Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Telos

Telos

A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): Empty
PostSubject: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 pm

"My, my, you seem to be in a good mood after what happened with that girl before." Twelve said to Takeru, who was playing the piano with a cheery expression on his face.
To be exact, he was playing Korobeiniki (albiet, in english) with an absolutely magnificent touch, and even singing along somewhat in a voice that, while not formally trained, could be recognized as that of someone who played a piano. A rare treat, since the boy that not normally sing, but today, he just couldn't help himself.

"Oh my crate is so full, I've got chintz and brocade.
Take pity, oh sweety,
Of this lad's shoulder."
He sang in tune with it, singing along the other verses as he played the song.

"Er, you did lock the door, yes? You are aware that if some  curious lass walks in here, it'd get awkward, yeah?" Twelve said as Takeru played and sang the song.

"Don't worry. I did. Besides, it'd only be awkward if they knew what the song could be interpreted as." Takeru mentally replied.

Of course, he hadn't locked the door by accident. He had merely closed it, not locked it in the otherwise empty piano hall.

Meaning that anybody could walk in, and due to him being so engrossed in playing, wouldn't have noticed them until after he was done.
Back to top Go down
Zane

Zane

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Sometime during the performance Aleksandra had entered the piano hall, she was going to try her hand at the piano herself, though she knew her only musical talent was singing. Once inside she saw, and heard, someone else at the piano.

Something in her mind said she shouldn't intrude but she wanted to listen all the same. So she simply waited and watched from where she stood by the door until the song was over. A soft smile on her lips as she quietly hummed along.

When his composition came to an end she gave a soft applause as she meagerly approached.

"Impressive, did you know there were a few lines from the original poem that did not make it into the song at the end?" she asked, her accent present but not heavy enough to obscure her speech, "The Merchant never returned to his love, not because he chose not to however. After a successful trip to the market he was traveling home with his earnings but got lost. He decided to ask a forest ranger for directions but instead of providing aid, the ranger killed the merchant and stole his earnings." she explained.

"Apologies for the intrusion, I was coming in to attempt the piano but then I heard the song you were playing, it reminds me of home."
Back to top Go down
Briznotron

Briznotron

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 10:54 pm

James had been wandering around (as he was prone to do from time to time) and found himself near the Concert Halls. It was rather cold, so he tried to stay inside as much as possible.

And he then began to hear the sounds of a piano and then some soft clapping as he entered the hall. Seeing the person at the piano, as well as another person clapping to them.

"Oh! Was I interrupting something? I'll leave if ya want. The music sounded pretty great."

He said as he looked around the concert hall, trying to figure out anything he could of the people here. He was still wearing his uniform underneath the windbreaker he always wore. Lord he loved that windbreaker. He would probably have to go home soon, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 11:52 pm

"Thank you, thank you." He said upon hearing the sound of soft clapping from within the room, said on pure instinct.
Which is why about 10 seconds later, he had the realization that not just one, but two people, judging from the voices.

"What the- one... no, two people?!?!?!!?" Takeru thought. As a shocked look crossed his face.
They had heard him singing.
Them hearing him play was one thing.
Letting them hear him singing was another.
And one of them was a fairly smart girl who, judging from what he heard, had grown up in Russia.
"HA! You, oh... I can't believe this..." Twelve said, laughing.
"Uh-huh... no... don't worry about it... I know about the poem... the song probably sounds better in its mother tounge." He said to the girl, unable to really properly conjugate his sentences together from the sher embarassment he felt.

"No, no... really... it's fine..." Takeru said to the boy.
He felt like climbing into a hole right now.

"Er... I didn't sound too bad, did i...?" He asked them. Anything to take his mind off the humiliation he felt right now.
Anything.
Back to top Go down
Zane

Zane

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 12:00 am

She jumped a bit when someone spoke up behind her and looked. "No, I just wandered in here like you." she said before turning her attention to the one at the piano.

"Our Sentence structures differ from each other, so naturally if you'd like to perform a foreign song you usually need to paraphrase." she explained. However you did not sound bad, if you'd like to play again I could sing it in it's native tongue for you." She extended her offer as she approached the pianist.

"That is... of course. If you don't mind..." She trailed off, suddenly getting a bit more shy having realized she's talking to a stranger.
Back to top Go down
Briznotron

Briznotron

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 12:06 am

James smiled at the boy who was playing the piano. "You did magnificently!" He gave the boy a thumbs up. "I don't care if things were removed! That was great!" He then turned to the girl. "Oh! Yeah! I'm James by the way, it's nice to meet you two!" He said, pumping his fist excitedly. "But you can call me 'Best Person Ever!'." Hah! That was a lie and James knew it. At best he was average, but still, people don't like people who think they aren't great, so he kept up the lie.
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 12:25 am

The girl seemed nice, even offering to sing in Russian for him if he wanted her too.
The boy, on the other hand, James, he could be a little less energetic.
Although it did make him realize he should introduce himself.
"At least they like it" Takeru thought.
"Sure. I'm Takeru. And you are...?" He said to the girl, ignoring James entirely, getting ready to play again.
Back to top Go down
Zane

Zane

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 12:32 am

She lowered her head a bit. "Aleksandra, it's a pleasure to meet you." She then took a few steps off towards center stage and took a deep breath, "Accessing... I'm ready." She accidentally announced her accessing her memories, after the fact she hoped they didn't notice.

She smiled to James and then looked over to Takeru and gave him a nod. "Start whenever you're ready." There was a sizable pause between the start of the song and the start of the lyrics so she was confident she could time herself to Takeru's piano.
Back to top Go down
Briznotron

Briznotron

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 12:44 am

James cocked his head to the side when she said 'accessing' but he supposed that could just be her thing. After all, he always envisioned his head as this big building filled with monsters someone would have to fight to get to memories or feelings or whatever. Either way, he sat down right in front. "Good luck guys! And I'll give you a score on how well I think you did! Kay? And it'll be an accurate one! I'm a great critic!"
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 1:05 am

Aleksandra. So that was her name. He ignored the boy, and though the girl's remark made him pause for a bit, he decided to write it off as an eccentricity.
"One, two, three, four." He said, before he began to play.
Back to top Go down
Zane

Zane

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 1:23 am

As he began to play she tapped her foot and nodded to the pace of the music so she'd know when to chime in. Once the point in the song came up she began to sing.

Oy polnym polna moya korobushka
Yest' i sitets i parcha.
Pozhaley, dusha-zaznobushka,
Molodetskogo plecha.

Her voice was very melodic as she sang, each verse flowing perfectly. She didn't make a single mistake through the whole song, partly because of the fact she was a machine, partly because of the fact she loved Russian folk songs and sang them often anyways.

As the song came to an end she held a fading last note before quickly covering her face in embarrassment. She managed to suppress it through the song but as soon as it came to an end, her shyness got the better of her. "H-how did I sound?" She asked, glancing between the both of them between her fingers.
Back to top Go down
Briznotron

Briznotron

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 1:31 am

James stood up, looking at the ground, slowly walking to in front of where Aleksandra was. "That..." He looks her in the eyes. "Was..." He keeps looking.... "AMAZING!" He said loudly before jumping into the air and fistpumping once he landed. "I couldn't understand a word! But it sounded like heaven!" He smiled widely at Aleksandra. He then looked at Takeru. "You did great too piano person!"
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 2:13 am

He ignored the boy critic altogether.
He should have referred to him by name now that he knew it.
"Oh, like you haven't done that before." Twelve said.

As for Aleksandra..
"You... you sounded beautiful. That was superlative performance." He said.
They had made a perfect duet together.
That, and her singing in a foreign language was impressive.
It really did sound good in its mother tounge.
Honestly, she sounded better than the idol he knew.
And said idol had professional training.
Back to top Go down
Zane

Zane

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 2:24 am

She blushed and nodded. "T-Thank you. You did really well too Takeru." She said before giving a curtsy. She then approached Takeru again, lightly leaning against the Piano.

"I'm glad I didn't mess up... This is my first time singing for anyone other than father..." she said, scratching her cheek a bit before she decided to adjust her eye bandage."Thank you for your compliment as well James."

Her sheepishness seemed to have receded just enough for her to feel comfortable talking to the two, though she was still nervous. "I'm new in town, I just moved here and Father had to stay in The Motherland for his work at the lab..."
Back to top Go down
Briznotron

Briznotron

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 11:32 am

"You sure did great! And Takeru, I've never heard better piano here.... Ever!" He said heading to the piano, not wanting to be pushed out of the conversation or ignored.

Oh god he hoped he wasn't being excluded from the conversation! He knew he wasn't good at this but he wasn't THAT bad! Was he? Either way, he'd have to salvage this! "So.... How about that weather we're having huh?" Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):   A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt): Empty

Back to top Go down

A Peddler, a Girl, and a Piano (For Zach and Matt):
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next