Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Shattered Pieces [Mae]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 1:17 pm

"Then... focus on the good relationships you do have... That way, you wouldn't end up getting hurt..." Mae said quietly, looking down on Sharaku's lap, avoiding his gaze entirely... It was quite selfish of her to say that... She wanted him to like her more... But most importantly, that he would like himself more for who he was and what that entailed... "I know... It's really selfish of me... but that's how I feel... In the end, it's your life, not mine..." Even though she was a part of his life now... It just didn't feel right seeing him in this state...

"But what...?" She'd ask, somewhat curiously, as she took his hand. "Look at me, Sharaku... I know things aren't looking too good for you right now... but it's going to get better... I'll do my best to make sure that things will get better for you..." She would look into his eyes with an unwavering gaze... She wasn't going to leave him alone with this, no matter what. She would try to make things better for him, regardless of how difficult it would be...

"Well, if you can't see a future ahead... then look at what you have now... and try to see where this might take you..." She tried her best to make him feel better. She really did, but sometimes, your best wasn't good enough... But that just meant she would have to try harder than that! For his sake! She couldn't give up on him. Sharaku was not a lost cause. That, Mae would make sure of herself... "Heh... I can't exactly force you two to meet again... And I'm not sure I would like to meet him either... Especially now that... well..." She would blush lightly. "We're toghether now..." Was that so hard to say? Geez... Mae chuckled lightly. "Hehe, alright, I understand. It's completely normal to be confused in a situation like that... I did just kind of drop it on you out of the blue... but I guess you had a hunch before I actually told you, huh?" Well, considering how she had acted at the club, then yeah, it had been pretty transparent if you knew Mae well... Ayane certainly had seen it on her. Sharaku might've too... He had just chosen not to say anything about it maybe?

Mae blushed lightly, looking at him with a sheepish smile... "W-Well... You never know until you try..." She wasn't quite ready for that yet... Motherhood was a scary beast sometimes... But surely, one day she would be ready for it... Until then, she would just have to keep doing what she did best... Taking care of others... "I... Dunno if I'm helping or making it worse..." Mae said with her voice shaking... For once, she wasn't sure that anything she said was actually doing anything...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 2:45 pm

That was an option, yes. He knew that well. Yet, that wasn't going to happen. One, it wasn't possible to avoid people forever. Two, he didn't really want to go that way. Three, that's just a cowardly way out. That's the same as running away from things. And he wasn't about to do that. It was one thing he knew for sure. ''Can I really? That would be like you deciding to completely ignore Charles because the relationship is going bad. I think...something like that sounds good only on paper. Avoiding people is not a solution most of the time.. I'm...not going to just run...'', he would smile thinly. ''I'll just have to find a different way to deal with this.'' Though, he was frowning a bit. At this rate..he was going to end up being the one to comfort her..Which, in a way, wouldn't be completely surprising. He did sort of bounce back and forth. He wouldn't stay upset for too long. At least, not in a way that was obviously visible.

Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 Eyes

Well, he would look, alright. ''It's nothing really important...'' He wasn't about to actually say anything. ''It's...always been that way. But..you don't really have to go that far...this is enough....'' In a way. He knew he could do this himself. He...appreciated that she stayed around and all that, yes, but...it would probably make it more complicated if she tried to help too much beyond that. Forcing on too much help could actually have the opposite effect with time.

''Isn't that basically the same as the future..?'', he would tilt his head a bit. Thinking of where something would go, is at base the same as thinking about the future. It was just a slightly different shade of meaning. He would snort. ''Well...I'm not trying to meet him specifically. He said he's going to move away with his father. Because me being with him was apparently the only reason he could see for staying. If that's how he really thinks, then it's not my problem, I suppose.'' If they did for some reason, he would just take it at face value. He had said he was willing to stay friends, but it didn't seem the other was too interested. And he wasn't about to force himself on someone. That would defeat the point, as it was exactly how he often felt in other situations involving Shun. ''..I guess I can agree with one thing. I don't exactly want to see how would he react to this.'' Now that was something he really wasn't interested in.

He would look upwards briefly. ''I did...but I didn't understand back then...not really. I didn't know you were planning to break up with Charles, so I kind of wasn't sure what you were thinking at that point.'' Yes, she was fairly obvious about something going on. But due to the fact that she still had a boyfriend at that time, it was also confusing. He..didn't really bother with it much at first, choosing to rather play around with her back at the club. He didn't actually think anything would happen.

He would raise an eyebrow at her, almost jokingly. ''Well no. But I don't exactly see myself doing that just to try.'' He was mostly joking, that is. But really, he wasn't that badly interested in playing around. Unless it had some meaning. He would rub at the back of his neck awkwardly. ''Do I look like I'm worse?'', he'd ask with a slight huff, looking at her contemplatively for a moment, before leaning over to hug her. Well, he wasn't entirely wrong back then. In the end, he was going to be calming her down. The joy of life, eh?
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 3:36 pm

Wasn't she already running from Charles...? She would frown somewhat. "I guess... I'm already sort of running from him in a sense... I just haven't been able to muster up the courage to face him yet... I know I can't put it off forever... I just don't feel like I'm ready yet..." He did have a point however... Running away from your problems was rarely a solution... "Well... I guess all I can say then is... Good luck, Sharaku. I'm sure you'll find something if you truly care for these people... I think it's about time you put yourself in the center, and asking yourself: 'How important are these relationships to me?'... Because in all honesty, and this might come off as a little blunt, but..." She took a deep breath before continuing. "They are everything you have... Take care of them, would you?" She did her best... As to how he was going to go about it... was something only he could do. Mae wasn't Sharaku, after all...

"Alright... If you say so... I'll watch from the sidelines then, cheering you on. So to speak." She would smile thinly at him... Finally... he was starting to look a bit more like the Sharaku from yesterday. If she could keep this up... Maybe, just maybe, he would come out of this experience as a better man...

"I guess it is, huh?" Mae replied with a light chuckle. They weren't all that different, but sometimes, all you needed was a slight change in perspective in order for things to fall into place... "Aww... That's actually a little bit sad... But at least he doesn't have to get his heart broken by seeing us together... I'm not sure I could handle something like that very well either..." Whoever this person was, Mae wished he would find someone who would love him back the same way as he did... "I hope things will turn out okay for him... Just because he's your ex doesn't mean I have to hate him, ya know?" Maybe that was just Mae being the caring individual she was... Always taking others well-being in front of her own. Almost like how a mother protects their own children... It wouldn't be the first time someone made that comparison... But that's just who Mae was... And nothing would probably change this fundamental aspect of her very being. Nothing.

"I suppose so..." Yeah, but Ayane knew that... Sharaku hadn't. But at least he knew now, and that's what mattered. The Present, not the past. "Hehe... Yeah... I'm not sure I'm ready for that either..." Was one ever ready for it? Maybe... But being a parent was a huge undertaking... It was not something to take lightly. That kid could end up doing something spectacular... or disasterous depending on what happened... "I-I guess n-" She stopped herself as Sharaku reached out to hug her... Of course, she hugged him back. "-ot" Mae fell silent after that... This was... nice... "Thank you... Sharaku. Here I was, trying to comfort you... and look how things turned out... I'm quite pathetic, aren't I...?" She whispered into his ear eventually. But she was glad he was back on his feet somewhat. Now, at least she didn't have to worry that much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 4:55 pm

Hmm. ''Well, you can look at the bright side? You're getting the time to get ready. If he had come after you soon after, demanding some sort of resolution, you wouldn't have had the time to pick up your courage.'' How did this get there? Ah well.. ''That's hard to say...I don't particularly enjoy putting people down. But I'll see...I suppose.'' It didn't feel too right to just do a ranking list of who was more important and all that jazz. Of course, he wouldn't deny that he was closer some people, but he just didn't like actually thinking that way unless he had to. ''I'll try...'', he would mutter sheepishly. That much he could do, as he couldn't guarantee a good outcome just like that.

''Great. That could work...''
Most likely. Afterall, help and all...he still had to deal with his own problems alone for the most part. As they were related to himself. It would be complicated for her to try and help more extensively. He would sigh a bit. ''Depends. He didn't say when exactly, so I may still see him around. But I doubt he'd seek me out on purpose...I did say I was willing to try to be friends, but he didn't seem to like that idea very much.'', he would shrug. ''And good for you, I suppose. I think..the two of you wouldn't get along too well. Though, I'm not saying you should hate him. It's not like I do either.'' He'd just rather not spend too much time around him if it had to end the way it always did.

He would blink at her, before smirking a bit. Well, he seemed to be in a better mood, at least. ''You sure you know what I meant?'' He felt like doublechecking that one. Just because. And he hadn't really been speaking about being ready in general. Well not really. At least not with what he had meant. Then again...''Hey, that tickles.'', he would mutter. Well, she was practically breathing into his ear by doing that. ''By that definition...we are both pathetic then.'', he would chuckle a bit. ''But no, you're not. You tried, and it counts, no? Besides....I guess everyone needs comfort sometimes...'' That actually felt too sappy to say....sheesh...
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 6:36 pm

"Yeah... I guess that's true." Mae would nod slowly. It made sense when he put it like that. She had time to get ready... For when that moment actually arrived. And she wouldn't be alone either. Sharaku was coming with her too... There was no reason to be afraid... None what-so-ever. "Well, good luck with that... I'm sure you'll find a way." That she was quite confident in. Sure, it would take time, but Sharaku would eventually get to that point by himself. "So far you're taking good care of me... So that's a start." Mae would eventually state cheerfully. He did actually do a pretty good job of that. Heh...

"Well, yeah... Considering I'm dating you now, I doubt he'd be on paticularly good terms with me, if everything you've said about him is true... He would probably hold a grudge against me for a good long while if he actually found out... Do... you think he'd come after me if he found out?" She knew very little about him beyond what Sharaku had told her. If he was any violent, or if he had a vile temper... Mae didn't want to end up in a fight if she could avoid it altogether... Maybe Sharaku would stop him as well? Would he?

"I-I think so..." Mae would say, slightly panicked with a bright blush on her cheeks, looking away from him, fidgeting in place... Was she over-analyzing what he had just said? Maybe... but hopefully not... "Hehe... I guess we are... Something we finally have in common... for a change." Mae chuckled lightly, before blushing somewhat at his kind words... As she moved away from his ear, Mae would give him a quick kiss on the cheek...

"Hey... It's getting rather uncomfortable here, and you look like you haven't slept in a while..." Mae gestured towards the couch somewhat shyly. "If you want to... that is..." Mae looked down on her lap, nervous... Hopefully he didn't get the wrong idea...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 7:19 pm

''Definitely. By waking you up at almost 6 in the morning.'' Technically. But it was fairly obvious from his tone that he was just joking. Was this something that should be considered a good start? Then again, he did not do it on purpose, so maybe it didn't count. Not completely, at least.

He would roll his eyes in amusement. ''Depends. I can see him being snarky and all that. Generally unpleasant towards you. But other than that...I doubt he could do anything to you. He isn't a fighter. Unless he'd go out of his way to use the fact that he's rich and has money to cause something. But that would honestly be a low blow. Either way...I don't really know how exactly he'd react.'' He did mean it when he said he wasn't always sure what was really going on in Shun's head. He could see the teen being all glares at Mae, but beyond that...it was questionable.

''Right...'', he would laugh lowly at her reaction. Maybe she did? ''That's...good, yes? Too many differences probably don't help.'' They were one of the reasons why he did not stay with Shun, among other things. Then again, they were sort of annoying ones. ''Ehm..?'' She kind of caught him off guard with that. He would blink as she moved away, rubbing at his cheek absentmindedly for a short moment. Well...that was a first? He did seem somewhat embarrassed for a moment, actually, though not to the point of blushing. He would tilt his head a bit almost as if in thought, before smirking a bit. Alright..well. He would opt to return the favor...partially. Instead of what she did, he would kiss her on the nose, before pulling back with a slight grin, interested in the reaction.

Hmm? Well...that was true. ''Is it that obvious? Well...I should have probably known it would...'' He was tired yes. He did not really sleep much during the night. He would smile lightly. ''It's fine...I'd probably get stuck like this if I sit here for much longer anyway...'' With that said, he would get up to walk over to the couch, before plopping down on it. He was still sitting, however. He figured she was going to come after him, which meant she'd need space. Besides, he wasn't exactly planning to sleep..yet....well..if he didn't just conk out sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 8:15 pm

"Hehe... Don't sweat it... I'm fine. Really." She said with a smile. Honestly, she didn't mind waking up that early... After all, what would've happened if she didn't... Actually, that was something Mae would rather not think about...

"Well... Would you be able to stop him, should things get out of hand?" Mae would ask carefully... Not that she saw it ever actually getting to that point, as Mae would do everything in her power to avoid a conflict... But it never hurt to ask...

"Yeah... That's good..." Mae nodded lightly in agreement. Then he did something she didn't expect... Sharaku... kissed her on the nose... She would blush vibrantly, looking at him... "Ehm..." She was at a loss for words, but her face clearly showed happiness... In fact, she probably had never looked this happy in her entire life... "I... I..." She stuttered, not being able to formulate her thoughts properly at all. She eventually gave up, and just smiled tenderly at him... There was no doubt about it... She loved this man more than anyone else... Did it show? Of course. Sharaku would be able to tell just by looking at her. It was that transparent, really... Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing was up to fate to decide... But it was probably the former, rather than the latter...

Mae sat down next to him, shoulder to shoulder, with a sheepish smile on her face. Why was she so nervous...? She looked at him, seeing how tired he was... Could he really stay up for that much longer? "I-If you're tired... Maybe you should just go to sleep...?" She'd ask nervously... What would he make of that? Only time would tell...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Hmm. Well, if she was sure. ''I guess so...you got more sleep than me anyway...'' That she sure did. So techincally, it was a worse thing for him to be up than for her. But, he couldn't sleep back then regardless. Even if he had tried.

He would shrug vaguely. ''I don't see why not. I don't exactly want to butt heads with him, but if he gave me a reason...I doubt he can do too much against me. And if he wanted to really go to such an extent, then he'd just be making it worse for himself....'' He didn't see that happening, but if by any chance, something like that did...well, he would really have no reason to respect the other after that. Still, he hoped it wouldn't come down to that. Because that would be rather ridiculous.

He would watch her with an amused smile. The reaction was sure worth it. It seemed that she got flustered rather easily. ''Do you always act this cute?'', he would poke at her slightly. It was interesting to see, however. But hey...she was the one that started it, was she not? He just took it elsewhere, in a way. Though, he could see her not expecting him to do anything at all. Frankly, he would too if he was in her position. This wasn't what he usually did. Well, he did like to play around, but this wasn't the extent of what he normally went for.

Hmmm? He would blink a bit wearily. But weren't they like...still sitting? Sure, a couch was more comfortable than a hard chair, he'd admit that. And it sure helped his awake status none. But...was he supposed to sleep here...? He could have gone to bed for that too. Hrm...''Hmmn....I could...that's if I don't get...woken up by stupid..nightmares again...'', he would mumble slightly. At this point, it kind of mattered little, however. He wasn't going to stay awake even if he wanted to. As a standalone, he wouldn't be this tired from staying up a night or such. But coupled with all that stressing, it did do a lot. He would eventually doze off, ending up leaning on her shoulder somewhat, as she sat close to him. And he sure wouldn't wake up for a good while, unless she chose to literally shake him around. Sleep ~

~ZzZzZ. Exit, I suppose ~
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:26 pm

"Heh... I suppose I did, huh..." Mae shrugged. It wasn't like she was going to sleep for that much longer anyway. She had fallen asleep pretty early yesterday, so she only really lost an hour or so of sleep. Not that he knew that... Ehehe....

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that... Eh?" She would smile wryly... That wouldn't be the best outcome if they did indeed butt heads... but the chances of that happening were quite slim right now... He was apparently moving away from Azores... Which meant that he probably would never learn of Mae's and Sharaku's relationship, let alone doing something to sabotage it...

C-Cute?! She'd blush even more, fidgeting somewhat where she sat. "I-I guess so..." Mae smiled at him shyly. He actually called her cute... How could she not smile after hearing that? "T-Thanks... I do w-what I can..." She'd reply quietly, barely audible...

"I'll be here in case anything happens... Don't you worry..." Mae took his hand as he leaned towards her... Moments later, she could hear his heavy breathing... Sharaku was asleep. The poor guy earned some rest... Even if she worked pretty terribly as a makeshift pillow of sorts... It would have to do. She actually... enjoyed this. She had actually been successful in helping him out... Pretty well too, if she had to say so herself... "Goodnight... Honey." She'd whisper in his ear... Now... What would she do while waiting for him to wake up? Probably just watch over him as he slept... She didn't want to disturb his sleep after all...

~ Mae Iharu has left the scene (kinda) ~
Shattered Pieces - END
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Sharaku and Mae's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Pieces [Mae]   Shattered Pieces [Mae] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shattered Pieces [Mae]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2