Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] Empty
PostSubject: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:08 pm

...Such a painful reminder that Penecia tended to be crowded with tourists most of the time. One reason why Sharaku prefered to generally avoid this kind of activity. However, it was actually kind of cold outside today, and he did not in any way want to end up freezing out there. Blame him for forgetting to wear anything on top of his white shirt. A lack of coat did not go along with today's weather too much, to be completely honest. As much as he could withstand a bit of cold, enough is enough.

That said, the circumistance brought him to wander about into a local café, only to frown at the amount of people there. Yet, he didn't want to stay outside in the cold. Oh well. It took him a while, but he somehow managed to find a table that was still empty for now, unlike almost all others. He wasn't sure whether he wanted to order anything, but even if so, it seemed he'd have plenty of time to think about it still. With so many people around, it didn't seem a waiter was coming around anytime soon.

In fact, after certain amount of time passed by, he ended up tossing a silver coin up and down with one hand, just to focus on something meanwhile....Eh, maybe he shouldn't have sat alone. Nor had anyone come by yet. Then again...it was still better than being out in the cool weather. 'Um, Dois, Três, Quatro, Cinco, Seis...'
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 5:19 am

Mahavari walked down Penecia's crowded streets casually. The sting from the cold air that shot by in gusts seemed to pierce through his dark grey scarf and black peacoat.  He held his hands in the pockets of his coat looking down so that the scarf was covering some of his face. Sure it wasn't as freezing as he was dressed for but he was still adjusting to the colder climates around the island.  He was suddenly regretting giving into the impulse to tour the island as he had done the last  few days. Today seemed much colder than the last few days.  Mahavari shivered some feeling the wind brush against his back.

As he walked down the street his attention turned to the tantalizing aroma of the cafe he was next to. The smell of rich coffee and baked treats filled the air. He hadn't noticed it until now. He was lost in thought and an internal monologue scolding himself for having to endure the cold.  He looked up and turned his head towards the sign frowning slightly as another gust brushed by, taking advantage of his now exposed flesh.  The prospect of a warm beverage was appealing, and it'd at the very least allow him to warm up while he finished it inside, so he pulled on the glass door and walked in letting it shut behind him.

At first Mahavari walked just far enough in that he wasn't barring the door and stopped letting his eyes scan the room. He could immediately feel the heater working inside the cafe. It was rather refreshing, the goosebumps hidden under his clothes began to disappear as he warmed up. It seemed busy today. Mahavari wondered if it was always this crowded. It took a moment to get over the discomfort of having so many people around. He didn't like crowds and the roar of several conversations that made the ambiance was a bit much for the boy.  Still he made the decision to walk in, so he felt obligated to go through with it and began to hunt down a table.  After a few minutes he spotted a smaller table that was next to another man tossing a silver coin.  Mahavari gave a small grin at his own triumph in finding an open table.

It took a while for him to make an order as he indecisively perused over the menu. He now sat at the table his peacoat hung over the back of the chair with his scarf folded over it. Mahavari definitely looked like a student or someone coming from some formal event. He wore dark grey slacks with a matching collared button up shirt exposed save for the black formal vest that layered over it.  It was a strange fashion style  but Mahavari liked that it looked professional and stylish. It made him easily identified at the school since he wore the same fashion often.

He waited for sometime for his order allowing time for his near cerulean colored eyes to take in the scenery around him. Well as much as he could without having to move his hair out his eyes. Though he didn't intend to eavesdrop on his neighbor at the cafe as he filtered the ambient noise around him, he unintentionally found himself counting in Spanish under his breath just loud enough to be overheard by the man tossing the coin and counting aloud to himself.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:59 am

The action of tossing an object up and down was rather monotonne, due to which, Sharaku was honestly too lost in random thoughts to pay attention to what was going on around him. Unless someone called onto him, that is. At first, he hadn't even noticed the younger man that had sat nearby some time after his own arrival. He was obviously a bit too busy doing what he was doing. Besides, it wasn't as if he needed to pay attention when there wasn't anyone seeking it, right? At one point in the near past, he may have been interested in observing other people as a means to pass time, but by now it wasn't something he neccesarily felt compelled to do without having some sort of initiative for the action. The more often you do something, the less entertaining it starts to become.

However, as much as he did not pay mind to the usual noises around him, a foreign sounding set of words would catch his attention, because that was simply not what you hear everyday. Not in a place where people speak English normally. Catching the coin in his hand, he would turn to look at the source.

A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] Tumblr_mozw22olXg1r7ribdo3_250
(Ignore the cigarette and little off details, but it fit well enough, so I had to xD)

For a moment, he would just gaze at the bluish eyed man, trying to process what he just heard. It didn't take him long to figure the language out, and while he was somewhat familiar with Spanish and could perhaps understand it a little, it stayed at that. He had never really entertained the idea of actually learning the language, even if it was quite similar to his own...and easy if he wanted to. Still, that didn't mean he did not find this interesting. Definitely more so than playing with a piece of silver. There was probably a bit more time to spend waiting anyway. ''Hello, mister. If you don't mind me asking, what language is it that you're speaking?'', he'd speak up to the other in his usual polite manner, as he leaned his elbows against the table keeping turned in a direction towards the other. Sure, he knew the answer already, but it was a good way to start. That, and he couldn't think of anything else to say to a stranger. Might as well start with the thing that gained his interest in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:05 am

Mahavari was still waiting on his order completely lost in his own world. His mind was better conversationalist than most of the very seldom few he communed with anyways. No need to wear a mask when it's just you in the room. Still has he seemed lost in thought his mouth was still murmuring the numbers in Spanish unintentionally. For a split moment in his thoughts his brows slanted as if he were upset but the thought was wiped clear the moment the man at the table next to him caught his coin and looked over at him. After hearing the mans question Mahavari's eyes widened with shock as he suddenly realized what he had been doing. He fumbled to make actual words through his surprise at first and finally managed to reply, "I'm...I'm sorry I didn't mean offend!" Mahavari put his hands up defensively waving them slightly to as if to dismiss the subjt. "I sorta zoned out for a second and I heard you counting in Spanish sooo." Mahavari smiled shyly in an gesture hoping to calm any assumed offense. After overcoming his starled behavior, Mahavari cleared his throat some regaining composure. "I'm sorry that came out wrong. I'm Tykal Mahavari. Though I go my Mahavari and you are?"

This was the most he had spoken to someone outside of school since he got here. He always kept things short and closed off so he didn't have to get in awkward situations like these. At school he ate alone, he spoke to the teacher, and even in his clubs, fencing being the most active one, he only said things like "En Garde" and general verbal expressions of gratitude. A few students tried to talk to him but he would simply nod or reply as usual. He had adjusted in yet anyways, like he had time to nurture a friendship before he could read everyone. The whole goal was to read people and adjust to fit in. So far the results were going... decent. So far at school most of the student who did mention him describe him as just being shy and the vibe he gave off made it clear that he needed some space. And yet, here he was having the first real conversation with someone he probably just insulted.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 12:57 pm

This kept happening unusually often lately. People apologizing to him either before he actually even spoke, or right after he did. Sharaku was starting to feel a bit confused by this. Hadn't he only asked a simple question..? What in the world in that one sentence suggested he was in any way offended? Can't a person even address another without the said receiver assuming there was some unpleasant reason behind it? Sure, caution was always in place, but he never really understood the point of apologizing before it was evident that the person in question was offended for real, or it was a situation where an apology was adequate by base.

''Don't worry, it's not a big deal at all. I don't believe there's a reason for me to get offended.'', he'd respond after a moment of considering it, giving the younger man a lighthearted smile. While he found the reaction amusing for a brief moment, he had no need to let the other possibly flail about this more, had he not clarified. ''On another note, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Mahavari. I'm Sharaku Rikei.'', he'd introduce himself in return, leaning over to offer his companion a handshake. He prefered bowing when it came to manners, but you can't do that when sitting, can you? Whether the other accepted or not, he would pull back eventually, his golden eyes closing for a short moment, before opening again to look at the young man again. ''Also, just to put it out there, I wasn't counting in Spanish. That was Portuguese. I admit the two are similar, however.'', he'd correct, in a faintly amused tone, doing his best to make it obvious that he wasn't bothered in any way or form. He wasn't really interested in hearing more apologies for no relevant reason.
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 6:52 am

Mahavari sighed as a rush of relief came visibly over him. He had just got here and it was far too early to be making enemies. What was worse was this was an enemy he couldn't even make use of as he had no ties to the school.  At least if he was at the school he'd be able to strengthen relationships with other students who had negative feelings towards Sharaku, but alas...

When Sharaku introduced himself and the tension disappeared, Mahavari gave an enthusiastic nod and shook his hand formally. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Though please just call me Mahavari. The mister part sounds a bit strange." Mahavari's words were very kindhearted and spoken in a formal matter. Clearly not the natural accent for this area but no where near the accent you would image him to have with a name like Mahavari.  The simple explanation for this fact is the areas where he was shipped away to school. His culture was merely a mixture of the foreign areas he resided in for so long. If it weren't for his own intervention he wouldn't even be here now he'd probably be off in the west at some fancy prep school.  Probably one of the hardest endeavors he put himself through was creating a mask to wear when facing his parents. The facade that would allow him to accept their roles in his life as anything more than an obstacle that seemed to force their desires onto him. An assimilation that he reluctantly found himself in.

Mahavari tilted his head in intrigue when he was educated on the fact that Sharaku was speaking Portuguese rather than Spanish. "Ah, I had no idea. I don't know much Spanish to be honest. Bits and pieces and enough to theoretically order food from a menu and find out where the bathroom is. " He chuckled slightly at the fact. It was funny. He wanted to learn French but instead was forced into learning Spanish which he did just well enough in to satisfy his family out of spite.  "You don't look like your from that part of the world, may I ask where you're from?"  It took until after he inquired about Sharaku's origin that he came to the fact that in it's self could be too personal a question. He fought the urge to apologize immediately. So he figured he'd share to balance out the scales a bit. "I sorta... bounce around from country to country. My parents are so obsessed about me going to 'only the best schools' but I'm originally from India. Despite my parents being Australian. I know confusing right?" Mahavari gave another kindhearted smile turning as the waitress brought him his order. A still steaming mug of hot chocolate. The smell was save for a better word divine. He didn't normally eat many sweets but something about hot chocolate on a cold day seemed more than appropriate. He nodded and smiled at the waitress replying with a simple, "Thank you"

Turning his attention back to Sharaku he found himself enjoying the mans company. He was becoming lost in the ability to make smalltalk, something so unimportant yet... somehow not having done it so long felt good to finally accomplish.  "So do you eat here often? i'm not going to regret ordering this am I?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 5:05 pm

From the looks of it, it appeared that it had worked, seeing as his companion wasn't attempting to apologize anymore. Not that such an occurence was a normal thing, but Sharaku had already met people that attempted to say sorry several times, even after he had said it wasn't neccesary. To the point, that he hadn't even been sure what was it that they were actually sorry for. In those cases, it might even be better to label it as everything.

''Very well, if that is what you wish.'', he'd nod lightly in return at the younger man's request, though he did find it a little strange still. Unusual name aside, he rarely met people that prefered to be called by their last name. Not that he was in any way bothered by it, and he could remember that small fact for the future if he put his mind onto it, but he was more used to calling others' by their first name and all. On the other hand, he could adjust for this once. It wasn't going to kill him, and it wasn't an inappropriate request, just something he'll have to make sure to keep in mind, in case he met Mahavari in the future.

It was a bit unexpected to hear that his companion spoke little Spanish. Sharaku would have figured that the other had more knowledge if he actually started speaking it when zoning out. ''I see. Is Spanish hard? I believe I could understand it fairly well if I put my mind to it, but I can't say I've ever tried speaking it.'', he'd respond casually, in a laidback manner, posing a question as well. He was somewhat curious. Honestly, he doubted he could attempt to correctly speak Spanish without at least looking into it briefly, though he probably could comprehend well enough if someone spoke to him in the language. That is, they'd better not expect him to respond in the same manner. While the next question had taken him aback...on second thought, it was a valid one. He couldn't deny he most likely didn't look it. Honestly, he probably didn't really look like he was from somewhere exactly. Unless there were people with gray skin aside from him which he seriously doubted.

He would let Mahavari explain himself first, wearing a faintly amused smile as he did so, before speaking up himself. ''Maybe. But I've heard things more confusing than that before.'', he'd shake his head slightly with an amused huff. ''On that note, I might not exactly look it, but I am from Portugal. Though, I have lived in Japan as well before coming here. Not sure whether looks can really tell where you're from, unless you're a complete stereotype which may not always be the prettiest there is.'', he'd say, as he tapped his fingers against the table thoughtfully for a moment, before speaking up again while his companion was getting his order. ''Não há bela sem senão.'' His tone would be obviously fairly amused, though he doubted the younger man would understand what he had said, and his accent wouldn't help matters either. While he made sure to speak English as it was, you can't get rid of an accent in your native language easily. Not that he had ever tried. Be it as it may, he was always up for confusing people that didn't understand Portuguese. Not in a bad way, however. He wouldn't insult someone unless they gave him a very good reason for it.

Blinking a few times, Sharaku would give Mahavari a somewhat contemplative stare when a question about the beverages was posed. How to answer that...? Ah, well. He would give the younger a fleeting smile. ''I'm afraid I do not. Seeing as I live on my own, I prefer to just make it myself. I'm mostly here because of the cold. Blame me for forgetting my suit jacket.'', he would say, resting his chin on one hand as he did so. ''But, this is the expensive part of the region. Many tourists come here to visit the amusement park as well. I doubt they'd have bad standards, so you should be fine. As far as I know, that is.'', he'd finally answer the main point of the question, keeping his gaze languidly on the other. Seeing as he had nothing better to do while hanging around this place, he wasn't against some small talk for a while.
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Is speaking Spanish hard? Mahavari took a moment to think about it. It wasn't as if the language itself was hard to learn but he would make excuses and say it was. The only real reason he wasn't fluent in it was because it was a language he had no interest in learning. He was forced to learn the language by his parents and even then they only wanted it as an extra class in his record. So out of spite he merely passed the class at just the line of an acceptable grade for someone of his status. Retaining the knowledge was something else entirely. He forgot most of it and decided to instead focus more on his other classes. "N...Not really no. If you can speak English fluently than Spanish is pretty easy. I'm sure you could pick it up if you tried."

He was relieved at how well his origins were downplayed by his new acquaintance. Explaining exactly where he had been and the all the small details that brought his family to where they were and how they acted as puppet masters in his life was a tedious chore. The more he explained it the more confusing it became. It also helped that Sharaku wasn't a stereotype and didn't at all seem like what Mahavari pictured someone from Portugal to seem like. Though he had a good point. The question about Mahavari's name and his origin came up a lot in introductions and casual conversation seemingly everywhere he went. He didn't at all look Indian. He didn't even have a tan or the familiar accent. It felt kinda good not to be a stereotype.

While he was getting his order Sharaku said something he didn't catch. He assumed it was Portuguese but he didn't understand any of it. He decided not to pry, obviously Sharaku said it in a different language to either show off or because it was a verbal comment he didn't want Mahavari knowing. When Mahavari asked about the beverage it would seem it caught Sharaku somewhat off guard. Mahavari mimicked the confused look on Sharaku's blinking face. Did he ask something odd? He was answered with a similar motive for being here and a bit more info than was asked. Still the fact that this was a tourist cafe explained the large sum of people and ensured at least a decent hot chocolate. Mahavari took a small sip cautiously. "It's..." he took a moment to think of the words. It was a nice quality hot chocolate. Not the the kind he had in the last town he lived in though. Apparently that was the standard he broke all hot chocolates against. It was after all 'the best place to get one'. Mahavari sat his cup down and gave a relieved sigh. The warm the liquid settling well on his stomach giving him a nice cozy feeling. "It's actually pretty good, not the best sure, but no one makes hot chocolates like they do back home."

Mahavari folded his fingers on the table turning so that he was completely facing his friend. He could feel the warmth from the steam rising from his cup just under his chin as it rest on the table. "You forgot you jacket? In this weather? It's pretty cold ya know." Mahavari couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the guy. He looked outside at the well lit street from the sun being in the sky. Depending on how late Sharaku stayed at the dinner it'd only get colder as the day went on. This time of year didn't afford much sunlight either. "Well if you live on your own I'm assuming you're a functioning adult. I can see how this place would be a bit expensive." he spoke lightly with a warm smile, "I tell you what. Since you've afforded me with pleasant conversation and it IS a bit cold, why don't I order you one too. The hot chocolates not too bad and it'll help warm you up quicker." Mahavari seemed to have a triumphant smile when he suggested it. And he was enjoying himself, there were no students or social ties he had to really worry about he could relax and be himself here. That alone was worthy of a reward. That and he didn't want to chase off the grey-skinned man that was entertaining him.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Interesting. If he was to include his own opinion, Sharaku wouldn't have said English and Spanish were that similar. He spoke English fluently by now, yes, and he had heard a bit of Spanish here and there. Unless his brain just wasn't making a connection, he didn't think there was much similarity between the two. On the other hand, it wasn't a big deal. He knew he could learn easily if he tried, for different reasons. Still, they keyword here was try, and that was unlikely to happen. He had no motivation to do so. He could get by well enough with the three languages he knew so far. Why bother with more? ''Alas, I doubt I'd get myself to try.'', he'd comment with a bit of amusement, but note expand any more.

Seeing as the response to his next words was minimal at first, he would simple wait as the younger man decided to try the beverage out. He knew he hadn't given much information on that, but he really didn't visit these places often. It just held no meaning for him. He could get a drink elsewhere too, and he prefered moving about to sitting duck somewhere. Sadly, the combination of being forgetful today and the not so compromising weather made a decision for him on this particular occasion. And he could live with that. Going out of his way once in a while wasn't going to kill him when it was something as simple as this. When Mahavari concluded that the chocolate was good enough, he would only give a faint smile, not speaking up. There wasn't anything to say to that. It was pretty much everyone's personal opinion when it case to taste.

Soon he was getting questioned about his little misstep, and he had to resist the sudden urge to snort at that. Yes, it was stupid, and he'd admit that. While he could stand a bit of cold, he sure didn't find it to be pleasing. ''I was apparently too preoccupied to notice until it was too late.'', he would state, in a fairly laidback manner, seemingly not actually bothered with the fact that it happened. Sure, a setback it was, but it was inferior to all the things that could possibly happen to him. Who cares about the jacket anyway? However, when the next set of words came, he did end up actually making an amused sound. That wasn't what he had been implying by saying this part of the region was expensive. He'd take it though. ''I believe I do function, yes.'', he would quip, somewhat sarcastically. ''Though, I was more so talking in general. I don't mind the costs. If I did, I wouldn't be living in this place and hightail to a less expensive part of the region.'', he would add, this time in a casual tone, before giving a fleeting roll of his eyes. ''I appreciate that, and you can, but just in case, I'll be paying either way. Nothing wrong with the suggestion, but I prefer to not take free offers from anyone. Point taken, however.'', he'd say, tapping his fingers against the table as he did so. Hopefully, the younger man wouldn't take that personally. He'd keep the fact in mind, but he was still not about to accept being paid for easily. It was a hard task to convince him to take so when he set his mind on the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 6:43 am

Mahavari looked bewildered at Sharaku's reaction to his answer concerning the ease of learning Spanish. It wasn't what he expecting at all. Why would he ask if it were easy to learn then express that he had no intent on trying. The idea was foreign to someone like Mahavari, someone who spent so much effort educating himself and building tolerance to things he despised just for the sake of having a tool to converse with. One such example happened just recently concerning a rather friendly student who seemed to have a passion for Kung Fu movies. He had asked Mahavari if he had seen any. Naturally he had humored one or two but the genre itself was completely tasteless. In truth Mahavari hated the genre, it was cliche, poorly written, and predictable. Though Mahavari wanted friends, he yearned for a social connection. So over the next few days he researched and spent hours watching them reluctantly. When the student approached him again Mahavari had everything from the actors, special effects, list of popular ones, and the one's universally thought poor, to the storylines of enough to genre to convince the student they had a similar passion and could use that as a base to build a friendly relationship off of. Mahavari found himself at a loss for any other words than a simple, "I see."

This situation was different. Here at the cafe, there were no students, no one he had an obligation to be in close proximity to unless he chose to be. That level of dedicated effort to win people over wasn't used here. Mahavari was acting more like his normal self than the visage he wore around others. Perhaps he should've curbed his behavior some. His verbal observations about Sharaku seemed to offend him at some level. His sarcastic tone and roll of his eyes. It took another now visual swallowing of his impulse to apologize. It had never occured to Mahavari that he sounded as if he were insinuating that Sharaku was hard on cash or failing at life in the adult world. "I...uhhh... I'm..." The words staggered behind his tongue has he felt the need to apologize.

Sharaku declined Mahavari's offer to pay for his beverage but at least he did so graciously and making a point to note Mahavari's attempt at nicety. That was something rather rare. Especially given circumstances. Mahavari gave a slight grin when Sharaku noted his independence and dislike of others gifting him anything. It was a shared aspect between the two. Mahavari hated hand outs. It made him feel as if someone took pity on him when he required none. This new shift in attitude offered a chance to change the subject. "So uhhh... I'm still pretty new to the town, what's fun to do around here? You seem like a pretty cool guy. Any suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:07 am

Getting such a simple answer, Sharaku would look at Mahavari thoughtfully for a short moment. It wasn't that he minded conversing about languages, but he didn't see the need to drag it out. Not when his companion had stated that he wasn't too good at Spanish in the first place. He would shrug lightly. ''I'd say I don't have the need to. Besides, you yourself don't seem to be very interested in it.'' Sort of an excuse, but he doubted he'd get by with Spanish here in Azores even if he took the liberty of learning it. So, what for?

...When the younger man appeared to be suddenly at a loss of words, Sharaku would at first give him a confused look. Had he said something...? He had to take a few moments to think over his previous words. Ah. With a light sigh, he would shake his head briefly. ''Don't take my words too seriously. I was just saying. I tend to be a bit cynical at times, apparently.'', he'd state in a calm tone. He realized that he had probably stomped over the other by turning his words around, but he didn't neccesarily do that on purpose. It simply happened. He wasn't fan of thinking thoroughly before saying something.

He would give a faint smile in return to the grin he received for his declination, stopping to think when Mahavari asked another question. Entertainment, right. That wasn't something he sought out often. Hm. He would run a hand through his hair in contemplation. ''Well, that would depend on where exactly.'', he'd respond, ''But, if we talk about Penecia here...Perhaps the amusement park, or the circus. There's also a night club if you're interested in such. Just be aware that this part is rather pricey. There are plenty things on other islands as well. I can't say what you'd like.'' He'd attempt at giving a quick rundown. Unless his companion asked him, he wasn't about to list places on other islands, since that would take a while. That aside, he had no idea what the younger man was aiming for.
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:45 am

What was Mahavari doing? Every time he opened his mouth, he either felt a need to apologize or the urge to place the facade he wore around campus. Sharaku admitted he was being cynical. If only he knew who he was talking to. Mahavari worked so hard to change himself for everyone around him that he, himself, was the one becoming cynical towards everything. Even now he thought the small talk tedious but it was at least providing entertainment and a semblance of normality. Sure he wanted the good feeling of companionship and understanding from the grey-skinned man. Wasn't that what everyone wanted? It still didn't detour him from viewing the long term outcome pessimistically. Mahavari looked down, "Don't apologize." he seemed lost in a moment of deep thought before continuing, "We all get a bit snippy sometimes. At least you're strong enough to admit it." Those words as a particular sting to Mahavari as he said them. The hypocrisy behind them left a foul taste in his mouth. He wasn't strong enough to admit HE himself had those issues, this sentence alone was only easily spoken thanks to a false bravado and different target.

Sharaku had several suggestions on what to do for fun but they were quickly dismissed as either too crowded, too expensive, or just plain and simply not Mahavari's idea of a fun evening. "Hmmm they sound fun, but not my cup of tea, at least not right now anyways. Let me ask it another way. What do YOU do on your free time? I'm sure a local knows how to spend quality time around this island without coming off as some tourist like I do."

Mahavari took another long sip from his hot chocolate. He was beginning to think small talk was becoming more of a chore. Did he really only care to say so much before the afterglow of a new conversation faded away? The idiot was aware that to make friends he had to talk to them but for whatever strange reason he felt a bit overwhelmed. Perhaps it was all the people in the room. Or maybe it was because this was the first time in a great while he wasn't wearing a mask to hide his core personality. He felt exposed... naked... and it was not comforting.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Funny fact was, that Sharaku's intention hadn't really been to apologize. He wouldn't have commented on it if his companion hadn't seemed disturbed in some way or form. Saying things like sorry each time he said something similar would mean that he'd be doing so too often for comfort. Still, the comment about being strong enough to admit it intrigued him a little bit. Hm. He could understand the concept of the idea, but he wouldn't have thought of applying it to this exact situation. There sure were several things he did not claim aloud, but a good for a good amount of others, such as this one, it simply wasn't worth denying. Better warn people what they might be in for at least somewhat. It was a fact, and one that would eventually get noticed whether he said it himself or not. Sooner or later, depending on the occassion. The point of hiding it was moot when it was bound to get out one way or another. He wasn't known to be too careful with his words when he did feel like caring about the opinion of whoever he was speaking with. It depended largely on his current mood, as well as circumistance. Lately though, he hadn't been making too much effort to be overly nice. Sure, he kept his polite face during the greeting and first words, but there wasn't a guarantee it would last through an extended conversation.

''I don't really see the point of denying something that's obvious enough.'', he'd comment, shrugging lightly. ''At least that way, I can possibly avoid a misunderstanding. That's always a plus. After all, some people just can't be content with anything one does or says.'' Because, honestly? You never know what the person opposite of you prefers. Be a bit aloof, you get called a jerk by someone. Try being nice, some people may think you're attempting to kiss ass. And if you're fairly softspoken, you might as well be a sissy. What's the point then? As much sa he liked to play nice, it got tiring once in a while. Nothing works all the time.

Though, when Mahavari rephrased his question, Sharaku almost blanked out for a moment. That wasn't exactly the best question to ask him specifically. Aside from the fact that he wasn't as much of a local as some, having lived here for only approximately 4 months, he wasn't really the person to go after for suggestions of this kind. Of course, he knew what one could do here, but as to what did he actually do? He doubted walking around counted as a fun activity to waste time with.

A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] Tykiiiii

For several moments, he had no idea as to how to answer that inquiry. Such a dilemma. Well, what gives. ''I'll give you one for the try.'', he would state, giving a faint amused huff. ''But, I'm afraid this way will get you even less of an answer. I can't say...I really do much. And somehow I doubt you'd find wandering around a fun idea. That aside, everyone has their own idea of quality time, no?'', he'd give his sort of useless answer, keeping a nonchalant tone. Ah well. He got asked, he answered. As much as the answer might not be what his companion was looking for. But, what was he to do, make stuff up on the spot? Nor could he talk about the few things he actually did repeatedly, as they were pretty much all related to the supernatural. If it wasn't for that, he was capable of doing literally nothing the whole day, and be perfectly fine. Actively seeking entertainment was very rare for him nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 5:53 am

Mahavari smiled when Sharaku agreed with him. Though, what he said about some people never being satisfied with the way someone acted seemed to hit home. Mahavari was always making a painstaking effort to understand those around him and mimic their interests and preferred manner of socializing. He knew better than anyone that keeping up the rouse of being welcoming and tolerant of everything and everyone was more than a chore. It was like carving the stones and constructing a pyramid by yourself. The concept seemed ideal in theory but in practice it was often more than he could handle.

The face Sharaku made at his follow-up questions was enough to cause Mahavari to chuckle slightly before a miniature well contained laugh. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to throw you off. If I'm asking too many personal questions to tell me. I'll stop." The words contained the feint laughter in his breaths. The man's answer was slightly lackluster. He figured that Sharaku was much more interesting than that but who was he to judge. Walking was pleasant after all. It gave Tykal the time to sort out his stress in deep thought and at times escape into the scenery. Mahavari gave a sympathetic smirk as if he were lost in a fond memory. The long walks in his old town with his only true friend. Moments that were as fun as any party or event, spent in the school garden laughing and turning the soil. He wasn't devoid of quality time at all. Just here in this new town and after he left.... betrayed.... his friend, he had no one to share in those tender moments of pure bliss. He looked back up at Sharaku still wearing that faint smile, "You'd be surprised. I'm not much of a party-goer."

Mahavari finished off his hot chocolate soon after he replied. He remained pretty silent not sure of what to say just enjoying the time spent with someone...anyone at all at this point was a privilege. He opened his mouth to say something before a loud ringing came from his phone in his jacket pocket. He looked a bit surprised at first as he fished out his phone turning to Sharaku and excusing himself before answering.

"Hello?" As he listened to the other end his facial expression changed. His pleasant demeanor turned into concern then annoyance which quickly changed to frustration.

"I see... don't do anything, I'll be right there."

He hung up his phone and placed it back in his jacket readdressing Sharaku. "I'm sorry. That was work. One of our flow- I mean packages is damaged. I'm going to have to go in and try and fix things." He caught himself from completely saying the word flowers. He grabbed his peacoat and scarf dressing himself for the colder weather and walking next to Sharaku extending his hand as Sharaku did for him when they first began to speak. "It was a pleasure meeting you Sharaku. Thanks for helping out a foreigner like myself. Maybe we'll cross paths again soon, I may end up coming here again for their hot chocolates. Make sure you bring a jacket next time though." After his farewell was over he'd leave the cafe heading down the street to rush to his work. He wore a happy grin upon exiting and only until the afterglow faded did he begin to show concern for the subject of the phone call. That Sharaku guy was pretty interesting. Who knew you'd meet someone with grey skin and funny facial expressions in this town?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 8:20 am

Sharaku of the Jester and Tykal of the Moon have established a social link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]   A Flash of Silver [Mahavari] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Flash of Silver [Mahavari]
Page 1 of 1