Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] Empty
PostSubject: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 7:56 pm

Somewhere in the slums, a man akin to a chameleon walks through the alleys, filled with joy. Today had been a good day - he'd found a food cache earlier, a store of rations in one of the numerous derelict buildings that filled the area.
Now, he couldn't just haul it all back at once - oh no, that was how one attracted all the wrong attention. And that aside, he couldn't have possibly carried it all anyway.
So instead, he simply took a few ration bars, leaving the rest of the store behind for another day. His pockets were light, but still he smiled, for fortune had smiled upon him this day.

And yet, fortune had yet to completely reveal its current hand, for the man had dropped his guard.
And because this man had failed to be wary, he didn't notice the figure lurking in a side alley, who had heard his approach and spotted his goods.

Nearby, the man hears a stray trash can being knocked over, and becomes tense. Was there someone there? He was so close!

He makes a tentative approach, eyes fixed on the area the sound came from...

Until he feels a pain the back of his head, and everything goes black.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Dale allows himself a small measure of relief as the man falls to the ground. It had been another one of those weird, unfamiliar people, but they'd fallen for the thing he'd thrown, and they hadn't turned into smoke or anything when he hit them. He'd got them, and now...
His attention is pulled by a brief electronic bark. Chip had poked his head out of Dale's pocket, tiny tail wagging as he looked inquisitively at Dale. He couldn't help but smile at the sight, but now wasn't the best time. Dangers were everywhere.
They were always, always everywhere. Especially when you had something.
"Come on, Chip. I just need a moment..." He pats the small robotic canine on the head, getting a pleased yip in response as it snuggles back into his pocket.
With that, Dale wastes no time on working over the fallen man, eyes flicking about his surroundings as he snatches up the ration bars and starts rummaging about for anything else they might have.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 8:33 pm

It was probably too much to ask for finding a clean rag around the Slums. People usually kept whatever little possessions they had close, and refused to lend them away, for obvious reasons. All Ria really wanted to do was to at least get some cleaning done on her now soot-covered body. While it didn't really matter, a part of her was perhaps a little bit bothered by it ever since seeing a few folks from the upper wards visiting the Slums. Back in the day, she used to look more presentable, but the white paint job and the golden designs had faded away with time, wear and tear. While she certainly wouldn't be able to get a mirror-sheen quality polishing, anything would be better than her current condition.

And so, the quest was on! Searching high and low all around the ward, doing her best to reach perhaps the more difficult to reach places around the slums, hoping there to be a rag or something there she could use. During her search, however, something happened to grab her attention. A man was bending over another one, rummaging the body for whatever reason. Next to him was a small robotic familiar of some sort. Rianara had seen enough robotic mutts to last her a lifetime, so this wasn't anything special. It was more or less it's owners actions that puzzled her somewhat.

Rounding the corner of the somewhat shady alleyway, Rianara confronted the man, narrowing her eyes. "And what are you doing here?" She wasn't dumb. While the android didn't actually see this man knock the other one unconscious, it didn't take a genius to connect the dots. Her voice wasn't paticularly hostile-sounding. At least, not yet. She had seen enough of this kind of behaviour around these parts to not really bother with getting herself involved with every single one. But the inclusion of a robotic pet did get her attention... Was he perhaps from Athara?
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 9:57 pm

Dale wastes no time grabbing Chip and immediately diving over to the exit opposite Ria, a ration bar dropping from a pocket as he does, turning to face the robot and looking equally ready to punch her or to run. Or to punch her and run. He wasn't going for the gun yet, though. He didn't want to waste what shots it had unnecessarily.

She wasn't attacking immediately, and she didn't sound like she was going to attack, but that didn't mean much. Still dangerous. His eyes flick quickly to the dropped ration bar, but there was no way he felt confident enough to get it. It wasn't worth it, anyway. He had enough if he needed to run.
Violently distrustful eyes fixate on Ria. "What do you want?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 1:56 pm

Oddly enough, Rianara's metallic face carried a look of light amusement. "Oh, nothing major. I was just passing by. Knocking people out and stealing their stuff isn't very nice, you know?" She didn't seem very troubled by it however. In fact, Rianara seemed to relax a little bit, leaning against the wall. "But, I'm not going to judge you. Here in the slums, anything goes. One has to do whatever they can to make it to the next day. It's regrettable, but... I'm not going to stop you, if you want to run. You've done no harm to me, and so, I won't do harm to you. We good?" Her cerulean eyes fell on Dale's robotic pet. "Although... the real reason why I'm here... is your pet. It reminds me of my old homeworld... From where do you hail?" She asked curiously, unable to help herself. She just had to know, despite the fact that she didn't like Athara at all, she was fond of it's people... and maybe, just maybe, this one had news regarding what had become of the capital.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 2:25 pm

Dale looks down to the little dog in his hand, and then back to Ria, stowing Chip inside his shirt as he barks enthusiastically.
At the moment, he was probably fine. As much as he was unwilling to believe that it was really going to be the case, the person before him had at least pretended that they'd leave him alone if he didn't bother them. This was a good moment to, at the least, get ready for anything they might do.
More worrying to him was its interest in Chip, and the questions that came with it. They said he reminded them of home, and if they recognised Chip...
...he might need his stolen weapon after all.

"...I don't know." It was a true answer, but it told them nothing. Had to take careful steps here...see what he could learn. "What's it like, where you're from?" They seemed to understand what living like this was like, and they sort of recognised Chip...but he needed more to go off. So what's the best thing to ask here...? "What's it look like?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 3:12 pm

Rianara looked thoughtfully at the man in front of her. At least he was seemingly a bit more at ease for now. She doubted this ease was actually real though. Rianara hadn't sounded that convincing. But better faked ease than having things escalate to an actual fight. A fight he might not win. She was made of metal, after all, and he'd need a really powerful gun to breach the plating. And if he hit the wrong part, a good chunk of the slums would die. One disadvantage of being powered by an Aether core was that... well, you're basically a walking nuclear disaster waiting to happen if someone damaged the core enough. While not enough to level an entire city, it sure could demolish at least two city blocks or more. It did have it's uses when discouraging people from shooting at her when held at gunpoint.

His question did bring a thoughtful look to the android's face. She had never really needed to describe Athara before... "Well, my old homeworld... is an engineer's dream. Artifice and artistry are highly valued amongst the people I used to call mine. They created me. And yes, I am indeed a robot, much like your dog there. His design just reminded me of the general style used on my homeworld, hence why I'm asking. I have yet to see anyone else from my world. I guess... I was hoping I wasn't the only one." Rianara replied, crouching next to the passed out guy on the floor. "So... What did you plan to do with him? Just leave him lying on the ground?" She continued, giving Dale an inquisitive look. "And I guess a formal introduction is in order. You've been talking to Subdual Unit X-45, Rianara, a former defender of the state... a state she can no longer serve. Don't be alarmed though. I've put the crime fighting behind me once I got here."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 4:08 pm

He...didn't understand that description, but at least he learned things. For example - they said they were like Chip, so...metal person? Well, Chip wasn't metal. But he wasn't not-metal, so...
Close enough.
Following from there, things like them were called robots. He'd have to remember that.
What else?
They were talking like they didn't come here like he did...alright, not exactly how he did, but with the same thing. Like they were here a while, and couldn't go back.
That bit might be a trick, but if it was right, he had less to worry about. Nobody coming for him. Nobody who'd go back. Nobody he had to hurt until they didn't move any more.

That didn't mean he didn't still have to be careful, though.

He looks at the man on the ground at he's asked about, and back to Ria. "Why do more? He won't hurt me. I have what I need. Better to move before this happens." It's a simple, matter of fact statement.

Yet again, he doesn't understand most of what he's told, and the lack of recognition shows on his face. Had he been aware of the link between Ria and the police people he'd first encountered on Junction, he'd have been a lot more on edge.
Instead, he just figures out that they just told him their name, and that normally, you're supposed to say yours. Better to be safe. "Dale. I'm Dale."

He paused a moment. After they said what they did, they told him not to worry...he thought.
Why would he...?
They were a 'defender of the state', and they fought something called 'crime'. So those were what he needed to learn about.
"What's 'crime', exactly? What's a 'defender of the state'? What do they do?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Rianara chuckled lightly, seemingly amused by Dale's answer. "Oh? So you're just gonna leave him there so he gets robbed again?" The thought certainly seemed entertaining, in a wicked way. "Not that you really need to concern yourself with it. I'll take care of him. This secret stays between us." And she intended on upholding that end of the bargain. While she was a law enforcer at conception, she had greatly deviated from that original purpose. With no one to control her, Rianara was free to do whatever she pleased, and chasing after her very own view of justice. And in this case, was it really just of her to stop him? He, much like a lot of people around here, only sought a way to get by. How could she blame them for it? Now, had Dale actually gone out of his way to kill the poor man, Rianara wouldn't have been this friendly. Far from it. She would make sure that Dale would never do the same mistake ever again for as long as he lived. But that was only if he had gone out of his way to kill a bloke. Not just stealing from 'em.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Dale." Rianara replied in a formal manner, gently scooping up the unconscious man with her strong, metallic arms. His questions were not something she expected to hear as a reply. "A crime is... well, doing something unlawful. Like ending someone else's life, or causing damage to property. Stuff like that. As for my title, I guess you could say I was someone who defended the governing body's rule over the people. Enforcing laws and keeping peace. Without people like me, my old home would've surely eaten itself alive. Chaos would ensue, and society would deteriorate as a result. I was built to prevent that from ever happening. But that's a duty I haven't fulfilled in over forty years at this point. I don't adhere to the same protocols as I used to. Not since the state betrayed me. But..." Ria stopped, hoisting the man over her shoulder before she continued. "That's a story for another day, Dale. If you want to know more, you can find me at the Rusty Goose."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 10:51 pm

Dale seems...confused, by Ria's statement. He thought he got what they meant, but...why would that happen? He didn't have anything to take now.
He watches with confusion and reservation as Ria lifts the junc-son, wondering why they would do this. Why did they care? What did they get?
He just hoped they wouldn't get the chasing people.

He listens to the explanation to his questions and...finds himself just as confused as he usually does when he gets an explanation, understanding just about every other word. For one, he knew what things were unlawful now, but he didn't know what unlawful meant itself. And as for that other stuff...
He shows no recognition of anything Rianara's talking about. Not about betrayal, not about chaos, not about peace...just about the only thing that got a reaction was the comment about her home eating itself alive, a statement it might not have been hard to guess he took literally from the way he winced.
All he got was that 40 years ago, she used to do things she didn't do any more, because of something done to her...things including stopping a place from eating itself, somehow.
More fuel for his nightmares.
All that, ending in them telling him a place where he could see them again. It was an offer he was wary of, but nonetheless, he logged the info away.
"Rusty Goose...right..." It was a wary tone he spoke in, but one tinged by curiosity.
He continues to watch the robot, chameleon-man over its shoulder. He didn't move, or speak up. He just...watched.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 am

Rianara looked with slight amusement at the confused Dale. Perhaps he had never really found himself in a situation where words like hers carried any meaning or weight? Certainly seemed that way, judging by how he reacted. "Don't worry too much about it. You'll come to understand with time, Dale. We all do. Just don't be afraid to ask questions. How else are you going to learn?" As a self-learning AI, Rianara had been made to be curious. If she encountered something she didn't understand, the Android wanted to learn as much about that subject as she could until there was nothing left to learn. Programming is a funny thing. "Maybe I'll see you there. You still have plenty to learn, Dale. And I'd be happy to teach you." Maybe it was just an urge to help out someone like herself. A Machine who was lost, not understanding how things worked. Maybe she could set him straight... make him embrace curiosity, for what good and bad that could come of it. Give a machine curiousity, and you give them a world with no limits.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 8:57 am

"I don't know...read things...?" That was a strange question. One he hadn't been expecting to hear. Like...how else DID you learn? He couldn't think of many ways, but why would you think about this anyway? Why would it come up? Asking people seemed to be the best way anyway, even if didn't tend to go the best a lot of the time. He didn't understand most of what he read.
While Dale didn't respond to the offer, and certainly wasn't less suspicious...he seemed to be thinking about it. It was a starting point, at least.
He still doesn't move though. His gaze occasionally jumps rapidly from the floor to Rianara again, where the ration bar he'd left in his initial leap was lying.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:04 am

Rianara looked over her shoulder at Dale with something that resembled a smile on her face. "Well, if you ever need anything, you know where to find me, Dale. I'll see you around, hopefully." She replied before wandering off, rounding the corner and vanished from sight, leaving Dale there alone with his pet and the ration bar, giving him something to think about. She wanted to be of help, but it was up to Dale if he wanted it or not. She had given him the option. Now, all she could do was wait, and hopefully, this one would seek her out. And if he did, he wouldn't regret doing so. Rianara would make sure of that.

Rianara has left the scene.
Exit.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:12 am

Dale didn't move. Not immediately. He slowly crept about, checking that Rianara had left.
Once he felt like they had, at the least, gotten far enough away not to be an issue, he snapped up the fallen ration bar and gotten moving.
Frankly, the things were many people's very definition of disgusting, but Dale was long past the point of caring what he ate as long as he could eat it. Just one of these would keep him going for a while, and that was what mattered.
For now...he was going to find a place to rest a while. And all the while, the offer he'd been presented lurked in his mind...

]>---ABSCOND---<[
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 pm

He's gunna feel that one in the morning....

The Gears of Fate are ever turning

Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] H4AY5n6Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] UBYhQAY

Ria of the Chariot and Dale of the Aeon have forged a bond..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]   Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale] Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch Your Back [Ria/Dale]
Page 1 of 1