Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] Empty
PostSubject: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 10:26 am

Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] Mgdj9fy

"We meet again, Successor of Yomi."

It mattered little where the Wild Card was or what she was in the middle of doing. Shiina would find herself in a room that was rarely visited. At least, until the Queen opened its services to Class Zero. It mattered little in the grand scheme of things. The usual attendants, the boy and the woman, were present with them. But as usual, they stood there without any semblance of emotion. Near them was someone more familiar than the two in all of their hooded glory. "Congratulations are in order in light of your recent triumph. However, a few matters must be broached in our short time together. Limmure."

As if his mere utterance of her name was a command, the bound woman began to address Shiina, "As a Soldier of Order, your successes are a tribute to the Queen. They ensure the Order, her Order, is the rigid and all-encompassing chain required to bind tightly around the harmful chaotic nature of the City's masses deep inside of them. You've seen for yourself the few mavericks the Queen desires to keep under control. You are aware of what they are capable and surely you must realize what happens when that chain is broken for the rest of the City. There are those, even within the hoard of ravenous hounds, who truly wish to break these safeguards. To match them, you must reach the several peaks of your potential to succeed."

"Your progress is advancing the further you confront these challenges ahead of you. Since your awakening, you have unlocked many egos within you. Despite your failure to secure Alice, your capture of the Demon Painter has put your current record at a balance as we speak. It is suggested that you prevent future failures to uphold your 'oath'. His Majesty expects results from you and your fellow Cadets." The boy who spoke after Limmure had no change in his expression. His very mannerisms were mechanical, but was doll-like in appearance. Even after speaking, he simply stared ahead without any so much of a visible expectation of a reply. The unknown threads that connected with him were tight, but lax at the very moment until he was needed and was addressed to. There was something strange about him, but also about Limmure whose eyes were hidden. As handpicked staff of the Queen, they held secrets to themselves as much as they had a lot to offer to the Cadets. Oh how little did this Wild Card know.

Last edited by Godai on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 10:52 am

Shiina's usual tea breaks didn't often result in her drifting off into a weird room. It's not like it was particularly impressive either, it was just disappointing to suddenly find no tea in front of her... So the Wild Card just sighed and looked up. Yeah, that's about what she expected. Nothing terribly new...

Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] Llys9Kc

//"..."//

What was new was the two other people trying to lecture her. Shiina couldn't really say she appreciated it, especially when it was just obvious garbage she had already heard and learned before. So the Tsurinai leaned against her fist, elbow on the armrest of her chair and raised an eyebrow with a bored expression. It wasn't out of confidence or cockiness, or out of disrespect for these other two, more so because she didn't like having her praises sung and liked repeat cautions thrown at her even less.

Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] 3f9bedf7b18e1744d48033d5b2a7dbfd1057b173_hq

//"Are you done?"//

She paused for a second to confirm.

//"I don't need people to congratulate me, I just did my job. Correctly this time. If you're going to praise anyone, praise the Cadets who made a perfect first impression during this mission."// Shiina shifted to her other arm. //"So what else did you bring me here for? I only get called out like this when I need to be told something important, after all. Time doesn't stop for us Cadets so I can't be wasting it here."// It was cold, but that's how it needed to be. If it was anyone else praising her work against the Demon Painter she'd gladly accept it, but she couldn't trust Lou Siffer's words, or his underlings'. At least not yet.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 11:21 am

They were quiet, but it didn't seem as if they were at all fazed at her reaction. Though, the hooded man cracked an amused smile under his concealing garb. Nevertheless, it was all just a part of business. It helped that all parties inside the Masque of Red right now knew this. There was still a sense of a 'gentle stir' in the air. It came from Lou Siffer, "Well said, and so we shall get to the point. You are here because of your recent experiences and so you shall return here the more you succeed and the more you fail. It is all a part of your growth until you reach the zenith possible... or you gain an untimely end. The two you see here in the Masque of Red are Limmure and Jale. Each shall offer their services to you and your allies shall you require it in this facsimile of a room. But we shall always be watching your progress."

He gave a nod to Jale to continue. "As a Soldier of Order, you surely heard of the rumors of one of Isla's retainers committing crimes under his jurisdiction. Assume they were true. You also know the motivations of one of the mavericks for his heinous crimes you captured recently. We ask of you, what is true justice? Where do you find it in your recent experiences? What have you learned from this?"
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 12:11 pm

//"Hmm, sou ka..."//

Having these two provide some assistance to the Cadets was sure to be useful, at the very least. Though, she wasn't sure how many times she'd need to come to this room in the future. Her zenith? That could take months, even years to achieve. Shiina was a realist, and she knew that her power wasn't even close to its maximum, even if there was indeed a Persona she could recognize had no more room to grow.

//"You're giving me a heavy question today, aren't you?"// Shiina leaned back and hummed. //"I've tried to understand the Demon Painter's reasoning for the past day. Even if he went about it in entirely the wrong way, I don't think his feelings were entirely unjustified when he wished to take justice into his own hands. But he recognized he wasn't a hero, nor was he trying to be one. Is justice something only heroes are meant to use?"// There was a conundrum to think about here, and Shiina didn't have the answer to this rhetorical question either. //"Our Queen's retainer, though, I can't really put my finger on them. Without knowing their thought process I can't exactly understand the reasoning behind their actions. That's when you really need to ask if there is any possible justification for those kinds of actions."//

And again, there was an impasse. It would be stupid to come to a conclusion based off of rumors alone, wouldn't it? There was always an explanation, a deeper layer to uncover, there was always more depth to a person than just what actions they took.

//"So I will say true justice is something I can't understand yet. No matter what I say, it will be up to the individual person to know what their own sense of justice is, won't it? But I can say this much. Just or not, even enemies are only human, treating them as animals or worse is if nothing else the very opposite of true justice."// That's why they were given a second chance, right?
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 11:17 am

Whether Lou Siffer was pleased or not, they would not show it. But they didn't seem very surprised by Shiina's answer. Both Attendants by his side continued to dispassionately stand by him without notable reaction to her words. "Understanding what it truly means to you is imperative to your growth. It shall facilitate the last stages leading you to the zenith of your potential. You are naught, but a germinating seed. Your experiences as a Wild Card and as Isla's Soldier will facilitate your growth to eventually and finally reach that answer. Thus we shall await for that moment when you can finally reach it."

The woman continued after him. "You must understand the relevance Justice possesses over Order. Consistency. Reasoning. Warranting. Merit. Control. These are things that form the fabrics of the status quo woven by the threads of Order. Man is by all means a complicated and chaotic animal. From her rise to the lofty throne, your Queen understood this and thus she spread her chains over the entirety of Endymion to keep it from destroying itself from losing itself to Chaos. Despite this, there are few who break free and understand the City for what it truly is. Your claim that treating your enemies as animals is an act of injustice despite your lacking understanding of what true justice is and your role as a Soldier of Order. Explain why you categorize it as unjust."

The perfect Soldier without a true understanding of what justice is undoubtedly lacking in understanding what Order was. Both concepts were peas in a pod, united and symbiotic to one another until the other slacks. Despite her ignorance, that is exactly why they were here, to help her reach to that answer.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 11:56 am

//"At least you're getting to the point... It should be obvious by now what separates humans from the rest of the animal kingdom. No matter whether it's a Terrorist or a Cadet, they're still human and have motivations that drive them to picking a path. After defeating the Demon Painter, I found myself asking if... well, if fate had taken a different turn or been less kind to me, if I hadn't chosen his path myself."//

//"I can recognize that morality is subjective, and that there are many who won't agree with me, but it's against my own justice to disrespect those I fight. We're made of the same flesh and materials, born from the same ancestor, the only thing that sets us apart is the hand fate dealt to us and the choices we made upon reflecting on it. That's my justice. Even those with less power or even without it at all should still be allowed to live."//
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 12:51 am

"A humanitarian, but more empathetic outlook than I once believed of you. Your ability to acknowledge your enemies, despite the conflict they have in purpose with you, make for an intriguing answer indeed." a small chuckle escapes them. They were amused by what she said, it showed there was a sliver of growth ongoing. Or perhaps it was there already. Either way, there was a promise to it. Both Rei and Yomi were at odds with each other, but yet they could never acknowledge anything past the edge of their power pointed at each other. Perhaps the outcome maybe different this time around. "Be aware. Should you come to realize what true justice is and desire to realize it, there will be... a sacrifice. A life. Remember this, should you steel and drive yourself for that purpose."
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 12:22 pm

//"Is that so... well, if that's what you find interesting, then that's your prerogative. I can only hope my enemies are capable of this respect as well. Though... that's probably wishful thinking, isn't it?"//

Nevertheless, there was more to talk about. The next subject was... a weight on Shiina's mind, something that had her glance away wistfully. A sacrifice, just like Yomi's maybe? Did it matter? Did she want it to mater? This was after all a life that only luck could have given her, a chance that not many got in the first place. But that assumed the sacrifice would be hers.

//"...that makes sense. After all, Yomi's wish also required her sacrifice, didn't it?"// The Wild Card sighed. //"I'll be honest, I can't wrap my head around that right now. There's too much for me to do to really consider something like that. If that's what's meant to come at the end of the road... then I guess I can only hope that road is as long as I need it to be."// That was really the crux of this talk, wasn't it? Shiina was still inexperienced with her power. She understood how it worked, but her abilities within it were still fresh, uncultivated. The prospect of a ceiling wasn't clear in her mind, and neither was the idea of the ultimate end looming past the horizon. It was something she had to understand, but gradually, not in a single conversation.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Underneath Lou Siffer's hood, the small ghost of a smile could probably be seen through the outlines of the cloth covering his mouth. If only this Wild Card even knew. Yomi's sacrifice came at an interesting cost that perhaps even her successor couldn't even imagine. Perhaps she was also following in her footsteps as well. "Great things comes from equally great sacrifices. You have time to ponder and to reach your Answer. By the time you do, remember what we have said. Return to your World. Your next steps await you. I look forward to your future."

As they said this, the aura in the room began to shift. Before Shiina knew it, she would return to where she came from. It left Lou Siffer and the Masque's Denizens alone. But not for much longer as Lou himself began to leave as well through the door. As the door closed, Limmure and Jale remained still as statues awaiting for the next guests...

Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] Vglw77

...The ominous words of the coming future were uttered...

...Trepidation weighs heavily in each step. But they will not stave away the inevitable. Her first steps are naught, but a flicker of growth that will lead her to the end...

...All for the sake of pursuing the Perfect Order...

...Shiina has achieved Rank 3 of the Magus Social Link...

Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 1:26 pm

SQ Gained:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]   Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic] Empty

Back to top Go down

Pillar of Order [N. Wild Card Topic]
Page 1 of 1