Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Refilling the pantry [Safi]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nezha

Nezha

Refilling the pantry [Safi] Empty
PostSubject: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:29 am

It was afternoon, when Add was drinking tea while watching some random videos. Usually, he would be drinking coffee. However, he ran out of it and completely forgot to buy some. He liked both, but having coffee at this time was part of his daily routine. The young man just sighed and finished the tea he was drinking. He then took the empty mug to the kitchen a swiftly cleaned it and put it back into its place. /"Since I'm going shopping, might aswell see if I need something else besides coffee."/ He thought as he was searching through the cupboards and refrigerator. Once he was done searching, he took a piece of paper and pencil and wrote down everything he needed. The list was a bit longer than he expected it to be. /"Coffee, more tea, sugar, a variety of spices, some ketchup, apples.. Could throw in some candies, energy drinks and probably a half of loaf of bread wouldn't hurt either.."/ He ran over his list one more time. When he was satisfied with it, he put on his favourite and usual outfit and set off. His destination - The Penecia Island.

Normally, Add would just be alright with going to a local grocery store, but today he felt like going somewhere where they had a bigger variety of items on sale. And Penecia's shopping mall was just the thing. He had his coat's hood with cat ears on, as he was going between different aisles. The shopping cart was half-full when he arrived at the section where they had tea and coffee and other powder-stuff like soy milk. Picking tea wasn't that hard. He grabbed two packs of his favourite one - Earl Grey tea. /"I should try it with milk like British do, sometime.."/ He was pondering as he moved over to nearby shelves with coffee. He quickly found what he needed and put it in the cart. /"I feel like trying something else, though.."/ He thought as he rubbed his chin, deciding. /"Maybe one of these flavoured ones?"/ He reached out for a bag of coffee in one of lower shelves, turning it around, reading what was written on the backside.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:39 am

Living alone is nice and dandy, but there were a few annoying tidbits here and there. Namely having to go shopping, because as awesome as it'd be, you can't cook from air, and Sharaku was not the type to just get fastfood. He couldn't stomach that more than around once a month, if. And sadly, he couldn't send his cat to go shop either. Not that he hated doing it, he just found it a bit of a bore most of the time. There are better ways of spending time than weaving through crowds of people to get a can of something or whatever. Oh well, what can one do. It's not like he had a choice if he wanted to have something to eat.

Refilling the pantry [Safi] Tumblr_inline_ndx91zwmjf1r1qf7z

With a sigh, he found himself in the bigger store nearby, looking around for whatever he needed. He didn't really make a list, considering how he tended to change his mind mid-action most of the time. It was a moot point if he was going to buy something else in the end. Besides, he didn't even know what he was after in the first place. The main goal was simply finding some stuff he could cook from, and maybe some more afterwards. That remained to be seen so far. 'Hm, so perhaps...'

Though, in all honesty, he was more wandering than buying things, but that was nothing out of normal for him. At least he killed some time with this. Eventually, he 'wandered' over to the tea and coffee section. Well, it didn't hurt to look, even though he usually forgot to drink those if he had any. Squinting at the selection, he didn't initially notice the man nearby, as he mumbled under his breath. ''Why is this always so complicated...'' The other would most likely hear him, though whether he'd be able to recognize him if he looked over was in the air. The last time the two of them met was in the dark, and he had been wearing different clothes, as he had switched back to a suit look for now.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 3:03 pm

The coffee Add grabbed seemed to be vanilla flavoured. /"Doesn't seem that bad. The ingredients seem decent enough, aswell.. Perhaps they have some different flavours, too?"/ Just as he was about to check if his thoughts were correct, he was somehwat interrupted. He heard a fairly quiet, yet familiar voice beside him. Obviously, Add couldn't have possibly seen the other man coming, as he had his hood on. Plus, he was far more concetrated on the coffee then on his surroundings. Still, the voice was familiar, and he knew why. The young man had met the other before. During late night, on this island, aswell. /"I believe his name is Sharaku."/

He'd chuckle a little, though. Add himself didn't find choosing that complicated. Well, under certain circumstances it was, but not at the current moment. "Perhaps for you, Sharaku, but not really for me." He'd say loudly enough for the other man to hear him. "Good afternoon, by the way." He'd add quickly afterwards, while reaching out for another bag of coffee from one of higher shelves.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:04 am

Still vaguely squinting at the selections on the shelves, Sharaku was a little startled when someone next to him addressed him. He had not been paying much attention up until that moment. Turning his head towards the other, he would give a slightly confused look for a moment, until he figured it out. Sure, he didn't forget people easily, but it still took a moment to place someone at times. Mainly if it was a person he did not meet regularly. ''Good afternoon to you too.'', he would give Add a faint smile after eventually responding.

''And yes, perhaps so.'', he'd throw back at the initial comment afterwards, looking at the shelves briefly. ''Either way, it doesn't really matter. I've never been into coffee that much.'', he'd conclude indifferently a moment or so later. He didn't neccesarilly care whether he actually chose something or not. Looking around, yes, but he was not serious enough about coffee to be bothered by such a small problem. He didn't need it, so it was all just a maybe.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 5:29 pm

The coffee the young man reached out for was strawberry flavoured. Add wasn't that big fan of fruit to buy such coffee. Sharaku responded firstly with greeting, then adding his own opinion on coffee. Everybody has their opinions and Add was alright with it. Add wasn't big fan of coffee before, nor he exactly is. Yes, he does drink it often, he quite enjoys drinking it. However, there is a certain  background story to it. And since he drinks it, he learned few things along the way and the skill how to pick good coffee along with it. "I wouldn't be into coffee either, if... if...." His voice broke.

Add wouldn't have continued either way. But he didn't expect his voice to crack like this. He could feel his hands shaking madly. He gripped the coffee bag in his right hand more forcibly, almost enough to pop it open. He clenched his left hand into a fist in a desperate attempt to not lose himself. The young man took a few deep breaths. After few moments that seemed like hours he felt himself calm down bit by bit. Add didn't care how many people were looking, if any. He would turn around and throw the coffee bag into the shopping cart, before he could destroy it and lightly lean on the rack, making sure he wouldn't cause any damage. "That was close... So fucking close..." He would sigh as he put his right hand on his forehead.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 3:17 pm

While Sharaku hadn't intended to get an explanation as to why was Add into coffee, he wasn't going to voice it. If the other felt like offering a reason, be it. He doubted knowing it would change anything....until the sentence halted midway all of a sudden. 'What is....?' Now, he was starting to get confused a little. Was something wrong with coffee out of the blue? He wasn't aware of anything. That in mind, he would finally stop giving the sortiment useless glances, turning to face the other man fully this time. Though, he was still not getting it.

Refilling the pantry [Safi] ?c=isi&im=%2F8780%2F85618780%2Fpics%2F3119371783_1_7_n5767Z0V

...Watching the scene, he was none the wiser. It would make more sense had Add acted similarly from the start...but why would he suddenly explode like that? It wasn't as if the coffee changed into a monster or something. If he had a problem with it...why drink it in the first place...? Maybe it was time to give up. He wasn't figuring this out easily. Doing his best to keep a calm face, as he studied the other, who was now leaning against the rack, he would ask. ''Is there something wrong...? I don't think the coffee's done anything.'' He would sigh slightly then. ''Though, it isn't like you even had to try and explain. I wasn't intending to ask for it. Feel free to leave it be. I don't intend to pry into your personal choices afterall.'' Sure, he was probably a little curious, but he knew better than that. It was no good to push it after that kind of reaction, and he knew that well enough when taking himself as an example, even. That, and he doubted Add wanted to make a big scene in a store.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Add slowly lowered his right hand from his forehead, which was covering part of his face. His hands were still shaking a little. However, what Sharaku had said made Add feel a bit better. Especially when he said that he won't pry for information. The hooded man was truly grateful for that. Add then gingerly attempted to stand on his own and was somewhat successful. "I'm afraid that I won't explain anything. I'd rather not talk about it, especially here. I appreciate your understanding, though." He would say only loud enough for Sharaku to hear him, while finally taking a good look at him with his pink eyes.

The young man's vision was slightly wavering, but tried his best to look unaffected. The last thing he wanted was somebody else's pity. He had enough of that in is life already. "I think that I'll slowly make my way to the checkouts. Unless you are going to look for something else so that I would accompany you." It wasn't usual of Add to willingly tag along with somebody, but he felt like he needed the presence of another person he recognizes with him.

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:18 pm

The answer Sharaku recieved wasn't unexpected. He hadn't truly thought he'd get an explanation right here and now, if even. He had posed the question mostly just in case. It wasn't his business after all, and it was fairly obvious it was something Add wasn't enthusiastic to speak about in general. ''I believe that is fine. Some things are better not spoken about, I know that.'', he'd say, waving a hand in the air somewhat dismissively. Whatever it was, it already sounded like something not cut out for a small talk while shopping in the first place.

He would, however give Add a slightly contemplative glance when the man made his next statement. Tag along? Why? Sure, he didn't mind the concept, but wasn't the other feeling not well a while ago? ''Your call.'', he would smile faintly. ''I don't mind the company if you're sure you feel up to it.'', he'd give the approval, at Add's own decision. He couldn't know the man's condition afterall. Speaking of going, however..did he even need anything else? 'Hmmm...' He took a momentary glance at the currently forgotten coffee section, deciding to 'screw' that for now. Perhaps...''I suppose there are a few more things I could use. Now, where were the fish again....'', he would conclude, the second sentence more of a mutter to himself, though it was audible enough to be heard still. How did he always keep forgetting what was where was such a wonder. Oh well.

Moving on
~ Refilling the pantry [Safi] Zodiac-12-pisces-fish-icon ~
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Add nodded at Sharaku's response. For some reason Add felt like he needed somebody's presence and was glad that Sharaku didn't tell him to buzz off."Don't worry. I'll be fine in a bit." He'd say as he put his still shaky hands on his shopping cart. He felt somewhat dizzy, but far from being on verge of fainting. Sharaku then said that he apparently needed to buy a fish. At least, Add assumed it was A fish. He remembered Sharaku saying that he lived on his own, so unless he was stocking for a year, a fish sounded reasonable. Not that it was of any interest to Add. However, his companion seemed to be at a loss, as to where the fish were. Good thing that Add had already shopped here on several occasions, so he knew his way around.

They were currently at coffee, tea and stuff section, so the freezer section was in a bit of a different place. "I've heard you say you need fish, yes? They would be this way, I believe." He'd say somewhat faintly as he pushed the cart with some visible effort. He'd stop at the spot where the shelves ended and connected to the main corridor. The hooded man looked to his left and then his right. He would nod once again. "Over there, far in the back is the freezer section. They should have whatever it is you're looking for there." Add would point with his shaky index finger to his right. "Wanna take the lead, since you're the one shopping at the moment?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:09 pm

....Fine then. Since Add was so determined to hang around, Sharaku wasn't about to stop him. Hopefully, the other was right about being okay, because, this or that, but helping out with something he had no knowledge on was far from being on his 'To do' list today. He'd rather not have more on his hands than he already had, because it was plenty enough in his opinion. At the very least, plenty more than he had expected when he came to this place several months ago. ''Very well, I'll take your word on that.'', he'd say as he went to glance elsewhere.

Soon enough, however, he was brought out of his musing by Add's words. He almost hadn't even realized he had said that last sentence loud enough. Ah well, can do. Though he probably would have remembered on his own after a while. Just because he forgot something that was rather insignificant, didn't mean he wasn't going to remember it. It's just...who has time to keep the location of stuff in a store in mind all the time with everything else that is happening all around. Either way, Add already decided to show, so he might as well take it. ''That so..? Well, allright, might as well.'', he'd say simply, as he made a move to go forward. Honestly, he couldn't care less whether he'd go first or not. They'd get there one way or another, but since the other asked, he had no reason to decline.

~ Later on

Thankfully, even with the store being fairly big, Add's directions were simple enough for him to not get lost which was always a real possibility when it came to him. Even at times when he knew where he was trying to go. Leaning over to inspect the freezers after finding the forementioned place, he'd address the other as he squinted at the selections meanwhile. ''If I may ask, why is it that you chose to tag along instead of going elsewhere? I wouldn't say we know each other well enough for this to be completely without a reason. If you can answer, that is.'', he'd ask, somewhat curious about this whole situation. The two of them had only met once in the past, and he wouldn't even classify that one as a memorable meeting, considering it was so late at night. Well, he hadn't been literally half asleep, but still, it's just not the same as during the day. Not for him, at least. Why would Add rather follow him around, than just walk off to get some rest or whatever if he had been feeling unwell. It just...made little sense to him. Though, if the other decided to not answer this one either, he wouldn't press. He just didn't get the idea of spending random time with a person that is still quite a stranger in such a situation.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:25 pm

The duo arrived at the freezer section without any problems, despite the people and the size of the shop. Add hadn't been in that section yet, but he didn't really need anything from there. On the other hand, though... /"I think that I could use some icecream. And by think I mean that I'm definitely buying a box or two."/ He thought as they walked between freezers that housed all manners of various groceries. It didn't take long for them to find the ones that Sharaku was after. Add looked at his hands. They felt like they were not shaking anymore, but he couldn't be sure.

As Add was standing near Sharaku, who was deciding as to which fish he will eventually buy, he was asked a peculiar question with some relevant and strong arguments. If he had to be honest... He really didn't know. Something compelled him to do so, but he couldn't put his finger on what it could be. "I... I guess I needed to stay with somebody I recognize a while longer, so I would calm down sooner.." Add would say only loud enough for Sharaku to hear after a bit of hesitation. That was his best guess. Add had never stayed at a place long enough to make acquaintances. It felt strange having somebody use his name in a friendly manner. He would lean on an edge of a nearby freezer. "I hope that I'm not that big of a drag for you." He'd add quietly afterwards as he looked at the ceiling with a look that one had when they were thinking about good memories and people who were long gone.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Choosing was never easy. Or maybe it was that he just needed to make up his mind for once. Or perhaps at least focus on one action at once. Because, to be honest, he was paying more attention to Add's response than the action at hand. Wonderful. For a moment, he had to resist scowling at himself, but managed to wave it off by making himself give thought to what the other man had said. Someone who he recognized...did that mean he was the only one around right now? Hm, well, it wasn't like he could just up and make a guess as to how many acquaintances Add had. Though, this weird choice of company suggested that it probably wasn't a high number. And th- why was he even wasting time to think on this anyway? He should be picking already, instead of random musings. Thinking never brought the answers in the first place. Not like this.

With a barely audible sigh, he would eventually reach over, picking salmon in the end, before finally turning to face Add and the question that was posed a short while ago. It wasn't that he even really cared about the type of fish. So far, he hadn't had one that he actually disliked, so it wasn't a big deal anyway. ''Not at all. To be honest, I don't mind. I have no reason to find someone a drag, unless they make themselves to be.'', he'd respond, giving Add a causal glance. ''Speaking of which, since we're already here, aren't you buying anything else?'', he'd ask afterwards, just to not stand there in silence. Also, it would hopefully not encourage more mysterious talk. It was obvious Add didn't like talking about it.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 10:30 am

/"I wish I could at least remember their faces.. I wish... For so many things.."/ But before Add could plunge further into his inner sadness, Sharaku's voice brought him back into reality. What he said made him feel a bit better. He turned his head to the side where Sharaku was standing, as he was asked a question. /"Do I need- Yeah, icecream. I almost forgot all about that"/ He took a glance around, as he responded. "Yea, I think that I'll grab some icecream." Luckily, on the end of the row of freezers was another freezer which had some kinds of icecream in it. "I'll be right back." Add would quickly turn to his companion, before briskly walking over to the freezer.

There wasn't any real selection, so Add ended up taking one box of caramel flavoured icecream and one more box of tiramisu flavoured icecream. With this loot he quickly returned and placed the boxes in his cart. "I suppose we're done here, so perhaps we should head to the checkout?" Add would ask as he got hold of his shopping cart.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Icecream...? An interesting choice, in a way. ''Allright.'', Sharaku would respond simply, giving Add a nod, as he briefly watched the other wander over to a different set of freezers. Seeing as he couldn't think of anything more to do at that exact moment, he would just wait, occupying himself by thinking of random things that mostly had nothing to do with shopping. For a moment, he stared off into the distance, almost not noticing when the other man came back with his pick. ''Hm?'' It took him a short while to register what was the other saying, at which he'd blink a few times.

Well, he didn't think he needed anything more right now, so might as well. Walking around a crowded store wasn't an activity he was too fond of in the first place, but that's something you can't choose. ''Very well. I suppose we can.'', he'd answer after pondering over its shortly. He'd make to follow Add, if the other didn't decide to do something else before moving on. At first, he considered saying something during that, but seeing as he wasn't able to come up with a single thing, he'd stay silent for the time being, unless the other spoke up first.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Sharaku agreed with Add and thus the plan was decided. Add nodded and the shopping duo headed to the checkout. The crowd of people was thicker than before, so it was kinda tricky getting to their destination. There was no space for chatting. Not that the young man wanted to chat. He finally calmed down, including his shaky hands. It was safe to just go home and distract himself by playing or watching something entertaining.

There were plenty of people at the checkouts, which meant fairly long queues. However, luckily for the young men, a cash register near them was being opened, due to the number of people. Add motioned towards it. "Shall we?" He would head to the cash register and start putting things on the conveyor belt. The saleswoman attempted a small talk with Add, but he shot her a glare and she rather stayed quiet. Soon enough, Add payed for his stuff and put the shopping bags back into the cart, for the time being. He would then stand a little aside, waiting for Sharaku.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refilling the pantry [Safi]   Refilling the pantry [Safi] Empty

Back to top Go down

Refilling the pantry [Safi]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next