Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Boom? [Mae] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Boom? [Mae] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Boom? [Mae] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Boom? [Mae] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Boom? [Mae] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Boom? [Mae] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Boom? [Mae] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Boom? [Mae] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Boom? [Mae] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Boom? [Mae]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Another normal day...Or maybe not? Technically, it wasn't very normal for Sharaku to hang out at a place like the local club, despite the fact that he did not live very far from it. On the other hand, what was actually not normal nowadays? Was there something? Well, perhaps so. One never knows. In any case, this was unusual to a certain extent. He most likely wouldn't come here without at least a decent reason behind it. And that was what most people would assume too. Was it the truth? Maybe, maybe not.

Boom? [Mae] NbbgTkS

Yet, he was most certainly sitting around at the counter, for reasons unknown to anyone but him at this moment. He even seemed to be in a slightly different get up than his usual ones. As well as sporting a cigarette in his hand.

Was something up...?

Press X to find out ~
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 10:15 am

"...Are we there yet?" Ayane asked for the fifth time as she walked down the busy streets of Penecia together with Mae. The pinkette rolled her eyes, slightly annoyed. Sometimes, Ayane was really impatient. In case you're wondering, today was Ayane's birthday, and Mae had planned to bring her to the famous club in Penecia as her birthday gift. She had never been to this club before, nor had she any reason to do so until today. So, even though Ayane's impatience was annoying, it was understandable. She had been giddy all day, barely containing herself even now. "We're not there yet, but soon." After a bit more walking, they eventually arrived at their destination: The Wave's Peak.

Boom? [Mae] YN1Ffs1
"Oh Wow... So this is it, eh?"

Ayane couldn't keep the excitement and wonder from her face anymore. "Come on! Let's go already! I don't wanna waste another minute!" She was practially yelling, as she grabbed Mae's hand and positively dragged her through the doors. "H-Hey! Ayane! Stop!" Mae was a little preoccupied at the moment to notice that a friend of hers was there as well... But Sharaku would most certainly notice her. After all, Ayane had practially smashed through the doors. "G-Geez... Ayane. Contain yourself, would you?" Mae said, chuckling... What would happen next...

~Press X to find out~
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 11:14 am

In all honesty, Sharaku was a bit too absentmined to pay much attention to things around him at that particular timeframe. On the other hand, it's hard to completely miss someone blasting through the door like a truck. He would frown lightly, somewhat distracted for the moment as he turned his head around to look at the source of sudden interruption. Well, he had no idea who that was, but he did recognize the other girl. Eh. Well.

''I wasn't aware you enjoyed causing such a ruckus.'', he'd state towards the duo nonchalantly, loud just enough for them to hear. Though, he wouldn't bother getting up from his place yet. Just watching them calmly, blowing out some smoke meanwhile. He had no particular interest in big social interactions. He was simply sort of amused by the sight..even though he didn't like being distracted either. Then again, this place wasn't a quiet one to begin with, was it now?
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 7:31 am

Mae was about to chastise Ayane pretty harshly for her inability to listen when a familiar voice reached her ears. "Eh-? Oh Sharaku!" A bright smile made it's way across Mae's face as she looked at him. "Hey! It's been a while!" Ayane on the other hand looked at the man with a confused expression on her face. "Who's that? You know that creepy guy, Mae?" She asked slowly. "Oh, he's not creepy. He's a... Friend I guess? It's a little odd. We're not really close enough to call eachother friends per se, but we're closer than acquaintances. Don't ask. Come on, let me go introduce you two."

Mae didn't wait for her friend to retaliate in some way. She just walked straight up to Sharaku. "Sharaku, this is Ayane Masuo. A Childhood friend of mine. And Ayane, this is Sharaku Rikei. A nice gentleman I met on my first day here." After overcoming a sort of inner conflict, Ayane slowly offered a handshake. "H-Hi" She said nervously. "Mind if we take a seat?" Mae asked politely. "How've you been lately? I hope you've been doing well.".
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 7:56 am

Sharaku would simply blink at the conversation between the two girls. Allright...? He wasn't particularly bothered, however. He had called out on them in lieu of some amusement to begin with anyway. ''I'm me.'', he would remark despite that, before keeping quiet as they made their way over, and Mae attempted to make introductions. Her description was a little funny, to be honest, but he would say nothing to that. The poor black haired girl appeared to be confused enough already. Ah well.

''Well, hello miss, a pleasure to meet you.'', he would respond with a faint smirk, accepting the offered handshake. Okay, maybe he was doing that on purpose, but her hesitance was funny. Since he had already swooped himself into this, might as well get something out of it. And this new girl seemed like a better source of amusement for the current moment. ''Hm..?'', he would look over at Mae when she started asking questions. ''Not at all. I suppose it would be rude of me to decline when I already made you come over.'' They would stay around anyway, right? ''I'm...decent. Can't say it is easy to be doing well these days, is it?'', he would respond nonchalantly, leaning one elbow against the counter.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Without delay, Mae and Ayane sat down next to Sharaku, the latter of the two girls made sure Mae was between her and Sharaku. "Thanks!" Mae smiled widely at Sharaku. "Well... Things aren't looking too bright. But that doesn't stop me from trying to have a little bit of fun." Ayane raised a suspicious eyebrow at Mae and Sharaku. "What are you talking about? The volcano thing has blown over, Finally. Why the long face?" Geez... Ayane was still in the dark about what was really going on here... Perhaps she was better off not knowing the truth...

"As for why we're here... Well, Ayane just turned 19. And well... I thought we should do something special today. As she's going back to Japan next week..." She was of course going to miss her childhood friend, but now that things really started heating up, Mae could rest easy knowing that her friend wouldn't get involved in this mess... "Now then, do you want something to Drink, Ayane? Now that we're here..." Mae wasn't much for alcoholic drinks, but on a special occasion like this... One glass would do nicely. "I'll have... a cosmopolitan, please. Alcohol free, of course." Ayane smiled sheepishly at Mae. Her favorite drink, if Mae recalled correctly. "I'll just have a cider with shaved ice." The bartender gave them a light nod as he went to work.

Boom? [Mae] Stoli-holiday-cocktail
-Cosmopolitan-
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 7:30 am

Fun...Well, maybe. It was perhaps just that his definition of fun was somewhat crooked at times. Ah well. It is what it is. He would look at the two with an amused smile when the blackhaired girl seemed confused about what they were talking about. Well, wouldn't it be great if the volcano had actually blown over and everything was okay now? Too bad that it wasn't the case. He would smirk thinly. ''It's not so much about what happened, but why it happened.'', he would state somewhat mysteriously, leaving it be at that. Afterall, it was obvious she wasn't aware of anything, and he had no reason to talk about it clearly. He wouldn't dig into the subject just because.

He would give Mae a languid look when she started explaining as to why were they here. Okay..? But he hadn't asked about that. It's not like it was his business whether they were here to sit around or drink or whatever. ''Hm? I'm not aware I asked for your reasons to be here. Or are you telling me because it should matter?'', he'd poke at her, in a sort of teasing tone. ''At any rate, I find it fairly interesting that so many Japanese people hang around here. Or at least people that speak it. Is that a new trend?'' In actuality, it didn't really matter much. He was just musing aloud. He still didn't speak Japanese around here much, despite the fact that many appeared to know it.

He would lean against the counter as they ordered drinks. Speaking of which, he still didn't have anything. Might as well. And despite the fact that he was the only one over 20 here, he didn't seem to have any interest in ordering alcohol. Not even partially, seeing as what Ayane got was originally meant to be with alcohol. Eh. ''I'll just have some lemonade.'' Way to go. But either way. ''You said you were here to do something special. I wouldn't think sitting and having a drink is very special..at least not in my opinion.'', he would state, as he watched the duo thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 3:16 pm

"Why it happened?" Ayane tilted her head to the left, looking at Sharaku with a confused expression. "Trust me, Ayane. You're better off not knowing..." Yeah... At first, Mae thought it would be a good idea to give Ayane a heads up about what was going on here... but now... Things had changed so rapidly that everyone was running a big risk knowing about what was really going on... Considering how close things had gotten earlier... well... If possible, Mae wanted Ayane off from the island before anything else happened to the poor girl... Ignorance is bliss.

Boom? [Mae] CwtJH

"I wouldn't worry much if I were you Ayane. Just enjoy your last week here." She smiled warmly at her friend before she returned her attention to Sharaku. "Well... It's not everyday two 19 year-olds go to a club, now is it? Hehe." Ayane raised an eyebrow at him. "Not much for Small-talk?" The pigtailed girl teased, as she took a sip of her drink. Ayane was beginning to loosen up a bit around him. Maybe not comfortable, but her asking questions was a good start. Would the two actually get along?

"I dunno about trends... It is rather odd, now that you mention it. When I first started at Zela, I thought that I was going to be the only student from Japan. But no, turns out there were a bunch of em in my class. It's such a shame that the school closed down... I wonder how they're gonna deal with the studies for the students? I mean, the place has been down for what... 3-4 months by now?" And Mae had a sneaking suspicion that it was going to remain that way until the primordials were defeated... Ugh... Why did everything have to rest on what they did? It was getting rather annoying.

"Ayane being... well... Ayane, she wants to go..." Mae started with a sigh, but Ayane cut her off. "I wanna go dancing! And meet hot guys, and stuff." Sheesh... Way to be not-subtle about it. "Hehehe... Yeah... That." Mae said with a sheepish grin on her face. "Don't mind her. She's just being... her, I guess. I just hope she doesn't get herself into trouble, like last year." Seriously, that girl had no self-control. She just went out, doing and saying things willy nilly sometimes... The two were really great friends though, and she could be a really solid pillar to lean on at times. But of course, she had her flaws. Not that Mae was going to complain too much about them, since she had a fair few of her own.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:48 pm

Sharaku would just smile thinly. He wasn't planning on explaining anyway. Seeing as the girl was leaving soon, then it wouldn't help her anyway...just create confusion. ''It's hard to say what is better by this point.'', he would state simply, leaving it at that. That discussion was pretty much done with either way. If the point was that Ayane shouldn't know, then they couldn't talk about it. Therefore, it was a moot subject. He would tilt his head, a bit amused. He didn't see anything special in two 19 year olds coming here. What? Shun was 17, and he had been there too. And he'd guess other young people came around fairly often as well. Or older. Nothing really out of the normal. ''Hm? I think it's fairly normal. You have people of any age coming here, no? Nothing out of ordinary about two 19 year old girls. Unless it's the fact that you came together and are the same age.'', he would remark nonchalantly. ''In which case, I am breaking your age arrangement.'' Not that he really cared. He meant it as a sort of joke anyway. He would glance towards Ayane with a thin smile. ''Perhaps so. I don't small talk often. Then again, many people speak about boring things. Maybe that's why.'' It was true to an extent. He didn't fancy empty talk....and doubly so when it was boring as well. At times, small talk could be entertaining, but it didn't happen very often to him.

He would frown thoughtfully. ''Well, I suppose Japanese is a popular language in general? I don't know. I usually don't ask people whether they are really from Japan. Afterall, I do speak Japanese, but I am not a native.'' He couldn't say if it was just that students from Japan came here. Not everyone who spoke a language was a native as well. ''As for the school...I don't know. I'm honestly not sure whether they plan on reopening it at all. With the state it is in now...'' Well, he saw that sand was still there after they helped Israfel. Though, he hadn't been there since, so he didn't know if they did something about it yet. But probably not, seeing as the school was still closed down.

He would chuckle faintly. ''Then, why are you here ordering a drink? No one is holding you from dancing.'' He would lean back in his seat, blowing some more smoke, as he listened to Mae's following words. ''Last year? In any case, I don't have a reason to mind anything. She isn't saying that she wants to kill me or anything like that.'' Now that would be a good reason to be worried. But...didn't most people come here to dance and the like? Which meant it was normal. And as long as she wasn't jumping at him along with it..she was free to say things.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:03 am

"Hehe, I guess you are." Mae chuckled cheerfully. "I wouldn't really know what's "normal" around here though. I've never been to this club before." Well, she had walked past it on multiple occasions prior. "Maybe so." Ayane's expression softened a little more. "I guess you were right, Mae. He ain't half bad." She smiled sheepishly at Sharaku. "What did I tell you?" Mae said in a slightly satisfied tone as she took a glance over the club.

"Gee... Maybe it is a trend then. I honestly don't get what's so special about my native tongue." If it really was as popular as Sharaku was saying. Not that Mae had any reason to doubt his claims. After all, he had been pretty honest with her so far. "Speaking of which... Why did you decide to go to Japan of all places? If I recall correctly, you used to live there, no?" Mae asked with a curious expression on her face. Ayane, who had been casting longing glances at the dance-floor turned around on her bar-stool to face Sharaku. "Ooooh. You've been to Japan, Sharaku-san? Where did you live?" Mae was a little worried that Ayane was sticking her nose where it didn't belong... but rather than butt in, she let Sharaku handle it. After all, Mae couldn't read his mind. Why try to prevent an issue when it might not even happen at all? That mentality didn't work everywhere of course, but at this point in time, butting in might do more harm than help.

"The worst part about it is that so many people are affected by it, either directly or indirectly..." Poor Ayane. She just had to move here just as the school got shut down. Not to mention her Exchangee back in Japan. He was also affected by this somewhat... "Well, I guess it's just because you're here? I honestly didn't expect you to be here. But it was a nice suprise." Mae smiled somewhat awkwardly at the answer she gave. It really did sound rather silly, but eh... it was the truth. "So... Do you see anyone who might be willing to dance with me?" Ayane whispered into Mae's ear. "You really wanna go dance, don't you?"

Boom? [Mae] 981032_1362089418602_374_300
"Yes, I wanna go! Please, please, pleeease!"

Ayane looked at Mae with big, round eyes. "Hehe. Sure, go nuts. It's your birthday after all, not mine." She couldn't help but smile at Ayane's reaction. "YAY! See you guys in a bit!" The girl slid off the chair, finishing her drink in the process, and proceeded to walk away towards the dancefloor. "I'll prolly join her sooner or later. So... Is there a paticular reason why you're here? You don't exactly strike me as someone who hangs out at a loud place like this regularly." But that might just be her impression of Sharaku. The guy was a mystery.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:46 pm

''Maybe I should start pretending I'm 19...'' Probably wouldn't work. Then again, it was only 4 years less. You never know. Some people are bad at telling age. ''Well, I've seen younger people come here...so, anything is probably normal. Unless 10 year olds come here. Or someone above 70.'' And frankly, he cared little. As long as they weren't bothering him, they could be 90. It was everyone's personal decision to want to come here. He would raise an eyebrow in slight amusement. ''So then, I'm not half good either?'', he would remark casually. He wasn't really following that part of the conversation, but he could come up with that much.

He would shrug. ''People like it? Japan is always popular among people. Everyone thinks it's so cool, even if they haven't been there before. And I'm frankly not really sure why. Maybe it's because I actually lived there for years. It's just a country, like any other in the end, despite some differences.'' He never really understood the hype over Japan. Like that girl from before..Traeh was her name? She was extremely interested when she heard he lived there. But..he had nothing to say. As a matter of fact...he would say Japan..was cool for tourists. Just explore for a while. But seriously living there normally..wasn't that awesome. So his opinions were probably a good deal different from someone who just dreamed to go there. He would smile slightly. ''I lived there for..approximately 14 years, yes. But..I didn't decide to go there. My parents did. I was 8 when I moved. I couldn't have done that on my own back then.'' If that hadn't happened..he probably wouldn't have thought of going to Japan. His smile would fall a bit at Ayane's question. Where did he live...well....That was a debatable question. In many ways. ''I...well, can't say specifically. I didn't stay in one place for too long. I've been almost all over Japan. Name a place, and I've probably been there, even if only briefly.'', he would answer after a moment of consideration. It was the best he could say. And it was true as well. Since he did do that in the last few years of being there, when he was on his own.

''It could still have been worse...''
There wasn't much to say. What happened to Zela..was bad, yes. But at least it was manageable as it was now. Who knew what would have become of the place had no one went there before. ''Hm?'', he would smirk lightly. ''So, I'm a magnet then?'' Well, she said it was because he was there. But that itself didn't mean they had to come over and sit with him. Unless some force made them. Special kind of gravity..? Eh, his thoughts were surely scattered if this was on his mind. He would remain quiet during the dance exchange, simply watching them from the corner of his eye. He would chuckle faintly when Mae turned to him with a question. ''True. I don't come here often. However, it's a secret. Or maybe I'm here just because.'', he would answer ambiguously, letting her keep guessing. ''Are you going to go dance too?''
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 2:13 pm

"Hehe, I don't think there would be much of a difference, honestly. But eh, what do I know?" Mae shrugged lightly. "Oh? Well I'm glad we're not the youngest around here then. I was... kind of expecting us to be that..." Well, what would people in their pre-teens or early 70's and above do at a place like this? "It would be kind of fun to see a 70 year old man dancing to this kind of music." Old people trying new things was almost always fun to watch. As long as you weren't related to them of course. Then things could get embarrasing quickly.

Boom? [Mae] Latest?cb=20150411195713
"You seem pretty alright."

Ayane smiled at him. "I trust Mae's opinion. If she says you're a cool dude, I'll trust her 100%." Mae coughed awkwardly, before taking another sip of her cider. "Well, I guess. I don't think Japan is all that special, to be honest. But then again. it's where I come from, so my view on things may be slightly warped." Of course it would be. No-one really thought that their home country was all that exciting, being used to all the culture and stuff. There really isn't anything special about the home turf. "I guess it's just seeing new places that really gets the hype going. That, and a vast portion of the Pop-culture and the Gaming industry makes itself their home there, so I guess that's a reason why. Whenever I meet someone who mentions they wanna go to Tokyo, I almost always say they are better off not going there. It's so crowded and the air is just... filthy." To be fair though, it was a rather massive city, so things like that should be expected, but living in Tokyo was definetely not anything close to what the Hype would suggest.

"14 years? Wow... That's a long time. Must've been rough moving abroad at the age of 8. I probably would've buckled under the stress and stuff at the airport. Hehe." Ayane smiled sheepishly. "Huh. So you moved around a lot eh? Any place in paticular that stood out to you in some way?" Mae wasn't referring to any place in paticular. Though... it would've been neat if he had actually visited Miyazaki.

Mae shuddered at the thought. "Yeah, don't even get me started on that..." Everytime she thought of what could've gone wrong at the academy, a chill went down her spine. Luckily, the corruption was thwarted, so that was a good thing. Hopefully they could keep it up. If San Malarus or Penecia was next up on the chopping block... well, people would start dismissing these incidents as mere coincidences... and panic would insue. That had to be avoided at all costs. "Eh, it was more of a 'Hey, it's Sharaku, let's go say hi' kind of moment. If that makes sense."

"I dunno. Maybe if I actually had someone to dance with. But... well, I'm not as bold as Ayane is when it comes to this kind of stuff." Mae shrugged lightly. "A secret eh? Hehe, alright. I guess you have your reasons for being here." She didn't wish to push this paticular subject any further, but she was a bit intrigued. "I'm glad she's having fun." Mae said in a chipper tone as she watched Ayane looking for someone to dance with. "Still... I'm a bit worried about her. What if she gets involved? What we're doing is dangerous, and I don't wish her to be a part of it at all... Sure, I'll miss her, but she's better off going home... She gives me a reason to keep fighting. Keeping her safe." A sort of random tangent, but well... Ayane was very important to her. Mae couldn't afford losing her. If Ayane ended up dying because of this entire conflict... She could never forgive herself...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 5:09 pm

''Well, it is 4 years.'' Besides, he didn't look that young either way. He would shrug lightly. ''I've been here with a 16 year old before. I suppose it depends on personal taste.'' He didn't care much. People were free to do what they wanted. As much as some actions weren't always the best idea on Earth. ''I'd say it would be rather awkward.'' He wasn't sure he wanted to see 70 year old people dancing. That was questionable.

Ah, right. ''Shouldn't you have your own opinion too?'', he'd ask with a faint chuckle. It's not like two different people would like him the same. And an opinion is a subjective matter. ''I don't either. But most foreigners seem to like it by base.'' Japan was probably interesting for those who lived far away. It was somewhat different afterall. He would shrug. ''Tokyo isn't really that interesting. Too crowded, and the people don't really care about the tourists much. As a matter of fact, Japan in general is not that good of an option for visiting if you don't speak the language. Not many natives speak English well enough there.'' Just because Tokyo was the capital city...it wasn't that great. More of a pain than anything else.

He would hum slightly. ''Probably. I don't remember a lot from back then. But moving isn't that bad, I guess. At least now I can claim I speak 3 languages fluently?'', he would shake his head a bit. In reality, it wasn't that helpful, but he was used to moving around regardless. He would stop to think for a moment. Well, while Japan was sort of versatile, many places were fairly similar once you got used to their style. ''A lot of them are fairly nice, I suppose. I think I liked Nara. Though, picking is never easy.'' He didn't make a point of picking favorites out of things like that most of the time.

''I was just saying..'' In all honesty, it could always happen again, and be even worse. So whether they did get started on that or not...it would change nothing. Simple words never do. ''And then you decided to stay.'', he would remark flippantly. Yes, it did make sense. But saying hi was not the same as staying around afterwards. He would give her an amused smile. ''I thought you said you had a boyfriend before? Why not bring him along? That way, you wouldn't have to bother asking random strangers for a dance.'' That would be an easier solution, no? ''I always do.'', he'd state vaguely, leaving her to wonder what the secret was, is she cared about it enough.

He would look over at the dancefloor. ''I don't know. People seem to be getting involved almost at random. And techincally, we are fighting for everyone in the end. If we fail, the whole world is in danger.'' Though, some specific motivation was always a good thing. For people that were oriented towards that.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 5:06 am

"16? That's a good 7 year difference between the two of you. Then again, if you're friends, age doesn't really matter that much. At least not to me." Mae shrugged lightly. Some people did have problems with it... She never really got why. If it was a romantic relationship, then yes, age did play a role, but with friendly relationships, it really shouldn't matter. "Hehe. I suppose so... It's a little funny, but when you actually KNOW the person... That's another can of worms I don't wanna open." Seeing her grandfather dancing here would probably be the end of her. Yikes.

"Ehm... of course I have my own opinions on things. It's just that Mae and I have known eachother for such a long time that our... opinions tend to overlap somewhat." Ayane smiled sheepishly at Sharaku. "Hehe, no kidding. We've known eachother for 14 years. It's an awfully long time, now that I think about it." They were as close as friends could get. There were very few things that one didn't know about the other at this point. After all, they basically grew up together. "It's a shame that Japan doesn't focus a bit more on tourism though. They could learn a thing or two from Penecia." Mae nodded at Sharaku's remark about the language barrier. "Yeah, that's another thing that poses a bit of problems for tourists... You basically have to study the language a decent amount before going there." She knew this pretty well thanks to Ayane. She kept in touch with her exchangee in Japan quite frequently, and Mae took part in the conversations from time to time over skype. "Well, Joshua is coming back next week. My Exchangee that is. " Ayane smiled happily. "If you see him, Mae... Please say Hi from me, would you~?" The pinkette smiled back. "Of course I will."

"Wow... That's amazing." Ayane stared at Sharaku for a second, awestruck. "Yeah, that's really impressive. Although, I guess it was kind of necessary for you. I only know Japanese and English. Not much else. However, I am a quick study when it comes to languages. If I wanted to, I could probably pick up another language. Will I ever get to use said language? Probably not." Ayane shared this talent of Mae's. The only reason why she was even accepted as an Exchange student was because of how well she spoke the english language. Without it... Getting by on Azores would've been a LOT more difficult, if not impossible.

"Nara, huh? I don't think I've been there for any longer period of time, if at all..." Well, if she ever returned to Japan, she would make a note to go there at some point. "I'm just glad it was the school, and not one of the more populated regions of Azores that got hit first... But now I'm rambling." Mae chuckled lightly before taking a sip of her cider once again. "When it comes to him... He's busy today..." Mae would not go much more into detail regarding the subject... The way he had left her... stung. The reason why she was even going here with Ayane aside from it being her birthday was... to stop thinking about it. Mae knew that she would have to confront him at some point. When that time would come... she didn't know. Yet. "Trust me, I would've gone with him if he was available..." Mae avoided eye-contact with Sharaku, staring blankly into her drink, holding back the tears. She couldn't cry now. Not on Ayane's birthday.

"Yep... but keeping her around here is only going to cause me to worry..." Mae had to help out saving the world... Why she had hesitated joining Angela earlier made sense at the time... but now... It only made sense... But perhaps there was another angel she could forge a contract with... However, she didn't have time to find one. And time was essential. Mae needed to get stronger. For her friends... and for herself.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 7:10 am

Sharaku would snort lightly. It was, yes. And technically, it didn't matter. That is, if it was just for friendship. He wasn't that lucky, however, was he? ''Well, he's 17 now. And I'm not sure how much it matters...? However, he wants to be my boyfriend, so that's sort of different from being just friends.'', he would state, not sure whether he should be amused or not. 7 years could be a lot in such a case. Mainly in younger years. He wouldn't deny that he wasn't sure how he felt about it most of the time. He didn't mind younger people...he would probably actually prefer that to going out with someone older than he was. But 7 years was quite a bit, and it did feel weird at times. He would shrug. ''Well, I don't know anyone like that, so good for me.'' He didn't. At least, he wasn't aware that he knew anyone older than...even 40 or 50. Definitely not around here at least. Frankly, almost everyone he met was younger than him.

''Good for you, I guess. I can't say there's anyone I've known longer than a year or two that matters.'' Well, how could he have? He didn't stay anywhere for longer than a while. And he hasn't been in Azores for that long either. The only possibility was when he was younger..but God knows where those people were by now anyway. And he was never that good of a friend with any of them either way. ''I don't know why they don't. But yes, it is a problem. Japanese isn't exactly an easy language to learn decently enough either. Not for those that aren't Asian to begin with.'' Then again, people went there nevertheless. But getting around with only English was really painful at times. He would scratch at his cheek. ''It was yes. And I don't really make much use of it either. I speak Portuguese, Japanese and English fluently. And I can speak Spanish a bit as well. But I only use English lately anyway. I don't even bother learning more. There is almost no reason. Unless I were to move again. And to a place where they speak something I don't know yet. Or I could try to be a teacher. Though, I don't think it would benefit me too much.'' There was no saying how something like that would end. But, it was true that he didn't work anywhere right now.

He would shrug. ''I wasn't there for long either. But it's a nice place, I guess. Then again, everything is better than Tokyo in the end. At least for me.'' The capital was just eh. ''Well, it's safe to say that it may happen to those too. I'm not really looking forward to that.'', he would smile wryly. Yes, it was lucky that it happened to those places first. But that was perhaps where the luck ended. He would look at her thoughtfully. ''I see. Well, we don't have to talk about him if you don't want to. I was just curious.'', he would state casually. It seemed she wasn't liking the subject, so he would leave it be. He hadn't intended to upset her.

Hm. ''Well, as you said, she is leaving soon, so you shouldn't need to worry so much anymore, no?'', he would smile thinly. Well, unless something went down in the last week. Which was not impossible, but still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boom? [Mae] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] Empty

Back to top Go down

Boom? [Mae]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next