Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Melting an ice heart [Hyde]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shunny

Shunny

Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Shunnosuke didn't have an immediate response to that. He would stay still, lowering his eyes and glancing to the ground, processing his words slowly. Another display of maturity from Hyde, who'd have thought? Odd as it sounds, everytime his classmate decides to pour his heart into a inspirational speech, Shunnosuke felt a bit...comforted. This time, though, he took it to a whole new level.

So...what you're saying is the whole problem is my confidence? — He made a snerk sounding, suppressing some laughs leading one hand right to his mouth. — Well, I'm sorry if they're jealous of me, but it's not something I can control. Well then, if that's the case, I shall refrain from "being too confident". I wasn't aware people are sensitive to seeing a more successful person. — He shrugged, in a better mood. Whether it was what Hyde meant or not, Shunnosuke would take it as the redhead said it wasn't his fault and, therefore, it wasn't his problem, but the other's. Wow. So simple, how could he for once think he was the one to blame for Sharaku's words? — I suppose I should say thank you, Hyde. I admit I was a bit worried about the outcome of this matter but you enlightened me. For that, I'm grateful. — He said, looking back at his friend with a relieved smile.

Last edited by Shunny on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 5:17 pm

“Enlightened you? Me? I wouldn’t go that far, I was only doing my best to comfort you like any other friend would do. I guess this is the time to say a cool quote as the icing on the cake, right? Ok, what should I say at this moment. “ Hyde would then think for a moment and thought of something. “I’ll just say what ill usually say, drive forward no matter what. If people can’t stick around for the ride, it’s because you’re moving too fast. Or better yet, were all driving in different gears. For those who are trying to keep up with you, maybe its ok to slow down to meet them half way, you don’t want to leave behind the ones that are willing to ride with you. “Hyde would then clench his fist. “ Ahhh!!! I’m fired up now!” Hyde would say with a confident smile. “ But it’s not that they are more sensitive to a successful person, people are sensitive in general. You should be thankful, it’s a blessing to look as good as you do, be as smart as you are, and be born into a wealthy family. I wish I had a family, so I guess I envy you a little bit too, however….” Hyde would then pound his chest. “I’m always going to be happy for you shun! No matter what!”
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:19 pm

When Hyde asked what he should say, Shunnosuke had this urge to facepalm. Seriously, no more anime-ésque proverbs, he had enough already.
...surprisingly, his speech was once more reasonable. He wasn't really sure who are those "willing to ride with him", though. Naomi? Alphonse? No, they've just met because the occasion demanded so. As for Sharaku...pfff. By now, their relationship wasn't even definable, for the boy had no way of telling whether the older liked or him or despised him. Well, no use wondering about it for now, he would have to wait for their next encounter.

Shun had to suppress his snicker once Hyde was in high spirits again, otherwise it'd be extremely impolite, wouldn't it? At least, until he heard the second part of their dialogue.

"I wish I had a family".
Those words stuck in his mind and stood out amidst all other compliments, instantly ceasing his laughter. He for once considered to question about it, as Hyde never talked about himself. Sure, he had a family, but once you add the fact your family can't stand you in the equation, how much better is that than having none? That was part of the arguments Shunnosuke had to listen from time to time that would greatly annoy him. In light of their discussion, however, he couldn't get angry with Hyde.

I've been thinking for a while...you never talk about yourself. I'm feeling this a bit unilateral here and I anticipate my apologies if I'm being too nosy, but what happened to your family? — He had to ask.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:47 pm

I honestly don’t know what happened to my family. I was dropped off to an orphanage by who was most likely my parents. I guess they couldn’t take care of me anymore, and I was an infant so it’s not like I could remember their faces or anything. I don’t understand, what’s it like to love someone and let it go just as easily. They might have had their reasons, but maybe….maybe they could have been selfish… for my sake….. to have everything… without losing everything…..” This was a different side of Hyde that he was showing to Shun. “It might be unrealistic, because this world is based on sacrifices. Though I believe that choice is sometimes necessary, I also believe that sometimes the most logical of choices could bring out the worst results. Were constantly surrounded by things that don’t make sense, gods, personas, shadows, things that defy logic. If it was illogical to keep me with them, to raise me themselves is unthinkable, I would rather that then be separated from the group of people that could be called my family. “ Hyde would then look at Shun in the eye. “When I make friends,  sometimes I feel like that’s the closest I can get to having a connection like that…. I could never make up for it…and I can never have it again…..  so I try so hard to keep everything without losing anything…… to keep everyone without losing anyone, even if it means I’m the only one  who loses in the end. But then what’s the point of living if I only live to suffer… “ Hyde would then snap back into reality and give off a nervous laughter. “I’m sorry, that was completely inappropriate and weird.  “ Hyde managed to put on his smile again. “ Anyway, they decided they couldn’t take care of me anymore…the orphanage said…  a decision I had no say in or could refuse because of my inability to do so. When I realize just how helpless I was, that’s what motivates me to use my persona to fight for the people would be the same as me, helpless against the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:56 pm

. . . — Shunnosuke had nothing to say when Hyde told him his story. That was too...sad. In the further moments of silence, the teenager kept himself wondering what would he do if he were to wear his classmate's shoes. If he was just discarded or abandoned by his family, or the ones that were supposed to look out for him, no matter the reason. There he was, cursing that devil incarnated he had to call mother and his lame excuse of a fatherly figure, not to mention his stern grandparents, but even so, with all problems, he still had their company. Most of the time undesired, but still company. Hyde, on the other hand, had nobody, and had to forcefully grow before the time.
A different scenery he never knew that actually existed beyond the drama stories told in movies. A real story.
Even after Hyde's awkward laughing moment, the boy remained serious, unable to say something valuable to lift the mood. That moment, Shun truly admired him and would, for the first time, think of Hyde as a friend.

...I hope it never comes the day when you'll regret being too big-hearted... — He said, making a thin and sad smile bloom in his face as he looked to Hyde, briefly before lowering his eyes away. He wasn't the type to apologize or show condolences to anyone except when it's part of a mere protocol, however... — ...I am sorry for what you've been through... — There wasn't much for him to say in his shocking moment but his few words were sincere.

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:53 pm

“Thanks Shun, that really means a lot to me. I just hope that sometimes you could allow yourself to cry on my shoulder whenever you need to as well. “ Hyde would say with a small smile, it was a good thing that Shun came over today. Hyde never had the chance to talk about things like that; he was almost oblivious of his own feelings when it came to himself. Then again, Hyde was so selfish when it came to others. “ So, what are you planning on doing for the rest of the day Did you end up joining the music club to dazzle them with your piano skills?” Hyde always did wonder what Shun was going to do with that amazing skill of his. He was pretty good, it would be a shame if the only people that would hear it was his parents.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Cry on his shoulder, huh? Shun would say nothing to that respect. He wasn't still sure if he could really pour his heart into Hyde once he knew the boy had such a sad background. Enough of his self-centered side, already. For now, the blonde opted to remain quiet and smile at the friendship offer. At least, until Hyde teased him about the music club. He had already forgotten that idea. Sigh.

...I can't join the music club, I usually have other things to do in the meantime. Also, since a certain someone dragged me into the investigation of a case involving the supernatural, I believe my free time will gradually shorten and therefore I won't be able to join the music club at all...unless, of course, I decide to drop out. I wonder what would that person prefer? Hm? — He smiled mischievously to his classmate, making sure to emphasize the correct words so Hyde could understand it perfectly.

Last edited by Shunny on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 5:26 am

Hyde would give off some nervous laughter as he rubbed his head. “Yea, I guess that would be my fault in a sense. Though, you were comfortable enough to tell me about what happened to you when you got your powers. Before even knowing whether I had any or not, that just shows the faith you had in me, at least unconsciously. Maybe you thought nothing of t because most people would think of me as a weird guy, slow, silly, or even stupid. I’m honestly not, perception is twisted, and I actually think it’s a pretty cool thing to explore. But ill always remember that, so it’s best if I put that much trust in you all the same and make up for getting you involved in this mess. I’ll fight twice as hard; it’s a promise when I say that this will all be over soon, just as long as we work together. “Hyde would say calmly as he looked back at shun and stated to get up. “Well anyway, I’m pretty sure that we would be grouping up soon and talking about a lot of things, most likely the mission and whatnot. I’ not too sure that I would have too much information to bring to the table since I was detained, but the least I can do is bring out a good plate of sushi for you guys to enjoy. “
Hyde would start to get fired up again as he flexed his muscles. “I work at a sushi restaurant and hopefully it’s the new meeting place. I’m not only well versed in being a waiter, I’m also good at preparing the meals. Shun! Make sure you go there hungry because I want you to eat my cooking. Ok? I promise it’s going to be good..” Hyde would say as he gave Shun an earnest look. Not everybody was too impressed at the food last time, and they hardly ate anything. It was disappointing, but it would be nice If someone managed to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 7:41 pm

For once, he had no argument to Hyde's comeback. Sure, he was indeed comfortable enough to tell Hyde a ludicrous story about a supernatural delusion-worth experience, but only because he thought Hyde would believe him, judging from past conversations. Anyway, the redhead was right; when he said he was not slow or silly, Shun would just think to himself "and I'm one of these people" although by now he had his doubts. Pretty much he couldn't read Hyde very well as every so often he let some maturity proverb out among the bunch of stupid nonsensical things he was able to say.

So, you can cook, huh? The things you discover. — Indeed, he couldn't tell that clumsy Hyde was actually proficient in cooking. Giving it a second thought, it seemed only natural; if he lived on his own, he sort of had to be good at it for his own subsistence. Shunnosuke, on the other hand, couldn't even boil an egg properly, that was his maids' job and therefore he didn't have to learn it. — Don't worry, I'll be there. But if your cooking doesn't par up with your self-promoting, I'll demand my money back. — Kidding and all, but seriously...Hyde was putting so much effort into making a good image of his cooking skills that he couldn't help but to feel curious as to what his friend was capable of doing in a kitchen. — I should get going, anyway. I'm glad to see you're fine. We'll talk more in class, I hope. — If Hyde had nothing else to say, the teen would stand up, anyway, still holding the water bottle Hyde presented him and make his way to the Dorm door.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 2:49 am

“That’s fine if you ask for your money back, but I most likely wouldn’t give it to you. However, that’s only because you might get special treatment and eat for free anyway, as long as you don’t tell anyone. “Hyde would say with a wink. He was always like that, but he doubt sharaku would like that attitude of his when it came to money or treating. Hyde thought that it was a natural thing for friends to do; he understands that money can be tight sometimes But anyway, Shun was on his way home and Hyde had to get dressed and go somewhere himself, they could talk later. “Alright, later Shun! I hope we can hang out again; maybe I could go to your room next time. “ Hyde would as he waved shun off.

This can end as it is or you can show a last minute reaction before leaving XD
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:47 pm

Special treatment, huh? I like the way it sounds. — He chuckled at Hyde's playful remark. Honestly, he didn't mind if he could use his relationship with people to earn some little benefits here and there. Honestly, if Shun had someone dear to his heart, he would do the same. Sadly for it to happen, he would have to consider that level of affection in first place.

... — To Hyde's last sentence, he had nothing to say. He has never invited someone to his own room and wouldn't do it anytime soon. The things that sentence sounded...oh god. The thoughts about it made his face feel sort of hot, but in the end, he decided to let it be; he doubted his classmate had any idea of what that implicated. Likely it was him being just dirty-minded again.

As he walked through the corridors making his way out of the academy, he glanced back and forth to all sides. Nobody watching? Yes, nobody watching. He was the only one in the hall by that time, to his own relief.

...well then... — With the water bottle in his possession, he opened it and directed its bore to his own mouth. Ah, it felt good after so much time with his throat dry, and his thirst as such that it was even able to make the student forget he was drinking right off its finish, and not a glass itself. As long as nobody have seen him doing it, there would be no problems.
Exit.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Hyde and Shunnosuke's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melting an ice heart [Hyde]   Melting an ice heart [Hyde] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melting an ice heart [Hyde]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3