Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Burden of truth (Sharaku)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Athena

Athena

Burden of truth (Sharaku) Empty
PostSubject: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 4:37 am

It has barely been a day since Nagisa awoke to her power. She was gifted with Euryale, the long roaming gorgon, and with her new powers she was now able to better understand the dramatic changes her world was facing. She wasn't at the stadium when that strange woman appeared but despite that this event was the talk of the entire city. First the rifts and the reporter and now this. Whoever was pulling the strings behind those events wanted to make sure that the people would notice them. Nagisa was able to understand the nature of her persona, she was able to sense and analyse the shadows however she was unable to face them in battle. Despite that she decided to investigate the stadium from a safe location.

Many people were gathered around Standasen which was fully covered in purple fog. Most of them were taking pictures or recording this peculiar phenomenon. Event though she now had a persona under her command Nagisa was still unable to comprehend the reason behind those events. What was really going on? Philemon had give her a warning, he said that Azores was in great need of her powers. She had chosen this path with her own free will and was determinate to save her home one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 5:17 am

How troubling. Sharaku didn't make a point of visiting Standasen often. It honestly didn't have much of interest for him. Normally, that is. However, a certain woman had to go, and mess things around. Suppose the Angel was right about this one. Thesis was making some sort of move pretty soon, even if it was just a verbal warning...or so they say. He wasn't around when it happened, so he only had the rumours and such to go by. Most of them matched, however, so he could imagine what happened easily enough. This was really moving on fast. If this kept on, they wouldn't have much time left soon. Frankly, he doubted they were in the position to oppose her directly as of yet. He was confident, but not that much. They were talking Gods here.

He would frown as he wandered around the place, just observing for now. He wouldn't risk getting too close on his own. Who knew what was Thesis up to. He knew better than to mess with her. And he kept on doing just that, until his sight fell onto a familiar person hanging around as well. Her? Hm, he should have expected she would want to look into things after that talk, but he didn't think he would run into her this soon. Ah well. ''Already getting involved?'', he would inquire, approaching her with long strides. Might as well. He couldn't do much more here right now anyway. ''A pleasure to meet you again, however.'', he'd add, keeping his manners, at least.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 5:32 am

A familiar voice pulled Nagisa from her thoughts back to reality. She turned to the source and confirmed the person's identity, Sharaku Rikei one of the people whose names were mentioned during the broadcast. It figured that he would come to investigate the incident, after all if Nagisa's theory was correct then he do possessed similar powers or at the very least similar understanding of the situation as she did. "Oh fancy meeting you here mr. Rikei. I take it the recent event drew your attention as well. Not that I can blame you. It's pretty clear that this is not a joke." She replied to the man. Sharaku was probably her best source of information about the situation she had gotten herself into. At the very least he was less vague than Philemon.

"I don't wish to sound too forward but would you mind if we talked a bit? In private if you please, I believe I have some information that you will find most...intriguing." Sharaku didn't seem like the kind of man who got exited over trivial things that's why Nagisa decided that the better way to get his attention was to bait him with something big. "Follow me, there's an empty alley over there where we could talk in peace. Trust me when I say that the information I have is not to be said in public." She added and without waiting for an answer she turned and headed towards a dark alley opposite of the stadium.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 5:46 am

''I wish it was a joke.'' Sharaku would state almost flatly. It did draw his attention, yes, but unlike her, he knew what exactly he was dealing with here. And that something was dangerous, to put it simply. Thesis was sure no joke. As much as he'd wish it was one. He would raise an eyebrow when she suddenly spoke about information. What could she know that he didn't? Most stuff didn't intrigue him much...because, it was generally either what he already suspected, or just an add on to the previous ones that did not come as a huge surprise. With this, you could expect any kind of mishap. But seeing as he couldn't do anything more here right now, he would humor her. Perhaps she'd prove him wrong? He doubted it, but if she wanted to talk, he had no reason to refuse her.

''Very well. I have no reason to not give this a go. We'll see how much you surprise me.''
, he would state with a little bit of amusement evident in his tone. That said, he would follow after her, wherever she was leading. Let's see what she considered important enough to not be mentioned around other people.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:17 am

Once they reached their destination and Nagisa made sure that there was nobody near them to eavesdrop on their conversation she turned her attention on Sharaku. "I understand that my demeanor might appear suspicious but it's better to be safe than sorry." She said as she wrapped her white jacket around her. Talking about her powers and the dream she had was harder than she realized. Under normal circumstances she wouldn't believe that it was possible for someone to believe her story but with the Standasen Stadium surrounded by this mist just a few meters away made it rather easy to believe in supernatural phenomenons.

"First of all I would like to apologize. You were right during our first meeting. I was too ignorant and I ended up making wrong assumptions about the broadcast. I will make sure not to make the same mistake." She said as she bowed her head in an apologetic way. "However I didn't bring you here just to ask for your forgiveness. But to discuss about a subject you are familiar with." At that point Nagisa raised her head and asked Sharaku directly. "Tell me, mr Sharaku, are you able to wield the power of a persona?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:55 am

Sharaku would shrug as he went after her. ''Almost everything is suspicious these days. Makes no difference to me anymore. I take it as it is.'', he'd state simply. What wasn't carrying a suspicion after all this? He didn't blame her either way. It was normal to be cautious, so he was fine with that. That's how it was, was it not? At least she didn't go into it outright, despite the boldness she showed towards the matter at hand. That he could appreciate.

''Well, I can't truly blame you.'', he would smile thinly. ''It's easy to assume when you have no knowledge on the matter. I simply warned you, but I don't hold your thoughts against you.'' As long as she didn't get herself killed foolishly, he could take that. It wasn't the best thing, but he couldn't expect people to take it the right way when they had no idea of knowing. He would blink a few times, then chuckle under his breath when she asked him about a Persona directly. So that's how it was, eh? ''In fact, no. I do not have a Persona. I fight differently. But I do know what that is, yes.'', he would answer flippantly. ''Anything else?''
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:12 am

Nagisa's eyes narrowed when she heard his answer. So a persona was not the only power one could be gifted with. Since Sharaku knew of it then she wasn't the only persona user which only raised more questions. Did he actually know any other persona users? How different their abilities were? Nagisa promised herself to get the answers she wanted from him but by now she had learned that getting a satisfying answer from him was not possible. "Your reaction is rather lax. I can only assume that you have gotten into this kind of conversation many times to develop such indifferent feelings about it. Despite your attitude I still want some answers so please answer me as truthfully as you can." Nagisa wasn't to believe everything he said to her, she still couldn't bring herself to trust him but at least she could fish some information out of him.

"I'm not the only persona user in the region nor the only person who was a way to understand the recent events. However I have only recently awaken to my powers and I have nothing but questions about this new world that I have been introduced to." She paused. She wasn't  sure what she should ask first or how she should state her question to make it sound as simple as possible. Maybe she should start with something that Sharaku would know for certain. "Back in the bookstore you told me that the reporter wasn't human. Back then this information was enough but now I want to state a slightly different question. If she's not human then what is she? Is she a persona-user or something different? Is she somehow connected to Philemon?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:53 am

Lax? Maybe she was right. He did not react to this alarmingly anymore. There were so many new Persona wielders lately, it was hard to keep being surprised. It was spreading like a plague, to be honest. If this kept up, every other person in Azores would possess one. Fun. Only problem was, that new Users did not know the situation, and could thus make a mistake he and others already knew to avoid. That was one big backslash to the fact that newbies meant some possible help. Which side of that coin was more useful? Good question, since he had no answer. ''Natural reaction. There are so many Persona Users popping up lately, that I just take it without questions. It's like a plague these days. Makes me remember the days when it used to be a rare power to wield.'', he would shake his head, as he responded to her accusations of his indifference.

''I can see that. Which is why I'm not exactly fond of so many new people gaining the power. Having to look after their butts because they know nothing of what is going on is tiring. I suppose I can tell you something, to at least avoid that happening.'' Better than letting her go off on wrong assumptions. The most important facts, he could tell her, since he doubted he could stop her from poking her nose in anyway. At her question, he would hum lightly, remaining silent for a short moment, thinking of an answer to give her to that. ''Not really. She is...an Angel, or a Divine. That's what she calls herself. A lesser kind of God, I believe. She's far beyond a Persona User. On the other hand, I can't say how she relates to Philemon. I don't know much on that subject. Only what I had been told by a comrade of mine who ran into that once. Philemon is one of the two Gods that can grant people Personas, I believe. I don't know much more that that on this one. Does that answer your question well enough?'', he'd say eventually, fixing her with an intent look. Thank Hyde for this once. Otherwise he wouldn't know what she meant by Philemon. On the other hand, he only knew as much as the redhead told them from his visit in the other Penecia. The strange war and all.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 8:21 am

Nagisa leaned against the wall. Things were much more complicated than she thought and she was fully prepared to hear outrageous claims. The reporter was an angel and Philemon was a god but the connection between them was uncertain. To make things more interesting there was a dramatic rise of persona users, meaning that more and more people were taking up arms to prevent the danger Azores would soon have to face. "Philemon mentioned something like that before he grand me my persona. He said that my powers will be of great need... he also spoke of the destruction of my home. That's why I need to collect as many pieces of the puzzle as possible if I want to avoid the catastrophe he spoke of."

She turned her back at Sharaku and looked at the stadium standing covered in that weird mist. She knew that the woman or deity who caused this was up for something but Nagisa was unable to investigate this on her own. "Do you know anything about the person who took over the stadium? Even the most basic information might be useful. Who is she, what is she? Unlike the reported that woman had taken a more direct and hostile approach on that matter, plus she didn't seem like wanted to 'help' much. However, despite the importance of it Nagisa was more interested in something else Sharaku had said. "And there's also one more thing. That...comrade of yours., the one who had spoken with Philemon. Is it possible to arrange a meeting with him? He might be able to understand the god's nature better." Truth to be told Nagisa was more interested in meeting another persona user than learning more about Philemon at that point though she would never admit it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 8:54 am

Sharaku would shrug vaguely. ''Good luck. The puzzles just get more complicated, the more of them you have. Everything raises more questions than answers. If that is your goal, prepare to face many walls.'' His guess was, that simply having the puzzles was not enough to prevent the catastrophe. The clues helped, yes, but ultimately this seemed to go beyond just the information. What could they do? They couldn't even stop Thesis, despite them knowing who she was, and possibly what she strived towards. Things are not simple when you're made to face Gods.

He would follow her gaze to the stadium, giving a light sigh. ''Her? I'd suggest staying clear of her for now. She's a Goddess. A Primordial Goddess, or so they say. She's the one who originally created the world itself. For whatever reasons, she now seeks to destroy it, either that or control it under her rule. The name's Thesis. She's no pushover.'' Sounded fun, right? Sarcastically speaking, of course. He really had no idea what her deal was all of a sudden. But she was not to be taken lightly, that much he knew. After all, he has seen some of her abilities first hand. ''Hm?'' She wanted to meet Hyde? He didn't think the two would get along too well. ''He hadn't spoken with Philemon directly. Only people that associate with the God, as far as I know. I can't say how much he understands. But I can ask him next time we meet. Knowing him, he'd be overjoyed to meet new people. Either way, in case you're badly interested, you can visit the other side of Penecia. That's where those who follow Philemon reside. If you decide to, be cautious, however.'' That world didn't seem as dangerous as for example San Malarus right now, though caution was required anyway. On the other hand, he wouldn't say the deal with Philemon was very important now, with what everything they had on their hands.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Nagisa couldn't bring herself to believe what Sharaku had told her. This woman who was stirring all this trouble was actually the creature who created the world? It was already hard to accept the idea that a single creature was responsible for the world's creation but there was also something that didn't fit well in the puzzle. Was she the mastermind behind all this? Why would she make her appearance so soon after the broadcast? Despite the answers Sharaku gave her Nagisa found herself surrounded by more questions. In fact her path now seemed darker than before.

She decided that it would be wiser to start from the basic steps. Sharaku had mentioned the other side of Penecia and she was certain she wasn't speaking from a different part of the town. "You said something about the other side. I take it this is where the rifts lead to? Another place of city which would be impossible to find with different means? How do they even work and who made them?" but Nagisa stopped as soon as she had asked the question. "Pardon me. Apparently the secrets of this world and not as explored as I had expected, I asked you too many questions and even though you answered to the best of your abilities it still wasn't enough to get a clear picture. There is one thing however which is true, Philemon was right, this world is in great danger."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 2:12 pm

The rifts..? Ah yes, that. ''I believe you can see two sets of rifts, but yes, in general. The other worlds are kind of like mirror versions of this one. They even share the names, depending on which island are they located. They look and work different from our side however, all of them. You'd have to learn about each one specifically.'' That was pretty much the jist of it. Sharaku didn't even know how to explain this plausibly. He was just going off of what he had seen, mostly. ''As for the rest...I don't know much. Apparently, the Angels are the ones who connected the two worlds together, but how they came to be, I don't know. Though, even Thesis can control the rifts somewhat, so she may be involved as well.'', he would shrug at that one. Most of this info didn't make literal sense, but it was all he had. It wasn't as if this particular knowledge even helped that much.

When she followed by her assumption, he would snort somewhat derisively. ''Well, what would you want? It took us half a year, if not more already to get this much information. This is no simple detective story that can be solved overnight. The picture is far from clear still. Don't get ahead of yourself. I probably know it better than you can comprehend, however. Some things are understood more clearly when you face them yourself. There are too many little details to just tell. But yes, you are right in a way. If we don't solve this, the world goes to hell, one way or another. Actually, even if we do, it won't stay the same.'' Did she think she would suddenly get close to some answer after he answered her a few questions? If it was that easy to get a picture together, this would be done and dealt with already. Did she expect to have the whole story laid out for her from the getgo? She should be grateful he told her this much. There was no obligation to make him, afterall. If he left her in the dark, she'd know jack squat. How would she make sense of it then?
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:24 pm

The situation was far more complicated than Nagisa thought and she was ready to believe almost everything about it. Angels, gods, creators and parallel universes combined at set loose to the Azores region. Nagisa couldn't understand why the creator of this world now wished to end it but she wasn't going to stand by and let it happen. It would be tough and she didn't know if it was even possible to save her home from this Thesis, Philemon has spoken about it's destruction after all, but  on the other hand she couldn't stand idle and let her have her way with them.

"I see... It seems I have little choice but to venture in through the rift and find the answers I seek. Although I imagine that they wont know more things than you do, if they are also human that is. Thank you for your help, I know you had no obligation to answer my questions and I can promise that one day I shall return that favor. I get the feeling that our paths will cross in the future, if my instinct is right then I look forward in meeting you again mr. Rikei" Nagisa said as she turned her back to Sharaku and began walking outside the alley. "Farewell, and do be careful. Things will most likely get worse. You have my number if you ever require my assistance don't hesitate to call me." She added as she walked away.

~exit~
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:14 pm

Hm. To be expected. ''We'll see about it. Just do be careful. Some of the worlds may be hostile, depending on which you choose to explore. I'd be cautious if I were you.'' She seemed overly determined to search on her own. So be it, but it would be her fault when she got herself in trouble for being too snoopy way quickly.

''Actually, I believe things are only starting to heat up, so yes, it will get worse.'' How much was the question, but he did not doubt the fact that it would. That said, he would let her go, casting a glance at the purple fog again for a while, thinking...Purple..hmm. That made him remember something....but..how would that...? Well, now....

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Nagisa and Sharaku's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burden of truth (Sharaku)   Burden of truth (Sharaku) Empty

Back to top Go down

Burden of truth (Sharaku)
Page 1 of 1