Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] Empty
PostSubject: I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning]   I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 2:23 am

Tired. So very tired.

This wasn't your normal, garden-variety fatigue, mind you. It was an existential soreness, the very act of being was exhausting and taxing on the mind. Ritsuko felt dead inside, emotionally numb as her downcast eyes scanned the cracks in the sidewalk, lusterless and empty. Her posture was slouched, yet not drawn into herself like usual as she trudged through the wake of much taller people. The guitarist didn't want to think about things anymore, the very act of thought was drudgery, like pushing a stone slab up a slippery desert dune. Struggling. Agitating. Futile and draining. Were there a way to disappear inside herself and rest for a year meditating in the empty abyss she would... but Life wouldn't stop. The best she could hope for was an afternoon by herself recharging. The other night was an ordeal, but not one she couldn't handle. Her body ached but overall she was fine, her muscles were a little weary but other than that it was the massive emotional drain of the morning that siphoned her soul away and left nothing but a few drops to remain.

Over and over again she was assaulted and menaced with despair, brought face to face with the tragedy of her past. It tore at her, ripping her to shreds as she tried to get away until nothing was left but a shuddering mess. As she drifted through the crowd she could feel nothing else but numb. Cast in gray, disconnected from the world and her own mind... This was what death felt like. It was like... being empty. It wasn't a good feeling and not one she wanted to experience more often, but it was preferable to the sensation of her heart ripping in half slowly as she'd experienced all day thus far. Of all the things she wanted to do today, living through what she did this morning wasn't very high on her list. Though... in a sense... it was motivating. It opened old wounds long stapled shut, but that sort of festering scab was the kick in the ass she needed to start moving again. It put things in perspective. Grief? Grief was useless, but the rage behind it would carry her aching feet forward. In this moment it sucked harder than anything could, but she would become strong from it if she survived. Like she always did. Ritsuko was too stubborn to let anything kill her after all that had tried to stop her up to this point. That all had its limits nonetheless. She'd shut down again to save herself.

The notes took a while to register through the gloom, through the void that she'd created within herself to avoid feeling anymore but it was there. She couldn't ignore it, there were forces at work that wouldn't allow her to. The Muse of Song would not permit her to pass by without taking in her own language. Dull eyes glanced upward to find... Crow. The kid she had seen what seemed like ages ago before the night were to traumatize and the day were to desensitize the tortured soul. The melancholic sound pierced through her depressing veil to pick at her emotions like his namesake on carrion, tearing more painful bits away as she absorbed the music. Melancholy. Defeat. Submission. She could feel her eyes begin to grow wet again even as she'd already cried out all her tears that morning. It was what she loved and hated about her artform. It could evoke powerful feelings slumbering from deep within, and these were the closest to the truth one could ever get. But it was painful. Every single time it hurt. It was a beautiful, fantastic hurt, but it was pain all the same.

Rubbing her dry eyes, the forlorn guitarist would shuffle her feet closer to the sound of expressed agony. Just as before she sat wordlessly beside him, kicking her feet on the edge of her precipice as she existed with him for an innumerable moment in time allowing the rhythm to course through her in depressing waves before shedding her guitar case. She didn't want to carry the wait or speak to anyone. She didn't even want to exist right now. But if it had to be anywhere, she'd rather it be here.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning]   I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning] EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Nothing else existed.

The sun clambered up from the horizon like the dead returned to life, but Lance felt none of its warmth. The throngs of people bustling along with the morning rush were little more than droplets of water in a silent stream, floating past a dead stone without even registering its presence. He was barely there himself, a dully aching shell of flesh surrounding a vacuum. A black hole that sucked in light and heat, joy and passion, thought and memory.

Except one.

Over and over again, the sight of the green ghoul, its depraved, bony form. The spiraling needles that burst from its flesh, the blooms of pain across his form that throbbed in time with his current injuries. The black, the grey, the awakening. The guitarist and the dagger girl.

Every recollection brought his fingertips down upon the ivory with just a little more weight. His wounded arms moaned in protest, his thumbs throbbed as the bones thudded beneath the drone of the notes. Even the stand the instrument rested upon wobbled with uncertainty, unsure if it could bear the boy's emotions as they spilled out over the keys, absorbed into the wiring, and wrung from the speakers.

The ache and the memory were all he had left after last night, after smiling at his mother and pretending he'd just taken a bad fall while freerunning. After walking Luke and Lexi to school, to make sure nothing could bring them harm. Not that anything would, anyway; it was broad daylight, and there were Cadets practically at every corner.

But he had to make sure himself.

It was the only thing he could do now, the only comfort he had left. He now knew what the people of Endymion were really afraid of, and that there was nothing he could do to ease that fear for those he loved. He had to be aware, to see the signs and the threats before they could have the chance to strike, and yet... nothing existed.

Not even Ritsuko, as she came to sit beside him just like before. She was just another silent figure, a drop curiously misplaced by a ripple in the flow. His eyes were affixed to the pattern of black and white, the discs of ice failing to send clear signals where they needed to go. The pain was the only sensation he had left, the only mark of his existence that registered. The notes spoke on their own, now, no longer led by the hollow mind.

The black, the grey, the awakening.

The guitarist and the dagger girl.

The keys fell with more weight.

Those We Failed to Protect:

Back to top Go down

I Know What It's Like To Lose [SL Thread](Lance)[Morning]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Persona :: New Arcana :: The Out of World :: General Threads :: Archives :: Endymion :: Vista Square-
Jump to: