Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Boom? [Mae]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 1:48 pm

"17 eh? I guess that could be a bit of a problem if the age difference is that much... It doesn't really count much when you're both adults... But what do I know? How do you feel about it?" After all, both parts needed to be equally invested for a relationship to prosper. "Yeah, we're not exactly what you'd call experts on this kind of stuff... Although, Mae has a bit more experience with it." Mae's cheeks reddened a bit. "You really think so? I've had just about as much luck as you have when it comes to boys. Ehehe..." Sure, Mae had been in one relationship before she met Charles... kind of. But that one died pretty quickly as the guy thought of Mae as a shortcut to get famous. When the pinkette heard about that, she quickly dumped him afterwards. He had it coming, honestly. "Well, I do recall you had something with Takenaka back in 8th grade..." Yep... that one. "Would you really qualify that as something though? He was a prick, honestly. I can't believe I actually liked him. Hmph." Mae huffed lightly before taking another sip of her drink.

"Aww... That's actually a bit depressing... Is there a reason why you move around so much?" Ayane asked, with a troubled look on her face. "I've been a bit curious about that as well... If you do leave Azores soon, please don't forget about little Mae, okay?" Mae asked, beaming brightly at Sharaku. "Japanese is quite difficult... Especially the writing. We have three different alphabets for crying out loud. Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji. Then there's Romanji, but that's rarely used..." Mae nodded. "Romanji does make it a bit easier to understand the language. At least the written one. As for the vocal part, that's the hardest part to nail down." Growing up with it was quite easy, but learning it when you're not from Japan to begin with sounded like a real hassle...

"Well, you could work as a translator for various politicals and stuff. They earn quite a hefty amount of money, and to top it off, they travel around a bunch. Just an idea." Mae shrugged lightly. Translation demands quite a bit from the translator, as they need to be fluent at more than just one language, and actively translate what's being said on one end, and then translate that to another language. Whoever could do that efficiently had Mae's respect. Translating one foreign language into another on the fly is tough, no matter how you slice it.

"Hehe, yeah. After I moved to Miyazaki, my eyes opened. I saw tokyo for what it really was after that, a polluted, noisy and busy city. Not the best place to grow up in... but at least I didn't have to grow up on the streets, fortunately. Looking back now, I could've been way worse off as a child." Sure, the mystery of her real parents lingered in the back of her mind... One day, she would find them. But first, she had a world to save... Her parents could wait.

"Thanks, Sharaku..." She would try her best to smile warmly back at him, but she failed somewhat. No matter how hard she tried, her eyes were still lacking that spark they usually carried... She had to do something about it... Maybe Sharaku could help her get her act together. She couldn't sit here and mope all day. "Yeah. I'm a little bit sad to see her leave, but... I know that it's for the best." She gazed at Ayane, now dancing with a blonde guy.

Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 Tumblr_n6susfFAKI1s74h99o1_400

Dance Music ~:

"You know what?" Mae huffed lightly, turning her gaze back to Sharaku. "I'm gonna go dance. I need to do something to get this stuff out of my mind. Care to join me, Rikei-san?" That's what she needed right now. Sharaku didn't have to accept her invitation of course. And what harm could there be in a simple dance?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Hm. Well, that depended on the meaning of being an adult. Some people past 30 could act worse than kids. How much age difference mattered sort of depended on the individual people involved. For some 15 years might be nothing. And someone would struggle with 5 years. So eh. ''What defines an adult to begin with? And...I don't know. It does feel...strange I guess. Then again, I don't think I really like him that way.'', he would state rather simply after a while of thought. And then listen to the duo talking about boys among themselves. Well. ''Would you rather I'd ask you about girls? I don't think you have experience with that at all. Unless I'm wrong.'', he'd comment, sort of poking at them. To be fair, it wasn't as if he really asked for any advice by mentioning this all to beging with, but might as well go with the flow for now. And they were lucky to an extent afterall. Most guys would probably have problems with girls.

He would look to the side with a sigh. ''I..used to. I don't really move so much now anymore. And yes..I did have a reason, but I can't really talk about that. For several reasons. Just like we aren't talking in detail about what is going on right now.'', he would answer, keeping it vague right now. Besides, even if he could talk about it...it would probably be a mood ruiner. He couldn't anyway, since Ayane was here. That, and he was not sure he would want to either way. He would chuckle slightly. ''I'm not planning to leave. Not anytime soon at least.'' Or so he hoped. He would shrug a bit. ''To be honest, I only see the Kanji as a problem. Hiragana and Katakana can be learned in a week if you put effort in it. At least Japanese isn't like Chinese, where they write everything with Kanji.'' He never saw a problem outside of Kanji. Those signs were actually difficult to memorize. Hiragana and Katakana was nothing compared to that.

He would smile thinly at the suggestion. ''I could, but right now, there is no time for that either way. I'll keep that in mind though.'' He had no problem with translating, but he wasn't sure if he really wanted a job just yet. Eh, something to think about when the apocalypse blew over? ''You could have, yes...there are worse things than that, I can tell you that...'', he would comment, leaving it at that unless she decided to poke into him. He would tilt his head a bit. ''You're welcome.'' He still wasn't sure what got her so upset. Ah well. Though, he would blink a few times at the following question. Dance....well, they were at the club, yes. Hm. He would look at her contemplatively. It wasn't something he really did often....and...''Maybe..? Though, how would we do that? You want me to carry you around? I'm a bit too tall for you, I think.'' He had no idea what she wanted to dance...but with that height difference...he had some trouble seeing something work well enough. Assuming he would decide to go along.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:34 am

"Is it just me... Or do we get into these philosophical topics often?" Mae chuckled lightly before continuing. "I would say it's up to the individual... I'm nineteen yes... Do I consider myself an adult? Kinda... If you would've asked me if I considered myself one a couple of months ago... I probably would've said no. But these last couple of months have changed me. At least... That's what I feel. I might be wrong about that though." Another sip of her drink followed that statement. "Oh. So it's not mutual. Is this guy nice though?" Mae asked with a curious undertone that she wasn't able to hide. "I wouldn't mind it terribly." Ayane shrugged. She was very open with this kind of stuff... Unlike Mae. Although... It would come off as rather strange to say that she was, in fact, dating a robot. The looks people would give her if they knew... Oh dear.

"Okay. I understand." Mae would probably never learn the real mysteries behind the man in front of her. But she was getting to know him slightly better every time they met. "Fair enough." Mae smiled at Sharaku. "I'll probably stick around here even after my studies are finished... Unless I get a lead on my parents being elsewhere." Hopefully she'd find her parents over here in Azores. Then she wouldn't need to move again. Getting all of her stuff here to begin with was enough of a hassle to not wish to do it again anytime soon. "Well, he does have a point. Kanji is a pain sometimes, but you can't exactly get by very well without it in Japan either. A necessary evil, if you will." Ayane sighed deeply.

Sharaku as a translator... He certainly could dress the part. "You'd look great in a suit and tie, just sayin'" Ayane said, winking playfully at Sharaku. "Yeah... Fortunately for me, I did get adopted. Kinaku cares about me like I was of her own flesh and blood. Like a Real daughter. Did you know that she's in Azores right now? She's holding a tour across the islands. I'm worried that something might go wrong... I can't exactly shoo her away either... She's working, technically, and as Much as I don't want her getting in trouble, I can't make her leave either..." Quite the situation... Hopefully these events would blow over soon. She had to do something about it. Before it was too late... unless, of course, it already was too late.

Mae smiled thinly at Sharaku. "I'm sure we can think of something. But, it's your call. If you want to take a chance, or not. Either way, I'm fine." That last part wasn't true... She wouldn't be 'fine'. Not that quickly anyway.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:30 pm

He would shrug lightly. ''I think they like me. It happens often.'' Then again, it may often also be his fault that he was getting into these topics. ''Hm. I can't tell you that. You don't act like a kid, at least. That much I can say.'' He wasn't even sure how long ago he met her, so he couldn't be sure he knew her a couple months ago. Time could be deceiving sometimes. In the end, it didn't matter anyway. It was the current that counted the most. ''Besides, I'm 23 and I sometimes don't know what I am.'' Or he didn't even try to figure it out. He could be all around anyway. ''Sometimes yes, sometimes no.'' Was Shun nice? On and off, or so it seemed from what he knew. ''Good for you.'', he would remark towards Ayane with a thin smirk.

He would look at Mae thoughtfully, before laughing under his breath a bit. ''We're almost the opposite. You search for your parents, while I'm probably better off not seeing mine.'', he would shake his head at that a little. Even if...he hadn't seen them since he was 12. There was no telling where they were now, or if they were even alive. It's been a good 11 years. ''Well, I'm not complaining. I speak Japanese fluently either way.'' It was just that Kanji seemed to be the harder of the bunch, that was all. He would give Ayane a somewhat deadpan look. ''Maybe that's why I don't wear them so much lately.'' Eh, not really, but whatever. Just because. Wearing ties and all could get monotonne after a while.

''Well, at least you aren't alone. That's what counts. And you could still make sure to be around her to keep her safe if she's here.''
Well, that was just a suggestion. It was up to Mae as to how she dealt with it. She could also just hope that nothing would end up happening. Which tended to be hard to do with all that ruckus lately. ''Well, I don't have anything to do, technically.'', he would shrug a bit. It wasn't something he used to do, but that could be said about a lot of other things too that he did lately. ''But only as long as it's not going to be something crazy.'', he'd add as he stood up. He still had a line, and he wasn't going to jump around this place.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:02 pm

"Maybe you're just a philosphical person?" Mae would say with a chuckle. "Hehe, thanks. I try." A wide smile made it's way across the pinkette's face as she looked at Sharaku. "Everyone has a child inside. It's just a matter of using it properly. Sometimes, that child-like curiousity and imagination can be of great help. As odd as it may sound." Ayane looked at Mae with a raised eyebrow, as she took a sip of her drink before speaking. "You think so?" the two looked at eachother for a second before Mae answered. "Hehe. I dare say you're a perfect example of that." Mae chuckled lightly as Ayane's eyebrow started to twitch. "D-Did you just call me a kid?" Of course that wasn't Mae's intention. Why would she think that? "Well, you said it. Not me. Haha."

"Oh? Well, as long as you two get along as friends, things should turn out okay." Of course, with someone like that you'd have to tread carefully... People could be really cruel when their hearts are broken... "I-I guess? I dunno? Is it good?" Ayane said jokingly, wrapping her hair around her left finger absentmindedly. "Of course it's a good thing! Don't sell yourself short, Aya-chan!"

"Huh... That's interesting. I'm looking for my past, while you try to avoid it... I'm not saying that what you're doing is wrong. You have your reasons for doing what you do. And I accept that." Mae smiled sheepishly. That really sounded corny... Like a quote from a terrbile B-movie drama or something. "Well... I'm just happy I can speak english well. Without it, this whole trip here would've been an absolute nightmare, ehehehe..." She was one of those fortunate few who had an easy time learning new languages. Maybe she was just good with talking and singing in general? Well, whatever it was, Mae was grateful for it.

Ayane giggled at Sharaku. "What? You don't like looking handsome?" She would poke at him with a wide grin on her face. She was enjoying this. "Well, she's right, though. Girls like guys who dress nicely. At least, it's a good first impression, if nothing else." The mischevious grin plastered on Ayane's face faded slowly but surely as time passed, before she left the duo in favor of dancing on the dancefloor.

"I don't really have much of a choice, do I? And yes, it is nice... Having her around. But I'm still worried something might happen to her." She would of course try her best to protect Kinaku from harm. That was the least she could do for her considering everything she had done for Mae's life... "So that's a yes?" Mae brightened up, looking at Sharaku. "Don't worry, We'll figure something out. I just want to have some fun. You should too." Well, the height difference was going to be a bit of an obstacle, she would work around it rather than letting it be a hinderance. Now was a time to have fun. Let go of all the worries bottled up within and just... dance. Once out on the dance floor, Mae held out her hand. "You ready?" She would ask with a light smile on her face. About time things went better for her...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Sharaku would just alternate his gaze between the two for a while. He was sort of losing himself in this talk. ''Perhaps so.'' It wasn't even really confusing, but he was kind of trailing off. Though, he did catch the little exchange. He would smirk a bit. ''Well, compared to me, you're both still kids, so problem solved.'' There, now they were both called kids on purpose. It was even. Even though, he was just doing it for the amusement, really.

''Truthfully, we don't get along that well most of the time. He has a habit of being too clingy, even when I am not interested.'', he would shrug slightly. It was just...what it was. He wasn't really trying to make sense of it lately. There was too much on his mind to deal with romance problems that weren't working even when he wasn't being confronted with them. ''Why wouldn't it be good? At least you aren't one of the people that scoff at it for no reason.'' Though, to each their own. And...interesting, eh? Well, that was one way to put it. ''My past isn't exactly something one would want to chase after. Besides...I haven't seen my parents since I was 12. There's no real point anymore, and I can't really go back either way.'', he would state in a laid-back tone. He wasn't really avoiding it. He knew well what it entailed. He simply...didn't run after it unless it was necessary. It was more likely to just bring more pain than anything else.

''Maybe, maybe not. There are several people that speak Japanese here. You could have always found someone to translate for you, or teach you along the way if you didn't speak English well.'' It would be more of a hassle, yes, but still a viable solution for someone who really wanted to make such a trip. He would raise an eyebrow at Ayane jokefully. ''Implying I only look handsome in a suit, are we? I should be hurt, dear.'' He knew she was just messing about, of course. And so was he. He would turn to Mae. ''And yes, but always aiming for the best first impression gets boring eventually. I do wear a suit sometimes, but then people also make other assumptions that aren't true about me. So maybe I'm better off not really doing it in the end.'' Like people thinking he was some high class businessman and all, when he wore that casually. Which stopped being funny after a certain point, or so he realized. After some time. It was fine if you didn't really interact with the people much, so they could think what they wanted...but once the opposite happened, it could be a problem in the long run.

''We always have choices.'', he would chuckle slightly. ''Some of them are just harder to pull off. And well, something might happen to everyone, including us if this keeps up..so I suppose it's normal to worry.'' He couldn't stop people from doing that. It was nice to see they cared afterall. He would smirk. ''Ask once again, and I might just change my mind.'' If it was a no, he would have said so clearly. Well, most likely. ''Fun, eh...'', he would trail off as he followed after her. And he would just stare back at her, though he did take the offered hand. ''What exactly are we going to dance...?''
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 1:47 pm

"Awww... Really? What a bummer. It's only 4 years!" Just as expected, Ayane began complaining a bit, mostly for fun though, which is why Mae chuckled at the scene. "Well, if we squabble about it, we really are kids at that point." To be fair, they were both at that awkward age where they were considered to be adults, yet... at the same time, they still felt like teens. "It really doesn't bother me all that much, honestly. But I can be a bit childish at times..." Yep... Mae could definetely improve on her behaviour a bit when it came to confrontations... But all in due time.

"Oh Gee... Overly clingy, eh?" Ayane was the first one to come to mind. After what she had done the day she had met Blaez for the first time, that girl could do anything with no shame whatsoever. Okay... Maybe not ANYTHING, but there was a good chunk of things she could (and probably would) do to get someone's attention. Poor girl. "Well, I do like having an open-minded outlook on things... It's the person that matters, not their gender. At least, that's what I believe." Said the girl who goes Gaga over guys wherever she went. But Ayane did have a point, and she wasn't lying about it either. Any relationship of the romantic kind would work for her. Ayane just wanted someone to love, that someone to love her back... "Yeah. It's a good way to see things." The pinkette wasn't as open-minded about it, but she accepted homosexual relationships, no problem. After all, she was dating an android. That, if anything, stood out.

"You haven't seen your parents in over 11 years? Aww..." That was something both Mae and Ayane could relate to. Not that Ayane's parents were any pleasant... Well, at least not the father. As for Mae's actual parents... "Well... I wonder how they are doing now? Do you think they miss you?" Mae asked carefully... For once, Mae felt like she somewhat understood where Sharaku was coming from... Sure, their paths were completely opposite regarding their families, but they did have a few things in common.

"Well, I guess... But still, I much prefer how it is now over that." Ayane nodded in agreement, giggling. "Yeah... School would've been a tough ordeal though." Studying in a foreign language that you didn't know very well would've caused problems... Mae really was fortunate in that regard. "Oh, nononono! I didn't mean it like that!" Ayane said, somewhat panicked. "I guess... I only wear this dress on special occasions anyway. I completely understand." Not her nicest dress, but it was still pretty fancy for what it was. "Every once in a while won't hurt you though. But eh, it's your choice in the end, not mine." Mae chuckled lightheartedly, finishing her drink before putting the glass back on the counter carefully.

"Yeah. I'll do my best to keep her safe." Mae looked at her own distorted reflection on the glass. "I owe her so much. It's the least I could do to repay her..." After all, Kinaku had basically given her a new life. A second chance. A new home... A family. Without her... where would Mae be now? "Well, I hope you have nothing against a little tango?" She said in a chipper tone. "If not, then just follow my lead."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 7:42 pm

''Agreed with that. If you vividly complain about being called a kid, maybe you really are one.'', he would remark in an amused tone. Though, maybe it wasn't always a bad thing. In some ways, being an adult wasn't fun. Well, nor was being a kid. A combination sometimes sounded like the best way to go. ''In any case, maybe that's good? Being all serious gets tiring after some time. As long as you aren't childish during the wrong moments, then it's probably fine.'' There were some times when it was inappropriate to act like a kid, whether you wanted it to be or not.

''Technically, but there is a lot more to it than that.'' That aside, he didn't really want to dissect that particular matter too much. It wasn't really enjoyable to be frank. ''Yes it is I suppose. After all, you can meet people with unusual preferences a lot even here. It would be hard to have a problem with everyone over that.'' In a way? He already met two people who prefered to be no gender. One lesbian girl, and one gay guy. And that was only the people who he knew as much about. ''Though, it is true that not everyone is very considerate of things. But that's something you have to live with, I guess.'' Or hope to be lucky to not meet a person like that.

Hm. Was it that sad? Well, perhaps. But for him, it was probably better this way. ''I honestly have no idea. And...with how things went, it's most likely that they'd think I'm dead anyway. So it's hard to tell. There are times when life decides to be a jerk. That's how I'd summarize this.'', he would answer Mae's question with a thin smile. He was alright with this by now. Maybe Mae would be glad to find her real parents and all, but he doubted searching for anything by now would make him happy in any way. So it is okay. It was his own decision to not try going back, so he couldn't blame anyone for that one, even if. ''Ironically, there's no school to be worried about...'', he would chuckle slightly. ''But yes, I can see how that would be a problem. I did have to sort of do that when I moved to Japan. I didn't originally speak it that well to begin with.'' And it was painful to be there until he learned enough to be at least decent. After that, it was fine.

He would stick his tongue out at Ayane. ''And I was just joking. I know you didn't mean that.'' Her reaction was amusing, however. ''And I know. But I used to wear that a lot in the past..and I can't say I tended to attract the kind of company I enjoyed most of the time. So I usually choose not to nowadays. Or at least do it less.'', he would explain casually.

''Ah well. Good luck with that then. It's not easy out there nowadays.'' Something could always go wrong with this setting. Lovely, right? He would raise an eyebrow slightly. Tango? Hmm, well, that wasn't so bad. As a matter of fact, it could have been ten times worse. He hadn't even expected that one. ''Didn't expect that one. But I can do that, yes.'', he would say before smirking a bit. ''Well, since you want to lead, then go ahead.'' Thankfully, he knew how this one was done. At least, remembered well enough to be able to follow through without needing an explanation. Even though he rarely actually danced anything.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 7:41 am

"Yeah. Where's the fun in being serious all the time?" Mae chuckled lightly. Sure, she could be serious when the time called for it, but for the most part, she liked to have a mix of the two mentalities. Taking the best of both, so to speak. "I still have problems dealing with people poking fun at my height... I'm trying to get better at dealing with it, but... it's not going so well... ehehe..." The girl scratched the back of her head, smiling sheepishly. "Luckily it doesn't happen very often." Sure, it did happen still, but not nearly to the same extent as back where she came from. Gotta stay positive about things!

"I can imagine. We all have our quirks and mannerisms." Whoever this person was seemed very attached to Sharaku. Hopefully he wouldn't get the wrong message about this stuff if he somehow found out that Mae was talking with him at a club at this time of night. Jealousy was toxic in every sense of the word when it came to romance... "In today's day and age, it's becoming somewhat commonplace." Ayane said casually, leaning her arm on the counter. "Indeed." All those people just had to deal with it. If they had a problem with homosexuals and the like, then they should keep that to themselves. No need to rain on someone's parade because of something like that.

"Yep. Life has it's ups and downs. Some are just less fortunate than others. Something which my caretaker back at the orpahange used to tell me when I was sad was "There's nothing bad that doesn't bring something good with it." So far, that statement has been true... For me anyway." Mae shrugged lightly, looking at Sharaku. "You are at least surrounded by a bunch of friends and people who obviously cares about you. We can be that family, if you want us to be." It did sound quite strange when she put it like that, but it was true. Without her friends, Mae would most certainly not have made it to Azores... Ayane's unwavering support for her decision kept the pinkette going, even when things looked rough... A good example of this was just a couple of hours prior to the present that Ayane managed to drag Mae somewhat out of a deep depression. She would most likely fall back down there again once she got home, but Mae knew that showing weakness now would only serve to void Ayane's efforts. She couldn't bring herself to do that.

"Why would they think that?" Ayane asked somewhat curiously, but with enough tact for Sharaku to instantly know that she would not pursue this subject if he decided to not answer her. That was something Mae had to applaud her for. Normally, she wasn't very good at detecting this kind of stuff, but today was different.

"Hehe, that's true." Ayane smiled brightly. She wasn't much of a school person, and the less time she spent in school, the better she felt. But Mae knew that Ayane still took her studies somewhat seriously. "That would've been an absolute nightmare to study under those conditions." The pinkette said with a slight shiver. That was something she was grateful for not experiencing when she got here. "Oh? Did people think you were some kind of buissness-man or something?" Mae asked with a raised eyebrow. She could see how someone would make that assumption, and if she was in the same situation, Mae would probably find that rather annoying after a while.

"Yeah, no kidding." The Malstu incident had been close enough. Ayane had almost died back there. Her exchangee's parents worked there, selling souveniers and whatnot, and Ayane had been there for a short visit when the volcano erupted. Luckily she made it out alive... Some unfortunate tourists were not so lucky however. Mae smiled warmly at Sharaku. "Thank you, Sharaku." She said in a soft tone before moving a bit closer, and took the first dance-steps. Yes... This was exactly what she needed. Mae spotted Ayane a small distance away from them. The pigtailed girl gave Mae a quick wink and a thumbs-up, with a bright smile on her face before mouthing a 'Good going, girl' to Mae. After that little exchange was over, Ayane resumed her dance with the blonde guy, Mae staring blankly for a second, only to realise her cheeks was reddening somewhat...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:09 am

Well, that was her thing. Sharaku never saw height more than a minor annoyance, and that was only if people were extremely pokey about it. It wasn't always funny when people joked about it, but there were worse things than that. Like people calling you fat and such. Height is something you can't really choose, but if you're overweight, it most likey does have to do with your lifestyle. Which can be much more insulting when mentioned. Unless you just don't care. ''I never really understood why was it a big deal in general. Though, perhaps I should be lucky that people don't go around calling me a lamp post or something? I don't think I ever met someone taller than myself yet.'' It was somewhat ironic. In a way, they had the opposite problem. Even though he didn't really take it as a problem. It could be annoying when some doors weren't very high or so, but it was something he could live with.

''Indeed we do.''
, he would state simply, not digging into the subject more. It was probably the biggest problem after all. When your personalities and ways clash too much, you're out of luck rather fast. Something like that won't last for too long. ''I guess it is, considering that there are a lot, and I doubt everyone actually admits it.'' So, there were probably more than that, because many probably didn't have the courage to say it still. As much as things were changing, some people still knew how to pick a problem over that. Though, he didn't see why should it be so. It could be a problem if a guy tried hitting on another guy just like that, knowing that the other was most likely not into such. That could be a problem. But as long as some boundaries were kept, then it was up to the individual as to who they liked.

He would tap his fingers against the counter lightly. Well, yes, perhaps there was some good in everything. Though, it wasn't always equal. In a way...maybe he wouldn't have had any powers if things hadn't happened? On the other side..question was..are they worth it? He could defend himself, yes...but it also meant he had to actively deal with what was going on. Because..if it wasn't those who could, then who else? It was all what if. ''Perhaps that's true in a sense. Though, the good rarely outweighs the bad in such situations. Or maybe it depends on luck. I wouldn't know.'' And he didn't really want to know. Things already happened, so there was no point in finding out whether it was all just luck or not. Let's not. ''Maybe so, that's always an option.'' Perhaps could be a little strange at times, but when it was someone you knew very well. Besides, there was no clear cut saying on what counted as family. He would stop to think a little. Why? That...was a bit complicated to answer clearly enough without saying something he shouldn't. He had to watch his words in regards to this after all. Ayane being here meant he had to stay clear of mentions about the supernatural. Hmm. ''Well. It's because of the way we parted, you could say. They probably had no idea what happened with me..and it's been 11 years since. let's say that it wasn't really something that was planned for. On neither side.'' Would that be enough? Hopefully. He was keeping it vague, yes, but he didn't have another option. If Mae was interested, perhaps he could elaborate later on, but not with her friend around.

''It can be a nightmare, yes. For a while, at least.'' But it's not permanent either. It's only until you get a good enough grasp of the language, and then you're good to go. So if you can learn quickly, it's just a while that you have to get through at first. But yes, it's still a little hell. ''Several times, yes. Or they just immediately assumed I must be some rich guy when I wear stuff like that. Not that I don't have money, but I don't always enjoy people thinking things about me.'' There were some limits. It could be fun to fool around a bit, yes, but even he got tired of that. There were other ways to mess with people if he so chose.

''Mhm, you're welcome. Though, you don't have to thank me. I'm not doing anything.'' He was just talking after all. Ah well. Guess this goes too. He would follow after her with a thin smile. Which eventually turned into a slightly inquisitive look. Hmmm? Well, he noted she was looking somewhere else for a bit, but he couldn't really turn his gaze around if he wanted to focus on what was going on in front of him. So he couldn't be sure what her reaction was to exactly. On the other hand...''Hm? Is there a problem..?'', he'd ask, with a slightly teasing tone. He could poke at her, if nothing else. Maybe he would find out the exact case that way.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:57 am

"Heh... I guess I'm just overreacting a bit." Mae really had to get better about that part... but luckily, she hadn't found herself in situations like those for quite a while now. Maybe people here were just nicer? Or was there some un-written rule about that? Regardless, it was an issue she would have to work on herself. "Hehe, yeah. Being tall does have it's advantages though. You can reach higher than I can without any support. Like grabbing a glass on a shelf that's mounted way up high on a wall or something." Sure, there were advantages of being short as well.

"Well... All I can do is wish you two the best of luck finding a solution." Mae said with a thin smile. Romances rarely ever ended peacefully, but you could always hope. And who knows, they might be able to resolve their issues, and still remain on good terms with eachother. "You and me both, Mae." Ayane nodded in confirmation. "Best of luck, Sharaku-san." Suffixes and everything. Yep, Ayane was definetely much more comfortable around Sharaku now, much to Mae's relief. "Well, at least the situation is improving. It would be way worse if it actually got worse over time." Over these last couple of years, things have changed so quickly on that front for the better. "It shows that people are willing to change. That's a step in the right direction, at least." More like a leap in the right direction, but whatever.

"Well, yes. But at least it's something?" Mae chuckled lightly. "I mean, if it hadn't been for my tram being late on the day I got here, I wouldn't have met you, now would I?" Mae said with a big smile. Sure, it was a rather tame example, but hopefully Sharaku got the point. "Well, Mae's a good friend to have, let me tell you." The pinkette scratched her neck somewhat awkwardly while Ayane spoke. "I just care about my friends... that's all." Mae said timidly. She was just being modest. No need to be bragging about it. Besides, being a good friend wasn't something to brag about. Anyone had the capacity to do great things as a friend, if they put some effort into it.

Ah... So they didn't part willingly... Mae was a bit intrigued as to what happened... but with Ayane around, maybe that was a topic better off left alone for now. Perhaps another time when they were alone she would ask about it... If he was willing to answer her was a different matter entirely of course. No need to do anything rash. "Once you get over that hurdle, it's pretty easy afterwards. It's just a matter of getting over said hurdle..." At least it was only temporary. Had it been something permanent, that was a different matter entirely... "I don't think there's anyone who finds it enjoyable having people making assumptions on who and what you are... But it's just something we all have to deal with." Or avoid it, in Sharaku's case. Regardless, Ayane made her point.

"Well, sure you are. It might seem like a small gesture, but as I am right now... It really does mean a lot to me, Sharaku." Mae smiled gently at him, as the two slowly started dancing. "O-Oh...! I-It's nothing, really..." Mae smiled at Sharaku awkwardly, still somewhat flushed. Sure, Ayane had teased her a bit, but perhaps her friend was onto something...? Who knows... Well, Ayane did, obviously. Mae's thoughts were scrambled. At least the dancing was going smoothly, despite the remarkable difference in height. Today perhaps wasn't such a bad day after all? Being at a loss as to how she would deal with the whole Charles Situation was still lingering in the back of her mind. Dancing with Sharaku, however, eased her worries for the future. Maybe... just maybe everything would turn out okay in the end... Just not the way she had planned...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 2:50 pm

Hmm, yes, he could reach higher. True. Guess he just never really paid it much attention, since it was kind of normal to him. He didn't even remember when was the last time he actually needed to get something from high up. ''Everything has pros and cons, I guess. I can reach high, but I also have to avoid hitting my head on things that are not exactly high..'' That was more of a problem back in Japan, though. People usually aren't very tall there, so entrances and stuff could be a pain for someone like him.

He would blink a few times. ''Well, thanks, I suppose. Though, there maybe isn't a solution. Not everything is meant to work out.'', he would shrug slightly. Whether there was one or not, he wasn't really hoping for it. Not right now. Life in general was being rather stressing nowadays, and he didn't particularly want more of that right now. He doubted things would just smooth up quick no matter what at the rate it was going. That, and frankly...if Shun really wanted to be with someone, he should perhaps look for someone he got along with well in what he wanted. That would probably be an easier solution right now. ''It would be yes.'' Going backwards could be a really bad thing. ''Change can be a good thing when people do it willingly. After all, there would be no progress if we just stuck to one principle.'', he would chuckle slightly. Isn't that what this whole deal was about..? Except for the fact that the idea of change was rather sharp and rushed no matter which path one took. And could lead to just being stuck anyway, depending on which choice was made.

Right. ''Maybe we would have met later on? It seems that our kind of people run into each other a lot.'', he would smirk a bit. Of course, meaning Persona Users and whatnot. ''Besides, I probably even know some people you do. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.'' It happened a lot lately. She was probably working with others on this, and he happened to know a lot of people involved. ''So you do. But that's a good thing, yes?'', he would poke at Mae a bit in regards to the friends thing. Technically, if you didn't really care...you weren't much of a friend with a person to begin with.

He would tilt his head a bit. ''Yes. But it's like that with pretty much everything. Nothing is particularly easy when starting out.'' Unless you were a genius in some field you barely even knew beforehand. Unlikely. ''True. Everyone makes some assumptions without even trying to. It just gets bad when they crop up...'' That was when it started to get hard to handle.

''Alright then. If you say so.'', he would state in a laidback tone. If it helped her, then it could only be good, yes? Even though he didn't expect to be doing much with his words. He would chuckle lightly at her answer. ''You sure about that? You're looking a bit red.'' For now, he was just being amused by this. And he still wasn't sure what she was looking at before. Though, that didn't matter as much now.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 5:44 pm

"I guess so... Both sides really have their inconveniences." Mae smiled at Sharaku. None of the two extremes were really more desirable than the other. Perhaps being average was the best? Tall enough to reach things in hard to reach places without being so tall that you bumped your head everytime you wanted to walk through a door. That was the ideal. Both of them missed that sweetspot though. So all they could do was just make the best of what they had.

"Oh? There's someone else on your mind?" Ayane asked curiously, looking at Sharaku with a pleading look on her face that screamed "Please, tell me, Sharaku-san! I need to know" all over it. She could be persuasive when she really wanted to. However, if Sharaku would fall for that was a different matter entirely. He had struck Mae as a very difficult guy to charm... But that might just be her mind playing tricks on her.

"Very true. Although some people don't like Change..." Like Jack for instance. He joined Angel in order to keep society the way it was. Mae, on the other hand... Had yet to make her decision whether to join an angel or not... For all tends and purposes, she might not even join one at all... She didn't want to fight Jack and the others should she pick another angel that fit her dreams more...

"I suppose so. But still, I'm glad we met back then." Little did she know it back then, but these people that she would meet on this island changed her life to a very large degree... For better or worse. Sharaku was no exception. Had it not been for him, she probably never would've watched that Broadcast. And if that hadn't happened, she would never have gotten kidnapped either. Not saying it was Sharaku's fault. How could she pin this on him? No way. That would be childish and unfair, quite frankly. He was a friend of hers now, damn it. She shouldn't go blaming him for something that arguably brought more good things with it than bad for her. Had it not been for her powers... she might not even have gotten as close to some of her friends as she was now.

"I... Guess..." Mae squirmed a bit in her seat. "Hehe, that's just like you, Mae. Turning timid and modest as soon as someone gives you praise... Sheesh. Modesty is good and all, but come on, don't sell yourself short, hun." The pigtailed girl placed her right hand on Mae's shoulder. "I suppose I am a bit too modest at times... eh...eheh..." She said nervously. Mae had never really gotten used to this kind of stuff... And she probably never would. Modesty was just a part of who she was... And that would not change anytime soon.

"Mhm. I have a distinct hatred for Math. We just agree to disagree on all fronts." Yep. Ayane and Math did not get along very well at all. Mae was somewhat decent at it, but Ayane was... deplorable at it. At least the more advanced mathematics they were doing now. Or at least... should be doing had it not been for the sand. Oh joy. "So... what do you prefer to wear then?" Mae would poke at him with an amused tone. For Mae, anything worked. She had both the figure and mentality to wear pretty much anything and still feel comfortable in it, both physically and mentally... Except maybe swim-suits... At least not publically anyway. That stuff got embarrasing fast. Not that she had much to show off either... Not for a girl her age anyway. Geez...

"I-I Am?!" Mae said somewhat panicked, her cheeks flaring up even more. She could feel it this time. // Am I actually blushing? What do I do now?! // Mae thought to herself. Could she possibly have... No... Well, it wasn't completely out of the question... But she should keep these feelings hidden for a while... Hopefully it was just in the heat of the moment. If it turned out to be more than that... Why did things have to become so complicated? And right after what happened earlier too. Mae had a decision to make later on once she confronted Charles... Would she be able to make that decision though? Her confused state of mind certainly didn't help the situation in the slightest. On the contrary, it made things worse... // Oh Geez... What should I do? // Carry on with the dance of course. That was the first step. She couldn't just leave him hanging.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:07 pm

''And we are just too unlucky to be in the middle, I suppose.'', he would remark flippantly. Would it have been better? That he had no idea. Sharaku was already used to dealing with the height he had, so maybe it would actually just feel awkward to be shorter for any reason. And he didn't particularly care about how tall other people were either. It wasn't a thing you could choose, so it wasn't your fault.

He would give a deadpan stare at Ayane for a moment. Eager much? He hadn't even implied that? He just said that there might not be a solution to the current one...But, okay. ''Not..really? I kind of don't have much time to pay serious attention to this recently. I'm not against things happening if they do, but no, I am not thinking of anyone specifically at the moment.'' Was that good enough to stop her sudden excitement high? Hopefully, because he didn't know what more to say to this without just tying it up into a virtual knot. He would hum faintly. ''Well, change can be done several ways. I think most people just dislike a certain type of change. I'm fine with people changing at their own pace, but I wouldn't want a big abrupt change to happen either. Because doing one too fast is just chaotic. I think it's easier for anyone to accept it if it happens step by step. That way, people may not even notice it is happening, and go along happily. I'd dislike it too, if some radical change was being pushed onto me bluntly.'', he would state somewhat thoughtfully. It was all a matter of perspective on the word.

So she was. ''Then I suppose I should be honored that you are?'', he would throw back a bit jokingly. That was the best way he knew how to respond to stuff like that most of the time. Well, what do you say when someone tells you they were glad you two met? Just staring would seem lame, and he had no other appropriate words for the moment. Let's just go with this. He would laugh under his breath at the display. ''At least she isn't stuck up, no? That would have been way worse than being a bit more modest than some other people.'' Not bragging was always better than the opposite, even though extremes of any kind could be troubling. But she didn't seem to be as deep in as that? But he couldn't say or sure just from one instance anyway.

He would smirk. ''So then, 1 + 1 = 3?'' Ahem, well, he didn't think she was as bad as that though. ''But I can see how math can be annoying. Not everyone can think logically. I'm good enough at it, but I wouldn't choose to do mathematical problems unless I had to.'' He didn't hate math, but it wasn't among his favourites either. Just..there somewhere. He would halt a little at the clothes question. Did he even have a specific preference? He couldn't really think of one. He did tend to not change styles too much, but it wasn't because he liked those the best. He just didn't see a reason to wear something different all the time. He wasn't as fancy and picky as that. ''Well, I'm not really against wearing most things. I don't think I prefer anything specific over other things. I could even live with wearing a dress.'', he would answer after a moment of pondering, the last part being a bit of a joke. It wasn't a lie either, however. He would have no real problem with it.

Eh? Such a big deal, hm? But she was amusing either way. He could guess why it was so, even though he wasn't sure what exactly brought it up. She didn't seem flustered when she asked him to go dance or anything. Not up until recently. ''Yes?'', he would smile slightly. ''But at least your face goes along with your hair now. Red and pink makes an interesting combination.'', he would chuckle a bit. ''But it's fine. No need to be worried over it, I don't mind. Just keep calm, right?'' Yes, he was amused, but he didn't want her to overheat and faint either. As much as he liked being a tease. And he was interested in seeing where she would go with this. She did say she had a boyfriend yes? And while he did catch on that something was probably wrong with how sad she got when the topic came around..it was still a thing, probably.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 2:17 pm

"Hehe, yeah. But at least we're not the only ones. So there's that." Besides, didn't they already have enough things to make them both stand out enough from a crowd? Mae's odd hair color and Sharaku's Ash-gray skin. It was a bit peculiar now that she thought about it. Yeah, her hair color was kind of natural, just a little bleached to be a bit more cream-pink than normal. She did notice people shooting weirded out glances at Sharaku every now and again. Gray skin wasn't exactly commonplace, whereas Mae's hair color could've easily been mistaken for colored hair... But regardless, Mae held nothing against Sharaku for what he looked like. After all, he didn't choose to look like he did.

"Ah... I see..." Ayane sighed somewhat dissapointedly. Mae honestly had no idea what she expected to hear from him. But then again, Ayane didn't know what he was really doing on the island, so it was sort of justified... "Eh... I'm not sure what you expected to get out of that, but okay." Mae shrugged casually. "When things change too much in a very short amount of time people will start complaining yes... Change should be something that works gradually, rather than have it all happen in one fell swoop. Plans and expectations fall apart then, not to mention people won't have any time to adjust..." Hence why Mae was a little iffy on the whole angel deal... But then again, maybe not all the angels wanted to change humanity. She had seen that in Angela... Was she the right one for her? Maybe. At present, she just knew to little to make a choice... If she even should make one at all in the first place.

"It's true though! Hehe." Mae giggled happily with a bright smile on her face. That day... felt like it was a very long time ago... Yet time had zoomed by faster than ever before. "I've almost lived here in Azores for six months now... Where did the time go?" She sighed deeply, leaning her back against the counter. "Hehe. I guess you're right." Ayane chuckled in an amused tone, looking at Mae. "Yeah... I'm glad I'm not some kind of Stuck-up jerk. That would've been dreadful." Indeed it would've been. Luckily, Mae was pretty good when it comes to making friends... A blessing, if you asked Mae about it. "I just want everyone to be happy and smile." Hence why she had started singing in the first place. Well, that wasn't the entire reason behind her choice of hobby, but it was one of the biggest reasons. "Pfft. I can't imagine you being outright mean to anyone." Well, that's very true. Mae disliked conflict to a very large degree, and would go to pretty good lengths to prevent spats between friends from occurring...

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." Ayane puffed up her cheeks somewhat as she crossed her arms. "Oh, come on, Ayane. We're here to have fun, you know." Mae grinned at her friend. "Oh yeah, right. Fun." Her voice was somewhat absentminded, as she slid off her chair. "A dress, huh? Well... That could be arranged sometime. I'm sure you would look good in one, too!" Mae giggled mischeviously along with Ayane. That would be fun to see. Sharaku in a dress... Never thought she would actually hear the words "Sharaku" and "Dress" in the same sentence, but lo and behold. "We're just messing around, Sharaku-san. We're not actually considering dressing you up like that... Unless you want us to, teehee~."

Mae's face lit up like the red taillight on a car. She was positive that one could feel the heat escaping from her cheeks a good distance away from where she was. "E-E-Ehm... T-T-T-Thanks..." She managed to stutter out eventually. // Oh geez... Don't say anything awkward, nothing awkward... Just focus on the dance, Mae. J-Just focus on the dance... // Her heart was beating rapidly by now... She was getting really nervous, and it was showing, clearly. Mae had never been this flustered in front of Sharaku before... So why now? "J-Just... keep... calm..." Mae took a deep breath, trying to collect her scrambled thoughts and cool down her nerves. Slowly but surely, it was working. Amazingly enough, however, she had not made a single mistake when it came to the dance-moves what so ever. Which was impressive, considering her state of mind was... less than stellar for something like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boom? [Mae]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next