Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

So why can't i play again? [Gran]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

So why can't i play again? [Gran] Empty
PostSubject: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 9:48 pm

After that meeting with the angel israfel, Hyde was pent up with even more questions than usual. Just what did that handsome man mean abut Hyde not being able to participate. He said that angel kind of knew all along, she served as an overseer. Does that mean she makes that rules? IF so why would she make a rule like that?” Hmm…..” Hyde would say as he entered the tower and called out to her. “Angel! It’s hyde! I need to speak with you! This would work a lot of better if I could just call your cellphone or something and tell you I’m coming, but I don’t now if you get service in here. ”This is a different dimension after all, sort of..
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:21 pm

When Hyde made his way to the Tower, the door itself seemed to have a glowing aura around it. As he attempted to enter, the door repelled his body away like two south pole magnets, keeping him away and preventing him from actually grab at the door handle. It seemed that the entrance was locked, but why? What could be keeping him out, and how?

"Funny predicament eh? Everyone's trying to walk inside that place ever since those weird openings showed up. Why are you so interested friend? Trying to run off into your future so quickly? You look so young, so I definitely understand how you feel."

So why can't i play again? [Gran] Tumblr_n1zhdqYNpb1trlxrno1_500

A voice came from behind, as a figure was now in view on a nearby bench apparently out of nowhere. The figure had short white hair, eyes as grey as death, pale skin, and wearing what appeared to be all white soft clothing that didn't exactly resemble a culture in particular. They looked about an adult, but nothing was sure. It was actually rather difficult to determine their gender or sex. They definitely looked like they could be either, or both, or neither?

So why can't i play again? [Gran] Dio_eraclea_render_by_tsubinez-d4dvwrv

They smiled a bit if they caught Hyde's attention. "Honestly I've just been waiting here and wanting to catch someone that was really looking forward to coming here. I wanted to know why this place was so important. It even vibrates if you get close enough to it, like something's building up; it's actually pretty insane....But I like your hair though, it's a nice shade. You seem off right now though. You alright?" They asked, tilting their head lightly in concern. The looked and seemed peaceful, like they had no other care in the world.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:32 am

Hyde turned around and blinked twice. Though, he quickly moved away from the door and stepped back. “I wasn’t doing anything weird!” Real smooth, but Hyde had to say something initially in the first place. This person with white hair and some kind of violet eyes. “Um…. A friend of mine lives there, I was here to see her. Her name is angel, kind of looks like a journalist, but I guess it doesn’t matter if she isn’t even home. “ Hyde sighed and put his hands in his pocket as he put the small bag down for a second.
“I guess I’ll be ok, but I don’t know If I’ll be left in the dark forever on …. Ehhh… I shouldn’t bother you with crazy talk. But thanks for asking, I appreciate it. “ Hyde would then smile at the mysterious person. “ I like the color of your hair too, t reminds me of snow. Some would say that when it snows, in places like this, it could be seen as some sort of blessing. They don’t have much to say about redish…pinkish…hair…” Hyde would then laugh off the small joke and introduce himself. “My name is Hyde Mizumi, what’s your name? Did you have business here too? Or did you see a lot of people come and go here and it caught your attention or something?” Maybe the others should have been a little more discreet about it.

Strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 2:13 am

So why can't i play again? [Gran] Tumblr_m9f9rdTerH1rv4zj3o1_500

Slightly puzzled, they looked at Hyde. Odd choice of words coming from him, but it certainly did not matter. Everyone had the right to speak how they wanted, and he was no exception. He was definitely nothing ordinary if a friend of his happens to "live" here. "Angel you say? I’ve heard about that girl on the news. Well, whoever they are, they may be home. Maybe something is going on inside that’s personal. I'll look, I'm actually a bit curious.” They stood up and stretched, then took a few steps to Hyde. “Being left in the dark must be upsetting right? It’s always nice to know everything you can. But I wouldn’t worry too much. Everyone will learn in time what they need to know…at least that’s what I believe. Destiny isn’t left to chance after all.” The white-haired person walked up to the door that Hyde had jumped from and inspected it, staying about as far away from the door as he was. “This is actually my first time checking it out. Maybe we can wait here until it gets lifted.” They walked closer to him and looked at the young man’s face, as though studying him.

“You’re not so hard on the eyes either. I can’t say my hair was because snow kissed me or something, but thanks anyway. My name is Gonea. People normally call me Gina, or Gage cause it’s definitely easier. I guess I didn’t have any business here….I was just resting until I saw you trying to bust in. I bet it’s probably important to you getting in. Sorry I can’t help. Are you sure it’s that important? Wanting to go in there probably means you aren’t so normal, since most people are simply staying away from this place. You must be very brave, very knowledgeable, or very dumb. Are any of those right? You can tell me, it isn't like anyone's here to overhear.” They said with a small smirk, as if they already knew that they were correct, or presumed as such.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 6:09 am

Youll look? I’ll be surprised if you could even get near the door handle. It’s doing something strange, I don’t think you should touch it. I wouldn’t want you to get hurt or anything. “It didn’t hurt hyde, but in the case that this person was a normal human being, Hyde would be a bit depressed if he allowed them to get hurt like that. Though the next few words were a bit mindboggling to hyde. “Destiny isn’t left to chance……” Why did that stand out so much to him/ What did those words mean in the first place, or will they mean something in the end?

Though, without realizing, the person was pretty close to hyde and the pinkette blushed just a tad. This mysterious person was quite forward, he wasn’t expecting them to get so close to strangers like that. Not to say Hyde was weird, but they hardly knew each other. Then again, it’s not like Hyde hasn’t done that before. “ Gonea……. Mmmm why don’t they just call you Gina then? I think the names a lot cuter and it suits you better. I mean, nothing beats your original name, it’s yours and no one else can claim it. But for nicknames, I think Gina suits you, if you don’t mind me saying. “ Though hyde rubbed his head when the knowledgeable and dumb part came about. “Well, I guess all of the above? I’ not normal afterall, a lot of people I know aren’t normal, but I’m even not normal to the abnormal of us all , so I came here to try to figure it out ahh wait… does that mean… you… ehh..”

Hyde didn’t know how to say this. “ Would you say that you aren’t normal either? You seem like a normal girl to me, happy and enjoying your life from what I could tell by your expressions. It kind of makes me happy to see you happy, I like seeing people happy in general. “
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Gina smiled to him. "I'm not boy or girl. I don't think of myself as either. Some people are like that right?" Gage said before looking at the tower, with an odd sigh. Of course the young man wasn't normal. No one going here was going to be normal. Gina looked back at Hyde. "I didn't think so. I bet you're more important than you know. Seeing as how you have so much power behind you; power that no one else has." Gina placed two fingers over his forehead, and nodded, turning to the side for a brief moment before making a weird face. "Mhm, this is you alright. Here, come with me." Immediately, they would grab Hyde's hand and take a large step in the air....only that the foot itself did not land on the ground. In fact, the step remained in place, as they pulled their other foot up, quite shockingly, walking on the air. They would continue this motion before it fading to them simply floating into the air as if they had wings. Strangely, another noticeable trait on this person was that their physical strength must have been deceptively strong, since the pale person could pull Hyde with the strength of a bodybuilder, perhaps even stronger. Hyde would also not be falling when pulled. They would pull on them gently but firmly, walking around to the back of the tower and finally stepping onto the top of the roof right next to the base of the radio tower itself and sitting down, pulling Hyde next to them assuming he did not resist.

So why can't i play again? [Gran] 3863c880b55a8481e3cbe41e08328f8e

Gage tilted their head to the side. "Hyde Mizumi. Do you feel any different? Knowing that you're in the dark and suspicious of your fate? As though...you don't belong? I would not blame you if you felt that way, it was certainly no accident you came here, nor was it chance you were set on this path. Tell me whatever you want. Trust me, I will listen." Gina remained silent afterwards, wanting Hyde to speak on anything he wanted before they would continue. However, when they finished speaking, they looked behind them for a brief moment and waved their fingers. Seems someone was trying to get inside. It was a shame that they couldn't help them in, but whatever happens happens Gage supposed.

Human Skill:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 5:03 am

“Not a boy or girl? Well that’s a gender that I haven’t heard before…” Hyde remembered that Oki was like that, but he didn’t know that there was more people like that. Though, Hyde was getting a strange vibe from Gina. “Me? Important? Power? You mean the …..” That’s the first time I heard something like that from a stranger, he didn’t necessarily feel important in any king od way, he even struggles with his friendships. Did Gina mean the wild card? Though, before Hyde could say more, Gina plaed two fingers on Hyde’s forehead and made a weird face, confirming that I was Hyde soon after. “Gina…….i don’t understand….”

From one surprise to another, this genderless person was able to physically pull hyde up and fly over to the to of the roof, right next to the radio tower. Hyde was in awe, this person had powers. “So…that means you’re like me then…. “ Hyde would say as he tried to keep it together. Hyde was sitting next to Gina, and he had so many questions to ask. However, the words that came next were almost the instinctive response to Gina asking if he was suspicious about his fate. “ Ever since I got this power called the wild card. I’ve been wondering that myself. There is this event with angels and stuff me and my friends saved an angel from some black goop. The angel Israfel was all like. “It’s in the official rules that i cannot participate in the event. I don’t even understand why? I can’t fight with my friends to decide the fate of the human race among the angels. Does this mean I’m even less than human?”

Hyde sighed as he rubbed his chin. “ Everything about me is….. foreign…. This isn’t my world…. I took a gamble on an amazing power ….and yet…. What have I done with it so far? This has nothing to do with self-gratification, I guess you could say that I wanted something without knowing what it is yet. Though, I thought I could find it in this event, guess I was wrong. “ Hyde would then look at Gina with a smile. “Though, what’s your story? Did you get sucked into some kind of shadow fight? Was your powers given to you in a dream? “ He initially thought Gina was a persona user.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 6:34 pm

So why can't i play again? [Gran] Tumblr_m1sw8bguNa1r9p24qo1_500

Gina looked at Hyde, listening to him and his worries. "I know you didn't do it because you wanted gratification. You did it because you wanted to be a hero, or to help others. Or perhaps you just wanted to matter, which is not the same as wanting gratification. Because you took this power, you set yourself on a path different from the rest. You have entered the path that can save the islands, and exterminate those who would destroy it. The path to destroy the Primordials." They said, taking Hyde's hand, which seemed to give off a warmth akin to a light rather than the sun. "You are unable to participate because if you were to join one side, they would have an incredible advantage over other sides. The Angels felt that to make it fair, you had to be excluded. But they did not want you to have no role. They needed to find a way to give you a chance to do what you knew was right, and let those who were participating decide how that world was going to be shaped. However...it all ends up being on your own shoulders. Without you, this entire Event means nothing. If more worlds fall, the seal gets weaker, and there will soon be no hope for the islands were that to happen."

Gage took their hand away, holding it in their other hand and looked up at the sky. "I'm just someone who knows alot about what's going on. I happen to be at the right time in the right places. And each of those right times, it's always you I hear about. You lack a connection with the Angels, but maybe you have the right connections right now. There are many ways to get out of this. Whether you take the easy way out, the hard way, or a way in between, it must be you. I trust you to be able to fight off the enemies with your friends' help. Keep practicing, get stronger. I cannot tell you how to do those things, but I can tell you what needs to be done. You haven't lost your chance to "participate" Hyde....just in the way the Angels say," Gina said with a semi-mischievous smile.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Hyde listened very carefully to what Gina was saying and raised his eyebrow. “WW-what?! Me? But that’s not what israfel said, he said at the most we could keep them down for a few thousands of years, and that it would take the unison of an angel and humanity to lock them away. But this is different from locking them away, I can destroy them? I can save the islands too?” Hyde breathed in deeply; he was feeling pressure for the first time in a while. The trade off for the wildcard was nothing less than his life, however that life was meant to be used he wanted to use to fight for the people that couldn’t defend themselves from the shadows and the primordial.

Though it made sense now as to the reason why he cant join a side, though he smiled a little. “I feel sorry for the lunapa angel a little bit, I owed that angel a favor for helping my friends. Plus, it’s my favorite island.” Hyde did kind of wish he could be friends with the one who governed over his favorite island, but it didn’t matter anyway. Gina had no gender, so she wasn’t human, right? “ Though for you to know all of this and tell me, you can’t be an angel because they can’t necessarily tell me, I think. OR maybe angel knew, but that brings up the question, if you was like them, what did you help create for the humans? If israfel is will power, what are you? Kindness? I mean, you seem pretty nice to me."

Hyde reached into his grocery bag and pulled out a strawberry flavored greek yogurt. “ I’m kind of on a diet and this was supposed to be for my fiend angel, but, were friends now Gina, and I want you to have it. It’s really good, comes with a spoon too, and its healthy! So I guess you can say it’s a gesture of good health, do you accept?” Whenever Gina accepted it or not, hyde nodded his head. “ I don’t know what you mean about having the right connections, but I know what I have to do to get stronger. I’m a little scared though, about what I’ll find, but I have to do it if we’re going to stand a chance.” Hyde was talking about his prime awakening, he was hesitant at first, but it seemed even more necessary after talking to Gina. “ Ok, I’ll worry about getting stronger, just tell me exactly what I need to do and I’ll do it.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 1:45 am

Gage looked at him. They weren't surprised to see them so panicked. "He's not wrong, through cooperation, you can stop Thesis and Ananke....but the more time is taken, the more this world's Creator will have time to wake up....and they will not have what it takes to stop it. Perhaps you might not make it. But the only hope we have, is you. You may be able to stop the Creator of this world, your islands from waking, and dooming your home." Gina adjusted their hair, accepting Hyde's gift, though not eating it just yet. "I think the most important thing besides what makes the sum of its parts, is the total itself. Qualities in someone mean nothing if they cannot live with them," they said.

When Hyde asked for advice, Gage tilted their head. "Do you need advice from me? It's up to you to figure out what to do. If it helps, why not return here and-" suddenly, they started to heave, coughing rather harshly for a few moments. After a moment of silent, they grabbed their throat for a few seconds; though they felt like a eternity. Soon, they let their hands down and they looked Hyde, still with the same smile. It looked like they were about to say something, but maybe they decided not to after all. "Go on now Hyde. If you're unsure, go to where you think you're needed. If not your friends, go somewhere you feel safe. Perhaps they know what to do. Run along now. I am sure one day I will see you again shortly. Just know, the key to this world is where life's essence flows fastest."

After those final words, Gina would lightly push Hyde, though their strength was so intense, Hyde would find himself being pushed off the top of the building and hitting the ground, though oddly, he would feel no pain on the point of impact. Maybe the building itself wasn't so high, or maybe something else is at work. Regardless, this talk was hopefully worth it to the young man. Maybe he would save his people in his own way...or he would doom it. The choice was now his.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 2:17 am

Hyde listened carefully to what Gage said though he was worried when Gage was starting to have their coughing fit. “Are you ok? Oh no, water… I think I have water somewhere…” Hyde checked his bag to see if he bought a bottle of water, but he didn’t. He stated to get nervous and didn’t know what to do, but the coughing stopped and he gave Gage a look of concern. Though Gage continued and pushed him off of the roof. Hyde “Ahhhh!” Hyde fell and hit the ground, but he wasn’t hurt for some reason. “That was….strange…” He looked back at the roof and then looked ahead of himself.
“the key to this world is where life's essence flows fastest….what does that mean?” Hyde wasn’t sure but he stared walking. “I need to get stronger right now; I’ll stop them…… “ He can only do what he can, hoping the answer will come to him eventually. So far, it was simple get stronger, and continue to bond and fight with his friends.

-Exit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So why can't i play again? [Gran]   So why can't i play again? [Gran] Empty

Back to top Go down

So why can't i play again? [Gran]
Page 1 of 1