Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Takashi

Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Welcome to Monde Étape.

A popular restaurant despite how small it is as a business; Monde is a diner that serves many types of European cuisine from across countless cultures. Its popularity likely has to do with the capitalization on the cultural influences of San Malarus; a wise business choice and overall something that benefits most of the consumers who come to it. They also serve Chinese food: although their Chinese menu is a bit limiting due to their main focus on European dishes. None the less they have a solid selection.

The name itself refers to a quote by Shakesphere and is a reference to its wide selection of various cultural meals. When translated the name of the diner turns out to be World Stage; Shakesphere having once written that the world was a stage in his play "Hamlet".

Inside the diner you can see a bustling center of activity and variety. In the back a group of college students sit in a booth and discuss their sour experiences with romance while sipping several different alcoholic beverages. Not far from where you''re standing an off-duty police officer seems to be meeting up with an old friend from highschool and sharing a couple of laughs over some coffee. Nearby a group of students still in their uniforms discuss the latest rumors and gossip circulating around. Aside from that there's also a young girl, appearing to be around fifteen, sitting in the back alone with a reminiscent look on her face and a pizza in front of her.

There's another man that sits alone in this diner though. He sits at a stool at a wooden counter -- behind it being a rather large selection of alcohol. He sips a cup of what appears to be soda despite looking to be of drinking age; a frustrated look clearly on his face. A confused bartender stands in front of him -- her eyes fixated on him as if there was some sort of mystery right in front of her that she just couldn't find the answer to.

Welcome to Monde Étape.

Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] Snackbarpiano

Fucking bloody hell. That liquor looked so damn good but it was a thousand miles away from him.

This was supposed to be a night for him to enjoy himself and take his worries off his mind. Yet Eko couldn't think of a single other than those bottles of sweet brown medicine that echoed to him...

Echoed, huh? Now his own thoughts were mocking him with puns.

It wasn't like he was some kind of alcoholic. In fact, he had never tasted a drop of the stuff in his entire life. But if there was one thing that he knew about beer, wine, and everything of the sort it was that it was about as close as you'd get to escaping from your troubles. Other than that he'd also be able to get the nagging bartender in front of him to shut up. All she had been doing for the past hour or so was looking straight at him and serving other customers drinks; occasionally pouring him a soda whenever he tossed enough money at her. Well, that and nagging him about not purchasing any of the alcohol he was looking at.

Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] 01a91ff8e7505d804f9546d3fb121619_cp

"Why don't you just purchase some liquor if you want it so bad?"
"Left my ID at home."
"You could just rush back and get it. I'll even buy you a round: I don't like seeing people so unhappy."
"Why don't you just shut up and leave me alone?"

Heh, that got her. She stood there for a moment with an offended look on her face and when she realized he wasn't going to apologize she just went back to tending to the customers; as it should have been. This bartender didn't even know him -- who the fuck was she to comment on what he should and shouldn't do? Geez, she was just like everyone else! Always bothering him and throwing him into situations he'd rather avoid.

With a sigh he'd look down at his empty soda glass and slide it across the table to her alongside the money to pay for a refill. After giving him a funny look she'd pour it in the glass; Eko leaning against the back of his seat and continuing to stare at the wall of alcohol behind her.

"Hurry up already! I didn't pay you to sit around on your ass." He'd yell at the bartender, whom proceed to turn around with his drink and give him another funny glare. After a few seconds or so she spit right into it and slid it back to him across the table before moving onto other customers and ignoring him completely.

This was gonna be a long evening.
Back to top Go down
Cyma

Cyma

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 6:58 pm

It was the only night of the week Issac had off from work. Something that annoyed him to no ends.... Damn kissing up to THOSE people. He sighed through his nose as he walked along the streets, eying around to all the places he could blow his night away at. His eyes stopped, Peeking over to the place... Monde Etape. It sounded fancy... Well, what better place to go relax and hopefully only be annoyed by a handful of people rather than the usual mass of people at his usual bars and diners. He was already dressed up anyways... His blue dress shirt he wore for work, with his tie, and his pressed jeans... Yeah he was fancy enough.

He slid inside and casually eyed around the place. It was a little bit out of his normal place, but it didn't make him want to throw tables, so that was a good sign. The bar was rather dead, but that was all for the better. Issac moved over, a seat over from the other man that was sitting alone, as he sat down a few bills. Undoing his tie in annoyance, as he spoke simply. "One glass of something fruity. No jokes about that, or your tip is gone." Direct and rude, he wasn't at work so he wasn't about to fake niceness.
Back to top Go down
Takashi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 8:25 pm

"Coming right up."

Eko's eyes would drift over to the newcomer; sighing as he leaned back in his chair. The guy seemed to a bit of a stiff unfortunately...

Okay, so maybe that comment was a little hypocritical. So what?

It seemed they did indeed have a common enemy though -- the bartender's shitty personality. The problem here was that Eko didn't have anything to get her to shut up. He was pretty sure if he stopped ordering drinks she could give less of a damn and he wasn't about to tip some broad with nothing better to do than torment him with annoying questions. No sir-e, he wouldn't drop her a dime if it was a matter of life-and-death.

"Fruity, eh? I suppose you could say in that case..."

"Uh..."

Nothing seemed to come to his mind in what was perhaps his greatest hour of need. Looks like there'd be no witty insults flying -- at least not for the current moment. With a heavy sigh he'd pick up his glass and take a long sip; finishing his own drink just as she arrived with a drink for the man sitting next to him. Afterwards she'd walk off to tend to the other customers.

"Wow. This must be your lucky night for her not to have bothered you. Jeez... Wonder why I can't be as fortunate as you, y'know?" Eko would whine -- following it up with a disappointed sigh. "People these days are just so damn annoying. You know what I'm talking about, right?"
Back to top Go down
Cyma

Cyma

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:16 pm

He grinned a little bit, both at the Bartender being silent towards him, and catching his sudden conversational partner off guard with their chance for a wise quip. He let the other speak, before taking a sip of his beverage, and replying to them calmly. "Simple... I ensure people don't like me before they get the chance to annoy me. If I come off, immediatly, like an asshole? Then they don't try to be my friend. I get enough stupidity from people on my normal day's routine, I don't need similar when I am attempting to recline and relax." Taking another sip before sitting his glass down, adding to their talk, "Wise choice on not commenting on my drink of choice, Mister...?" His eyes tracing over to where the other was, cleverly dodging their secondary questions in all of this just for the sole fact that it was a quesiton he had answered far too many times.
Back to top Go down
Takashi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 8:09 pm

"If you want the honest truth kiwibrain I just couldn't think of a comeback. But if you wanna pretend I never said that go right ahead -- nothin' stopping you." Eko responded; resting his feet on top of the bar counter and yawning aloud. Wow, this place was boring. Then again -- it beat her yapping at him because he wouldn't purchase a drink. "Anyway, if that works out like it just did now I'll have to give it a try. A lot of people are just a bunch of faceless and bumbling idiots nowadays. Bet it'd kill them to lighten up or to zip their mouth for a second or two."

"So, what brings you to this joint?"
Back to top Go down
Cyma

Cyma

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:55 am

He'd start counting from his pinky as he listed off his reasons, "Un, I highly doubt I'd see any of my co workers here. Deux, I don't really give a rat's ass if I offend or iritate anyone here. Trois, It was on my walking path and I figured it would make my night somewhat more interesting. Quatre, Its none of the usual bars I frequent which means the chances of me putting my foot through someone is fairly... Well, Lower, atleast. Picking up his drink finally, and with a pinky out he tilted his head back and downed a bit of it. Sitting the glass down before sitting forward, "In turn, you seem to have really taken a liking from the staff..." Grinning rather slyly.
Back to top Go down
Takashi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 5:10 pm

Eko's teeth would seemingly turn into fangs as they clenched together  in response to the comment about the staff. Yes, indeed, it seemed that he had attracted that bartender's attention. Perhaps it was his undeniable charm and charisma or maybe she was just some maniac pixie dream girl who wanted him to purchase wine or some shit. Regardless, it didn't matter. He still hated her guts either way and the mention of her attention towards him was enough to warrant Eko nearly slamming his fist through the table. Instead though he just ended up hitting it on the surface and not breaking through it in the slightest; his hand throbbing in agony in response.

"Owwww..."

A heavy sigh escaped from his breath and he would look upwards to see her give him a sadistic smile -- clearly taking delight in what she'd classify as some kind of retribution or something. Swearing under his breath, he'd turn to Issac with a see-through calm demeanor on his face.

"Well, what can I say? I'm just the cream of the crop and the star of the show. I'm perfect in every way and because of that it seems that the living globs of recycled human waste here look up to me in every way." He spoke with an arrogant and overly confident grin; patting the man on the back. "Yep... being on top of the world sure does have its downsides. I just wish I could be a nobody like you, kiddo."

By the end of this night he was probably going to get punched in the face by someone.

It'd be worth it... probably.

Strength -- Annoying:

Weakness -- Shut Up!:
Back to top Go down
Cyma

Cyma

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 7:29 pm

"I wish I could be a nobody like me too." He said in response as he took a long drink from his... Sex on a beach, he thought was the name of this particular combination, before speaking again. "Instead I have to act like a proper guy who works in a shitty store with a deal of customers, smiling through it all to act like I give a rat's ass about the clientele or the staff, while making proper decisions to go to a college I don't care about... Yup... I wish I could be the Nobody I actually am." Rather able to sit through the insult, honestly. He knew arrogance was always a cover for something worse... It didn't matter what, because Issac had alchohol!
Back to top Go down
Takashi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:05 am

"Heh... Well, that's life for you."

Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] 028_20111217130139

He shouldn't have been smiling as he was but he couldn't help it -- a few laughs escaping from his mouth as well. Ah, yes. Society was full of awful things and it seemed that most people were blind to it. But not this kid. Although, that wasn't too say that made him any less annoying when he made stupid comments about the staff or any thing of the sort.

"There's a reason they have you wear those masks -- so you'll become it. Society wants to chain us all down so that we become nothing more than slaves to it; toys to move around for the gain of the higherups in the hierarchy. So many people are blind and can't even seen the chains around their wrists as they put on that fake smile day-by-day without a complaint. And then they turn into exactly that thing they put on for their friends as well as the strangers around them -- a walking zombie with nothing else to do other than perform the tasks they're given by their corporate or political overlords. You're nothing but a toy in their eyes and the same applies to all of us. It's just that rare people like you can actually see past the bullshit they put on about caring about us or doing things for our wellbeing."

His finger would point forwards to the bartender as an example; taking the cheerful smile on her face as she attended to the customers as evidence enough. The wide smile from before remained etched on his face. Perhaps it was a feeling of pride; a reminder that he was above all the pitiful mooks and pawns who didn't even realize they were being moved across the board. Yes, that was most likely it. The superiority to those idiots around them seemed to invigorate him and he made no effort to resist the strange feelings of happiness that came with it. Or, perhaps, deep down he felt he broke the chains -- although rationally he knew the only thing that could break those shackles was death itself or the downfall of society.

"There's no point in trying to change it either. We're all puppets, you and I. And, as stated before, it'll always be that way."
Back to top Go down
Cyma

Cyma

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Issac grinned for a moment, as his eyes traced back over towards Eko before replying. "Thats why you learn how to bend the strings in your own favor. For example... Ten of my co-workers who annoyed me were fired for taking money from the register at work... How many of those workers do you think took the money? But who do you think my Managers believe? The new hires who swear and act crude around clientele... Or the sweet innocent worker who has been a valued employee for four years?" The smile he turned to Eko with was a mix of the sweetest and most innocent face, but at the same time the grin of someone who could be plotting the most devious things. A Hannibal grin, at best.
Back to top Go down
Takashi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Eko couldn't help but chuckle at the scheme Issac had hatched up. It was... amusing to him. He wasn't some random idiot who took laughs in the suffering of others though. Why he was laughing was simple: almost everybody deserved it nowadays. Everyone was either an asshole or a slave and thereby it either was worthy of praise or the equivalent of stepping on an ant. It wasn't like they'd starve to death out on the streets. They'd just find new jobs -- and luckily for the kid he wouldn't have to work with them anymore. Still though, it seemed a bit strange how he seemed so keen on revealing this to a person he had never met.

"You sure are open about these sorts of things to a stranger. Then again I guess I don't know where you work so it couldn't hurt... Besides, I thought it was kinda funny."

A sigh would escape from his breath as he tossed some more cash onto the table and ordered another soda; looking over to the kid while he relaxed his feet on the counter. "So, what's your name kiddo?"
Back to top Go down
Cyma

Cyma

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 5:10 pm

"Simple. Even if you came and told my managers, the chances they would believe it are slim. There is no proof I did it, nor do they see me as capable of even slipping up a wee bit.. Also, I'm Issac, and you? Don't call me Kiddo." Being in his mid-20s being called Kiddo was the last thing he liked, noting that with a light glare towards the other as he finished off what was left of his drink, sitting it down as he let the alcohol slowly work through his system. Something he'd need in order to not simply beat the hell out of someone today.
Back to top Go down
Takashi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Ooh, he had found a button to press.

A smug smile appeared on Eko's face as he jabbed Issac lightly in the shoulder. "Gee... Sure am sorry about calling you kiddo, kiddo." He spoke; the look on his face being just like that of a child opening a present on Christmas. Extra emphasis had even been added to the word just to further hammer the nail in the coffin.

"Anyway, guess it's nice to meet you Issac. That's what people say to each other, right?"

It seemed that he wanted a name -- at which point Eko could swear there was a drop of sweat running down his face. Shit! He couldn't tell somebody his name. You never knew who could overhear the conversation. Hell, he could have even been a mole for the police just waiting to snap the cuffs on him. And in that moment of panic he blurted out the first name that came to mind...

"Bob Sanchez."
Back to top Go down
Cyma

Cyma

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Issac's eyes turned towards "Bob" for a brief perioed before he spoke. "Well... "Bob."... One, the last person who kept calling me Kiddo I got framed for shoplifting two six-packs of beer and last I heard had a lovely night or seven in jail. Two... If you're going to choose a fake name you REALLLYYYYYYY need to be more creative." Grinning proudly to himself. It was hard to Bullshit a professional Bullshitter... That and Bob Sanchez just easilly sounded like one of those names that were obviously made up on the spot, in addition to the fact that Eko looked neither like a Bob, nor Hispanic in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]   Welcome to Monde Étape [Private] Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Monde Étape [Private]
Page 1 of 1