Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] Empty
PostSubject: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyWed May 16, 2018 3:24 pm

It was amazing how much could change when you had the supernatural representation of all your failures and the bleakness of your future constantly pestering you with a great many words that could be summed up to 'Get your life in gear idiot, you don't want to be me!'
For example, just about every moment of free time you got became nigh impossible to relax in because said spectre of your mind would never give you a moment's peace.
As Cecil found, you eventually started studying more too, and while he knew this wasn't going to give his brain the break he so desperately ended up needing after being subjected to Ankou, it was honestly scary how much of a relief it was not to have to hear him while he was doing it.

He got the feeling he was going to have a very different set of issues to the ones he started with by the time Ankou was done with him.

Currently unsure whether he should be breathing a sigh of relief or breaking down into a sobbing mess, Cecil continued his enforced study.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyWed May 16, 2018 3:46 pm

As he knew his own weakness was, and having had someone point out to him where the books for such a thing were, Tomomi made his way to the academy library, intent on studying about the English written language. It was all well and good speaking a language, but he was not the best at reading or writing it, a problem he’d been avoiding to confront until recently. Still, he had to admit, a sight there certainly surprised him, out of the corner of his eye someone he knew being apparent to him. Carefully picking out one of the books he had been recommended, the boy turned and walked over to the friendly face, speaking softly out of respect for the fact that they were within a library. “Senp… Ahem… Cecil? I must say, I am surprised, I did not know you also went to school here...

He smiled, standing next to a chair opposite Cecil and making a light gesture to it with his book holding hand. “I don’t suppose you would mind if I joined you in studying do you? I imagine studying with another is easier than alone, although perhaps I am mistaken there…” He shook his head swiftly. “Ah, of course, if you’d rather study alone, I can go elsewhere. I wouldn’t want to distract you and all…
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyWed May 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Cecil's had practically jerked over to where Tomomi's voice had come from, the surprise clear. He was honestly still on edge, and...well, he still didn't expect people to talk to him.
Well...apart from Kats.
Wiping the surprise off of his face - and the turmoil as well, while it was still covered up by it - he worked a more relaxed look onto his face. "Can't say I expected to you either...though, ah, well, um...I don't tend to see people in general." He scratches at the back of his head, laughing awkwardly as his fingers work through his blond locks.

Cecil shakes his hand and waves...a little more desperate urgency in the motion than he'd thought to show. "No, no! It's fine! Absolutely fine, don't worry about it!" God knows he didn't want Tomomi to leave right now. He had no idea how productive the session would end up being for either of them if they studied together, but between wanting some companionship and being incredibly aware of the fact that Ankou would normally leave him in peace if he was interacting with someone, this was probably the best shot he had at holding off the breakdown he knew was coming sometime today.
God, he fucking hated Ankou so much.
His face twisted as he tried to stop the words sticking, desperately seeking just a small degree of fluency for the time being. What did he even...
The book.
"What are..." He swallows. "Are you working on?"
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyThu May 17, 2018 8:24 pm

As Cecil gave his permission, Tomomi nodded and set himself down opposite, laying his book out on the table. Still, it was weird. The person before him now was relatively different to the person he saw in the alleyway. Jittery, almost. In a way, it reminded him of himself, and so he couldn’t help but feel a tad curious. As he opened his book to the first page, he looked up at Cecil who posed a question to him. It’d be rude to not answer, and it wasn’t as if it was some shameful secret.

Ah. Admittedly I am not too good with the written English language. So, I am working on it so as to not fail on the tests… You know how that is I am sure, but given that my home language was originally Japanese for most of my life, it has taken some adjusting. If my parents saw my poor translating… Aha… Say, Cecil sen-… Ahem… Cecil… Are you alright?” His voice had a hint of concern as he paused, looking over at the other boy for a moment before coughing to clear his throat and quietly continue, hoping to draw as little attention to himself as possible when he next spoke. “You seem a tad stressed… If it would make it easier, I can leave you be… Alternatively, I can go fetch you a drink or something if you’re not feeling well? I know studying and stuff can be hard, and all that…

At that he sat up straight, moving a hand to rub at the back of his neck awkwardly before looking down at his book and, with a squint, slowly began trying to read the words in his head.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyThu May 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Dammit...it was that bad? He really didn't need people worrying about him. There were far better things for people to concern themselves with than him.
"It's...it's nothing." He raised a hand and tapped a finger against the side of his head. "Just a lot of stuff going on in here that's not going to be going away any time soon." He drops his hand. "Nothing you need to worry about. Honestly, I think I need this."
God knows he needed this.
Fuck Ankou! He didn't care if they were the same person - FUCK! ANKOU!

He looked down at his own choice of reading, pages of words he knew just was not sinking in right now. Forget Ankou, he hated History too right now. 'Why you whelps should be grateful to Isla' class was bad enough before he knew about all the bullshit that was going on.
Maybe he'd like the class more if they actually. Taught. Fucking. History. They actually learned about historical events in the class in what felt like about once in a blue moon.
Ugh...fuck that too. Never did he think he would miss one of his old classes before Seven Stars, but here he was.
"You, uh...want a hand, Tomomi?" Any excuse to not do History right now. And on top of that, someone would actually benefit from him trying to divert his study.
The look on Cecil's face as he asked the question almost pleaded for Tomomi to say yes.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyFri May 18, 2018 7:51 pm

As Cecil stated that he wanted Tomomi there, the boy nodded with a smile. “Very well then!” he said, with enthusiasm that was completely different to the anxious boy that had been in a Little Tokyo alleyway. Still, at Cecil’s offer for help, Tomomi simply nodded enthusiastically. “Oh, could you? Verbal stuff is fine, but, any help I can get from a native of the tongue is perfect…

At that, he spun the book to the side so that it was facing in a readable direction for both of them. The words were definitions of literary terms and devices, with Tomomi tilting his head slightly to read it properly. Slowly, he pointed his right hand to one of the terms, trying to read it aloud as he followed the pronunciation next to the word and just above the definition. “Ana… Dip… Losis… Anadiplosis? Um… I’ll admit I’m struggling with the definition of this one… I don’t know if it’ll show up on my test, but, um… Mind helping read the definition for me or something? Written English is a pain when you are used to spoken…
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Cecil's mood instantly improved, and improved dramatically as the offer was accepted. An openly relieved smile sprouted across his features, and everything just felt that bit better. "I wouldn't say perfect, but I'll do what I can."

As Tomomi started spinning around the book, Cecil held out a hand to stop him, rising. "No need to do that. Easier just for me to move than for both of us to have to read sideways." Shutting his 'History' book with just a little more force and gratification than the action would have really warranted, he got up and moved around so he was standing by Tomomi, leaning against the table to read.
Cecil's eyes scanned across the word as Tomomi pointed to it, listening to him sound it out. "Yeah, that sounds right to me...though I admit, don't exactly recognise the word. One thing knowing how to use the language, another knowing the technical terms for everything I'm doing..." As Tomomi asks, Cecil nods as scans over the definition. "Anadiplosis...'repetition of the words or phrase at the end of one sentence, line, or clause at the beginning of the next'."
Not really the way most people spoke, but it made sense to him.
Then again...he wasn't the one having the problem.
"What...exactly, are you having a problem with? You said you were struggling with the definition, but, ah...what about it?"
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptySat May 19, 2018 11:23 am

As Cecil posed his question about what Tomomi was struggling with about the definition of Anadiplosis, Tomomi sighed. “Well, as you can guess, it’s… A word that’s a bit higher than my… Um… Word limits or whatever the word is… But, I’ve been set an assignment to write a short paragraph that uses it as a device in… The problem is, I’m not really sure what a clause is, or exactly the sort of thing it means… So, I’m in a bit of a conundrum there… Why I was put in the higher English is beyond me, I’m only good at maths… Plus, doesn’t help the English teacher is a… What’s it called… Ah, right… An ass…

Sighing, Tomomi put his hand in front of his face and let out a heavy exhale. “I’m not expecting you to know an answer by the way. You’ve got your own work and judging from your reaction, I don’t know if you could or not… But, do you know what a clause is? I… Always thought that was the name of the fat man that went down chimneys and stole children’s cookies…” At this, he began to mutter and look down at the book, seemingly in thought and completely in a world of his own.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptySat May 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Ah. So that's what it was.
Also kind of a problem. He didn't know to give a technical definition, and honestly, he didn't really think one of those would be the most helpful here. Really, while it'd probably miss some of the finer points, a plain language version would probably work better. He just had to, well, have one to provide.
He let out a sigh at the mention of the English teacher. "I think I know who you mean...she's way, way too insistent that her way is the only one, even if she likes to pretend otherwise. I swear it feels like she was reading off what someone else wrote for her sometimes."

A clause, a clause, a...Claus...?
He shouldn't laugh, he really shouldn't.
"Don't worry, it's fine. Though...I think you're thinking of Santa Claus. Last I knew, the cookies were meant to be a gift for him, not something he made off with. A little thank you for his work in delivering presents, or so the tale goes." He shakes his head and refocuses. "Not what we're here for though...ahh..." How was he supposed to explain this...? "Do you have something I can write on? I don't think the librarian would appreciate me doing it on the books."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptySat May 19, 2018 7:27 pm

As Cecil explained Santa Claus and his cookie swiping deeds, Tomomi smiled and nodded with a mild chuckle. But, as Cecil moved the topic back to the actual subject, Tomomi followed suit, turning his attention back to the book. Humming slightly, Tomomi took his jacket off from his shoulder and held it in front of him, searching through the pockets before, with a small effort of rummaging, he pulled a scrap of paper out from one of them. Putting it on the paper, he unfolded it. The words on it were directions, with the words Litter Here in bold at the top, although Tomomi quickly flipped the paper around so that it was a crumpled but blank piece of paper.

Right, um… Hope that’ll do… Now for a pen…

With that mutter out, Tomomi stood up, pushing away from the table and going to walk around the room, looking around left, right, and left again. Eventually, he decided to do the sensible thing – go to the desk near the entrance of the room, taking a pen from a pot, and walking back, setting the pen down next to the paper before sitting back down and putting his jacket back over his shoulder. “There we go, hopefully that has ink… So, um… Is that okay?
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptySat May 19, 2018 11:28 pm

Cecil nods along, grabbing the pen. "Yeah, it's fine. Relax, alright? It's nothing to worry about."
...that might be rich from him.
"Right, let's see..." He thought he knew what he was doing. What he needed to write here, to demonstrate...
I'd better do. He's relying on me for this.
Placing his other hand on the paper, he started writing in a somewhat childish scrawl, clear enough to read but...not exactly the most refined. He wrote a few lines, and once he was done, set his hand on the table with the pen in hand. "Right...if there's someone else who'd know better I'd take their word over mine, but from what I understand, these are examples of, ah..." His eyes flicked back to the book. "Anadiplosis, yeah."

The best things in life are irreplaceable. Irreplaceable, and yet sadly fleeting.

Time is money, and money makes the world go round - so buy a clock.

They say there are no demons, but demons run the English class.

"The words that end each section of these are used at the start of the next. Not literally the first word each time, but definitely at the start of them." He reaches out, and starts underlining some of what he's written. "Breaking it down further, a clause can be a sentence..."

The best things in life are irreplaceable. Irreplaceable, and yet sadly fleeting.

"Or...part of one."

Time is money, and money makes the world go round - so buy a clock.

They say there are no demons, but demons run the English class.

"I mainly think about them as chunks of text - the pieces that make up the sentence...even if ah, there's only one of them." He swallows. "I...think that's right, anyway..." Putting down the pen, he looks over to Tomomi. "You can probably find stuff on the internet to check if you want to make sure.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyMon May 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Tomomi watched in silence, paying more attention to the penmanship itself than the words written down at first. Still, as he finished up, Tomomi read through what was written, and with a sense of acknowledgment as he began to take in what was before him, nodded once more. Clause… Anadiplosis… These revelations lead to one thought in Tomomi’s mind…

English sucked.

I… Think I get it? So… A clause is a stopping point… And the… Ana whatever is… Repetition for effect? Dang, how do you people learn this language from youth…

His muttering stopped as he shook his head. “Ah, never mind. Thank you very much. That does make sense with what is said in the book there. Being able to keep up with that cruel teachers assignments really is a good sign… Ah, hopefully nobody else heard that! Don’t exactly want people thinking I’m a bad student or not thankful for the education…

At that, he coughed, rubbing the back of his neck in slight embarrassment. “Um, is there… Any homework you’d like help with? A bit of… What’s the expression… I scratch your arm, you scratch mine? Or, well, the other way around… I quite pride myself on history, mathematics, and…” He coughed, looking away as he finished. “Zoology… So, um, if you’re struggling with any of those or doing any of them, I could probably… Maybe… Potentially… Help.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyMon May 21, 2018 6:26 pm

"Same way you probably learned Japanese - get it thrown at you while you have no idea what a language is till it sinks in." Cecil's lip quirked at the statement.

A beaming smile spreads across Cecil's face at the thanks. As Tomomi continues on, it turns into an amused one, and he takes the moment to circle the last sentence he wrote several times. "Trust me on this one, complaining about the teachers is not something strange for people. Just don't swear where any of them can hear you and that's most problems avoided."

Cecil waves off the offer, seemingly uncomfortable at the offer as his expression turns awkward. "Ayahhhhh...back not arm...not the point, not the point." He shakes his head. "No need for that. Your stuff's more important than any of mine. And uh..." Cecil groans, rolling his eyes. "It isn't like the History classes actually teach History anyway. Only so many times you can hear 'Isla' in one sitting, and yet they still haven't figured that out."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyMon May 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Cecil’s smile led to Tomomi providing one of his own, and giving him a thumbs up. As it got awkward though, it got awkward fast. Really fast. “Ah, right, um… Although I don’t think my stuff is any more important…

Quickly shaking his head to resume the conversation, he continued. “Ah, yeah, the history classes suck… Never seem to really-“ Before he could finish his words, a ringtone that was completely bland and uninteresting rang from Tomomi’s pocket, quickly causing the boy to stand up and fumble through his trouser pocket to get the phone out and turn it silent before it caused too much distraction. Unfortunately, it was a bit… Late for such a thing.

C-crap… Um… This is my employer, so, I should… Um… Probably take this… T-thanks for the help, and I uh.. I’ll see you around?

With that, Tomomi picked up his book and the example writing Cecil had done, not even bothering to put them in a pocket or bag, and quickly walked out of the library with a look of sheer embarrassment upon his face from the sudden phone call. The instant he left the room, the boy answered the phone, speaking in quiet tones and walking away. A… Unique exit, if nothing else.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] EmptyMon May 21, 2018 9:06 pm

His stuff was not any more important?
Cecil would have to disagree on that one.

As the phone rings and Tomomi excuses himself, Cecil simply shakes his head. "Go ahead. See you."
He gives him a brief wave off as he leaves, and soon enough he finds himself alone in the library once more.
It suddenly hits him why this is the worst thing that could have possibly happened.
He nervously turns his focus inward.

...can I at least work on something other than History?

A second passes, but it feels like an eternity.

...yes.

Small mercies.

--> [EXIT]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]   Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil] Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding the Same Page [Tomomi/Cecil]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next