Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Working at the Library (Open for 2)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

Working at the Library (Open for 2)  Empty
PostSubject: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:34 am

Sentinel and Maria were working at the local library branch, it was Friday at 4:00 pm, so the library would be closing in an hour, but it was going to be an hour of productivity. Well maybe not for Maria she was finding pre-algebra too boring and it was Friday! It was a day of fun, rainbows, sunshine, ice cream, and snickers! But here she was doing her pre-algebra problems, while Senty was busy working on a website. She would glance over seeing the android working furiously on what looked like a whole bunch of letters and numbers thrown together. She hadn't taken many computer education classes, yet so she didn't understand the concepts of coding.

Sentinel on the other hand understood it very well, and his eyes were able to process it very quickly and type it without error. That was the good thing about being a machine, you could work extremely quickly without making an error. The android would look over to Maria, and see her a little distracted, "Maria are you stuck?" He would ask, and the young girl would shake her head. "How many more problems do you have?"

"Five!"

"Finish them up then we can go."Maria would sigh and nod, she didn't want to, but if it meant they could go. She would do it. Meanwhile Sentinel went back to work on the website, he was almost done too, so that would be great if they both got done at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:33 pm

It was good being back to the place you belong, or at least that was what Kouichirou though as soon as he got the time to get away from school for a moment and enjoy a free time in San Malarus again. He didn't leave a long time ago for his school duties, but the old times feelings were still the best. And, after some familiar reunion and a walking around, he finally went back to one of his favorite places, the library. Why the library, you ask? Well, aside from his home, it was the most quiet place he could go to read something, play some games with his headphones on or simply check the latest technologies online and not be bothered about it. In fact, he didn't check the time there, because he was just out when it closed down.He used(and was still doing it) to wander around the place to unwind from time to time, and in one of those, he found to peculiar beings on the library.

His curiosity was enough to drag him to avert his eyes to both while they were there, in a more observative manner. It looked like an older brother and her sibling doing normal stuff, but aside from the kid's natural behavior, the guy's were a little... strange, to say so. The interesting part was that the little glimpses he got were about some kind of programming, which seemed to go too well to a normal youngster, well, at least for him it was one of the hardest things. He looked like a pro on that and maybe, just maybe... He could lead him the way of his future projects that was already in his mind about that matter. "Should I approach him and ask directly or...?" He asked himself not so loudly, still a little distant from the two, observing them a little more to take an action.
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Ah the library! Fount of wisdom and knowledge and all that other great bullshit. Patrice had been around nearly all day since this building- unlike so many others- was actually air conditioned and people left you alone for the most part if you were trying to nap. Just don't do it on the shelves. They had learned that the hard way. The library was also good for skipping class to nap too, just don't tell anyone.

They were on one of the school computers, looking up various things, from alpacas to xenobiology when the stretched and happened to glace over at something else. It was actually two people- a little girl and a boy (or was he a man?). The girl seemed to be struggling with some math but the boy... the boy was working on code. He was really fast at it too! Now they were curious. Another kindred spirit perhaps?

They logged off of what they were doing before standing up and moving so they were right next to the man. They put on their most charming smile possible. "Hello!"

Strengths:
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:42 am

Maria had just finished a problem, and was looking around before noticing a boy looking at her and Senty, it was a bit odd, but Maria's young and innocent mind didn't think much of it. Thus, she returned to doing her algebra problems. Sentinel, on the other hand, had a duty to watch over Maria and make sure nothing bad would happen to her. He would glance over his shoulder, and noted Kouichirou was observing them. A little worrying, but perhaps the boy was simply bored out of his skull and his eyes happened to drift over to the two. Later, he noted that the boy's attention seemed to shift to him, well at least he wasn't after Maria. If he was a pedophile, then his attention would be focused more on Maria. Well that was a relief to say the least, the android was about to look over his shoulder when suddenly, seemingly out of the blue a young woman approached him and said "hello" with a rather friendly smile.

This sudden approach caused Sentinel to accidently enter part of a code wrong, which he quickly corrected before looking at her. "Yes, hello may I help you with something?" Granted, he was rather unsure what this young woman needed. He wasn't an employee here, that much should have been obvious. Maria on the other hand turned to face the woman, youthful curiosity getting the better of her, hoping that this woman would be her friend too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:55 am

The destiny seemed to be playing It's cards, and the siblings (or what looked like siblings) were suddenly called by a woman who seemed very eager to meet both of them. This was the perfect opportunity for a more friendly approach. He got closer to the three people, and waited a little to just call out the guy's attention by poking him on the shoulder.

"You look very good at what you are doing, sir." A little awkward for a first impression, but when wasn't he awkward anyways? He just smiled a little and complimented the little girl with a formal bow and another to the older one before shifting his attention back to the man. " I'm not good at approaching people, sorry for that. But your programming abilities were to good just to let it slip by." He scratched his head before peeking a look at the boy's doings from a closer distance, hoping he was not bothering anyone or interrupting anything.
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 4:29 pm

"Yeah! I mean, I thought I was pretty good at code but this-" Patrice looked it over really quickly before nodding. "Looks like a code for a website. What's it about? Oh, I'm Patrice by the way." They moved over so the new person could sit down too! He couldn't see what was going on now but that probably didn't matter. There was more important things to do, like seeing who these two people were. Hot damn, this was their jam! Three intelligent people getting together and doing stuff! They bounced a bit in excitement because this was going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 12:11 am

The girl seemed to be interested in his coding work saying that she thought she was pretty good about it, but she was able to identify that he was working on a website. So she didn't need help she was just interested in what he was doing. She would introduce herself as Patrice, boy she sure changed from topic to topic very quickly. Sentinel however, would take his time in responding to her questions, "Yes, well thank you for your compliment and you're right this is for a website. I'm a bit of a freelancer coder, and I was asked to code certain files and actions into a game developer's website. It's for their new game, and I showed them some of my previous work and they hired me. It is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Alphonse and this.." He would gesture to Maria, "Is Maria." Maria would come up next to Sentinel to see this new person he was talking to, and the android would be distracted when the person who was observing him from before would tap him on the shoulder.

Sentinel would turn to see the young man, who also complimented his work, and nod to him, "Thank you, it's not often that my work gets noticed. Granted, I'm fairly close to done. Just need a few more things, and I'll be able to get paid. And who are you, if you do not mind me asking?" The android would ask, curious as to who this man was since they had already introduced himself. Maria would smile back at the young man when he offered her a bow, before turning her attention to the computer screen. They were interested in a bunch of letters and numbers that Senty was working on? Why....? The young girl would wonder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Oh wait, did he overheard the guy talking about something game related? That sparkled his eyes and curiosity, and after tha his green orbs were focused on the screen for some time, trying to understand the code, or at least parts of it. It was a hard work for the other by the type of code being executed (not for amateurs at least) and after some more observation and linking words, he would have a guess about what he was working on, just in time (or maybe with a "little delay") for him to answer the guy's question. "I don't mind at all. Nice to meet you, my name is Kouichirou Yuugi. And nice to meet you too, little Maria and... Miss!" He smiled at the three, making a funny face to the child before his attention was on the man again. " I see, If I'm not mistaken your programming is about a game I'm interested in... And to know the creator of the developer's site is such an honor!" Just talking about anything that he knew made his very exited and comfortable, so he was staying for a while.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 6:16 am

They didn't much appreciate the miss. "Nah, just Patrice. I don't really identify as a guy or a girl." With any hope, the two boys would understand. They didn't care much for the kid- yeah kids were OKAY, but they weren't super hyped by them. Seemed like the other two were though, and that was fine. Everyone was entitled to their own opinions on things, and who was Patrice to shoot anyone down? They wanted people to use gender neutral pronouns for them.

So- this was about a game? Patrice had to wonder what the game was about. They weren't a gamer per se but they knew enough about games to talk to others about them. Hell, even Levi wasn't that much of a gamer, and yet he knew what teabagging was. So, instead of opening their ignorant mouth, they looked at the three people before them with open ears and open eyes, ready to get learnt, twiddling their thumbs in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:23 am

The young man with a clear interest in the coding would introduce himself as Kouichirou Yuugi, interesting name. It indicated that he had a foreign heritage or was from overseas. "It is nice to meet you too Kouichirou." He would reply, and Maria would smile at him, she wasn't sure that she appreciated being called little, but would stick her tongue out playfully at Kouichirou. She could make a game of making funny faces at one another. However, Sentinel's attention was drawn off when Patrice commented that she doesn't identify by gender. Was he/she transgender or was this a identity disorder? It sounded like the latter rather than the former. Maria would look at Patrice and was somewhat confused she was obviously a girl! What did she mean, the young girl opened her mouth to ask, but a glance from Sentinel made her change her question.

"Senty, I don't see a game on the computer! It's just a bunch of funny symbols and numbers!" At this Sentinel would laugh a bit, she couldn't understand that level by a long shot. However, it wouldn't be bad if she learned.

"Well Maria it is very advanced math, and science. These numbers and symbols pretty much create some of the images and websites you find on the computer." The young girl would nod, not fully understanding, but would take Sentinel's word for it. The android looked back toward Kouichirou, and would smile, "Well if you give me a moment I'll launch the completed product for you." He would say returning to the computer, and adding a few more detailed lines of codes and numbers. After a few moments, he would save the project and upload the code to the internet on the company's service provider and account. Then he would move to the URL bar, and enter in the address. He then rolled away from the computer letting everyone else see the image displayed.

The setting of the image was in a dark cave or tunnel with a single hole in the ceiling. Light was shining down and lighting up the surrounding area just enough to see a man in a suit of armor sitting with his back against the wall. A few arrows were embedded in his shoulder, and eventually his head, covered by a full helmet, would look toward the hole in the ceiling. Dozens of feathers began to fall from the hole. The images would freeze and the title of the game, "Erebos" would appear. Shortly after the the numbers, 04/23/2015, would appear below the title. Maria was surprised, she rarely saw Senty's work, and just observed it all in detail. "Well what do you all think?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:51 am

"Oh, okay. Sorry about that." He made an apologetic face to...It? They? He really was not used to seeing someone who did not identify with any gender, so he didn't know how to react or even call the one in front of him. In fact, his attention was driven away from that subject to Sentinel when he spoke again, and the boy bowed slightly to the other as a complementary action to their greetings. He would avert his eyes from his interest (the code from the game) only to smile at Maria's commentary and even add something's to the other's response to what she said.

"You see, the numbers and words together will transform into something else! It's like magic, and if you study very hard, one day you could do it too" He winked to the little girl before agreeing vehemently to the other's suggestion of showing him the site. His green eyes would almost glow of excitement behind the heavy frames of his glasses while he waited patiently. Yuugi still took some glances here and there, but continued to wait, until the final product was shown. His eyes were glued to the screen. His mouth would open gradually as everything unveiled. He didn't seem to want to lose any detail, and stood there a good minute before blinking and saying. "...That's...Fantastic!"
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 8:25 am

Patrice shrugged. Honestly, they expected the others to keep calling them 'her' and 'she.' They would correct them as much as they could, but when they tired of it they would- OH HEY. Their eyes moved rapidly around in their skull as they picked out everything. There were no obvious faults, but Patrice would rather get their hands on it to break it. They wanted to break the code so hard, that Centinil guy would be weeping tears and crying out pitifully, 'why? why?'

They grinned. "Not bad. Bet I could do better." They weren't usually a confrontational type of person, but honestly win or lose they would break the code and maybe even improve it.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:48 am

Maria blinked at Kouichirou, not sure how numbers were used in magic, and even more so that they could transform into something else. "Okay, but I don't see the guys with the top-hats or frosty start as numbers and transform into something." At this the android would laugh a little bit before adding, "This is a different kind of magic Maria. It's not the same as the magicians you see on stage." Maria would nod that made more sense to her, and in time so would coding the website to perform certain functions. She just had to get into her computer science class and get taught how to make a functional website.

Kouichirou seemed awfully shocked by his creation for a what seemed like a solid minute. Maria actually tried to reach up and wave her hand in front of his face to see if he was still alive. However, Patrice didn't appear to be as impressed, "Well you could try and create your own, but you would have to contact the company in order to get past copyright counterfeiting. However, I'm afraid you can't touch this since this is my completed project, and it is also my paycheck. He would say, and when Kouichirou complimented his work, he would turn to face the boy. "Why thank you, hopefully my employer will agree with you. Though if you don't mind me asking, what do you like about it?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:52 pm

"Well, you kept the essence of what the developer's had spoiled in the internet for the game so far. " The boy adjusted his glasses before continuing, and made a little gesture to Maria, just to demonstrate he was fine and was just static for a moment of awe." And the idea of playing with the darkness and light, together with the armored, hurt guy with the feathers falling makes a full scenery of ~hype~ that all the fans waiting kinda need. The date of launch was a good thing to feature in, too." He smile a little awkwardly after finishing his sentences. Yuugi was the type to rant about the details of what he liked a lot, and that bugged him a little because he enjoyed being portrayed as the silence nerdy type very much. But all in all, he was happy with his response and that was what he needed to say, anyways. His eyes would wander to Patrice for a while... Was...It....Trying to provoke the guy or mock his well done work?
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:16 am

They pouted. Oh, boo. Well whatever. There was no way in hell that they were going to get their hands on the code until it actually went live. And by then, they would probably have forgotten all about it. "Yeah, I'll agree. Aesthetically it's pleasing. You did a good job. I'll admit, the only reason why I want to get my hands on it is so I can break it!" They laughed and stared at it. "I don't get the feathers though. Is it something to do with the wings?" Ah, now that Patrice couldn't get to the code, it was time to play Devil's Advocate.

"Are they dead? Dying? And if they are, where's the blood? I'm assuming this is a medieval setting so are they just a placeholder or are they a main character? If so, will they pull through? Are they trapped? And why all of this for 'Erebos?' How is this related to Erebus, the primordial deity of darkness?" They looked to the man at the computer for answers, not attacking but curious. Let's see how he'd answer all of those questions Patrice laid out for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working at the Library (Open for 2)    Working at the Library (Open for 2)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Working at the Library (Open for 2)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next