Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)

Go down 
+3
Lost
Deshi
Jerry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) Empty
PostSubject: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:20 am

- Row Based PvS -

Row-Based PvS is another battle system akin to that of Dynamic PvS and PvP. But it's more similiar to regular PvS in most aspects, bringing in it's own set of mechanics.

The Two Rows
Here's the biggest mechanic of R-PvS. Each side is split into two rows. (The Front and Back Rows). AoE moves now target 1 row rather than all enemies. Double Hitting moves like Kill Rush and Tempest Slash can choose to hit 2 enemies once instead of 1 enemy twice. If it's AoE the same applies to an entire Row. Simple Right? So, what's the purpose of each Row then? In the Front row, you deal 30% more damage and you take 15% more damage, unless you have a Row Strength which makes you more effective in a specific row. The Back Row decreases the damage you take by 30%, but you also deal 15% less Damage unless you have a strength that improves your performance in the back row. Remember if you take a Strength that improves Performance in one row, you have to take Weakness that lowers your performance in the other row. You can trade places with another party member in the other row as your turn. Doing this is counted as Guarding, meaning that you'll recover 10% of your max SP.

Dexterity Range
When making your soulbound weapon, make sure to add it's effective range in R-PvS. There's close range (Gauntlets, blades, axes etc), mid range (pole arms, spears etc), and long range (Projectile weapons). Close ranged weapons reach 1 row without penalty (1 row reach allows one in the front row to hit someone in the opposite front row). Mid range allows one to hit 2 rows ahead without penalty (If you're in the back row, you hit one enemy in the front row without penalty, and if you're in the front row, you  hit one enemy in the backrow without penalty). Long range can hit either row however they please, but only if they are in the back row. The penalty is a 25% loss of accuracy.

Switching Weapons
Another feature which I haven't touched upon yet is switching weapons using the Social Link Boon - Souls Unite or switching to weapon in your possession that you have aquired through the use of a Nihil Soul or other means. When Switching Weapons, you take up your turn doing so, unless you have a strength that allows you to act in the same turn you switch weapons. Since there are three different damage types and ranges, this gives you a degree of versitility which is extremely beneficial in Row Based Combat.

Weakness and Critical Hits
When you strike an enemy's weakness or Knock them down with a crit, your next Skill you cast will have a Cost of 0. This is what we call a Boosted State. If you successfully knock another enemy down while in a boosted state, you'll form a Boost Chain. For each link in this chain you make, your skills will go up half a tier (25%) in damage. Note that you can't hit the same enemy twice, or else your Chain will break. Orgia Mode and Neo Orgia mode gives all your stats a 15% boost and you get to move twice per turn (Neo Orgia also increases the damage boost gained from Boost links by an extra 10%). Note that enemies cannot boost link, but they can still enter a boosted state, so be careful.

When all the enemies in a Specific row dies, the other surviving row will have the Penalties and boosts from being in a specific row removed. So normal damage calculation applies.

When it comes to the Row based buffs and debuffs, they are calced before any eventual Resistances. Say that I'm using Garula on an enemy in the front row, while I'm in the front row. Garula is a tier two skill, meaning that it deals your PmStr + 50%. Now, since I'm in the Front Row, that Tier two boost goes from 50% to 80%. so, to simplify things. I have a PmStr of 100 in the above scenario. So I do 100 + 80%, which is 180 Damage. Conversely. If I'm in the Back Row, I deal 100 + 35% = 135. That's the damage calculation without taking lowered damage or taking raised damage from being in a specific row.

If I'm in the front row, and I take, said garula to the face, I take the row penalty first, and then calculate Resistance. So if I have a MEnd of 25%, I take 180 + 15% which is 207. Then Proceed with Calculating Resistance. so in this scenario, I would take 155 Damage if I was in the front row. If I was in the Back Row, I would take 94 damage instead of the 155 I would've taken in the front row. If these values seem high, it's because I used a high PmStr for this example.

One Final thing of note about Light and Dark skills. If you use a Hama, or Mudo skill, you decrease it's success rate by 10% for each row there is between you and your target. So, if I'm in the Back Row, and wish to use Mahamaon on the opposing Front Row, the success chance is 40% - 10% = 30% hit rate. If I wanna hit the Back Row While in the back row, that's another 10% decrease (-10% for the allied front row, and -10% for the opposing front row).

Now, if you're countered, or an attack is reflected back onto you, the damage calculation is a bit different. You apply the row Damage reduction/increase of the row that you are currently in. So, if this Garula is reflected back to me while I'm in the front row, I take 15% more damage, and if I'm in the back row, I take 30% Less. Light and Dark Skills Work a bit differently here too. The success rate if they are reflected Remains the same as it was on your target.

Row Based Buffs and Debuffs:
This is specifically for the AoE Buff and Debuff Spells. They only affect one row, however, you can pick which row you cast it on. This is here to make Enhancing spells less... Brainless, if you know what I mean. Instead of a buffing spell buffing everyone in your party, it's used to selectively buff members of the party that can utilize it the best. Or the Debuff spells used to make a tougher row easier to take out, and such. Rebellion, Revolution and Stagnant Air affect three rows. One in front of you, your own row, and one of the opposing row. Less punishing than in PvS, but at the same time, it makes them a bit more usable, as crits are important if you want to start a boost-link without having an enemy's Weakness. Stagnant Air on the other hand, is more risky to use... Not that it was widely used to begin with...

Boost Linking Rewards:
For each boost Link you get, any rewards you get from shuffle time after the battle is over will increase by a set amount.

Any Vc you get from a battle will increase by 10% for each Boost Link you make.

The HP and SP Recovery increases by 5% for each link.

Random Stat Boost does not change

For every 2 Boost Links you make in a row, you get 1 Extra ore, should you get the Ore Reward.

Just as a Side note: You gain 15 EXP For each Boost Link you made in one battle. If you manage to hold a Boost Chain for an entire battle without breaking it, the EXP you gain from the links in said Boost Chain is doubled.

Tactical Supports:
Tactical Supports play a much larger role in Row Based PvS. Since  a Pure Tactical Support can't reap the benefits from Boost Links, they instead start each dungeon/Mission with 5 AP (Ability Points).You can use AP as a way to go around large SP costs. If there's a Tactical Skill that you wanna use with AP, you pay AP equal to it's tier. You regain 1 AP after each battle you partake in.

When it comes to Application creation in plots that are confirmed to use this system, you should specify on the sheet which row the character works best in, to avoid unnecessary stalling before battles.  

Team composition is a vital part in this, and battles may require a bit more thinking. Should be worth noting that R-PvS battles yield better rewards if you do well.

Should be worth noting that some enemies may have a tactical support with them as well...

That's all for now. Mechanics may be added, removed or changed with time. I hope you all have fun exploring this new way to fight Shadows. I will use this in the GM Practice dungeons from time to time in the future. It's not that common in those missions though, and are (as of now) something I'm just testing out for fun. Enjoy.

~ Jerry-kun

Last edited by Jerry-kun on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:44 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Buffs, Debuffs and Row-Placement in Applications)
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 9:30 am

We can assume this is either old school persona way of fighting or perhaps this is Persona Q. I am leaning towards the latter of the two. In any case, looks interesting enough, so feel free to try it on us sometimes.

~ Test Subject Deshi
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Signing Apple up for this. Fear the Child of Fear-desu~.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Signing up Rei for this as a smasher of things.
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Alright signed up with Akira
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 2:54 pm

So what, we have to sign up here? That's like bananas! I already signed up there!!!

But eh, you'll get my sheet when my position is decided
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 3:50 pm

I will hesitantly sign up. Jus cus I will back out if anyone else wants a spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 4:25 pm

I'll Definently Sign Up ^_^. Gonna get my app and everything when I've worked it out
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:17 pm

Looks like we have our team assembled! Alright. The mission will start in the interdimensional colisseum once The first GM practice thread is done
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:43 am

Heads up. A new test battle will be held instead. I just want to make sure everything works. It's open to three people. Other than that, the same rules apply.

If you do choose to sign up, I would like you to be as quick as possible with any replies. I don't wish for any testing to take forever and a day to complete. Once I have my three participants, I'll start up the thread somewhere.

~ Jerry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)   Row Based PvS (General Mechanics) Empty

Back to top Go down

Row Based PvS (General Mechanics)
Page 1 of 1