Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Fond Memories (Sharaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:10 am

She was right about that one. Birds do like to fly around, no doubt. But, how high was the chance it would come back if you accidentaly let it fly too far? A cat you could perhaps chase, or have someone search for it, seeing as it'll stay on the ground, or possibly climb a tree. A bird however...humans can't fly, so the chance of catching it once it gets away is rather low. The idea was nice, but risky. ''Well, I don't keep my cat on a leash or anything outside either. But, it's easier to keep an eye on an animal that doesn't fly. You'd have big trouble getting a bird back once it decides to fly off. It could always find a way. When you open the door, or a window. Birds aren't easy to tame either, so I don't think it'd listen when you command it to come back. I'm sure it would like to fly around, but it's sort of risky to let it. At least, I think so.'' Though, maybe if she got a more intelligent kind of bird, it'd be more manageable. Who knows.

''It isn't.'', he would laugh a little when she mentioned Penecia not being cheap. ''But money isn't everything either.'' Sure, it is nice not having to live in a dump or such, but you still can't buy everything, even when you're rich. Things like happiness, and love don't have a price after all. ''Standasen isn't the worst. But, I suppose I'd agree on not wanting to live there for a long period of time.'' He couldn't say he was very fond of the place. It was okay for a shortlived hangout, but he'd most likely die of annoyance if he were to live there. ''I think what matters most is that you're happy where you are.'' Some people perhaps liked Standasen for example. It was sort of subjective to say which was the best. He was sure some people would jump in joy at the idea of noisiness, You never know. He would eye Naomi's actions thoughtfully. Well. What to do. He would look over his cards once more, before just matching her bet for now. Let's see...''Speaking of living, however, perhaps I should invite you over later on in return.'' It'd do him good to be nice. Besides, she seemed to like Penecia, from what she had said. ''Besides, it's not like I have any moms to worry about...'', he'd add, obviously joking.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 7:47 pm

She would whistle a quick little tune, “If any pet runs away and does not come back, doesn’t that mean it didn’t want you as an owner? I mean, I’ve never actually had a pet run away. There was the one time that Midnight got out of my grasp while I was trying to take her to the vet, but she didn’t run away from me. Well, she did, but she ran toward one of the windows and tried to hop back into the house. That didn’t work since it was, you know, closed. Plus, I looked into it. They actually sell leaches for birds. It’s kind of weird. Thankfully, I wanted one of the more intelligent birds. Something like a grey parrot. They are supposed to be the most intelligent bird species.” She liked the ones that were smart. Plus, they seemed to be a healthy species.

She would nod at his statement, “Money may not be everything, but it’s nice to have. Better to have than to not have, at least.” She flipped over another card in the deck and raised her bet by two green pieces, “You know, Stanasen is actually pretty nice once you get used to it. Mom didn’t trust me walking around the streets though. She used to never let me go out by myself, so I didn’t know most of the area outside of the immediate stuff around my house or the way to the subway system. Didn’t stop me, of course, but I’d get in trouble every time. You become very street smart while living there, which is pretty useful. Still can’t deny that it needs some serious renovation. The place is falling apart.” Well, compared to the other islands as least, “You’d really let me visit your home? I mean, I don’t want you to feel like you have to, but I would like that.” She had never had a moment like this before. It made her feel fuzzy inside.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Sharaku would shrug a little. ''Perhaps. But in a case where you haven't had it for long yet, I think it wouldn't have enough of an opinion to want to stay. Maybe it gets safer with time, but you don't have anything to bet on right after you buy the pet. A bird on a leash sounds rather weird, yes. I can't really imagine it on anything besides a dog. People have strange ideas at times.'' Seriously, how would one even do that? Put a mini collar on the bird? It just sounded stupid, and the image was not even funny. ''Grey parrots are nice. But they're also one of the bigger species, I believe. Maybe, in the end it would be the one to hunt your cats.'', he would add, with a faint laugh. Not that he'd want to see that. Yet, as far as he's seen so far, the white kitty didn't look like a big hunter. And some grey parrots could be pretty large. It's be...an interesting role change.

''Well, can't argue with that.'', he'd mutter, regarding the card for a while. For now, it didn't seem that he was too interested in pushing it up, as he'd just meet her raise once again. ''I'm okay with it for a shorter stay, but I'm not so sure it'd be a place I'd enjoy living in.'', he would shake his head briefly. ''That said, I didn't take you to be the deliquent type. Sure, you punched Hyde in the face and all, but I wouldn't have thought of you as the one to get into trouble willingly. Am I missing something here..?'', he'd poke at her, in obvious amusement. It was hard for him to think of a younger Naomi prowling the streets of Standasen. Almost unlikely. ''Hmm, I have no problem with that. I have no reason to not let you come over.'', he'd not when she asked for confirmation. Might as well.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Naomi would shrug, “I guess so. Maybe you’re right, but I still like seeing animals more free than not. Also, the fact that you can put a leach on a bird makes me wonder why they needed it. Can’t most people train birds to come home? Isn’t that what carrier pigeons and hunting falcons do? Or is it for when you’re training them.” She laughed when Sharaku mentioned the bird hunting her cats, “Thankfully, those birds don’t eat meat, so I doubt they’d have an issue with hunting. And you’d be surprised what those cuties can do.” She’d motion to Yuki, who at some point had curled up next to Sharaku and started sleeping, “They both have their claws and they knew how to use them. They don’t usually use them, but there was been times they have.” Like when they jumped onto the screen door and caught their claws in the meshing. That would never not be funny, “From what I researched about them, they seem to be a docile species. They also appear to be a loyal pet, and grow attached to their main care taker.” She thought they were the best option for a bird.

She would only smirk at his comment, “You know what they say.” She flipped the next card and threw in an extra two red pieces, “Never judge a book by its cover. You’d be surprised what you miss when you do that. And, in my opinion, he deserved it. The only way to knock sense into people like him is to literally knock it into them. Haven’t you gotten that vibe from him before?” She knew she did, “Besides, it’s not like I willingly get caught.” Yes, she was quite the delinquent when she was younger. Actually, she still was, in a way, “I’m not someone to be taken lightly.” She would wink and fan herself with her cards, telling him he couldn’t take her lightly with this game, “I am a woman of many talents, Sharaku. Want to see?” She’d add another blue Lego just to make the game more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:35 pm

''Don't ask me. I'm not a bird trainer. I think a falcon would make a nice pet though.'' Sharaku honestly had no idea how it worked. Sure, some birds could be trained, he knew that. And that was the extent of it. ''Oh, trust me, I know what cats can do with claws. No need for explanations there.'', he would roll his eyes slightly. At times it was painfull, yes. At least, it seemed that in Naomi's case, those claws did not end in places where it wasn't pleasant. Lucky her. Honestly, he was wondering how did his hair survive at the length it was up till now. Perhaps some kind of luck. ''I think most animals can be loyal, as long as you give them enough care.'' Sure, some things...were probably questionable. Then again, not many people went with...spiders and the like. Well, snakes were sort of cool.

''Good point. I don't really judge people permanently. Still, it doesn't stop me from being a little surprised, does it now?'', he'd laugh a little. ''But, yes, I get what you mean with him. I suppose we're a little different in that. I prefer to stomp people over with words, rather than fists. I think he knows that well enough. I'd rather knock it into someone's skull verbally, unless I have no other choice.'' He didn't hate violence, but he wouldn't resort to it as the first and foremost option. Not normally. ''Sure, with pleasure.'', he'd jab back at her question, making a casual wave with his free hand, as he proceeded to match both of her bets again. He had no idea what game she was playing, but he wasn't about to bow down that easily.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:42 am

A small laugh escaped her when Sharaku mentioned the damage cats could do with their claws. She knew that firsthand, as well, “That seems to be a thing most cat owners understand. I don’t think anyone else really gets it.” She nodded before adding a comment, “I would say that’s true about most of them. Well, except for fish. They don’t seem to care who is taking care of them as long as they’re getting food and their water is clean.” Obviously, her opinion on fish wasn’t very high. She preferred animals that seemed to have some sort of upper brain function. Plus, you couldn’t pet fish. It was just how she felt. Not that they weren’t entertaining to watch, especially the tropical ones.

Her eye moved over the cards in her hand once more, “I guess you’re allowed to be. I try not to show it. I mean, if you knew I was a delinquent just by looking at me, wouldn’t you get suspicious? That’s why it’s important no one can tell. I need people to trust my innocent face.” As if to make her point, she would smile wide to show just how innocent she was. She shrugged, “I would rather it not come to violence most days, but he strikes me as the type that doesn’t understand words. Maybe I misread the situation.” She seemed to look into the distance before looking back, “Nah. I still think the only way he understands anything is through extreme emotions and actions.” She’d flip the next card. This was the second to last one. She considered her hand for a moment before just pushing the rest of her Legos into the pile. She’d pound on her chest triumphantly before placing both her hands back on her cards, “Thank goodness this isn’t real money, or I’d be questioning our sanity in doing this. Oh well. You only live once, right?” Was she bluffing, was she not? The only clue as to what she was thinking was a smile on her face that dared Sharaku to match her bet. He had been playing it cautiously this entire time, and Naomi was going to see how far he was willing to go on this gamble. There was one thing she knew, Sharaku was going to lose this hand.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:20 am

Hm. Supposedly so. ''I think I prefer fish as food anyway. Not that they don't make interesting pets.'' Naomi was right. Fish were good as enough as something to watch when you had nothing better to do. At least you had some use of them when they were on a plate. No offense to them, of course. Either way, he doubted he would ever want a pet fish. That'd be unbelievably boring after a short time period. He would raise an eyebrow when Naomi explained her innocent cover. ''Depends. There is just about the same amount of reason to suspect someone that seems perfectly innocent, as there is with an obviously suspicious individual. You can't really win either way. Each person takes what they see differently. I'd say be yourself, and if they can't deal with it, at least you know they aren't worthy enough to be your friend. A facade may be useful when you're aiming for a specific result, but in everyday life, I find it to turn out as a dissapointment in the end, when people realize the truth.'' It's not like he hadn't dealt with that before. Playing can be fun, but can turn out nasty at times. ''But yes, you're an angel, I get it.'', he'd snort in amusement. Honestly, while he had not seen her as a complete badass or anything, he had never thought of her as completely innocent either. Her face wasn't that spectacularly good.

He would proceed to laugh at her assumption about Hyde. ''You just need to have a way with words. He may be a ditz, but he is capable of listening. It takes precious time, yes, but I'd say I accomplished more with talking than with force so far. Can't say it was utmost pleasurable, but at least I didn't have to draw blood in the end.'', he'd say, sticking his tongue at her. Perhaps she was right. He did understand her kind of approach quicker, but it wouldn't be a challenge otherwise, would it? And when he set out to do something, he sure as hell did finish it. ''....'' He would blink when she just dumped everything into the pile. Eh, really? ''You only die once as well.'', he'd comment, as he studied the cards in his hands and the ones spread out. Well, then. Risk it or not? It could work, but it was all if. Hm. She sure had a risky style of play. ''This went quickly.'', he'd mutter shaking his head, though he would follow up with her actions. ''So, we're playing a simple win or lose now?'' How interesting. Well, at least there wasn't really anything serious at stake here.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:06 pm

She eyes would shift slightly downwards at Sharaku’s words, “Does that mean you’re disappointed?” It’s not like all she thought of herself as was an innocent face and some tendencies of a delinquent. She thought of herself as much more complex than that. Still, that didn’t change how other people saw her. Now that she thought about it, maybe she did come across as two-faced, “I mean, it’s not like my smiles aren’t me. They are… Or maybe they’re who I want to be. I think they’re real, at least. I don’t know anymore.” She would look of into the distance while she thought about it. As a kid, she didn’t smile all that much. There was nothing to smile about. She hadn’t started smiling until about five years ago; probably even less time than that, since it took her a while to get the habit down. Five years was a long time to remember if something you did was for yourself or for something else. She would roll her eyes at her own thoughts, “Nevermind. I hate philosophy and that thought is making my brain hurt. I’m just who I am because I am that way.” In other words: she had no idea.

Naomi would hang her head in shame, “I’m actually really bad with words.” She remembered that she could barely get a sentence across when they first met, “It’s much easier to do things instead of saying them. Besides, I don’t punch that hard. All my strength is in my lower half. If I meant to do any real harm, I would kick his ass instead of knocking sense into him.” Oh how she loved the colorful word game. It was fun. She would give a cocky smile, “That may be true, but it’s more fun to think about the living part than the dead one. I mean, death is death. It’s pretty permanent and sounds kind of boring. I prefer life.” She flipped the last card over, “Besides, we can always play another round. I just wanted to see how far you would go for a hand when you had no idea what I was doing.” She put all of her cards down and showed him that she had three eights and two fives, “I may not be good at poker, but I know this hand is good.” Unless he had something better. Once he reveled his hand, she would shrug, “It’s okay. You probably won anyway.” As if from nowhere, she would begin fanning herself with three cards that she hadn’t had before, [color=#ffcc00] “I told you I was a woman of many talents. I concede that this round is my loss, but I just had to show you that I had some skills.” She would split the Legos up evenly again and reshuffle the deck, “So, how about a fair round this time. I promise, no funny stuff from me.” She hadn’t planned it in the first place. It just sort of happened.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Dissapointed? Why would he? That wasn't what Sharaku had been trying for. Oh well, nothing new under the sun. ''No, not at all. No need to take my words that way.'', he would shake his head. He would lean against the back of the couch, thinking about her next words for a while, before leaning forwards and attempting to flick her forehead. ''As long as you don't push it, I think it's fine. It's not easy to understand yourself. Just do what you think is right, and perhaps it'll work out one day. Can't please everyone.'', he would laugh faintly. ''Thinking is supposed to be good for the brain, however.'', he'd add in a comment, before settling on the couch more comfortably.

When she admitted to being bad with words, he would scratch at the back of his head almost sheepishly. ''Well, I think there are plenty that are worse than you, to be honest.'' At least in a sense. he usually understood what she was on about, unlike at least two other people he knew who had a knack for confusing him without even really trying. ''Besides, they say 'Actions speak louder than words' right? I suppose at times it works. Everyone's good at something else. I think I personally would abstain from trying to kick someone's ass. Even though, I guess he does deserve it at times.'' He probably wouldn't beat up Hyde just like that, but there was no denying that the readhead did ask for it at times with his actions. He was just nice enough to not explode on him physically. ''Life can be boring too. Depends on the perspective.'', he'd say, tapping his cards against the nearest surface. ''Ah, so you wanted to see if I'd go for the risk? Interesting play.'' Well, at least he now knew what her deal was. Putting in all you have on one hand is a bold play...unless you happen to have a Royal Flush, that is. Then, you're pretty much winning no matter what. ''Still, not bad, you have a Full House. That is pretty high there, yes.'', he'd smile amusedly. He'd show her his cards, seeing as he had a Four of a kind with 6's. Either way, she could still have beaten him, so he had been risking by following her. Then again, who cared about legos? ''Funny stuff? I think we were still in the limit anyway. It's not as if we're playing strip poker or anything.'', he would chuckle weakly, fiddling with one card thoughtfully. ''But sure, we can play again.''
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:05 pm

She quickly moved to rub the spot on her forehead that he had flicked. She would give a small pout before speaking, “What was that for?” It didn’t hurt, but it was a surprise. Didn’t he just say he was the type to use words instead of violence? This was definitely not a finely crafted sentence. What he said afterwards was, however. He was actually pretty good with words. Still, it was kind of cheesy for coming from Sharaku. She would actually laugh, “I didn’t know you had a motivational speech deep inside of you.” She didn’t mean it in a rude way. It actually made her glad to hear someone say it. She just never expected it from him.

She shrugged, “My mom and I never really needed words. It’s been just us in one house for so long that we learned to talk without really saying anything. Mostly, it’s just a bunch of bad jokes since neither of us has a sense of humor. For us, actions mean more than words ever could.” Plus, her mom had little faith in words alone, and Namoi had picked up that habit. She wanted to trust words, but she knew they weren’t certain, “Even when life is boring, it’s still exciting. Well, at least it’s not nothing. Death would be the equivalent of nothing. I guess if you have nothingness you can’t tell what’s boring and what’s exciting, but still…” And her brain was hurting again. What was she even saying anymore? Her mouth would actually gape wide when Sharaku showed his cards, “I went easy on you because I didn’t think you’d get a hand that good. Next time I’m just sticking all the aces in my hand.” Even though she said she wouldn’t cheat, “You’re going down this time.” She shuffled the deck again and dealt the cards. She flipped over the first one, “Bring it on.” This was for her pride. She threw in two reds and a green.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Her reaction was sort of funny. Sharaku would laugh lowly, giving her a smug grin. ''For my amusement? I just felt like doing it.'' That was mostly true. He usually didn't think such small actions through before doing them, so there wasn't really some inetersting underlying purpose when he went and did any of the like. She could pout all she wanted, but that was that. ''You don't know a lot about me.'', he'd counter, almost sheepishly when she called him out on giving a motivational speech. He had just said what he thought, but that could work as well. Perhaps he could be confusing, but that was what made life entertaining, right?

He would hum faintly when she spoke of herself and her mom. ''Well, good for you, no? At least it seems you get along. I only have a cat to even attempt talking to..or maybe my walls.'', he'd huff in amusement. He didn't truly feel down about that. He could appreciate not having anyone to disturb him all the time. Yet, it did admittably get a little boring from time to time. What can you do, however? You can't have both. ''What is the definition of nothing then?'', he'd ask, sort of a rhetorical question. He didn't expect Naomi to really answer, seeing as she seemed to get puzzled with these philosophical discussions. When she commented on him winning, he would raise an eyebrow mildly...when he realized what she had been implying, it would turn into a light frown. ''Wait a moment. How does cheating even justify anything? That kind of makes it no fun.'' Of course, he could just attempt to cheat himself to even the score, but what was the point in that when you were playing just for the sake of playing? Sure, he had still won, but he didn't really like this kind of game. He had his own ego, yes, but he wasn't truly partial to resorting to tricks like that, when the actual game wasn't supposed to be about it. It always felt better to win fair and square. He wasn't about to play yet, being sort of out of the loop at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:33 am

She looked at him with wide eyes, “If I don’t know that much about you, I should learn. What other secrets is Sharaku hiding away?” She would ask the last question, pretending to be a news reporter all the while, “Please, sir, the world is dying to know just what else goes on inside that head of yours.” And by the world, she meant herself. It was a joke, and she hoped he would get it, “Well, the walls to have eyes, so maybe they have ears too.” In that case, the walls could listen to him. “Nothing is nothing? Actually, is nothing nothing and therefore is something?” That was the only thing she knew what to say. What else was nothing except nothing? This is why she wasn’t very good at philosophical questions. She couldn’t think of it that way. She would roll her eyes at him, “I only cheated because you said you wanted to see my talents. Cheating is no fun, otherwise. What’s the point of playing a game of wit when you know your hand is going to win? It’s boring that way.” In other words, she only did it to prove that she could do something besides smile, “Besides, you didn’t see my hands move to grab the cards, did you? That’s the talent I was talking about. I have fancy hands.” She’d take off her jacket and throw it to the side. Now she was without sleeves and had nowhere to hide any cards, “See, I’ll even put it all to the side so you know I’m not hiding anything. We good?” She wanted him to know she didn’t usually cheat. She just wanted to prove she could do something.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:32 am

Erm. What was he supposed to tell her? It wasn't like Sharaku knew what classified as a secret in Naomi's mind. ''Magnificent. However, I'm not sure you'd want to know just what exactly goes through my mind.'' Things like those were hard to put into actual words. ''You'd be better off asking something specific. Maybe I'll surprise you. Or we can play 20 questions. I don't know.'', he would shrug lightly. He honestly had no idea what was she aiming for. Unless she asked exact questions, he didn't know what to say. He wasn't about to go and start spouting some nonsense.

''But they don't talk back. So the point is kind of moot. I can just talk to the air then, whether it actually listens or not.'' So what if walls had ears. When you're not getting a response, does it even matter whether they can hear what you're saying or not? The result is the same. Silence. ''So, all in all, it's a type of thing then.'' He was sort fo lazy to follow the thought process she was putting up. Truthfully, he wasn't interested in it either. Not really. When she explained her cheating, he would give her a deadpan look. Well, good to know. ''Honestly, I wasn't even paying too much attention to your hands, so I can't tell for sure.'' Maybe he should have, but he had not expected her to be doing stuff. When did card games get this complicated? ''I'll take it though.'' He wasn't looking to argue, he just wanted to know her reasons, which were a little strange, but good enough for now. He would take a look at his cards, then at her previous bet, and do the same as he had done before with a shrug. ''Do you use that 'talent' of yours often?'', he'd ask meanwhile, just to keep away silence.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 3:59 pm

She had to think for a moment before answering, “Well, it’s not like I want to know everything in your head. I’m interested, but there are some things that you can keep to yourself. I’m not going to make you revel all of your secrets. I was thinking more along the lines of what kind of things do you wonder about or maybe things you dream about. Actually, that may still be too broad. How about just how you got your cat for now. I can’t imagine you brought him with you when you came here, so you must have gotten him recently.” That was what she assumed, at least. She could have been wrong, but it would make sense, at least. Besides, she had told him how she got her cats. Start a campfire and toast some yummy marshmallows because it was story time. She would stop and make a note to herself to make sure she wasn’t losing her mind. Where had she even come up with that analogy.

“Well, the only way to get a response in a language you understand is to talk to another living creature that speaks English… or Japanese and whatever your native language is. But you said you live alone, so I assume you’d have to find someone to talk to. Unless you understand cat.” She would look over at Yuki who was still curled up next to Sharaku, “They’re weird, but they listen. They are very compassionate towards their owners and they will try to help you. They can’t give you advice though.” She would laugh, “Well, I hope you weren’t looking at my hands. If you were looking, it would have been harder to pull off. Instead, I just move fast and play with sleight of hand.” That short time she had wanted to be a magician was paying off. Although, that isn’t why she learned in the first place. She would shrug when he asked if she used her talent often, “Depends. I don’t use it to cheat, except in special situations. I mostly learned how to do it because it seemed useful.” That was a long story in and of itself, “I admit I didn’t learn to do it for the most noble of reasons, but I’ve found it helps out nowadays. Mostly, I use it to get things done faster. Speedy hands make light work.” And it was the reason she could throw her boomerang so many times in a fight. If only it came back faster.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Her little speech made him blink a few times. On the other hand, he would stay quiet about that, since he was actually rather glad he did not have to speak about stuff like wonders and dreams. That would be a fail subject, no matter how much he looked at it. And he doubted she would be satisfied had he given her more silence than anything else in that case. Simply put, she probably did good when she shoved that under the carpet immediately. He was no good when it came to themes like those. ''Ahem, yes, well, you're right on that one. I didn't bring him with me.'', he would chuckle slightly. He still had no idea how that all happened, to be honest. He hadn't been planning on having a cat originally, but somehow it got to that. ''This one is actually somewhat ridiculous, but since you asked...Well, it started when I was just minding my business outside one day, and somehow ended up getting roped into going to the circus with Hyde, Shunnosuke and one other guy you don't know...Don't ask how, not even I know. Point is, that I probably must have looked interested in the felines they had there or something, since one of the two you know had decided to get me a cat as a gift a short time later. I'm not sure about the logic in it, but so it goes. Care to guess which one it was?'', he'd explain, posing her a question to ponder about as well. She sure knew how to pick a story that was kind of lame..at least, he had a feeling it was a bit weird compared to hers. Ah well, that's life.

''The third's Portuguese. But yes, logically, I have to find people to talk to. However, I usually don't mind silence too much. I'd like to learn to speak cat, though. I think it'd be interesting.'' He'd follow her gaze to the white cat. ''I usually get more trouble than help from them, but I can live with that too.'', he would smile lightly, as he attempted to pet the curled up cat. Hopefully she wouldn't run a way this time around. ''Well, lucky you. I hadn't really been thinking about hands while we played.'' Even then, he had no idea whether he'd have noticed or not. Perhaps in case he had focused on her specifically, but that'd be sort of boring to do for the whole game. ''Interesting. Remind me to not get on your bad side then. I'd rather not attempt dodging a fast punch, even though I possibly could.'', he would comment offhandedly. Perhaps that was why Hyde got hit square twice? Either that, or he was just trying to look tough by taking it. Honestly, with the redhead, it was often hard to tell. He wasn't even really focusing on the game right now. More like playing with his cards a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories (Sharaku)   Fond Memories (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fond Memories (Sharaku)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next