Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) Empty
PostSubject: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyWed May 23, 2018 3:54 pm

"This.... This is exactly what I've been searching for all this time!"

8D... Well lets assume it's 8D. I mean he's wearing 8D cloths and mask and stuff while talking in 8D's color and with his voice, even has a name tag that says "Hello My Name Is 8D and I am a Clown Robot. It is very nice to meet you, I promise I am not one of them terrorists or anything I just needed a computer sense the one at my house is currently at the cleaners sense my little sister decided it needed to be more "homely" and her idea of homely is to bury it in the back yard. Frankly I didn't even know we had a back yard but here we are. I know I'm not a student but I'd really just like to use your computers for a bit if that's ok with you. Promise I won't look anything up that's to indecent! Thank you and God Bless,". Granted it was a rather long name tag that took up most of his chest but that was far besides the point. That point being that we can safely assume that the rather tallish clown sitting at one of the computers at Seven Star Vs The Forces Of Evil Academy was indeed the one known as Grins, or 8D. To those who don't know he kinda looks like this. jocolor

That said, it was more on what he was looking up that is the subject of this intro post for a thread that he isn't even in -Is that all I am to you all now? A joke? A Gag?! A GOOF?! Well I am happy to accept this new position and will expect my first check in the mail shortly- As 8D Scrolled through whatever thinly veiled facsimile of Youtube the world of Endymion had, he came across a channel with only one video... but it was the only video he needed. Hooking his Adventure Time headphones up to the computer, 8D smiled as he listened to the man on the other end show off his voice acting talents. Sure it sounded like he recorded his voice on a tin can tied to a string but it was the SOUL the HEART that 8D heard.

"Finally.... After so long, the reverb, the base, the tone, the cadence, the lexicon! The other things that voices have that I don't really know about cus I'm a clown and they don't typically have a lot of experience in stuff like that! It's all there." 8D laughed rather loudly probably drawing the attention of any PCs in the area."I have found my Shingen! DURARARARARARARARARARARARASPUTIN RUSSIA'S GREATEST LOVE MACHINE ABRIDGED SHALL LIVE!"

8D shot this virtuoso of voices a quick PM on the sites instant messager client...Yeah...Youtube used to have that, and I choose to believe that this fictional version of yourtub still does. The contents of the message boiled down to.

"Hey! Saw your video, liked, commented, and subscribbled, and just want you to know that I think you'd be perfect for the part of that one guy that looks eerily similar to my dad, also known as Shinjen, for my Durarara Abridged series! It's gunna be bigger then TFS, LK, EIEIO, ABC, and other acronyms! Hit me up if you want in! Ehehehe!"

The ramifications of 8D's actions here today would reverberate far and wide for generations to come... but mostly they would reverberate through 8D's skeleton as he was tossed out onto the hard concrete for causing to much of a disturbance at the school.

"Exit!"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyWed May 23, 2018 5:39 pm

"...w-w-what just happened?"
He wasn't sure what was stranger, that there had been a clown on one of the computers with an oversized nametag and a predilection for making enough noise to get him thrown out - Wait, how the hell did he get there in the first place?! - or that it was one of his videos that inspired the excessive and emphatic reactions in the first place that had not only drawn the attention of PCs, but damn well everyone else in the bloody vicinity.
Somewhat shell-shocked, he looked at the computer, still on the video with the messaging client open, and to his phone, where he found himself recipient of the message sent by...whoever the hell that was.

What on earth was he doing there?!

Making an altogether self-defeating effort to try and avoid any subsequent attention as everyone looked around, he creeped over to a pocket of space in the crowd where there weren't too many people around, and subsequently started to look between his phone and the computer as he tried to process the event.
"S-seriously? Because of my video...?"
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 2:24 pm

While most students in the computers room were busy with checking on the strange figure of unorthodox clown appearance invading the domains of a school with no apparent reason nor purpose, Brittany (who was also there, absentmindedly picking a chair for her) stared at the convoluted scene, intrigued if anything. She was feeling kinda sleepy so the mess served well to the purpose of waking her from the numbness of a bad night of sleep. On the other hand, it also evoked a feeling of curiosity. What was that clown on about?

As soon as the routine in the computers room slowly returned, Brittany wandered between the desks until she felt comfortable enough. There weren't many people by this side of the room, save for a guy with relatively long, blond hair who seemed startled by something. Perhaps the clown scene, perhaps... something else. Something she had to bend over behind him, in a way her head would be right at the same height of his shoulders, to check on (because you can never be nosy enough, not even when you've only slept 3, 4 hours!).

Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) FsE7wpJ

""Hey! Saw your video, liked, commented, and subscribbled." I think he meant...subscribed? Looks like you just earned one more fan!"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 3:03 pm

"GAH!"

Cecil's powers of observation could truly be startling sometimes.
Or get him startled, rather. Same difference.

He jumped away from the girl that had suddenly spoken up beside him, looking a little wild-eyed and confused. "W-when you get there? And ah, um, Iyaaghhhjkk..." He buried his face in his hand, frustrated and flustered by what was happening. ""Why, ah...why did you just come over and do that?"
Suddenly more aware of the device he's clutching in his hand, he quickly hits off the screen and slides it into his pocket.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 9:30 pm

"Oh I was just passing by! I mean, I was like searching for a good desk for me to do some research and stuff. But then you seemed so startled over something all of a sudden and I, like, had to check on it!"

Pulling a free chair from a nearby desk, she sat next to the guy amidst mischievous giggles from the reaction obtained. No matter how many times Brittany pulled off the same prank of "sneaking behind a clueless prey", it would always be entertaining to see them scared and flustered with the most obvious childish play there is.

"So... this video, it's yours, right? Can I see it?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 pm

The situation at hand had an eery similarity to ones he'd already become long accustomed to. Only this time, this couldn't even be blamed on the usual suspects. He'd drawn the attention of a curious eye with what he'd done, and now he was paying the price for it with any composure he had.
...ok, seriously, a chair?
This was...
There was no point denying it was his, and little in trying to deny the person beside him either. Something told him it was more trouble than it was worth.
Both from her, and Ankou.
...this was technically meant to be seen anyway, regardless of the fact that someone was viewing it was a massive blow to his nerves.

"...yes. It is." Grabbing another chair and resigning himself to his fate, he sits down, retrieves his phone and pulls up the video. "Just - just go ahead. Just please tell me you have earphones or something."
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am

"Why? Is it something... not safe for work?", Brittany's fleshy lips quirked an amused smile as her eyebrow lifted, clearly not taking what the boy said with seriousness and, of course, she didn't truly expect his video to be a forbidden content for a school territory. Regardless, she had a pair of headphones in her bag just in case she felt like listening to music, a pink one for that matter, which she gladly waved in front of the boy's eyes. "Does this do it for you? I always bring them just in case. Aren't they the cutest?"

Plugging it in the computer, she readied herself for what would be so astonishing of a video to ensure marvelled reactions around.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:32 pm

"What?! No!" It was a knee-jerk reaction, and while some part of him knew the comment wasn't serious in the slightest, the more significant part of him at that moment was off-kilter and easily provoked to such responses.
Visually embarrassed, even if he would never claim such was the case, he nodded meekly. "Yes...they're..." He groans. "Just please don't drag this out."

As far as Cecil was concerned, the video did not deserve the first reaction it received. It was a simple video redubbing another well known scene, and the quality of the recording was far from amazing.
It didn't actually sound like it would be too bad if the audio was recorded on something half-decent, though. Cecil's voice displayed a fair amount of range, adapting fairly well to fit whatever character or tone was intended. Not...amazingly well, but that could probably be smoothed out with practice.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 10:41 am

What was the guy so worried about? It was just a video. It's not like she was gonna diss him for his ways to pursue his own entertainment. If anything, she would politely say it's not her cup of tea, which is hard to happen considering Brittany was basically cool with most things. Anyway, silently rolling her eyes in a well-humored fashion, the girl put the gracious pair of pink earphones on and pressed the play button. Contrary to minor impedances such as the quality of the audio itself and eventual problems with synchro, the video was clearly enjoyable enough (or maybe Brittany was the easily excitable one). After finishing it, she turned to the guy with her jaw dropped in a quiet amusement - at least, for the first three seconds before she actually started speaking!

"Wait... is that you? I mean, that's your voice, right? You're, like, so totally great! Really, I loved it! You could totally be a voice actor if you wanted to! Have you ever thought about it? Because if you haven't, then you should! Like, totally!"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 1:01 pm

...hold on, what?
Once more, Cecil found himself shocked by the way someone reacted to the video - perhaps even more so, because unlike last time, the viewer issuing such praise was not an utterly deranged clown.
"W-wait, what?" That...was about the second person to make the suggestion. "I mean, someone else brought the idea up before, but...seriously? I'm not that good it..." He runs his fingers through his hair as he looks away, scratching at the back of his head with an awkward smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 1:41 pm

"Oh come on! You gotta me kidding me!", Brittany clapped, clearly and genuinely positive about the idea of the boy pursuing an artistic career as a voice actor. "You're talented! Like, totally! Maybe you could make use of, you know, a bit of practice, some classes to be a real voice actor. I dunno how that works, maybe you need some dubbing courses... does that exist? Dubbing courses? I'm talking out of my head here, BUT ANYWAY, this is just a start and I totally dig it! If someone else has already said it, then you know I'm right!"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 2:03 pm

This was unreal. Actually crazy. "I-I, ah..." Cecil was finding himself struggling just with how to talk right now.
Words. How did they work?
He swallows, having a hard time meeting the girl's gaze. "I, ay, ah, um, aghjkk..." He groans and buries his face in his hands, before lifting it up once more and shaking his head. "I don't know if there even are courses. It's stuff I'd have to practice. Even then, actually getting into that sort of work isn't exactly easy. I've no idea where I'd even start."
Apart from, say, those videos, but even then they have to make them good and get the word out. People need to know you.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 2:45 pm

She had to admit, Cecil was adorable with all his stuttering and blatant shyness over the prospect of being praised for his innate talents. He clearly needed help and incentive and that's where Brittany would proudly step in. There's nothing she liked to do more than helping people and lifting their mood when they needed it. "Patience you must have, my young padawan! One step at a time! First we gotta find you professional help for this. Actually...first you should keep doing these videos, with other scenes you'd like to dub. I'm sure word of mouth will take care of fame issues. That's usually how some youtubers rise to fame, they start with a small channel for fun, then one person watches it and tells someone, who tells sometwo who tells somethree and so on. Next you see, you have, like, a fanbase subscribing to your channel and might even attract the attention of a voice acting agency! Trust me, an opportunity will appear when you least expect it. I can tell!"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 3:02 pm

"A-A fanbase?" His brain was really starting to short circuit. The very idea that there would be a significant crowd of people that enjoyed the work that he and Kats did? That was nuts. That was aaabsooooluuuuute-ly nuts. "C-come on. How is anyone even supposed to find it? You only did because of..." He looks over to where that clown person was, the note that was on their chest laying on the ground nearby. "...whoever that was...I don't even know how they found it."
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Instinctively, Brittany looked the same direction as Cecil, trying to understand what got him so worked up. There was nothing there, where before it was the clown person's seat. Frankly, the girl had already forgotten his existence, casting it aside as just a regular student playing a prank on someone, like the good old american teenager they all are. "Hello-o?? It's internet. You can find anything, everything you want if you look around enough! But if that's a problem, I can help you with that. I know some friends, I can just show them the video for starters. I mean, they're nerds, geeks or whatever, they like this kind of stuff no matter how obscure it may be. Trust me, it's very very easy to make your channel big!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)   Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt) Empty

Back to top Go down

Abridging is not dead (Cecil, Britt)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next