Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana Empty
PostSubject: Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana   Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 5:12 am

Against my better judgement, no matter how inane and flawed it is, I figured I might just do a little thread on the Darkest Dungeon. I’ll be playing it and naming characters after the membership on the site. So it’s more or less just another shitty Let’s Play, go figure. Been a while since I last played the game, so I'll be going into this semi-dark. This whole thing won’t have a set-schedule. So I’ll just do it whenever I got the time or when I feel like I got time to kill. So I’ll introduce what the game is.

Darkest Dungeon is a heavily RNG-driven Dungeon-based RPG that will emasculate you faster than a Chinese eunuch got his “yang bells” cut off. Difficult, yet it has an atmosphere that can be well appreciated if you’re into Lovecraftian stories, a voice narrator that makes you want to copulate with his beautiful voice, and has some very simple and unique gameplay of its own right. The player must learn to manage the physical and mental health of their mercenaries in a glorious bloody and horrifying crusade in order to, I quote:

Quote :
to bring light back to the most god-forsaken corner of the world - a corner that only got as fucked as it was because your ancestor was a dick and unearthed shit that was better left alone.

The descendant of said ancestor, who I will affectionally dub as Philemon, is tasked to hire a bunch of mercenaries to take back her land. Why? Well, remember how it was fucked? A bunch of hooligans with fluid dickery to occupy what is rightfully hers, a coterie of ravenous rip-your-throat-out monsters, and a menagerie of mind-breaking degenerate horrors all have begun to infest the hamlet and the area around it. But of course, Philemon, with her kind and blessed heart, wants to bring back anything that have the faintest resemblance of hope to this unrepentant shithole.  

God save her soul.

So two ways to play this: treat your characters like used condoms or treat them like your own spawned offspring. They’re both difficult ways to play. The former considering they’ll die a lot and  you’d have to keep replacing them. The latter because you’ll have to sacrifice a shitload. You’ll see what I mean.

You will arrive along the old road. It winds with a troubling, serpent-like suggestion through the corrupted countryside. Leading only, I fear to ever more tenebrous places. There is a sickness in the ancient pitted cobbles of the old road and on its writhing path you will face viciousness, violence, and perhaps other damnably transcendent terrors. So steel yourself and remember: there can be no bravery without madness. The old road will take you to hell, but in that gaping abyss we will find our redemption.

Out of the stagecoach and onto the soft earth of this living hell. Your first two mercs are working as part of your ambitious and horrendously unwise campaign to cleanse your ancestral line of the horrors set free in the past. Some of your employees came here for the daily paycheck, others came here to fulfill their moral inclinations to free the world of evil with one fired bullet or one sword swing at a time. But they all came here willing to throw themselves in harm’s way. I present you our first two sacrifices, Grantus and Kahn.

Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana BOV7CCx

They take their first steps onto this cesspool of degeneracy after they survived a stagecoach crash because the Caretaker apparently aspires to be a driver that rivals the dopeness of Snoop Dogg high on that delicious kush. And he conveniently fucks off elsewhere, leaving us alone to deal with the shittery ahead. How nice of him.

The hamlet is ahead, but their path is blocked by a forest infested with brigands and monsters. Just as they were minding their own business, they get to enjoy the company of this shithole’s inhabitant trying to say hi by shivving you with his butter knife.

Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana ExGjbX2

Dispatch this thug in brutal fashion, that all may hear of your arrival!

Grantus and Kahn kick his ass to the curb, no biggie. Like the gracious gentleman he is, Grantus returns the bandit’s greeting with friendly repeated and aggravated stabbings because red always goes well with everything. Amirite? Kahn finishes off by showing off what law school taught him, with a litigation to the face. Turns out all that book reading and those sleepless nights have been paying off, good on him.

Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana YTp21PV

Now they’re free to try to head to festering degenerate of a hamlet. But not before they help themselves to wonderful goodies in their recent neighbor’s tent. Because what? You don’t murder your neighbor in the face and sneak into their home to steal their worthless shit as a respectful human custom? You uncultured swine, what have you been doing until then?

Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana R7LVvrd

After taking what everything of meagre worth from that dinky tent, our heroes find themselves meeting more of the hamlet’s inhabitants. Clearly, they were such lovable people to the first, word got out that they were great people. Gran starts off with by busting a cap while Kahn decides to make himself look more presentable by suiting up. But as usual, all happy things come to an end and thus our visitors departed six feet under. Trust me, don't touch this. Good thing that Grantus can disease resist now.

Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana T5l2noA

So they're finally home and yup, it's a dilapidated shithole alright. If New Arcana ever had the misfortune to close down, this is what we will all see as we look back. Might have more crudely drawn 'Where's Rinna' memes and some scribbling of desperate and degenerate waifu-ism's. Oh well, I digress.

Our heroes finally arrive bloody and full of grime. As they set their eyes on the ruins of what was left of Philemon's ancestral line, what kind of thoughts could be racing within their skulls? In the midst of their silent reflection, insidious dangers lurk and bide their time with deadly cunning. In the abyss, what horrors await them in the future?
Back to top Go down
GioGio

GioGio

PostSubject: Re: Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana   Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Let me guess, there will be a Jester named Azami?
Back to top Go down
TheDeathNaught1

TheDeathNaught1

PostSubject: Re: Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana   Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 3:27 pm

Bounty Hunter maybe?
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana   Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 4:27 am

I'm going to assume that there will be a Vestal named Maria.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana   Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkest Dungeon: New Arcana
Page 1 of 1