' It wasn't exactly easy to explain his train of thought to someone like Jack. They usually had rather differing perceptions of things. But hopefully this would do.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:20 pm

''So... You don't agree with how she's planning on doing things, nor do you fully agree with the wish itself. Yet you joined her cause in order to learn more about the angels and get on better terms with them. Shar... Take this with a grain of salt but... That's kinda ass backwords don't ya think?" Jack would say with a little laugh. Sharaku... Was just so different from him in every way! It was almost like he and Jack were completely different species raised on different planets. Sharaku seemed like the kind who planned every action five or six steps in advance, while Jack decided that he would act and react on his instincts. Jack's end goal seemed to change on the day, while he'd be surprised if Sharaku's had changed at all...

"I just don't understand you," With a huff Jack would smile and look up to the strange tall man's seemingly out of place grin. "I'm rather thick headed so... I have to ask so I'm sure... Are we on the same side?..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Sharaku would raise an eyebrow at Jack. ''No? I wasn't aware I had to agree with someone to understand them or be on good terms with them. And it isn't that I disagree completely. I simply don't think it's the best possible outcome. For several reasons. Frankly, what I'd call backwards is sticking to one Angel all the time like only they matter. All of the Angels are sort of offering something we already have now, just not in such an extreme at the moment. Techincally, it's as if they are splitting humanity's attributes and mindsets between themselves. But I don't think we would be who we are unless we have all of them. Not just one. That's why I can't really fully agree with one single Wish, even if I wanted to. It makes little sense to me. Aside from the fact that I think this whole Event is being done in a wrong way. But that doesn't mean things cannot be fixed.'' He'd say it was very linear to think that getting to know someone better and such couldn't go together with not agreeing with said person completely. If that was how in worked in reality, then they would all hate each other? Cause it's impossible to fully agree with someone on everything. Doesn't mean he should give up on them...well, unless they really make it obvious it's not worth it.

He would shrug a bit. ''Nothing new. People usually don't understand me. I'm used to it by now.'' That, and he and Jack were on the opposite sides of the spectrum most of the time. ''Perhaps, perhaps not. I do not intend to be anyone's enemy unless they make me be. But if your only goal is to make that one Wish come true, then we aren't really on the exact same side.'' Partially, but also not.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 2:02 pm

"I guess that makes some semblance of sense... It just seems like rather extreme measures to go to just to better understand the angel. I teamed up with Miss.Divine because I thought it was necessary to ensure humanities sovereignty. It was a huge decision... One that I had to think long and hard about between meetings with her... So hearing your reasons for doing so is kinda surreal..." Jack felt... Rather unnerved by Sharaku's logic. His way of thinking was so different then Jack's...

"Sigh... to be honest Sharaku, if it were up to me there would be ONE wish... I tried to word my wish so that it would lead to everyone's wish being heard around the world. That in time the world would mold itself into a place where every human gets a say.... My goal is to make sure humanity becomes free of any rulers... Angel or otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:02 pm

Hmm. Why though? For what he understood, Jack didn't even know the other Angels much. Then, how did he know it was necessary to join Angel to ensure something? For how long it was implied Jack thought...he was only thinking about one option, was he not? It was only about her. ''It's because I want to consider all of them in some way, not just one. You thought so hard about what to do in regards to Angel, but there are others, are there not? What do you know about the other Angels? Besides, it's not like being under one Angel bans me from seeing the others, so I should be fine. Plus, it isn't permanent. You can choose to leave an Angel for another one.'' It may be a bit problematic, yes, but it shouldn't be too bad. Unless the Angels intended to discriminate heavily.

Well, he still didn't see that happening. You can't have everyone's wish be heard completely. By fullfiling one, you may actually be crashing down someone else's. ''I can agree with the freedom, in a way. But I still don't see it possible to really hear out every human's wish. One wish coming true may crush someone else's, because they wanted the exact opposite. And to be honest, there are some people that don't really deserve that much of a say. At least not equal to others. Why would I want to listen to someone who is just an intentional asshole? Because I need to be considerate? I have nothing against reaching out to people, but there are some limits.'', he would shake his head. ''I'd rather there be no wish. Not like this. The Angels could simply give us pointers on how to improve, not force some rewrite on such a short notice. It doesn't feel right to do it their way. And I just want to know why do they really do this.'' He didn't see this making people happy. It already wasn't, and they did not even get to the finish line yet.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:36 am

"The reason I had to think long and hard about joining Miss.Divine even though I haven't met many other angels... Is because I had to decide whether or not I believed her. When I went to talk to her the second time I went alone. This was during Anake's first attack on our world and when he corrupted the Academy.... She told me that she didn't have a wish of her own and that she only wanted Humans to govern themselves and grow as their own race. I thought long and hard about it, and I came to the conclusion that she was telling the truth. I gave her a human's wish designed to bring about human sovereignty and cooperation. Flawed as it is, I still believe in it." Jack would smile and don his helmet again before letting out a curt laugh. It almost felt like he was trying to convince himself that he did the right thing. It wasn't that he doubted his goal or his wish... no. It's not that he doubted Miss.Divine or her promise. It was more that he doubted whether or not he could pull it off...

"Shraku, I agree with you, this event is trash... it would have been better off not happening at all. But we can't change the past, all we can do is change the future, because the only thing not set in stone is our fate." Jack fidgeted slightly with his next words... man this was gunna suck but... What ever! YOLO swag master 6969 and all that crap..."Sharaku, You and I are about as different as different can get. But I feel we're fighting for the same cause. So... I want you to know that I think I'm on your side, and that I do see you as someone I can trust. Unlike those people back at the rally, you seem to at least be open to other ideas heh... I just wish, I was as strong as you..." Jack had never seen Sharaku fight, yet... he could tell that he was on a completely different level then Jack... One that Jack wasn't sure he was ever going to reach...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Sharaku would frown a bit. Well, he knew that Angel didn't have a wish of her own before. He remembered her saying something about only being an observer the first time they met during the Broadcast. That wasn't really the point though. ''In all honesty, I'm not sure what exactly she thinks. She is not like the other Angels.'' Otherwise she wouldn't reside where she did, and only have a wish after being one. Plus...''Do you remember what Simon said at the Rally? That he was given the option to become an Angel because of some competition? He mentioned there was another aside from him. I think it's Angel. She would fit it. Besides, she knows Simon fairly well. She almost cried when he was mentioned around her. That means she should know enough about humanity herself, considering how she most likely used to be one. Yet, she is working with the Angels now...'' Not that it was that bad of a thing...but it was strange. Did she think this kind of approach was right? There was something weird about her, but he had no idea what at the moment.

He would roll his eyes somewhat jokingly. Yes, they can't change the past...but who said changing the future couldn't accomplish it? They would just need to find a way to stop this Event for good. Problem solved. No need to alter the past. ''No, we can't change the past. But no one said there is no way to stop the Event from finishing now. We don't need to bow to their rules completely, do we?'' In all honesty, all those rules of what had to be done were only making it worse. He would chuckle a bit. ''Good for you? As I said, I don't intend to make anyone my enemy unless they choose that fate themselves. People are meant to be different. Otherwise we would just be copies of each other, and that would be a very boring existence. Which is why I don't really support being too hung on one single idea. We shouldn't be. Even people that have different ideals can work together. We can simply agree to disagree on some matters, instead of forcing a single train of thought.'' Wouldn't that be easier? Not that he minded butting heads a bit, but it was a pain when it went too far and people started resorting to insults and such. At that point, it was only making matters worse. He did like verbal battles, but only up to a certain point. It was a problem the moment someone started being butthurt over things that were not even meant that seriously. ''How do you know how strong I am? I don't think we've ever seen each other fight.'' He would rather not make guesses with no proof. Then again, he did tend to be stronger than most people. Still, he wasn't arrogant enough to thing he could easily take on everyone.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 1:47 pm

''And it's that difference that made me trust her. I just have a feeling that she's on our side, and my gut is right about sixty five percent of the time! That's better then half!'' Jack smiled and gave Shar a quick thumbs up. To be fair, though he put a lot of thought towards it, trusting Miss.Divine was a spur of the moment thing. He had been fifty fifty on it for a while, but what put him over the edge was, what else... Super Sentai, more specifically Gosaiger. Their motto of ''It is an angle's duty to protect humanity'' made him realize that there was truth in Miss.Divine's words...

''Well Shar... I can kinda see it on you. Feel it by your very presence ya know? I can't quite describe it but, you just radiate this other worldly power that I can just pick up on... I guess that's why I approached you in the first place those many months ago... You're stronger then me, and it's for that reason that I need your help. I want to end this battle with the primordials as soon as possible. I'm going to march right up to Thesis and deck her in the schnoz! But... I need strong people backing me up for that...I guess what I'm asking is, will you help me take down Thesis...''
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 1:11 pm

''You have strange feelings. Regardless, she is still one of them now, and from what I saw, thinks more in their way than ours. I can't say I'm sure on what side exactly she is. Plus, 'our' side is a broad definition.'' Not all humans were completely on one side, obviously. And he wasn't decided on what he thought of Angel. Sure, she had most likely been human at some point, but she acted more like an Angel than human nowadays. Same elusive demeanor as the others, and the fact that she was for the Event to get completed.

He would frown slightly. ''Yes and no. I agree that she needs to get taken down eventually, but I don't intend to simply march up there and hope the 'decking' works. We may not have a lot of time left, but I'd still rather see whether there are any ways to make it easier first or not, rather than run in there, and risk great injuries by fighting her. We know nothing of how strong Thesis is at all. Not even I would say I could go there and be sure I'll live. For all intents and purposes, she would be extremely powerful. I'd rather not without some sort of preparation in mind at least.'' Sure the Primordials were a problem, but it was not the only one they had on their hands. And he did not fancy the idea of running after Thesis ASAP just to see if they would manage to take her down, despite knowing little about her power level.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:30 pm

"I-But.... Damn it!" Jack sighed and slumped against the building behind him."Sigh... You're right... Damn it your right. I just... I feels so helpless!" Jack sighed and looked ha the helmet in his hands. Everything was clear, beat Thesis, save the world. It was so SIMPLE! Yet... Why couldn't he just go do it! Why was he even wasting time standing around talking about it when he knows where Thesis is and he knows for a fact that he and Megazord have plateaued in terms of power. They're not going to get much stronger no matter what Jack trys so why not give it his all now while he still has a chance!

"Shar... I hate it when you're right ya know?... We don't know much about Thesis or her power level. I just thought that... Maybe with you on my side we could take her down. But even you're hesitant... So what chance do I have. Me and Megazord are about as strong as we can get. So what... can... I... do- Wait..." Jack's mouth dropped as he suddenly remembered something that should have been blatantly obvious from the start... "That's it..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Sharaku would blink. Well...there was probably a point at which everyone felt like whatever they did was useless. He would walk up closer to Jack. ''I'm sure you're not. Just because one thing isn't working out the best for you, it doesn't mean you can't excel at something else. Everyone has some talent they can make use of. Trying to aim for the biggest seeming thing may not be the way to victory. Focus on what you can do now without risking way too much, and I'm sure you'll be just fine.'' Technically, everyone couldn't really focus on fighting Thesis. They would need people elsewhere too. This wasn't so simple. He was fairly sure this wouldn't end with Thesis' demise afterall. There was no need to put way too much importance on fighting her. Someone would eventually go, yes, but not everyone. That would just be a stupid move. Someone could easily wreak havoc elsewhere while everyone was wailing at Thesis. Or she could prepare a trap for them.

Hm. ''It's not that I'm hesitant...I know the extent of my power, but it's not wise to rush into a battle against the unknown. Maybe I'd be able to take her on. But maybe not. There is no saying right now. I prefer to weigh my options first, as long as I have some time for it.'' Which wasn't a lot now, but still. Besides, if they were to go, they would need an at least decently coordinated team. He couldn't just run in there with Jack like that. That sounded like a lame idea. ''Hm? What?'' He couldn't really read Jack's mind.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:55 pm

"The Velvet room...I could..." Images of the events of Quinn's second awakening flooded Jack's mind as he stood from his lean. The persona that Quinn got from her shadow was far stronger then the one she had. There was something about it that was... awe inspiring, like it had the potential to surpass even the angels themselves... If Jack could attain that kind of power...

"I'm sorry Sharaku... I have to go. I just thought of a way to gain more power, I just need to find a door to the Velvet room!" Jack would turn away from Sharaku and don his helmet once more. He knew that there was no guarantee that this would work... But he had to try it. "Shraku... before I go. I... Want you to know that I look up to you. You're so dark and mysterious. I wish I could understand you better, and to clear up any confusion, I do see you as a friend... Good bye," Jack would wave as he walked off... "Next time you see me... I'll be a whole new man!"

{exit}
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Sometimes he really felt like he was just talking to himself. Ah well. In a way, Jack was way too similar to Hyde. That weird tendency to pass over parts of what was said, and only respond to what was interesting enough. ''If you think so....'' What was he supposed to say? He was sure Jack would leave regardless of how he responded to the sudden miraculous idea. That, and he wasn't familiar enough with the Velvet room to comment much anyway.

He would roll his eyes jokingly. ''I doubt you want to become someone different. Then it wouldn't be you anymore. Just don't die.'' Hopefully not. Although Jack knew how to jump into the most insane situations without caring about the possible danger.

Now what....He didn't even remember where exactly was he going before Jack almost knocked him out...

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Sharaku and Jack's relationship may get stronger soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)   Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yellow?... I like it! (sharaku)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2