Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A gentlemenly problem (Shar)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

A gentlemenly problem (Shar) Empty
PostSubject: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Jack Grunted as he struggled with his helmet. Just his luck... This should have been a standard "Stop The Mugger" mission. Textbook, show up, Henshin call, strike a pose, beat up the guy with the knife, save the helpless citizen( a nice old lady, gave him a butterscotch as a reward... Jack loves Butterscotch.) BUT! What he wasn't expecting was for Mr.Mugger to have a baseball bat AND get a lucky strike in on the side of Jack's head. Luckily Jack recently installed inertia dampeners on his helmet, so the hit didn't do much damage... But it did bust the latch on the side.

So now here Jack is struggling to take his helmet off in an alleyway while the police were hot on his tail... stupid anti-vigilatny laws... He... he needs help... Yeah! Help! This crowbar isn't working... needs someone smart... someone wise... someone who dresses like a fancy gentlemen!

To bad Jack doesn't know anyone like that... So with a sigh of defeat Jack slowly slunk out of the alley and right into a cretin someone's path...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Sharaku was out and about again. This time, on the other hand, he wasn't even trying to come up with a reason for it. He just wanted some fresh air. And while a different place such as Lunapa would be much better for that kidn of thing, he did not feel like making his way through people that far at the moment. Penecia could be painfully crowded at times, but he would live with it for the day. His luck was meager anyway. If he had to run into something, or someone, he would, no matter where he was at that given moment. That has been proven plenty times by now.

...and apparently this time again. A bit more prominently than it was usual, however. He was seriously not paying attention at that moment...and even if he had, you can't look into every direction at once..and see everyone. Not in a perpetually crowded city, at the very least. Safe to say, he ended up getting completely knocked over by someone swooping into his way all of a sudden..from somewhere. As said, he hadn't been paying much attention.

A gentlemenly problem (Shar) MkokcRG

''Oh, you? I have amazing luck, don't I?''
, he would stare up at Jack from his position on the ground, not even bothering to get up at the moment. ''Nice meeting you here, I guess.'' For some reason, he was rather laidback about this. Eh, well, it wasn't going to kill him, and he didn't really have the energy to get irritated every other moment lately. There was no use to that, unless it was some sort of a personal matter.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:14 pm

And Just like that Jack once again plowed right into someone... Geeze he really needs to learn to watch where he's goin! Or else this kinda thing will just keeps happening over and over again. Sigh... The person was probably freaked out by the sudden appearance of a Power Ranger knocking them over, he should probably apolo-.... wait what.... was that?

"Sharaku!? Is that you?" Jack hadn't seen Sharaku sense he awakened a while ago. Even then he didn't really have time to sit and chat with the ashen skinned man. Well this was a pleasant and honestly unexpected surprise."Ow... Sharaku! You say like running into me again after all this time is a bad thing, you wound me good sir! heh Sorry for running into you like that." Jack would crouch down and offer his hand to the fallen Space Wizard, yes Jack still thought that of Sharaku. Whether or not Sharaku took Jack's hand... a thought would cross his mind... Sharaku was smart, wise, AND dressed like a fancy gentleman! (That last part has a lot to do with some very complicated physics that will not need to be delved into) He was just who Jack needed to get his helmet off!

"Hey Sharaku, I know this is sudden and all, and I know we just ran into each other but uh...ya mind helping me with something?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Well, he sure wasn't Jack's grandma, that was a fact. So yes, it was him. The only difference since the last time he saw the younger man was probably that his hair had gotten a bit longer...nothing more, nothing less. So, it wasn't as if he was hard to recognize. ''Do I look like someone else?'', he'd ask, not really in a serious tone, though. He would snort lightly. ''I'm just being sarcastic. I tend to run into people I know a lot, that is all. Nothing to do with you being you.'', he'd explain, considering the offered hand for a while before taking it.

With that, he would stand up, taking a moment to dust off his clothes. He would glance towards Jack when the other spoke up again. ''Depends on what it is.'', he'd answer with a questioning look. If it was some superhero thing, he'd have to reconsider after all. As much as he was willing to tolerate, he still had no intention of getting involved in charades himself.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Well! He didn't just walk away like Jack half expected him to! So that was a plus. Also... For some reason it almost seemed like Sharaku DIDN'T find Jack absolutely ridiculous... Another Plus! "Well you see Sharaku, old buddy old pal old friend o mine, I seemed to have gotten myself in quite the pickle. I was on my morning patrol around the island when I happened upon a little old lady getting mugged by a man with a Baseball bat... When I jumped into intervene he got a good hit in on the side of my head. Now thanks to my helmet I was able to walk away unhurt... but I can't say the same for the helmet itself."

To emphasize his point Jack would begin to tug and pull on the helmet in a vain attempt to pull it open and take it off,"As you can see the latching mechanism is a little... Busted... I was wondering if you could help me out here."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:25 pm

He what? Well, that proved that not much changed over time. Jack was still the same superhero wannabe as before. Then again, he couldn't say much here. You can't do much else if you want to be helpful in that situation. A robber isn't going to wait for the police to arrive. It is still risky to jump someone that has a weapon without any resources of your own, though. ''You could have been more careful, though. A hit with a baseball bat could break bones if hard enough. You're lucky it was aimed where it didn't hurt you.'', he'd state nonchalantly, looking at Jack's head thoughtfully. What was he to do, crack the thing in half? Hm.

''Well, I am not an expert on this...''
, he would frown a little. ''How is this even supposed to work..?'', he'd ask, moving over to examine more closely. He's never even considered wearing a helmet, so he had little to no idea what to do here. Unless Jack wanted him to pull his head off his neck along with it.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:54 am

"Heh, I appreciate the concern Sharaku, But to be honest it was really just a lucky shot. The helmet opens up like a clam shell along this seam on the side. But the latch is broken so... It's kinda stuck closed." Jack would turn his head to show Sharaku the busted in latch on the side. For what ever reason... He felt a little odd in this situation. And no... It was NOT because he was standing in the middle of the sidewalk dressed as a Featherman ranger, while a tall man with dark grey skin and mystical magical powers trued to pull his helmet off. It was because... This was Sharaku...

Deep down Jack idolized the man. He was Cool, knew exactly what was going on... and he was obviously powerful... probably more powerful that Jack could hope to be... He probably would have stood up to Isfa-... Isca-... Ifa-.... Mr.SandMan just fine. "Sharaku... can I ask you one other thing?... It's something about my Persona-l life... If you know what I mean..." Jack's voice would be apprehensive... and a little nervous. Wholly unlike any tone of voice Sharaku would have heard Jack speak in before.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:50 am

Hm, alright. Sharaku didn't feel any wiser, but he didn't think he would ever be when it concerned matters like those. He'd sooner cook an exotic meal than work with stuff such as a broken lock and the like. Ahem, well. There was only so much he could try. ''Well, a try won't hurt.'', he'd mutter, attempting to tug at the broken part. As long as it wasn't completely destroyed, it should still somehow work, no? This really wasn't his thing, so he could hope something worked.

''Hm? Yes?'', he'd ask absentmindedly, still somewhat focused on poking the thing. He did hear the question perfectly well, but it wasn't as if there was anything for him to concern with until he heard what the real question was. Until then, that was that.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptySun May 17, 2015 1:42 pm

"Well... I was just wondering..." The latch would be caved in, and utterly unfix-able. The helmet seemed to be made out of fiber glass or some similar martial. While broken and loosened, it still seemed like the latch held tightly refusing to open and let Jack out."Do I seem... differen't from the last time we met?... I mean so much has changed for me, that I can't help but wonder if some one I hadn't seen sense the incident would be able to notice anything." Jack felt... odd asking these questions, but he felt they needed to be asked... this was just the first of many... and probably the least embarrassing...

Jack would sigh and point to the latch that was broken in. "I can't see it so you be my eys and I'll guide you. Is the latch broken in two along the seam in the middle?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptySun May 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Um, different? In what way? Sharaku would pause in his observations to look at Jack. What difference can you tell, aside from ones that are connected to physical appearance? ''Different? I don't know. I can tell that you still have your hero complex, and that's about it. I am not a spirit medium, and we didn't even speak much yet since you bumped into me. I can't read people without having much to bounce off of.'' What else was there to do? He couldn't read auras and stuff either, if that even existed. Maximum he could probably do, is maybe tell if Jack suddenly turned into a Shadow. Those tended to give him headaches.

''......''
That wasn't going to work. ''I am not good at explaining something like this..I think I'll just..'', he would scowl a little, searching through his pockets for a moment. Eventually, he would proceed to use his phone to take a picture of the problem, and put the screen in front of Jack's face. ''Look for yourself. I think it will be more efficient that way.'' Much better than trying to explain in what ways it was broken.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:42 am

"Heh... I suppose you're right... Not much of an outward change I suppose..." Jack would sigh and look at Sharaku's phone for a moment. The damage was not as bad as he thought it had been. Turns out it was just a bit dented in. Yeah the area around the helmet had been shattered to all hell but in the end it was a simple problem,"I see the problem, the lock has caved in and is stuck in the locked position," Jack would reach into a pouch on his belt and produce a small screwdriver. He'd give it a once over before handing it to Sharaku. "Here, hook this under the part of the tab that's poking out and try to pry it open." Good!... Jack was about to be free and the two could be on their merry ways... however... something about what Sharaku had said didn't quite fit well with Jack...complex...

"It's... It's not a complex. At least not any more, not sense my run in with Mr.Sandman in the parallel Zela..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 12:48 pm

Well great. Not that he really understood the issue. But as long as it was solvable, he didn't really need to. So..score? He would raise an eyebrow, however, when Jack pulled out a screwdriver. Um, is that something one carries around with them on a normal day out? Because he sure wouldn't. Unless he worked as an engineer, or something. Which, he definitely did not. That should be painfully obvious. He didn't really see Jack as the type either...then again, he didn't know the other well. Maybe the younger man had it as a back up weapon to whack criminals on the head. He could see that. ''Is there a reason why you just casually carry around a screwdriver with you? I wasn't aware that was a necessary tool to have when you hang out...'' Oh well. He would take it and attempt to do what he was told, however. It wasn't as if he had a better idea in this situation.

''What?'', he would turn his head around, golden eyes looking at Jack intently. ''Care to explain who Mr. Sandman is? I have heard about the whole thing with sand taking over the academy. Does that have something to do with it?'' This was something new. He was aware that some sort of mess was going on, but he hadn't hear anything about mysterious entities inside the other world yet. And he hasn't had a reason to go to the other Zela before...until now. He was pretty sure Hyde would drag him along to save his beloved school, so he might as well know what is going on.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 1:07 pm

"heh! Ya never know what you might need! I've got ducktape, zip ties, screwdrivers, wrenches, a rubber dog toy, flash bangs, and a full med kit in my belt just to name a few. I'm always prepared for any eventuality." Jack smirked to himself as he felt his pride swell. Sharaku may not see it, but he knew that a screwdriver was always useful! Be it a spare weapon or a convenient lock pick, a small screwdriver has over a million uses! However, his jolly tone would drop with his next words.

"A few weeks ago my rangers and I entered the Alternate world... We found the angel there Mr.Sandman... not his real name mind you but I have to call him something sense I never caught his name. We were... nearly defeated by his 'Test'... Ni-... Ranger Black did not survive." Jack felt a wave of guilt wash over him for a moment before he was able to shake it off."I'm not sure what it has to do with the sand in Zela right now... But I'm sure it has something to do with the angel there."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 1:46 pm

What in - rubber dog toy? Allright, forget he ever asked. ''...Isn't all that just wasting space? I'd think carrying so many items would drag me down when I need to run, or do some exhausting activity.'' All of these things were way too situational, if even useful at all. What was the point of extra weight on you? He would frown while fidding with the lock. ''Is it working or not?'' He wasn't a genius in this field.

He would frown more at the information. ''The Angels know how to be annoying. I'd be extra careful when dealing with them. It doesn't seem that all of them care about the humans as much.'', he would sigh, with a shake of his head. ''A name would be helpful, though. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go fix the sand issue there really soon. To my utmost pleasure, really.'' There was little choice, and it would only be worse if people that weren't experienced bounded in there. More death was something definitely not needed.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:15 pm

"A name... hmmm... I think I heard Blaez say something about a... Isfarel?...No no... Israfel! That was it! The angel's name is Israfel." Jack would sigh and look down slightly. So Sharaku was going to clean up what was ultimately his mess. Makes sense. He had to face facts. This was no longer his fight, no longer a "Ranger" fight. It was more then he and his team of kids could handle. "So... You're gunna clean up that mess huh... I guess it's for the best. I'd ask to go with you but I'm pretty sure I'd get in you're way. But I can't just do nothing ya know?... Guess that's what got me into this mess in the first place huh... Do you think it's wrong to want to want to fight for what you think is right... even if you know you're going to lose...?"

A small click would ring from the latch as it popped open. The broken helmet would fall off Jack's head in two pieces and clatter to the ground. Jack would look down at the shattered mess and blink a few times...huh... he was free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A gentlemenly problem (Shar)   A gentlemenly problem (Shar) Empty

Back to top Go down

A gentlemenly problem (Shar)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next