Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Davie McAlister (Endy PU - God forgive me)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steele

Steele

Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) Empty
PostSubject: Davie McAlister (Endy PU - God forgive me)   Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 2:38 am

David Lawson McAlister
"Well...we've gotten ourselves into some serious shit, haven't we?"

The Biography

Birth Name: David Lawson McAlister
Aliases: Davie, Lawson, DL
Birth Day: January 21st
Arcana: Hermit
Place of Residence: Vista Square
Evoker: Mental Shackles
Academy Semester: N/a
Class: N/a

Sorority:  

Part/Full Time Job: Jazz musician, street musician, hustler, Con-man

Appearance: David is tall, lanky, leanly muscled, with broad shoulders. He stands at 6'5". He has narrow, handsome features and a shock of unruly curly hair crowing his head. He is often seen wearing nice suits, sometimes even tweed jackets with elbow patches. He is usually smoking, with his shades on. Basically, he's the coolest guy in the room.
appearance:

Alternate Appearance: At night, the shadows seem to envelop him, and he takes on an appearance close to what might be seen as a Plague doctor. The white crow-like mask seems almost completely to cover his face, but there is a small hole in the underside of the bill into which he can insert the mouthpiece of his Saxophone.
Alt Appearance:

Personality:
Davie is an enigma wrapped in smooth words and aloof mannerisms. He likes to kick back, enjoy his time doing whatever it is he's doing. Davie will be the first one to engage in conversation, and loves talking to strangers - especially if he can talk them into something that helps him. It's not fair to say that Davie is a bad guy. He won't screw you over unless he absolutely has to - But at the same time he's not about to get screwed over on your behalf. He'd sell a friend to the devil it got him off scott free.

That said, when his own skin isn't at risk, he can be quite the team player - it's typically a surface-level allegiance, but it'll get the job done. He may even do it again if it worked out well the first time.

His personal feelings are his own personal temple. He keeps people guessing, staying in control of what they know about him, whether it's true or false, and will go through whatever measures he needs to to keep his own secrets from coming out in the open. He's not proud of everything he's done, but he's not about to get hauled in for old mistakes, you dig?

At his core, Davie is a fun-loving rascal, but he isn't malicious at heart. If he had it his way, everyone would be as free as he tries to convince himself he is. But sadly, that ain't how the world works. And sometimes to stay one step ahead you gotta step on other folks. That's the blues, and he plays it well.

The Potential

Strengths: (Anything your character is skilled in, such as Martial Arts/ Drawing/ etc? You are allowed a maximum of five strengths and a minimum of three.)

Strength Name: It's Called Jazz, baby.
Description: Davie's a professional, and he sees and carries himself as such. No matter how shitty the venue, he always looks good doing what he does. His Charisma starts off at rank 2.

Strength Name: It's called a long Con, sweetheart.
Description: Davie's spent a long time fooling folks into thinking he's whatever they might want him to be, and as such, has a knack for knowing what people want at any given point in time. He knows people and their motivations, and this gives him the ability to gain double points in Understanding.

Strength Name: Hey, I know a guy, don't worry.
Description: Davie's got connections, and not all of them are good. He gets a 5% discount on Recovery items and ammunition.

Strength Name: Dissonant Sound
Description: The point of music is to make people feel what you want them to, and Davie's nothing if not a musician. He'll make you laugh or cry guaranteed. The Chance that fearful enemies will be unable to move is increased by 15%.

Strength Name: A stacked deck is still a deck.
Description: McAlister is a schemer, always looking for ways to cause trouble for those who might be his enemies. He'll be subtle about it during the light of day, but at night...His Debuff skills get a +15% boost in effectiveness.

-----
((A floating Strength is a strength you've gained inRP. For example, if you were on a Kendo team for some time, you'd naturally know Kendo which is where this strength would come in. However, be aware, it will not be as strong as any of your actual strengths and is a small plus)

Floating Strength Name:
Description:

Weaknesses: (You must have the same amount of weaknesses as strengths. These weaknesses pertain to you and not your Persona. IE: Physically Weaker, lack of attention span, etc.)

Weakness Name: Street Savoir Faire
Description: Davie never had much in the way of book schooling. He was originally homeschooled, and that wasn't completed on account of things beyond his control. And as such, His intelligence begins at rank 0 (must rank up twice to reach rank 2).

Weakness Name: Not my business
Description: Davie isn't big on running into danger. He does so in moderation, but he always likes to know what he's doing before he rushes into anything. He's always looking around corners and dodging away from suspicious questions and people. His Courage gains are halved.

Weakness Name: I...don't actually know a guy for that.
Description: Davie is relatively new to the shadow world. And as such, has trouble finding the connections he has in other places, and sometimes makes shoddy decisions concerning the costs of things... The VC cost of Custom Equipment increases by 5%

Weakness Name: It's just a head cold, I'm fine.
Description: Because he deals with drugs and substances all the time, Davie is skeptical of medicines that treat supernatural ailments. When an item is used to remove an ailment applied to him, there is a 25% chance it will fail to work.

Weakness Name: Selective Team Work
Description: Because his mind is always considering who will serve a situation better or worse - making judgement calls on the fly, whenever he uses a buff skill that effects someone who isn't himself, the skill is 15% less effective.

-----
((A floating weakness is one gained in RP. It could be a fear you inherited during RP, or an injury that hinders your character. Some can be temporary while others can be permanent.)

Floating Weakness Name:
Description:

Soul Bound Weapon:

Weapon Name: Bitch Whistle
Weapon Description: A Saxophone, looking to be made of ivory, with metal bits made of gold. about 3' long and 9" at it's widest point.
Weapon Image: (Not necessary)
Weapon Attack Type: Strike
Weapon Element:

Side-Arm Weapon:

Side-Arm Name: Old Faithful
Side-Arm Description: A jet blank generic-looking handgun.
Side-Arm Image: (Not necessary)
Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style:
Revolver - Single Shot - Accuracy is increased by 20%. Consumes only one type of ammo per use. Can shoot only one enemy at a time.

The Background

History:
David McAlister was not born in Endymion, no. He was born in Domiona (or the same region if the city did not exist before the fall). He was born in the slums, and ran around as you might expect a slum kid to do. He got into trouble, and learned lots of skills that one might expect, such as lock-picking, breaking and entering...street fighting. He was a punk in every sense of the word. His father was a dead beat, stereotypical, who beat his mother and sometime even Davie when the boy thought to grace the household with his presence.

Which wasn't often

No, Davie didn't like his family much. His mother was a push over, and a harlot, and in Davie's mind probably deserved half the heat she got from his jealous old man. There was blame on both sides, and as long as it weren't him getting hit, he left it alone. Instead, he spent his time on the streets, and as he got older, in clubs. He was tough, tenacious, and people who have stuff to protect like that in a young man. He had a number of jobs as a bouncer of sorts in his young teen years. That was when he heard the sound of the Saxophone, and fell in love. It was like the instrument spoke the language of his soul. All the things he didn't want to, or couldn't say, the Sax said for him.

He took to it like a fish to water, and it served him well. He had always had quick, dexterous fingers, and they helped him master the instrument. Unfortunately, an instrument alone does not make a musician, and a man must make money some how. Despite his love for the music, he found himself very quickly making money with the effect it had on people, rather than the music itself. Musicians are hot, and wives are lonely. Two facts as old as music itself.

Her name was Clarice. She was just another woman with a man who couldn't satisfy her needs, and she was in too deep same as him. And when the time came for alliances to be tested and lines to be drawn, it was Clarice that ended up on the wrong side of a barrel, instead of slick ol' Davie, who was miles away by then, fleeing to a city called Endymion. Davie still regrets the incident to this day, using it as motivation; as a reminder not to get too close. Because love is beautiful like music, and all beautiful things have a price.

Davie was settling into his new life in Endymion when the world went to shit. There was unknowable danger around every corner, so David did what any criminal does when there's danger brewing - he found a hidey hole and waited out the slaughter. The new world older was bleak, but ripe for mischief, as most people seemed more concerned with forgetting the past in their newly busied lives, entrusting their protection to a government that, in all honesty, stank of martial law. Davie didn't mind though, because the shadows he lived in where longer and easier to navigate in this new world order. As long as he didn't get involved with that late night stuff, he could do as he pleased. Which was fine by him.

Last edited by Steele on Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Davie McAlister (Endy PU - God forgive me)   Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 10:55 am

Quote :

—Strength Name: Hey, I know a guy, don't worry.
—Description: Davie's got connections, and not all of them are good. He gets a 15% discount on healing items and ammunition.

Maybe make it a 5% discount.

History: He'll have to be in Endymion. The bulk of the plot will not take place in Domiona at all. The trip is just a little footnote at best.
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Davie McAlister (Endy PU - God forgive me)   Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 2:30 pm

>> Strength and weakness adjusted

>> History amended. He was supposed to have moved to Endy in that last paragraph, but that was vague, so I put in more about him fleeing to Endy and then the Divide.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Davie McAlister (Endy PU - God forgive me)   Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Approved.

Needs dimensions on Saxophone. Also can't buy demon shards.
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Davie McAlister (Endy PU - God forgive me)   Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Adjustments made
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Davie McAlister (Endy PU - God forgive me)   Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 3:42 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Davie McAlister (Endy PU - God forgive me)   Davie McAlister  (Endy PU - God forgive me) Empty

Back to top Go down

Davie McAlister (Endy PU - God forgive me)
Page 1 of 1