Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reiguu

Reiguu

The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] Empty
PostSubject: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:22 pm

It was a chilly winter morning when the one known as Reiguu Ejji came to the Nokawia Bay. He was dressed in his best winter clothes - a long black coat and kneehigh boots keeping him warm, with a red scarf wrapped around his neck and a pair of gloves on his hands. All the clothes were highly expensive and custom made just for him by his personal tailor. They were of the highest quality, and Ejji barely felt any cold, except for the wind on his face.

He walked up to the railing in the section where the boats were used for trips around the Bay and towards the Hills, which separated Nokawia and Nadashiki. During the winter this place was barely visited, seeing as regular seamen had no business here, other than the few crews tending to their ships nearby. This was exactly why Ejji had chosen this place, for it was open enough and yet without people here to overhear things they were not supposed to. His limousine had parked nearby and left once Ejji got out, since the driver had been given a set time when he was supposed to return - after a phonecall.

Now all Ejji needed was wait for Genji Kano - a friend of his to arrive. He had given him the coordinates to this location, knowing that there was a cafe nearby, in case they wished for food during their talk. Ejji looked behind his back, while supporting himself with his hands on the long railing, his gaze falling upon an empty bench in just a few feet.

He had picked a perfect location. As expected. Ejji took ou his phone, to check the time. He was a few minutes early. Good.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Genji got the invitation to meet him and discuss something. Genji knew that it was probably going to be about their Personas. He made sure that he would get there on time, he wasn't as busy as usual, which was rather odd to him. It was the off season at the pool, so it was rather easy to take some time off and do a few things in his free time.

Genji was prepared for the chilly winter day. He was wearing a gray winter sports jacket, with a black sweater underneath. His pants were the usual dark jeans and he was wearing dark brown boots that came up above his ankles. He saw Ejji standing near the rail on the bay, Genji walked over to his past savior and greeted him. Putting his gloved hands in his pockets, he said to him,

"A lot has happened in a short time. I'm now a Persona user. I don't know how long you've been one before me. I figure that's what you want to talk about, my awakening and everything. I've been meaning to talk to you about it as well. There's so much that we don't know about yet, like, why I was in there, why you and Naito have Personas, it's all so confusing, I hope we can just talk this out, I want to help you guys, I don't want to be on the sidelines. I also want to thank you again for what you did. You saved me, I owe you a lot for that." Genji didn't know where this meeting would take him, but he wanted to see Ejji again, he wanted to thank him for everything and let him know that he was there for him, not just someone who would disappear and leave him stuck.
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Ejji received Genji's grreting with a simple, silent nod. He knew that Genji would not misunderstand his reaction and proceeded to look ahead, out into the sea. It was actually comforting to know that Ejji had a person close to him who would be able to relate with his silent demeanor and simplistic gestures, someone to understand his hbit of not speaking unless he needed or wanted to say something.
The snow-haired young man had no problem listening, however, to those he deemed important enough to listen to. It's not that he did not listen, per se, but that he remembered what was said.

Ejji nodded again after listening to his friend. That was one of the reasons why he wanted them to meet, but not the only one. "Yes. The Persona business i something we ultimately need to talk about, but there are other things we also need to talk about." Ejji looked left and right, watching the immediate area for anyone's presence, but found the place empty. The only people were on the other side of the road, near the buildings, and they wouldn't be able to hear anything at all. Ejji continued once he was sure it was safe. "I also wish to tell you about my Shadow, which I had faced just days before yours. But later about that... for now I just want to know a bit more about you. As a friend."

Ejji showed a smirk, feeling comfortable enough with the gesture. "I just realized that I don't know much about you, aside from your name, grades, class workplace and convictions. And there are things I would like you to know about me, if we are to face this together." the Reiguu heir looked at Genji. "As for thanks - they are not necessary... but welcome."

Ejji knew that he wanted to share a bit with Genji. And he would let the young man choose, who would be the one to start. He was comfortable enough to begin, unless his friend would say otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Genji felt a happiness inside of himself as he heard Ejji tell him the reason for this meeting. The meeting were about Personas, but there was also a meaning to it that wasn't so formal or dangerous. Ejji actually wanted to talk about his adventures in battling his own shadow. About his own secrets, his own things that he wished to hide. Sure, it would probably have a few holes in the story, but this was something that wouldn't see anyone like Naito doing this for a long time.

Ejji was nervous, he looked left and right, wondering if there was anyone around who could use this information against him. Genji understood. Ejji probably has so much more pressure to be perfect to others, a god among humans, almost. There wasn't room to have any flaws or have any personality issues. It was all up to him to be a good person in their eyes.

He also saw Ejji smirk for the first time. Ejji seemed happy to know a side of Genji that no one else really knows, that was a lot of trust to put into someone. Maybe Ejji liked that Genji trusted him with this information, he didn't even want to be thanked, but he did feel that it was appropriate to tell his own story. Genji felt very honored that Ejji was going to tell him this information.

"It means a lot that you trust me enough to tell me all of this, you know. I guess for me, it all came naturally, because you were there fighting for me, even though you didn't have to. Don't worry, I won't judge, just like you didn't judge that day when you saved me... from myself, that sounds a little corny even though it happened just like that." Genji chuckled a little bit at his own joke, it was nice that he was able to do this so freely with Ejji, whom he wasn't able to before this.
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:49 am

"True. I did save you from yourself, in a way." Ejji nodded, a somewhat sad expression on his face. "Just like how Naito helped me face my own Shadow. I did not expect him to, though."

The Reiguu breathed deep, remembering the event that would now haunt him for years. Even though he had accepted his darkest parts and insecuruties, and would now strive for better, instead of pushing himself down... he would still have the awakening of his Persona imprinted in his dreams, and nightmares. How could a person really ever forget that? To face a terrifying beast that possessed such power over you... it was unforgetable.
Ejji had little trouble speaking of it now, but he still had to supress a shiver. He would tell Genji a bit, even if not everything.

"Remember when we talked about pressure, growing up in a household like mine?" Ejji asked, turning his head to look at Genji. "... you were right. Being born into a family like that gives me a lot of responsibilities. I was always to be judged, on how 'fit' I was for taking over the reigns of our house when I grew up. The time is still yet to come, but I always felt the same thing when confronted with my feelings on the matter." Ejji paused again before continuing. "I was afraid. Always. I hated it when people saw me as weak, so I decided not to give them the chance to do so. This... Facade of calmness and stability is what I forced on myself, what I taught myself to do so no one would doubt me. So everyone would only see me as perfect. Stong, collected, courageous."

The white-haired young man thought back to his early childhood, but decided not to dwell on it. "My Shadow represented that. It said I was a coward and a weakling - that I hid behind the mask, so that others wouldn't treat me anything less than superiour. He called me pathetic. And his words were true."

Ejji stood up straight, no longer leaning on the railing and turned around, leaning back on it, his hands in his pockets. "But... I found the strength to admit these things I thought of myself. And now I have a hope for a better future. Without being plagued by such things."

There were a few things he wanted to ask Genji too. He wanted to know him a bit better, but for now he would remain silent, waiting for Genji to speak his mind first. Would he pity Ejji, or perhaps encourage him? Turn away? Somehow Ejji was sure that his new friend would not leave, just as he ensured that he would not judge him for his tale.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:11 am

Genji listened to Ejji's heartrending story. Genji was right, but he'll never say it, nor would he bring it up ever again. He was sad for his friend, but did not pity him, he thought he was actually a brave person, someone remarkable. He had that opinion of all of the Persona Users, really. To be able to face your true self, that was something amazing. Even Genji was included as one of these amazing people. The difference in Genji was that he would never boost his ego like that. He would do that to others, but never say he was amazing himself. He was humble, but maybe sometimes looked over the credit he deserved.

Genji smiled at Ejji and told him, "Ejji, thanks for telling me all of this. You don't think that you're brave, but being able to face yourself, to be able to hide yourself so that no one would worry about you, that is something that I wouldn't be able to do, for that, you are definitely remarkable. But you are right, you need to open up a little more, I'm not going to lie about that, but I believe in you, you can do it." Genji was confident that Ejji was able to solve his problems, just as Genji would have to some day. It was going to happen, but not right now. Genji wouldn't be able to do that right now.

Genji thought of his own awakening and cringed a little. For now, it was something that would be something to look back on and see how far he came, which wasn't far at all. Genji would see this as a good experience in the future, but not now. It was something that would remind him of all of his problems and the things that he fails to do. For now, he has to try and solve his problems, but it might be hard, but he's sure that making friends and consciously trying to change himself would help him greatly.
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Ejji had to hold back a bitter laugh at his friend's words. It was not that he did not belive in what the other teenager was saying, but the words themselves were so corny that they made him want to laugh. He would stifle the emotion, though, since he did not want to insult Genji with such casual dismissal, or perhaps mocking, when one spoke truthfully from the heart. That or Genji simply wanted Ejji to feel better about this whole situation.

Whatever the case, it was no use to dwell on such things. Ejji nodded his head in the general direction of his home, beginning to speak gain. "You already know that I live in luxury - with cooks, maids, cars, grand real estates... but I have little knowledge as for your accomodations and overall status." Ejji gave a piercing look to Genji, not like his previous ones. "Your Shadow spoke of home and friends, and the guilt you carried... or still carry." Ejji's eyes then softened back, now simply gazing at Genji's face. "I am sorry if the matter is too personal, but for me family matters are very important. My relations with my own parents are good, even though one of them is always away on business. I am simply curios about your situation, unless I am prying where I should not."

Ejji wondered if the thrid year was comfortable enough to share this information. In truth, Ejji himself would not share such information just yet, and would not think less of Genji, if the young man refused to answer. Ejji decided to go to safer topics.

"On the other hand... I would like to know a bit more about your likes and dislikes, I guess." Ejji rubbed his fingers together in his pockets. "Mine are pretty simple. I like sword arts, reading, meditation. My favourite color is blue... if you hadn't guessed yet. You already know what I think of people, in general, but I should clarify that I dislike fools, bullies and overly-cheerful idiots who do nothing but be an annoyance to others. Also I have no love for those who seek slefish profit in any situation... and backstab their comrades. Such people deserve nothing..." Ejji kept a frown from appearing on his face, speaking in a voice that was used for reading a list of groceries. He still didn't like to show emotions about little things like this. "I respect those who know what they are doing, those who don't talk just because they feel like sharing useless information. I respect those who help others in need. I guess this is it for the moment." Ejji nodded, unsure what more to say. "If you have any questions - ask. I shall answer to the best of my abilities."
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Genji listened to Naito's words carefully and thought of another response. He didn't know if he wanted to share a lot of information, but likes and dislikes were good for him. He decided to talk about his likes and dislikes.

"Yeah, likes and dislikes are good. Let me see, what are some things that I like and dislike. Hmm... I guess I could start out with the obvious, I love swimming, but you already knew that. It's a nice escape from reality for a little while, it helps me think and deal with my problems. I also like being on the Disciplinary Committee, it helps me do what I do best, help other students. I guess that had to do with my problems, but I always liked doing it. I like the occasional off time I get from homework and work. Relaxing is something I enjoy, but can't do often.

"I really dislike people who are bullies, that try to be better than others, we are all equal, that is that. Intentionally difficult people also aggravate me, along with people who don't try. It is pointless to try to bring down others. There aren't many types of people that I don't like... But the people I hate the most are people that blame others for their problems, like my parents...

"Maybe this a good time to give you a little insight on my parents. They were never a happy couple, never ever. I suppose they stayed together because of me, but that obviously didn't pull through. My mom never wanted me, but put up with me. When I came out to them, my mom flipped, she wanted me to get out of the house. She said it was either me or my mom. My dad chose me, but I left. I couldn't take being the reason that they are divorcing each other. I got a job and moved to the school dorms. I've been living there ever since. That was the start of the year. I haven't heard from either of my parents since..."

Genji couldn't really talk much anymore, but he was glad that he could share this with Ejji. It's nice to finally get the information out without having a shadow that is trying to kill him to do it for him. He only hoped that Ejji wouldn't judge him for it. Maybe it would, but it didn't matter. All that mattered was that Genji said it. That was good for now.
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:34 pm

"I see."

It was perhaps the only way he could respond to what he heard about Genji's relationship with his parents. He did not really know what exactly was the cause of the unhapiness in that family, but he guessed it was none of his business anyway. It seemed that Genji somehow transferred the guilt onto himself and it all went downhill from there. At least now - when he faced his Shadow and obtained his Persona he would be able to feel better and grow stronger as a person. Ejji knew that he was already feeling the effect of his struggle. The first step on the way to improvement was admitting one's own faults and accepting them, after all.

Ejji was also pleased to know more mundane things Genji had interest in. However he could not understand how it brought so much relief to someone from helping others. No - he would help those in need close to him as well, but if people wanted to make fools out of themselves he would not lift a finger to stop them... maybe only point out their faults.

"The disciplinary Committee... I just don't see any such activities helping my mood. It would rather be simply troublesome. But I respect your effort." Ejji sighed. "I have only just now gained free time for myself, starting from the middle of First Year... and I plan to spend that time with results. Besides - I will not do mundane tasks for anyone. My position demands otherwise."

Ejji nodded to himself. He admitted now that he had fears about being unfit for the Reiguu line, but that still did not mean he would ridicule himself by being a babysitter for other students or some such. He barely even helped others at his Clubs. And even then he did it only with the desire to aid, and not due to requests or orders, if such would ever be given to him.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Genji wondered what Ejji meant by free time and positions. He didn't want to pry too much, if Ejji wanted to give him more details, then it would be the right time to get everything cleared up.

But Genji the thought of his own life. His awakening gave him the fuel to improve his life... Was he able to do that? Was he getting the results that he needed? Maybe it was too early to judge, but he still thought about it. Genji put his head down for a few seconds to think about how he changed his life. He couldn't find much, except that he was more open about his problems. It was a start at least. He turned to Ejji and said,

"I try to get some free time, but it's hard, so I try to make the best of all of it. I suppose that I am trying to be productive with my time, too. I mean, my gift, my Persona, it was a wake up call. Now I have to try my hardest to get over my problems. The only problem is, I don't know how I'm faring with it, but I guess I'll know when the time's right. We're both moving in the right direction by doing this, it seems."

Genji was hopeful for the future, he had problems that he had to deal with, but he knew that he wasn't alone. He was happy that there were others struggling, but not because they were struggling, rather, because they had the chance to become better as well.
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:23 am

"Indeed" Ejji agreed. "This Persona business is an eye-opener."

The young man still had to admit that the whole chain of events they had experienced was bizzare and seemed more like a dream, but he had no doubt in his heart that everything was true. He liked that due to all this he managed to save a friend's life and gain an awesome power. he only thing left now was to get to the bottom of things and make sure to punish all those responsible for the dissappearances and murders, undoubtably.

Ejji also noticed that they had come to a curious point in their conversation. The boy was sure that he had said all he had wanted to say to Genji today, and wasn't sure if they could talk about anything else. Perhaps they could do something else?

"If you are hungry - we can go to the nearest cafe for sustenance. If not..." Ejji paused, unsure how to proceed. "... I am willing to listen to any ideas you might have."

This was a bit awkward, was it not?
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Well, that was a little awkward. Genji brushed it off, though. He knew that Ejji didn't really do stuff like that, he must have never done that before. Everyday is a new experience, it seems that it holds true for the two of them.

Genji wanted to talk about Personas more with Ejji, but he was curious as to whether anyone would hear or not. A cafe is a rather easy place to eavesdrop on conversations. But then again, maybe this was just something that others could brush off as a silly game that they play. Japan was the place where hearing about saving the world is not that uncommon, so he decided to go for it. He said to Ejji,

"Yeah, we can talk a little more in the cafe, I'm sure no one would eavesdrop or even care about our conversations, we should be fine. I'm ready wen you are." Genji didn't like sitting out here in the cold, it was starting to eat away at his warm clothes, so the faster they got in, the better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]   The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Meet of Minds [Genji Kano]
Page 1 of 1