Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Letter to the Forced Pair

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Calamarie

Calamarie

A Letter to the Forced Pair Empty
PostSubject: A Letter to the Forced Pair   A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Dear Hyacintha Rose and Snow,

It's been a while, hasn't it? I don't expect you to know who this is... Who this might even be. If you wish to satisfy your curiosity, please, find your way to the one place I never got to show you. There's a park in Penecia that looks out into the sea, a willow tree is positioned near a cliff side. I was planning to take you out for Valentines back then... However, something happened that ended what romance we could have had. I even received Snow's blessing... Sad, isn't it? To know that there could have been something between us... Something beautiful... Only to be ended by something out of our hands... I wish to see you and Snow again... I'll be there at midnight... Please come...

Sincerely,
Red

~~ * ~~

A Letter to the Forced Pair X7cW0qj

And so the shadow waited. He sat under the willow tree with a placid face, his left arm slightly raised for the puppet to hang limply from his wrist. He didn't know why he had chosen her first... Her and Snow... Why where they so special to the shadow...? They had no direct correlation to his death... Yet their names had never left him when he was asleep... But of course he would want to see them first... Why wouldn't he...?

The boy had loved Hyacintha... She was the first one that made him feel that emotion. He loved the girl... Even in his death... It was an insane love now... His fractured mind not quite processing the repercussions of his eventual actions... Why was this so hard...? Why was this so... Unbelievable? He'd wait... Wait in silence... Wait in the middle of the night until the pair arrived...

What would he do when he saw them...? He didn't quite know... He'd probably break down... His mind couldn't handle much... Was this a smart idea...? It probably wasn't... Tears began falling from the boy's face... He was crying now... And before he knew it, he was slamming the doll into the ground as he had done a bit earlier... He was insane... And before long, he had returned to how he originally was. His left arm gently raised to let the doll fall limply from his wrist. He was truly gone... And time ticked on... On and on until midnight came about... Would the two show up...? There was hope... Hope for nothing... Yet everything at the same time...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Letter to the Forced Pair   A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Snow was standing on the edge of a ladder trying to knock down the now empty wasp's nest from the side of the house when the most unexpected thing occurred. A mail truck actually stopped at their house! As the lady got out and looked at the house with a frown, she would shrug before waddling over to the mailbox and placing something within the box. Snow, who had frozen and was hidden by the house, watched as the truck moved on and then after a few moments, he would look back at the wasp's nest and take one more swing at it with the broom.

Whap!

With a satisfying light crunch, the thing would come down and land softly on the ground. With that mission accomplished Snow would get off the ladder and fold it up. With the old yet sturdy ladder on one shoulder, he would lean down and pick up the nest in one gloved hand before making his way back to the hidden storage room. He would toss the nest into a small trash can that needed to be empty and then go in the shed to put the ladder up. He would return to the side of the house to pick up the broom and was about to simply go back inside, but found himself halting as he remembered the mail.

Had…had that really occurred? Sure people knew they were here, but the mail had never been started up again...so was what he saw an odd hallucination?

Curious, Snow would walk around the house and towards the mail box. He would open it and peek inside to see there was indeed a delivery there. How strange. He would reach into the box and take the item out before closing it. As he began to drift towards the back door he would examine the envelope in his hand looking for signs of who may of sent it, but outside of their address and a stamp…there was nothing. Hmmm…

He entered the house and placed the broom in a corner before pausing in the small rain room to open the envolop. Inside, he would find a letter and he would begin reading it. At first he was calm, but then even he could not handle what he saw. This was…was…

Snow stared at the letter as if it was some form of foreign creature he had picked up that he wasn’t sure how he was supposed to handle it. This letter….it could not be and yet…yet it was right here…and Hyacintha? If she found out then…

“Oh, Snow you finished outside already?” her happy voice filtered into his ears and caused him to flinch for the first time ever in his life. She had actually startled him.

To this, Hyacinthat titled her head with a small smile.

“You okay?” she asked as Snow seemed to be flustered about something. He had his back to her, but why?

“I am….” Snow began and then shook his head and turned to face her. A piece of paper was clutched in his left hand; however, Hyacintha was not focused on that as she took in the look upon Snow’s face. It was a mix of fear and confusion, but why?
Hyacintha’s smile faded as she took a step towards him, concerned. To this action, he would tense a bit before managing to get his mouth to work again.

“I am not sure how I am anymore. Perhaps…perhaps I have gone mad…” Snow said before pausing and reluctantly lifting the paper in his hand to show her. Feeling more confuse,d she took the paper from him and then read the words there. Slowly, her expression changed from confused to shock and scared.

Snow bit his lip as he saw this. Maybe the letter was too much for her after all. Damn!

“Snow...” she said her voice so quiet that even he could barely pick it up as he took a step towards her.

“Yes?”

“Let’s go…and see with our eyes the truth…” she finished.

“Yes…”was the soft response back.

Hours of silence and uncertainity later, Hyacintha and Snow made their way to the spot indicated in the letter. As they approached the tree under the dark skies, the strange tree spoken of seemed to glow within the small amount of light given off from the sliver of a moon above. The tree was beautiful and calming, but the pair here were not here for the sight seeing. No they both needed to know…was the writer of the letter "him"?

They kept walking getting closer and closer to the tree where a figured waited for them. As soon as Snow saw the figure, he froze as a variety of feelings assaulted him. Good. Bad. Good. Bad…what was this? Unable to focus for the moment, Snow did his best to get himself out of this jam caused by his senses.

Hyacintha, meanwhile, had loosen her grip on Snow’s arm as she drifted a few steps forward before halting. She felt scared, confused, happy, and torn all at once as she looked at the pale figure there. It was…was…

“N-Nilo..?” she managed to get the name out in barely a whisper as she stood frozen to the spot her mind not comprehending what was happening. This could not be...
Back to top Go down
Calamarie

Calamarie

PostSubject: Re: A Letter to the Forced Pair   A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Silence consumed the night. It was if all life left this certain area of the park... All except the beautiful willow tree and the one lone figure below it. The moon was pale and large on this silent night, the stars numerous yet their glow gave no comfort to the few in this present moment. Everything was so frightening... Nothing made sense... Should any of them be happy? Should they instead run and hide? Not even the boy knew as he turned his head to where Hyacintha was now standing.

A Letter to the Forced Pair Near-near-2219352-420-483

Tears ran down the boy's face as he saw her face. She was the only person he had ever loved... He was still enamored by her... Seeing her there, right now, it made his heart beet against his chest. He was terrified though... Absolutely scared... He was dead. There where no two ways about it... The Nilo she knew was gone, replaced with the fractured minded and broken shadow that stood only a few meters away from her. The boy's tears soon dried up as he clenched his jaw, anger soon and violently taking him over as the boy quickly seemed to become a specter to the forced pair.

He moved closer, his eyes suddenly engulfed by rage. He hated them... The sight of these two... They made him angrier than words could describe. He was seething, teeth grinding as a cool wind blew through the park. The willow tree behind them soon shedding some of its glowing leaves as they floated off the cliff and to the sea. It wasn't long until the boy spoke... Cold and malicious... Words that where laced with the utmost hate... Yet, something about them seemed... Fake.

A Letter to the Forced Pair Tumblr_nb6nrbQNhg1te8ucbo1_500

"It has been a while... So? A ghost stands before you... What will you do, forced pair?"

Silence over took the boy after he said his words, his anger soon flashing away as tears dripped down his face. The puppet gently swayed in the still present wind, its dark smile a contrast to the real tears that escaped the possible specter of the boy. He was in pain... Anger and sorrow over taking him... Guilt... Why did he feel guilty...?

"Did you ever find out how I died...? I bet you didn't... I wasn't worth enough to you, was I? I was just another fawn ready to be hunted by you two... I-I wasn't worth anything... A-And now I'm here, crying... B-Because I loved you so much... A-And it doesn't matter... B-Because I'm gone... Forever..." the boy said through sobs, his left arm raised so that he could cry into it. The puppet stared at the two that came, its blank eyes seeming to wait... What would they do? Could they even do anything to make the boy think other wise? Anger soon over took him though, his eyes becoming enraged too quickly for even the shadow to remember.

"I loved you! And I ended up being nothing to you! You wanted to save me, hah! No one's ever given me the light a day! Why would two high class members of society even give a suicidal piece of garbage like me the time of day!? I was just a pawn, huh!? A pawn to get something out of life! Maybe even some form of sick amusement!" the boy shouted out, anger encompassing him as his hands balled up into tight fists. He shook in anger, his eyes showing how insane the shadow had become. But, before his insane anger could even continue, sorrow and depression took him over, forcing the boy to his knees.

"... I-I'm sorry I-I left you... I-I hate my self for l-leaving you two... I-I wanted to say so m-much... A-And I never did... T-To do so much... A-And I couldn't... I'm worthless... Worthless... Why would you even come to see something like me... A broken reflection..." the boy cried out, his right arm covering his face as he bent over. The emotions continued pouring out more violently one after another... And every word he said was the truth as he saw it. Every doubt, every regret, every hope, every truth the shadow knew, he spoke. How would the forced pair react to the broken shadow...?

Relivant Potentials:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Letter to the Forced Pair   A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 6:26 pm

She was trembling as she stayed in her spot. She was frozen as she looked at the boy under the tree as her mind whirled in a chaotic circle. Nilo Lockwood…..she had only known the boy for a short period of time, but during that time she had found a family with him and his mother. She was so happy and even happier that Snow seemed to be accepting them too. She loved him, but had been too afraid to say the words out loud, so Snow had gave the hint to the other for her. She was so happy and looked forward to a happy future with the three of them, but then…then Nilo died and her world came crashing down.

When she had lost him she was willing to give up everything just to be with him again. She was prepared to die and yet…here he was. Right before her…right?

She called his name and he turned, her world brightening as she saw the familiar face. He was crying. Hyacintha’s fear melted away then. He needed…he needed her didn’t he? He shouldn’t be crying. He should be happy, right? As emtions flooded her, Hyacintha moved to go towards the boy, but as quick as lightning Snow was blocking her way. His back was to her as he held one arm out barring her way.

“But why?” she asked feeling angered that he would do such a thing when Nilo was right….there? Anger turned to shock as the boy’s tears seemed to go away and anger filled him. As the anger filled him, his physical form seemed to vanish and he became ghost like in appearance. On instinct, Hyacintha ducked behind Snow terrified of the sight. That thing wasn’t Nilo! No. No. Make it go away!

She stayed crouch behind her shadow, her face buried into her knees as she held her ears and shut her eyes tight. She shouldn’t have come. Should’ve known the letter to be a trick of some sort. Nilo…Nilo was gone….gone….

As Hyacintha feel into despair, she began to cry quietly leaving her to shadow to contend with the very angry ghost.

Snow stayed firmly between the thing that had been Nilo and his master. He wasn’t about to let this thing hurt her. No matter what.
As the creature spoke flowing in and out of anger and despair, Snow took the verbal attack fully as his master, shook and sob behind him. She could not speak, but the shadow could understand how she was feeling. To be honest, being before this creature that looked like the one he had trusted Hyacintha to made him hurt inside. Was this thing really, Nilo….? And if so why did he come back like this?

Snow would remain on guard as he watched the creature break down before him crying once more. What was he to say to such a broken creature?

“…”

Silence broken by only the sobs of the two humans remained in the area. Eventually, Hyacintha began to speak.

“Nilo…when I lost you. I was ready to follow you to the after life. I wonder if I had done that would you be here now, so sad and angry with us all. Oh God, I am so sorry Nilo! Why didn’t I jump!” she pretty much shouted, the words feeling more like a physical blow to Snow as he winced at this. Hmm...this was quite the mess wasn't it. What to do?

Snow sighed inwardly as he kneeled down and became level with the boy.

“So..you’re nothing to us, huh? That is kind of odd considering we came here to be sure you were really the one who wrote the letter. You know…I was kind of hoping this was a hoax, but here we are crying and mad with the world and to be honest, I am not sure what we are going to do...” Snow said as he watched the shadow of the boy carefully. Behind him, Hyacintha's sobs suddenly stopped as she gasped a bit as if an idea just hit her. She would crawl to the side of Snow as she looked at Nilo with a shaky smile.

“B-but…perhaps whatever we decide…we can do it together, yes? I mean…” Hyacintha began to calm as she wiped her eyes. “Dead or not, I still love you Nilo and even though it may not mean nothing now, that never will change. We’re family so…don’t push away or be angry at us for our weaknesses. Please Nilo…just…just come back…” she trailed off crying again, the desperation in her plea evident; however, Snow remained calm and logical here. He had to be if he was going to ward off a potential threat to his master…

Nilo maybe he was somewhere under that darkness that surrounded him and marked him as another shadow in Snow's mind; however, until the real Nilo made some form of appearance, Snow could not trust this new thing.

Hyacintha: She wants things to be the way they were in the past. She wants everyone together and happy again. The emotional stress is making her illogical and desperate.

Snow: Despite the pain this causes him, he is calm and steady seeing this situation for the truth of what it is. Nilo has come back as a shadow and unless he becomes calm, he cannot trust him like he did his friend of the past.

Back to top Go down
Calamarie

Calamarie

PostSubject: Re: A Letter to the Forced Pair   A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:27 am

He clutched his ears, shaking his head. She'd die for him...? She... She wanted to die for him...? That... He didn't want that! That was the last thing he wanted to happen! Death was cruel... Cold... Quiet... Lonely... No one should have to suffer what the boy had suffered... Yet, it was because of his suffering that he came back... The thought of Hyacintha broken and fragmented like he was pulsed guilt into his body... What had he done...? This was all his fault...

"... I-I... I don't want anyone else to die... I-I'm not worth dying for..." the boy said quietly, the cool wind continuing to blow through the park. It was almost haunting how the scene was set up... A glowing willow, a large pale moon, quiet stars that gave no comfort, an eerie and cool wind, no sound aside from those sobbing... It seemed so perfect... Yet so sad... The perfect scene for the perfect despair story...

The boy stayed quiet as he was talked too. His sobs being the only thing that came from him. Their words gave no comfort... Only confusion... Nilo was gone, and now, here he was... Replaced by a broken and fracture minded shadow... He was an echo of everything Nilo hid from the world... He was the truth... He had no mask to put upon his face... He was nothing but raw emotions and falsified truths... Yet, he never told a lie...

His emotions soon gave way to placidity, his face blank and... Calm. It wasn't known how long he could keep this up for... His mood swings where so violent and sudden, the shadow rarely had the ability to keep them in line... He never had to before... But now... He had too... Just... Just to say something... He still loved them... He wouldn't feel guilt if he didn't... He had to prove he was... Still there... Somewhere...

A Letter to the Forced Pair Surprised-near-death-note-o

The boy looked up at the two as if he had never cried, gently lowering his head after looking at the two, and then gently twisting a strand of his hair between two fingers. It was a nervous habit Nilo always did when he was living... Had he ever done it in front of the forced pair before...? He didn't remember... He only remembered the... 'Bright points' in their time together... Those points that made them closer...

"... I can't find Nilo... I'm... He's somewhere... Deep deep deep down inside... A-And I don't think he'll ever show up again... But... He's there... I wouldn't have sent such a... N-Normal letter if he wasn't... O-Or... B-Been able to... P-Put it in the mail box..." the boy said, obviously straining himself to keep his emotions in check... It didn't last long before the boy began... Laughing... Happily too... This was so odd... So strange... Glee and delight over came him as he smiled happily at the two of them.

"I-I missed you, you know? I thought of you all the time... It made me happy knowing you where still alive and willing too continue living. I'm also happy my mom gave you my Valentine's gift... Did you like them? I bought them just for you!" the boy said happily, seeming almost eerily happy as he spoke. He smiled for a moment more before tears slid down his face, sobbing once more ensuing as he brought his right arm to cover his face.

"B-But... I-I'm not him... I-I'll never be him again... Y-You can't love something like me... N-Not the way I-I am... I-I... I-I'm a freak..." the boy cried out quietly, moaning after his words. It was true, he was nothing more than a monster at this point. One that was just... Broken... He couldn't even hunt if he needed too... He couldn't even fight unless his body was overcome by rage... He was pathetic... Pathetic and weak and not worth anything...

The boy slowly took out a familiar book from within his coat, holding it out to Hyacintha with his left arm, the puppet dangling from his wrist and swaying in the wind just as ghostly as the boy sat before them. If she where to take the book, she'd notice a picture hanging out from the top of the book, a book mark perhaps? It seemed some part of the broken boy wanted his past love to read something... But, what was it? What could he possibly want...?

The boy slowly crawled away from the two, anger quickly encompassing his body as he shook in range. He grabbed the puppet's head and slammed it into the ground, the force barely noticeable besides the grunts the boy made. It probably wasn't clear, but the boy was trying his hardest... He didn't believe they could ever be family again... But he wanted them to know he was at least still there... Somewhere... The two that had loved him besides knowing his dark secret from the start... His guilt forced him to give it his all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Letter to the Forced Pair   A Letter to the Forced Pair EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:26 am

The negativity in the area was high, keeping Snow on edge as he did what he could to remain calm and focused in this raging sea of emotion that flowed between Hyacintha and the boy. He watched boy and girl struggle in their own way and respond to each other’s words. There was nothing else he could really do at the moment, so he waited and watched.

Hyacintha, on the other hand, was falling apart as she looked over at Nilo with a small smile.

“That is where you are wrong. It would’ve been worth it…just to be with you again,” she said through all the tears and sniffles. Yes. Back then dying was the right answer to make all the pain go away. If it wasn’t for the interference of a strange young man, she would’ve gone to the grave to be with the one she loved. And now…because she had not been strong enough to perform the act, Nilo was back in this state of being. Torn…broken.

The tears of despair, guilt, and self-loathing kept coming from the pair leaving the shadow at a lost as to what to do as he stayed on guard. Unlike his master, who only saw the boy before her, Snow could sense the changes within the boy she could not and due to the strange changes he did not know if he could trust the thing before him or not. Even when the other calmed and began to twist his hair in that all too familiar way, Snow was still unsure. Nilo's words only made the situation harder to process and deal with.

Nilo…he was here and yet he wasn’t. The matter was very confusing and only seemed to increase the desperation within Hyacintha as she looked over at the boy with a sad smile still in place.

“It is okay. We can find Nilo again. I am sure of it and then…then everything will be just fine,” she was saying her voice full of hope and a sort of determination that worried even Snow as he glanced at his master. What…what was she going to do to accomplish her goal? Unable to find the courage to ask or stop what was going on, he continued to watch the pair interact.

“I missed you too,” Hyacintha began softly “But I am so glad you are back.”

She would pause as she smiled warmly at the fragment and nodded.

“I love them and have worn them ever since I was given them,” the girl said pushing back her hair to reveal the earrings to the spirit. The earrings…no the piece of Nilo’s soul she always carried with her like a cross to be bared. For a few brief moments, the negativity broke and their was happiness all around, but just as soon as that breath of air came, it was snatched away as Nilo fell into despair again.

The sight only broke Hyacintha even more as she shook her head.

“That doesn’t matter. I will always love you, Nilo. No matter what,” she told him as she instinctively moved closer and before Snow could stop her, she had gone over to the sobbing creature and embraced him (if she could). The action sent chills through Snow like an electric current. He wanted to pull her away from the thing, but because he wore Nilo’s face, he just couldn’t and so….he let the action happen and when it ended with no harm coming to the girl, the shadow relaxed again as a book was held out to Hyacintha.

She would look at the book, hesitating for a moment as she caught sight of that puppet, but then slowly she reach out and take it. As she took the familiar book in hand, she noticed the strange picture hanging out and tilted her head slightly before opening the book curious to see what the picture was and what it was Nilo wanted her to see.

While she did this, Snow kept his eyes on Nilo watching as the creature moved away from them, seemingly angered once more. He watched the display of violence with a mix of sadness and understanding. Nilo really was trapped within that thing and trying his best not to harm them, wasn’t he? But could he be saved from such a fate? Or would the judges erase him for good?

Hyacintha: In her desperate state trusts Nilo.
Snow: Is still very cautious, but is seeking understanding and solutions to this strange state of being Nilo is in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Letter to the Forced Pair   A Letter to the Forced Pair Empty

Back to top Go down

A Letter to the Forced Pair
Page 1 of 1