Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Telos

Telos

Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): Empty
PostSubject: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 11:20 pm

Selenus would find himself in a large, desolate Junkyard. Not to far off from there, there would be a set of 5 figures.

The figures:

The largest one, the leader, the one in a purple, menacing-looking mask called out into the distance, separating from the rest of the group.

The Leader:

"SELENUS!" He called out into the distance.
"The game's up, and the rest of your companions are dead. This has gone on long enough, and i'd like to think you're getting sick of this, so i'm going to give you a choice:" He said.

"One, you come out here right now, and I kill you personally. Or two, me and my crew come out looking for you, and when we inevitably do, we give you a slow, very painful, and very cruel death. You killed our pet, after all. You have 5 minutes to decide." He said.

"I'm not lying, either! On my honor as the Direct Recall squad leader, I will honor your choice!" He yelled.

Now Selenus must decide.
Stay and fight? Or run and die another day?

Recall Squad Leader's Stats:
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 11:53 pm

Slowly walking into The Leader's field of view, Selenus, clad in his Psyche Terrorist outfit, would silently draw one of his knives from his hip using his tail.

>EMOTIONDRIVEERROR
>Emotion Drive has encountered the following error: SystemOverload.
>Suspend further operations until manual reactivation of the emotion drive? (Y/N)

>Y

The moon, shining brightly above the battlefield, currently had no effect on Selenus. No encouragement, no empathy, no relaxation. Nothing

The leader, standing menacingly in front of him, currently had no effect on Selenus. No infuriation, no hatred, no desire to destroy. Nothing.

The memories of his friends, sitting idly in the back of his mind, currently had no effect on Selenus. No aggravatgion, no nostalgia, no sorrow. Nothing

The only thing that remained in Selenus's mind was his mission.

Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): Selenu14

"I choose secret option number 3: You regret having crossed paths with me."

Selenus:

Actions:

Last edited by Moonie on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 12:40 am

"Hm? Oh, well, my thoughts exactly. That's option 1 then: You regret crossing paths with me as I beat the life out of you personally." The leader said, grimacing a bit under the force of the blow.
"And to prove that I really did kill all of your little companions... here." He said, tossing several things at the ground in front of Selenus.
"Think about it as I kill you." He said, standing still for a bit before beginning to move.
A torn clown's hat, the remains of 8D.
A pair of scorched glasses, the remains of what was left of Gabe.
A shorted-out bloodstained mic, the only remains of what was once Nola Allaway.

"Do you want to know how they died?" he asked Selenus. "Pathetically." he answered.
"The magician thought he could handle the heat.... that is, until Tesarus showed him his personal smelting pit. Up close and personal. You should have seen him burn, he was like a firework. Noisy, and exploded red and black all over." He began as he fired one shot back at Selenus.

"The girl was standing back, supporting them, and we couldn't have that, now could we? So Vos and Kaon subjected her to a little facial makeover, and a good round of electroshock therapy, respectively. By the time they were done, you could barely tell she was human." He said, as he fired the second shot.

"As for the clown... we all laughed as Helex showed him just how badly reality can grind on one's self. Literally." He said for emphasis. "Helex shoved him in to his chest grinder.... legs first, then all the way." he added, letting the implications set in.

Actions:

Stats of the leader:

OOC notes::

Last edited by Telos on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 1:02 am

Completely unfazed by The Leader's taunt, Selenus kept walking slowly towards him while completely silent, the intent to kill set heavily on his mind. As he approached The Leader, his paw broke Gabe's glasses even further.

Selenus:

Actions:
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 1:40 am

"Good. You're still alive after that. That means I get to play with you a bit longer. I wonder if Kaon will domesticate you like we did the Pet?" The leader wondered aloud.
"But do be more amusing than that. You haven't done much other than make yourself a bit stronger. I'm afraid you're going to have to do better than that. Hmm.... I wonder what would motivate you?" He said, thinking out loud, all the while making sure there was no safe opening for Selenus to attack from.

"Oh I know. Recognize these?" The leader said, throwing out two pairs of shoes and a knife. To be exact, the shoes belonged to Tatsui and Frogerio. The knife was Aya's.

"The boy tried to run away. Shame he ran into Helex instead. Very messy, especially since he ran in head-first." The leader said, describing it in great detail. " The other woman was very persistent, even after Kaon shocked her, and Vos gave her a makeover, she wouldn't quit fighting. Helex had to shred her too. Very messy and stainful. Do you know how long it takes to clean those blades?" He asked Selenus.

"Now finally, the one who put up the most fight was the crazy boy. He lost his legs to Helex, got burned by Tesarus, subjected to Kaon and Vos's cruel hands, and still, he lived." The leader said.
"I had to lower my voice to finally do him in. You should have seen it. It was hard, but he exploded magnificently as a result." He added.

"Now... be a good boy and stay still." He said, as a blast of purple energy fired out from the cannon.

Action::

Stats of the leader::
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 2:39 am

Staggering slightly at the gravitational force unleashed from The Leader's cannon, Selenus quickly regained his balance and stayed a moderate distance away from his target.
Selenus:

Actions:
Heat Riser = 3/3
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 2:56 am

"Hmph. No reaction still? Very well. This is getting boring. Time for a little more... drastic measures. I don't expect you to recognize one of the next gifts... but the next one is one I expect even your emotional blockers to snap under." The leader said, throwing out two things.
A charred black coffin, or rather what remained of it. The only thing left that was once Maria.
The second was a lighter that Selenus would recognize.
It was Newman's Lighter. The definite article, slightly dented, but his.
The leader picked it up.
"The last woman this coffin belongs to used a demon weapon. We dispatched her easily. You should have seen the look on her face as she fought. She had no chance." The leader said.

"As for this... I know you recognize it." The leader said, holding it.
"He died similarly to the crazy one, except the whole time, he was screaming your name. He was begging you to save him." He said, gradually lowering his voice, switching over to inter-ASSW radio, having hacked Sel's personal channel.
"You know what he said with his dying breath?" He asked Sel, slowly lowering down his voice to the killing level. You see, by lowering his voice to the same volume of the target's 'heart', and letting it fall in timbre, he could literally convince it to give up. Which is what he was about to do. Even if Sel did manage to cut it off in time, it would still have a chance of taking effect.
"He said 'I hate you Selenus. You stupid, stupid dog.'. That's right. He hated you with his dying breath." He said, now one step away from it.

"Now die knowing that in the end, you are alone." He said, triggering the voice's full effect, and crushing the lighter in his hand. If it succeeded, Selenus would explode magnificently in a dark cloud, his plume shattering as his fuel and fluids spontaneously combusted all at once from the violent energy surge that would be the trigger for the whole explosion. It would leave little more than a smoking crater behind with it, the grave of a lone wolf.

Action: :

Stats::
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 3:45 am

When The Leader dropped two more items, the sight of Newman's custom lighter made Selenus look at it for a few seconds, completely devoid of emotions, then look back at The Leader. As he whispered whatever he was whispering into his radio. Selenus didn't care.

>EmotionTimedFilter
>Temporarily reactivate which emotion?
>Anger
>Please set the timer for the shutdown of this emotion
>10S

Whatever The Leader was doing was causing Selenus's systems to overflow with energy, and by all means he SHOULD have exploded into a million pieces, but... Something inside of his systems refused to overheat. It was as if his systems had suddenly grown a conscience.

And they all refused to die.

Selenus's visors shone red with a light bright enough to blind any human instantly, and he let out a roar that would instantly puncture any ear drums that heard it. It was not sorrow, it was not determination, it was pure, unbridled wrath.

Selenus shook off the overload of his sytems like it was nothing, and his Persona flew at The Leader at speeds that would put a fighter jet to shame, spear in hand.
Selenus:

Actions:
Heat Riser = 2/3
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 4:45 am

"Urgh-!" The leader grunted, momentarily flinching from the force of the blow.
"Good. You're angry. That makes this fun." He said.
"Now then... it's my turn to show you pain." He added.
Secretly, however, he did something on a private channel.
"Kaon, Vos, get ready to snipe him on my command. Helix, Tesarus,circle around and get behind him in case he tries to make a run for it." He ordered them. They would then start to scramble around, running around secretly, taking advantage of Selenus being distracted by their leader.
For Phase 2::

Last edited by Telos on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 4:57 am

OOC: New Phase 2 Tactics:
Gained Enduring Soul.

Tension: 50%: Snipe: T2 Moderate Phys dmg. Cannot miss, but cannot crit.

Tension 75%: Electrotherapy: Removes all buffs and does T2 Electric damage.

Tension 100%: Smelting: Does T3 Fire Damage to Selenus.

Tension 125%: Grindcore: Two T2 slash hits that have a 20% chance of insta-kill.

Tension 150%: The voice. You know what it does.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 6:49 pm

>Timer exceeded
>Anger shutting down

Having returned to his senses (or lack thereof, rather) Selenus focused once again on strategy. Thankfully, he didn't miss the fact that The Leader's lackies were no longer behind him. Suspecting them up to something, Selenus shifted his center of gravity to make himsealf as heavy as possible to brace for impact.

Selenus:

Actions:
Heat Riser = 1/3
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 7:17 pm

"Hm? Where's the anger of before...? Oh, don't tell me you shut it down again?" The leader said, sighing.
"Looks like i'll have to prod you again... because, really, don't make me use the voice again. I will use it if I get bored... and i'm beginning to." The leader said, lowering it down a notch to make his point.
"Vos, take the shot now." The leader said using the internal comms they shared.
And then out of nowhere, a bullet flew out of nowhere, and it was so quick, Selenus would have no time to dodge, especially since he was focused on defending. Selenus would feel the impact hit him hard, but not as much if he were wide open.
Then, the leader struck with two much more powerful shots from his cannon. These would hurt Selenus badly, but again, the fact that Sel was defending would save him today.

Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Attempting to counter Snipe Attack. Countered from 7 to 10:

Random number (1,10) :

Attempting to dodge or counter Arrow Rain. Dodged from 8 to 10, countered from 7 to 10:

1st shot dodge
Random number (1,10) :

1st shot counter
Random number (1,10) :

2nd shot dodge
Random number (1,10) :

2nd shot counter
Random number (1,10) :
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 8:30 pm

OOC: As Jerry pointed out, the chance of dodging should've been from 10 to 7 instead of 10 to 8, which means the second attack missed.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Selenus would flinch slightly as the sniper bullet hit his body, but other than that would be unfazed. Things would change, however, when a flurry of energy arrows shot from The Lader's cannon. Selenus quickly stepped to the side and dodged in time, but mid-way through the flurry the trajectory of the arrows switched and aimed towards his new location. His tail began to hit every arrow back at the Leader. Selenus was having none of that shit.

"Is that all?"
Selenus:

Actions:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):   Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus): Empty

Back to top Go down

Risky Challenge: Defeat Enemy only using Physical attacks: (Selenus):
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next