Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
What's in the slums? EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
What's in the slums? EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
What's in the slums? EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
What's in the slums? EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
What's in the slums? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
What's in the slums? EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
What's in the slums? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
What's in the slums? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
What's in the slums? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

What's in the slums?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drea

Drea

What's in the slums? Empty
PostSubject: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Naomi took a deep breath, put on the clothing she had that was most similar to this San Malarus fashion, kept her raingear ready, and went through the portal. She stared vacantly into the distance and sighed. She didn’t usually stray too far from the portals while she was here, in case she needed to make a quick get away, but she needed to go somewhere special. She decided that she needed to check out the Slums last time she was here. Not that she knew what that meant. She just knew she had to get to the Slums, which was mostly her wandering around, following the direction that looked most despairing. She was sure to always know where a portal was, it case she needed it. By the time she finally found what was probably the Slums, she was more happy than nervous. She buttoned down her courage and quickly went to pull up Beep on her tablet. She knew the AI wasn’t usually available here, but her power should counteract that. As long as her tablet could work, she could reach Beep. She tapped on the icon and waited for her to come up. She smiled at seeing her friend once more, “You probably haven’t, but ever wanted to see the slums? I’m here now. I’m not sure what I’m looking for, exactly, but I’ll try to find it.” She kept her voice low so only Beep would hear. Then she started really looking around the place, trying to take in as much as she could and getting a feeling for what this place was like. She knew where a nearby portal was, but she wasn’t next to it. That would be annoying if she needed to make a break for it. For right now though, she was looking for anything that seemed strange. There must have been a reason Beep couldn’t normally be accessed in this place. All the while, she was keeping her guard up for anyone looking to do her harm. The people of this world on their manhunt were one thing, but now she knew there was an Angel with backup. The unfriendly kind of backup. They were going to be the real problem if they showed up.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 10:20 pm

Beep showed up almost instantly, waving with both hands at the sight of Naomi. "Okay! What are you looking for? Did something happen? I've never been here, what's that? What else is that..." she said, looking from the screen around her to see the ruined area and pointing, definitely full of debris and company perhaps not favorable. Was this how the other side of the island lived?
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:28 am

She would shake her head when she was looking around the slums, “I don’t know.” Heck if she knew what she was looking for exactly, “I guess any reason why you normally can’t be here. You know, aside from it just being a more poor or less advantaged area.” She looked around a little nervously, “This is honestly a bit strange. I don’t know what I’m looking for, but I wanted to check this place out before the club. I’m going there once I’m done here. So far, it doesn’t look like there is much.” She was careful to pay attention to who was there and what they were doing. She needed to make sure she wasn’t taken by surprise, “Umm… quick question: what can you tell me about this area?” She was lost. What was she looking for? Maybe it was nothing. Maybe this place just didn’t have technology reach them. Then again, that didn’t make sense, given how far everything seemed to reach in this world.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:20 am

When she asked about the slums, Beep suddenly vanished before bringing to her screen various articles concerning the slums. From online, Naomi learned that this area was made when a bunch of androids were demolished during the Red Storm, an event that Naomi specifically learned about some time ago. If she wanted to access the timeline she still could. "This area is basically a junkyard for the broken stuff! And people who can't afford to live in the city! And-" she suddenly flickered, hitting her head a bit before it ended. "Owie. That hurt a bit. The area was formed after the blackout of Older Beep! Maybe she was put here too and left? What are you going to the club for?" she said, floating at the top of the tablet and pushing on the glass, as though trying to bust out of Naomi's hands like a curious cat, only it did not feel like anything to Naomi herself.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 3:43 pm

Naomi looked around again. A junkyard? It didn’t seem like a junkyard, “Thank you, Beep.” It was more like a graveyard. Old androids and technology along with people who couldn’t make it to the city were buried here. It was a place of ruin and felt like the things here were just waiting to die. She reached out her finger and rubbed Beep’s head when she gitched again. She wanted to make sure she was okay and this was all she could do. When Beep mentioned the older her, she would look down at her, “I wonder if it’s safe for you to be here then. Maybe the reason you can’t normally be here is because there’s something here that they’re worried about.” It was possible. She only just barely understood the technology of this world. There could be anything here. Still, it was strange. Why would this place specifically be created after the blackout of the Older Beep? That meant this area was fairly young and wasn’t always this way. How was it before? She hoped that whatever might be here wouldn’t be that advanced. She had her tablet, and it was no pushover, but it was still out-of-date by this world’s standards. Still, maybe she could keep out whatever may be here that would harm Beep. Assuming there was something. It was just a theory. Then again, the way Beep said they could have left her predecessor here made her wonder if she was still around somewhere. What would that mean? Her head was beginning to hurt at all of this, “Well, the club is the only other place I can think of. They seem to want to keep you out, so it sounds like a good idea. Is it not?” She was worried about going there, since there would be no quick portal for escape. Still, this needed to be done.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 1:06 am

When Naomi mentioned the club, Beep nodded quickly. "That site seems to block me out and makes me all funny too! Maybe they are related the two things here? Older Beep....hm....what if she is around somewhere? Naomi....if you go to the club I don't want to see you get hurt. Make sure you take me with you....I can help maybe! Don't go without me! I may get hurt there, but I don't want to see you go away..." she said, rubbing her hands together. It was definitely an ordeal to think about. With all of the signs, it seemed as though her being near that area may not be good, but there's no guarantee she wouldn't be useful right? At least the A.I. seemed to think so.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:34 am

She didn’t know. Anything was possible. Maybe the old Beep was still around, but she didn’t know what that would mean, “Well, what do you think it would mean if she was around here? We may be able to find some trace of her, theoretically, but would she still be operational? I thought they- you know…” Not killed. Shut down? What was the term for what they did, “Nevermind.” She didn’t want to think about it. What they did was basically murder. If Beep’s predecessor was anything like her, she was a thinking, feeling, emotional person. She couldn’t help but think of her as a person. The thought of anyone doing that to her Beep made her feel terrible and want to cry. She couldn’t imagine. When Beep told her to make sure she was with her going to the club, Naomi would smile sadly, “Thank you, I would love to have your help. But, you have to promise me one thing. If I get found out and there is no way out for me, I need to know you will still be safe. You may need to act like you had no idea what I was.” She had been afraid of Beep being discovered this entire time. If people learned she helped someone with a Persona, what would they do to her? She hated the thought, “Can you do that for me? I want you to be safe too. If there is any sign that you are in danger, you bail. Please?” She needed this worked out now. It was something she had to do. She had quieted her voice even more to make doubly sure no one outside the AI heard her.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:44 pm

What's in the slums? Tumblr_nq8vif6lOc1uy7qlpo1_500

"They what? What they? Hm....maybe they are broken and just stored away here. Iunno!" She said, pushing her head against the screen. Bringing up the idea of having to throw her under the bus if she gets in trouble didn't sound very happy for Beep. "But but, I don't wanna leave you! I am smart! I can think of something! I promise!" she said, pushing her hands to her face, before locking them together near her hips. "I'll be a good girl okay? trust me!"
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:07 pm

She would nod, “I do trust you. It’s just that I don’t want anything bad to happen to you either. We’ll find a way to make this work, I promise.” She hoped so, at least. Heaven’s knew they could use a break. Hopefully, Naomi could go in without being found out, but it was always good to have a backup plan. She did have a plan though. It was something she had been thinking about for a while now, but she finally had the means to do it, “I have an idea. It may come as a surprise though. I have to make sure it’s all prepared first though.” She hoped it was the right thing to do. While she thought about that, another idea popped into her head, “Beep, how much do you know about your predecessor? I have another idea, if you want to see if we can find her, but I need to know how she was right before the blackout and maybe even during it.” She could do it, she was sure, but it was risky, “The real question is, do you think it would be safe to talk to a version of her from right around the blackout?” She was preparing for the worst.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 1:19 am

Beep somersaulted midair as she listened to Naomi. Of course it was going to work! She trusted Naomi, and she was sure Naomi had it in her to figure out the mystery behind this city. Beep looked up to her almost like a big sister. Maybe she was in her eyes; but it was all she knew when it came to siblings. "Hm...." she fluttered around over the internet, looking for any information regarding Older Beep. "Hm....if anyone has Older Beep, it may be the people who made her. If she was here she may be lost in the garbage! Maybe others have her? Online there are rumors that some people had hacked through to her system, which was why she got all wonky....maybe some have a copy of her lying somewhere?" she said, flapping her large sleeves and rubbing her nose. The original Beep 1.0 was probably lost to the world, but if rumors were true, maybe the original was easier to find than she thought.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 5:36 am

Naomi nodded, “I have faith that we can do it.” She hoped. She felt like she was getting closer. Somehow, she knew she must be, “Beep, I’m going to try something. It may not work, but if it does we may be able to find the old Beep right now.” It was just  test to see if she could do it, “Don’t touch anything, just in case. I don’t know what will happen.” She had to concentrate. She had never stretched her power this far before. Maybe she could access the old Beep, or maybe she wouldn’t fall under the reach of her powers. Thank goodness this was her own skill, so she didn’t have to summon Intertwined or Tommie. Still, she feared she’d get the Beep that caused the blackout. She had to hope she could get a version that was stable and manageable. Still, if anything happened, it should be contained to her tablet, since that was the only thing she was focusing her power on at the moment. For the moment though, she was looking for the old Beep. Anything that could bring her up. If she could find her, she would.

Human Skills:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 10:20 pm

When Naomi looked up to past internet on anything concerning the old version of the program, her tablet began to turn black, and then suddenly look distorted for a moment before returning to normal. All she could fine while looking conventionally with her skill were various articles concerning the Blackout, and not much information. In fact, a lot of the articles she saw seemed to mention that much information was confidential, and either hidden away online somewhere, or according to other conspiracy articles she found, around hidden servers rumored to be located across the island. After a bit, Beep shook her head and looked to Naomi. "Anything show up? Is there any way you can find any of the secret stuff?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 10:35 pm

Naomi would look freaked out then annoyed when her tablet went black. That was freaky. So much weird stuff was happening and she knew that it happened whenever something she wasn’t supposed to know was being looked into. Someone really didn’t want the rest of the world to know about this stuff. When Beep asked if there was a way to find any of the secret stuff, she would nod, “If I can find out where the information is hidden, I can hack into it. Or, I can go in blind and just mess with everything I can find. Pick your favorite.” She wasn’t sure if the world’s tech could beat her hacking skills, but she could try. Right now, she was glad she had decided to do this with her life. She couldn’t have planned it better if she tried, “I must admit that I’m surprised that didn’t work. I should be able to find things that aren’t functional anymore. My best guess she really is still functional somewhere, keeping her out of the reach of my abilities. Or, I’m just not strong enough to find her in the first place..” Either was likely. Now she was curious. She wandered a little closer to the nearest portal. She really needed a quick getaway if something went wrong. Before Beep could give her an answer, she started getting ready. Oh yeah. She was doing this. It was time to hack into any of the servers she could find and any sites that seemed suspicious. That was, unless Beep mentioned something to make her stop
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 11:06 pm

Beep waved her hands in agreement. "Do it do it do it!" It seemed that she was on board with what was happening. But it was up to Naomi to make the choice. She seemed to understand the risks in doing so.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 11:46 pm

She almost laughed at Beep’s excitement, “Okay, but you know the rules. Anything goes wrong, you find a way to get out and make it look like you had no knowledge of what was going on.” She couldn’t imagine whoever was maintaining her would be happy about this. Still, she had the go ahead. She wasn’t a hundred percent sure where to check, but she had jobs like that before. She was good at what she did. She just had to get in and get out without leaving a trail. Easy enough. She found some of the other servers and began trying to get into their bellies and look around. She also followed any lead that looked like it could hold information about the old Beep. Essentially, she was trying to break into anything that may hold a lead. She also thought about trying the club site, but that could wait until she found something. Or until she didn’t find it. Maybe that was why Beep couldn’t get near anything about the club. Anything doing with the old Beep seemed to repel her. Was it possible? She wasn’t sure, and now her brain was making crazy theories. She had to leave that thought for now and focus on the leads the search had given her. Those were going to be an open door to her.

strength:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's in the slums?   What's in the slums? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's in the slums?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next