Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Reconnection (Shaku) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Reconnection (Shaku) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Reconnection (Shaku) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Reconnection (Shaku) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Reconnection (Shaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Reconnection (Shaku) Empty
PostSubject: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyFri May 08, 2015 10:49 am

This was the second time Oki had been on Malstu, the first time being the time of festivities this place had held in celebration of the volcano that made up the place not erupting for so long. It was during this time that Oki had met both familiar and new faces. Made new bonds and strengthened old ones. Since that day many things had occurred that rocked the islands and the other worlds alike.

The thoughts such events brought were bothersome and the weight at times unbearable; however, the old being had gotten used to the heavy weight of it all. Ever since it made its choice to aid Deva, it had to learn to deal with such things as it moved about trying to live a normal life while gathering information for its ally to use. It hadn’t seen Dani in a while or even Shaku for that matter. It needed to try and reconnect with those people. See how they were and see if they had been drawn into the even more chaos than before. It made plans in its head, but before it could pay these select few a visits, it needed to do some recon work. A few days from now it would meet with Helen to give its report. It was sure the woman was eager to hear what it had to say…even if much of what it had to offer would probably displease her. Still, Oki had made a deal that it was determined to uphold…even if its own views and Helen’s clashed.

In any case, the business part was what brought it to Malstu. Of the islands that were around this was one of the few it had not sunk its teeth into and learned more about. It was still in search of the angels and that strange purple world the reporter had mentioned as it tried to flesh out the information it could offer even more. So the being moved about the island quietly and alone moving pass the few people it saw as it crossed the strange pathways of bridges and tourist booths here and there. The island seemed barren after the festival, but Oki did not mind. It was perhaps better this way. Less people to worry about if something did shake this side again.

Oki continued its walk before coming to a stop in the middle of a bridge that pass closely by the base of the large volcano of the island. Pausing here, Oki went to the edge of the bridge and leaned lightly on the railing of the bridge as its green eyes looked up at the quiet volcano and the sky above as its mind wondered just how far it would travel on this strange journey of its own. Could it reach the truth at the end of the strange path or….would it fail and like a rock tumble off the side into an abyss of no return? Taking a moment to contemplate this, the being would continued to observe the volcano as clouds passed by overhead and the cries of birds sounded in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyFri May 08, 2015 5:35 pm

This island was quite the odd one, to say the least. It was there mostly just for the views and tourism, and Sharaku couldn't say he visited it often. So far...it had been only a small amount of times, that he could easily count on the fingers of his hand. Yet, almost each time he actually came here, it spelled some sort of trouble for him. Ironic, wasn't it? Once, he had to deal with the other side, and that somewhat bossy woman. Then, the festival...which was probably a main starter for the fight that happened a few days ago. Thinking back on it, he would almost bet it was. He had no idea how Maya figured it out through the short meeting, but she somehow had, apparently. And all those happened here. Maybe this island was a bad omen for him. Yet, the possibility didn't mean he was going to stay clear of it. He didn't believe in such curses in the first place.

Most likely, he wouldn't figure out much here, but for some reason, he felt like looking around. Maybe this island was special somehow. Or he just started having weird moods. At any rate, it also meant a free walk, which was never a bad way to pass time in his book. That in mind, he would wander around, thinking about various things, seeing as there was pretty much no one around right now. At the very least, he took no notice of someone bothering his thoughts. That was, until he saw a figure in his vision. Eh, so someone was here afterall. He didn't intend to pay them much attention at first, but he did quickly realize that the said someone looked familiar. Usually, he didn't bother approaching someone without any reason...but, he was going in the direction, and there wasn't a crowd that would make it moot. The other would notice him anyway. Unless Oki was sleeping there, which would be quite amusing.

''Hello. Are you sightseeing?''
, he'd speak towards the other, stopping in his tracks somewhere next to Oki.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyFri May 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Oki continued to think as it studied the volcano, finding it interesting that it had a physical representation of its own struggles right before it. While it prayed that things remained calm, it had a feeling that before all this was over things just might erupt like the volcano before it had the potential to do. And if that happened, what happened to the world around them? Already multiple places were either being attacked or suffered in some way from the darkness slowly closing in. There were people out there working to find angels or what not, but as time ticked on Oki wondered if what they were doing was pointless or not. Could one angel’s wish clean this world or would it only continue the chaos that already threatened the world? And what of third parties in the mix?

Oki sighed as it bowed its head and green eyes closed. The shadow of its bangs covered its eyes as the wind blew through the unprotected hair. The various charms upon it jingled, tinkled, and glittered as they were shifted and the hat it kept clipped to its side swayed lightly with the breeze. Things were becoming a headache again, but then perhaps that was a sign Oki was simply thinking too much on the matters. Maybe what it really needed to do now was simply relax and enjoy the area around it…plan at a later time…

“Hmmm…” Oki eyes cracked opened as it stared into nothing trying not to think, which in turn caused it to think even more.

How frustrating! it thought as it made a small frown…and then nearly jumped out of its skin when it heard a voice next to it.

“Neh!!” was the startled yelp it let out as it instinctively hopped back on the bridge and tensed up as it face the speaker. A bit wound up, it took a few seconds for the being to focus on the person before it and then realizing who it was, relaxed as it slumped forward with relief and a bit of embarrassment.

“Ah Shaku...Don’t sneak up on Oki like that. You’ll break us,” Oki said as it placed a hand on its chest its heart racing from being startled. It was rare that things like this happened, but Sharaku happened to catch the being off guard that time, its thoughts to bothersome to pay much attention to the world around it. Lucky him no?

In any case once it calmed down, it would take a few steps forward and resettle back in its spot as it gave the other a light smirk and shook its head.

“Sightseeing? Nah. I was trying to clear out bothersome thoughts,” Oki said as its eyes looked up at the golden eye man. “And you, why are you here my friend?”

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyFri May 08, 2015 6:59 pm

''?''
Sharaku would give a few blinks, definitely not expecting a reaction such as the one he got. Was Oki actually sleeping on the spot? Well, whatever it was, he didn't even want to know what would have happened, had he done something along the lines of yelling at the other, or straight out poking. Not that he would have any reason to do those actions, but imagining it was still a thing. And it would probably have been rather funny. He would smile thinly in return. ''Break? I wasn't aware I can break people simply by my presence. Maybe I should start working on that skill.'', he'd state, in a fairly amused tone. Really. He hadn't even been trying to sneak on the other. If Oki had been paying at least a little bit of attention, he would have gotten noticed a good while ago. In any case, Oki seemed to be one of the few that had a knack for amusing him quite easily. Why was that so, he had no idea. ''On a more serious note, however, I wasn't even trying to sneak. I figured you would have noticed me early enough. There isn't anyone else around but us after all.'' Maybe he just turned invisible lately. Eh, that made no sense.

He would shrug nonchalantly when Oki answered his question, and bounced it right back. ''In a way the same, I suppose. And perhaps trying to decide whether I like this island or not.'' Though, he did severely doubt his problems connected with this place were on purpose. Perhaps the volcano just brought him bad luck. Not that he particularly cared, of course, but it was better than thinking about impending doom. He has had plenty of that lately, and more was definitely only about to come.

Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:12 am

Perhaps Oki’s reaction might’ve seemed like an overreaction to something simple; however, as zoned out as it had been, Oki did not translate what it had done into such. In any case, the scare seemed to both perplex and amuse Sharaku even though how that was and why Oki would never know; however, the way Sharaku reacted to the strangeness that was itself was becoming common place now a days, the man and the being constantly bumping into each was helping the pair learn the ins and outs of one another…more or less. There was still many unknowns, but maybe…maybe that is why this friendship worked. They didn’t have to know everything about each other. They just accepted each other as they were…or at least that is how Oki thought this worked. The assumption could be wrong, but meh…this was not the time for that sort of analysis.

When Sharaku responded to the being’s words, Oki looked up at the other with a lopsided smirk.

“Maybe Shaku doesn’t quite understand the power his presence has on the world,”
Oki teased back as it stuck its tongue out at the other as it made a slightly goofy face before becoming calm and serious once more. The smile would remain upon the Oki’s face, the being quite comfortable around the other.

“You have valid points and maybe if I hadn’t let my mind wander so far, perhaps I would’ve noticed you, but alas I zoned out giving you a rare hole to sneak through,” Oki told the other in relaxed tones.

When the conversation came to what both were doing here, Oki nodded at the first part of Sharaku’s statement before tilting its head to the side with curiosity in its eyes.

“Trying to figure out if you like the island? That seems a bit unlike you. I thought you were neutral towards things like that. What makes this island special enough to cause you to debate over it?” Oki asked the other curious about the answer, but even more curious what was on its friend’s mind. Sure, Oki was no expert on Sharaku or his behavior, but there was something about the words spoken that made the being think something was amiss with the other; however, how wrong or right that guess was, was yet to be discovered. It would have to wait until Shaku spoke to gain clarity.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Ironically, there were those that would rather his presence did not even exist. Nothing one can do about that, however. People will always find something to not like sooner or later. Sharaku would have been surprised to find a person that no one thought of badly at all, no matter what. It would be beyond strange. He would smile thinly, looking at Oki calmly. ''I am already aware my presence causes trouble for people. I don't think I particularly need it to do more.'' Well, didn't it? Seeing as he had people out for his head for example. And they liked to possibly threaten those he knew as well. He probably wasn't the best person to keep close when you wanted to be completely safe, and not involved in anything potentially dangerous period.

''Ah well, I wasn't that far from the truth then, at least. I did entertain the thought that you might be sleeping here for a while, but I had not expected to actually be sort of right that you were not going to notice me.'', he'd comment lightheartedly, perhaps a bit jokingly. But he did really think of that after all. He would snort vaguely when Oki commented on the fact that it was unusual for him to wonder about such matters as an island. He couldn't deny that it was true. He usually couldn't care less about that. It was just a place, nothing more. ''Let's just say that perhaps the island itself doesn't like me. Each time I set foot here, something either questionable or outright bad happens for me. I should probably expect to fall of the bridge today...'' Now that would really be bad fortune. And he didn't even believe in that. He wasn't serious though. It wasn't happening unless the bridge actually fell along with them, because he sure wasn't interested in jumping off of it.

Speaking of the island though. ''.....'', he would end up frowning a bit a moment afterwards, his mood probably noticeably a little darker. This discussion made him remember something he'd rather not. Oki was here at the festival as well, right? Considering what happened, and the talk they had before probably meant...''Would you mind answering me something? Unless it bothers you, that is.'', he'd ask, in a more serious tone this time. ''I did not really want to bring this up...but we already established that we both know about the supernatural, yes?'' This wasn't something he was looking forward to doing, and it had not even crossed his mind before, but since he had already randomly run into Oki now..might as well. ''I know you can fight...but my question is, do you have a Persona or not?'' Simple question, perhaps, but he was aiming for a specific matter here. The conversation they had back at the festival indicated so, but he wanted to be sure first. And from what he knew so far, everyone had a Persona, except those like him. Unless he happened to be missing something.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:21 pm

Oki would give Sharaku a small grin at his words.

“Maybe, but I find it enjoyable,” the being said as its gaze moved from Sharaku and back to the area around them. What it had said was the truth. Sure, Sharaku nor itself were perfect and it was quite sure a few out there would like to see Oki erased, but even so every meeting with Sharaku had been a joy or a relief for the being even if there were some bumps here and there. The friendship was not perfect, but then again maybe that is why it worked so well. The imperfections were what made the relationship worthwhile.

When it came to the subject of Oki’s state of mind when the other had approached, the old being chuckled softly at the words as it shook its head as it leaned against the bridge's “railings” lightly.

“Heh. Luck favored you twice in one day. A sign of good fortune for you today,” Oki said before looking over at the other as he gave a light snort in response to its words regarding the other and the island. When Oki heard the other words, it rubbed its head as it gave a nervous smile to the other.

“Well, let’s not tempt Fate. Perhaps this time around something good will happen. After all, you made it here in one piece so that is start, no?” Oki said gently to the other, trying to stay on the more positive side of things. It honestly didn’t want any disasters to come their way. It had already had its fair share of bad luck and it seemed that something had occurred recently in Shaku’s life to serve him a plate of the same bitter love. While Oki was curious as to what might have happened, it did not pry, learning long ago when it was okay and not okay to poke Sharaku for information. Right now was not a good time.

Besides if the frown was any indication, Sharaku had something else on his mind. Even the air around him shifted causing Oki to lose the smile as it tilted its head in concern at the other.

“What’s wrong, Sharaku?” it would ask before falling silent as the other began to speak. Hm? He wanted it to answer something.

“I can try,” the being would say and then listen to what the other had to say. As he mentioned the supernatural, Oki nodded before focusing on the question and the tone in which it was delivered. Hmmm....business time, huh? Well, Oki could deal with Shaku. He trusted him after all.

“Persona? No, I do not have such a thing. I have a dark friend if you get my drift,” Oki said glancing at the other waiting to see if he did indeed understand the meaning behind the phrase. If so then perhaps….perhaps Shaku and itself were indeed more similar than it had assumed. Conversations in the past hinted at this, so would this one confirm guesses? Or was this going somewhere else? Hmmm….

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:57 pm

Hm? What did enjoyable even mean in this context? That Oki liked being around something that caused trouble? It was a rather strange concept to work with, but well, Oki was a bit different than most people Sharaku knew. For reasons mostly unknown right now. ''Enjoyable in what way?'', he'd throw back casually, not really needing the answer, but might as well ask. It was up to Oki as to what the response would be. He'd be content with just about anything, as long as it didn't bring up more mystery, to intrigue him enough. ''Luck is usually at odds with me. It probably won't last long. Might as well appreciate it for the moment, I suppose.'', he'd smile thinly. He found this moreso as a coincidence, rather than luck, but whatever floats everyone's boat. As long as someone's opinion wasn't pushed onto him insistently, he could flow along decently.

''Perhaps I can keep wishing. Things tend to go badly lately, whether it's fate or not.'' This island and his little misfortunes aside, nothing was going too well, was it? As a matter of fact, it had not since this whole ordeal started, except for a few exceptions here and there. It didn't balance well, however. A while later, when Oki answered his Persona related question, he would click his tongue. Well, that's that. ''I see. Well, that only proves what I was thinking...'', he would say in a low tone, leaning against the railings himself, closing his eyes as he continued to speak. ''This might seem out of context, but bear with me for a while. Do you still remember the time we met at the festival? Specifically, the woman that approached us while we were there. Do you have any idea who she is?'', he'd open his eyes to look back at Oki at this time. Somehow, he doubted Oki knew much, but it wouldn't hurt to try asking first. He did kind of need to know more about her. He would get to the point of this talk eventually anyway.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:29 pm

“In what ways?” Oki repeated as it looked up at the sky for a moment in thought. “There are many ways you are enjoyable to us, but mainly we just really enjoy the company. Can’t really explain, but despite our paths and bad luck, we find the similiarities comforting. Like we are not so alone in the world anymore. Like we actually have a different form of family out there to be there for us when needed,” Oki said before glancing over at Sharaku with a light smile. “In other words, you are enjoyable simply because you are a good friend and I just like you because you are you. Nothing more or less.”

The being finished what it wanted to say knowing somewhere deep inside such an answer was unnecessary, but it had wanted to say it anyway. It just felt…right, you know? And so the being had acted upon the impulse and said what it felt. Now how Sharaku took it was up to him. Oki couldn’t control what words like that would do, but that was alright in its book. Somethings weren’t meant to be controlled.

“Mhmm. Savoring the good luck is wise. Makes the bad less heavy,” Oki would respond to the other when the subject of luck came up again. The air between them remained calm and peaceful as the conversation went on.

“Well, perhaps Fate is testing you because something is wonderful at the end of it all,” Oki told the other in light tones as it remained leaned against the rails of the bridge quite content with this meeting until of course things became serious and the subject of Persona got thrown in there.

In response to its answer, Sharaku clicked his tongue before speaking a simple sentence that caused Oki to raise its eyebrows slightly.

“Is that so. And you? Is it safe to assume you have a friend too?” it would ask before tilting its head lightly at the other as it watched his actions and listened to the following words. When he spoke of the festival, Oki frowned lightly in thought.

“Yeah, I can remember. You are talking about the working girl Maya right? I can’t say I connected with her since then, so all I have on her was what I gained from that short meeting. She was just a hard working bubbly girl that seemed to like you,” Oki said and then tilting its head towards the other it would meet his eyes evenly.

"Why? Did something happen?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 8:02 pm

''...?..?..?..''

Ah...what now? Sharaku would stare at Oki silently for a bit, before looking down to the ground. ''I..see...'', he would mutter, apparently a bit distressed. He didn't know how to deal with, or properly respond to this kind of talk. Nor was he used to people telling him such things. That was probably something the two of them differed in a lot. You wouldn't see him saying these things easily, nor taking them without hassle when someone told him such. He hadn't found a way to successfully wall this yet...and admittably, it wasn't easy to do anyway. It would probably cost him one day, but what can you do? He didn't have enough time to work both on saving the world, and his 'issues' as well. Not properly, at least.

He would glance back up at the whole luck and fate talk, with a think smile. ''Sometimes I wonder what classifies as wonderful nowadays...'', he would sigh faintly, looking somewhere into space absentmindedly, until the topic ended up changing. At least, it let him focus back again. Spacing out wasn't a good idea after all. Not now. The corner of his lips would twitch faintly, as he raised the hand with the ring in front of himself, observing it contemplatively. ''Theoretically speaking. We aren't very good 'friends', however.'' Well, as much as it would be nice, he didn't get along with his Shadow perfectly. It wasn't the worst, but it could also be better.

Following that, he would listen to what Oki had to say...and promptly break out laughing. He probably seemed insane at that moment, but he didn't really care. That was just too brilliant..in both a good, and a bad way. He would take a moment to compose himself enough to speak, before looking back at Oki with a highly amused expression. ''She liked me a lot indeed. As a matter of fact, enough to attempt killing me.'', he would roll his eyes briefly. ''I should probably start from the beginning, however.'', he'd say, a bit more calmly now, tapping his fingers against the railing to collect his thoughts. ''She is not who you think she is. That bubbly girl appearance was just a pretend, pretty much. I asked you about the Persona deal to be sure. Because I believe that the fact that she approached us two was not a coincidence. She's like us, and she's apparently hired to hunt those of her own kind. Safe to say, she was probably gathering info at the festival. And she ended up picking me over you. I was forced to fight her to death, othewise, she threatened to end everyone I know. I did manage to knock her out, but it was a close one.'', he would scowl a little. ''I am planning to speak with her later, and make her stop...but there is always a chance she will try again. And she might just go after you this time, seeing as she failed to take me down...and I refused to kill her when she lost. Sadly, she is no joke. She is a skilled fighter...more than half of what I could do had no effect on her. That said, you should be careful. That's all I wanted to say.'', he'd finish with a deep breath, letting Oki process that. It was funny how he always ended up caring about others more than he planned...he didn't really have to do this...

Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Oki tilted its head lightly at Sharaku as he seemed to become confused and then distress by its words regarding his presence and how it made Oki feel. Oki wasn’t quite sure what it was that made Shaku do what he did, but as it heard the simple phrase spoken, Oki gave the other a light smile before it looked back at the surroundings.

“It’s okay not too see too, you know?” the being said wondering if Sharaku would understand the meaning behind that. It wasn’t a mockery or anything, but a simple truth in the world. Sometimes things came ones' way that wasn’t meant to be understood and while it was hard to sometimes just let go and accept what was there just for what it was, learning to do so made life a bit easier to deal with. It was a good excuse to simply enjoy what you had instead of pick away at it all the time. Perhaps Sharaku had not learned this trick yet, or maybe Oki was too soft in some regards. It was a mystery it would not be solving for a long time.

When the subject switch to luck and fate, Oki snorted lightly as it shook its head, its green eyes turning downward to observe the area under the bridge.

“I think the simple things in life like being able to waking up is considered wonderful even if surviving the day is another story. At least you survive and live to tell the tale for a while longer,” Oki said to the other as it continued to observe the plant life below. It would only look back at Sharaku when he had moved in response to its question regarding the “friends”.

As it watched him observe the ring on his hand, the being had a feeling that that item was the shadow or at least its home. So they came in various forms outside of charms and tattoos? How interesting. In any case, to the words Oki nodded lightly.

“Ah a rough one. I see,” Oki said and left the subject at that before answering the question about Maya….only to get the most bizarre response back. As the other began to laugh, Oki looked the Sharaku up and down with a mixture of confusion and concern. What…what had gotten into him? Why was what it said so funny? What had it missed?

As it watched him continue to laugh the other eventually composed himself enough to speak. As Oki met that amused gaze, it found itself going from concerned to completely shocked as Sharaku told it what happened.

“That is tough love, Shaku,” the being said its response more of a reaction than an actual meanful statement to what was said. It was kind of hard to believe that someone like Maya was after Sharaku, but then again…Sharaku was like itself and so…of course he would be hunted. Guess he was tagged instead of itself. Unfortunate. It did not like the fact that its friend had been in danger.

When the other fully calmed down and began to explain the situation, Oki listened carefully to what was said. As it listened its expression became more and more serious as it took in the words.

When he was done, Oki was quiet for a moment as it let it all absorb in. What Sharaku said made sense unfortunate as it was. Still….

“I thank you for warning me, Sharaku. I am sadden to hear that your lot has been so tough as of late, but I am glad you are here and in one piece. I will do my best to remain careful myself,” Oki told the other with a light sigh of relief and a small smile before becoming serious once more as it observed the other quietly for a moment.

“Shaku…do you think she can really be persuade?” the being said as its mind briefly went to Helen and her own ways. What if….what if Maya was like her and really did come after it? Would it be able to win after she had nearly defeated Sharaku, a man Oki was sure was a lot stronger in the fighting department than itself? And what of the meeting Sharaku planned? Could he change her? Was it wise to meet at all? Was it wise to interfere? Many things weighed upon Oki’s mind, but its face remained neutral with only its green eyes giving hints of the chaos within. It wanted to keep its friends safe, but at the same time understood the risk of interfering with this….Such complicated paths….why?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:42 am

''Sometimes, that is easier said than done.'' Sharaku would mutter with a huff. He wasn't sure whether he understood that sentence correctly or not, but his answer would most likely not change either way. ''It's fine, however. Don't mind me.'' It wasn't something that needed to be discussed in depth right now, on top of what they were talking about right now. Let's just move on.

''I'd say it depends on perception. For someone, those things might not carry any worth at all.''
And he had no certain idea, to be fair. His interest could be quite situational. One moment, he would actually enjoy something, the next it could be annoying him to no end. He wasn't particularly consistent with many things. Waking up was questionable as well. There are days where he would rather not, just for example. He would roll his eyes at the 'rough' comment, looking towards Oki. ''I think the better way to put it is that his ego is way too big for me.'' He has learned to live with it by now, though. It was tolerable, albeit occassionally irritating. There were worse things he had to face from time to time, therefore he couldn't complain to all hell, really.

''Too tough for my standards.''
, he would scoff a little. He hadn't expected any actually logical response, however, so he wasn't extremely surpised that this was what he got. At least Oki didn't run for the hills thinking he was insane. ''Well, there isn't much else I can do in regards to it. Unless you want to come along with me to bother her. I'm not sure how would she react to you, however.'', he would shrug slightly when Oki responded to his monologue. He would frown a little at the following question. ''It might take some time, but yes, I think I can do it. We've had a bit of a conversation during, and after we fought. I know how she feels to an extent. If I do it right, I believe it is possible to change her views. She just needs to look at things from a different angle than the one she has been upholding so far.'' He didn't think it would be a walk in the park, no. But it was not impossible. It would also be her choice whether she'd consider or not. That was something he couldn't force on her. He could just try to make her see it differently.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:48 pm

“Mmm. I can agree there,” Oki said in quiet tones as it shook its head lightly. Letting go was a hard practice to master. While it was good at it, the being had to admit it still had a long way to go before it became a complete master at such a trick like its grandmother had been. After a few moments, Sharaku would dismiss that subject in his own way for now and being quite used to this Oki let it go. They could play with those sort of words later. After all they had other subjects to attend to like the meaning of wonderful and “friends”.

“Perception huh?” Oki said as it shifted, so that its back was against the rail as it leaned against them carefully and looked up at the sky. “I guess everything boils down to that in the end doesn’t it?” the old being said as it glanced over at Sharaku with a light smirk as it observed Sharaku with an appreciative eye. While Oki had its own way of viewing things, it was glad that Sharaku was not one to easily bend to what was said or heard. He stood firm in his own view and in turn could be learned from. A definite plus in the old being’s studies of this world and the things in it.

When the subject came to the subject of “friends”, Sharaku would roll his eyes before explaining his situation with the shadow. To this Oki raised its eyebrows.

“Huh. I guess they are just as different as us. Mine’s is more calm and protective. Granted it is not a male, so we are not sure if that is what causes this or not. It would be interesting to test one day. If you ever are curious for answers,” Oki told the other with a light grin.

It wouldn’t push Sharaku into anything uncomfortable, but if he was willing to take the challenge, why not study the shadows a bit more to see what made them tick? Meh. The offer was there, so Sharaku could do what he would with it. In the end, Oki would not be hurt by the answer.

“Tell me about it,” the being would respond back to Sharaku’s words regarding tough love and then tilting its head lightly it would give the other a contemplative look.

“Would Oki really be a good thing to have around? I can come along if you wish, but I don’t want to cause explosions for Sharaku,” the being said still not sure how to handle that situation. On the one hand, if things went bad, Sharaku would have back up, but on the other if its presence caused her to attack…what then? Still... If Sharaku found the risk worth it, then why not learn more about this huntress that was like them? It could not deny it was very curious…despite how cautious it was being. Oki would continue to ponder this for a while longer before its green eyes would drift to Sharaku and land on his golden colored ones.

With time he believed he could persuade her to stop going down the path she was on….

“Different angle….Mmm….those are often hard to convince others of, but I would…like to see if it can be done," Oki began before noddinf lightly and continuing. "I take back my earlier statement. I…want to come down this path with Sharaku and see how change can be created in this world. If Shaku allows it this of course, ” Oki said as it watched a butterfly flutter about before deciding to land on its gloved hand that was resting on the bridge's rails.

It would watch the butterfly of blue and black quietly for a moment as it considered this idea of change heavily. If one could be persuaded on this side of the worlds to change, then perhaps another could be persuaded to do the same on the other side. In any case, the journey would be worth it if Sharaku allowed it to come. It was a step somewhere at least, right?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Well, that was that. There wasn't anything useful Sharaku could add to that statement. Nor was there really a point in trying to think of something to say. Which means, moving on. For now. ''It does, annoyingly so, at times.'' Mainly when someone had a very different perception of a matter compared to you, and it ended in frequent clashes of opinion. That could get very tiring in case at least one side was not willing to settle for a compromise, or at least acknowledge that their view was not the only one that could be right.

He would hum lightly when Oki spoke about the Shadows. ''It seems they can be. Then again, I have not had the chance to speak with any others yet. The ones in the other worlds seem to only be eager to eat people.'' For whatever reason. He had no idea what made them change after they got attached to a person. It would be bad to be stuck with a Shadow that wants you dead...It's already annoying enough at times as it is now. ''In any case..one day, maybe. I think something like that would be best done on the other side.'' While the Shadow could operate even here to an extent, it did not sound like the best idea. If some people saw that, well, who knows. Besides, he wasn't sure he'd get his Shadow to say much here.

''I don't really know...''
, he would chuckle faintly, when Oki asked whether it would be a good idea to come along. He was fairly certain he could aboid getting skewered on his own, but he didn't know how would Maya react to another one showing up along with him. He really didn't. ''It's not that...bad. I can tell she is at least hesitating in her own views. That is enough for me to give it a try. I think..you could come along, but probably not right away. I'd rather find out how she would react first, and maybe take you with me next time.'', he would state thoughtfully. He was already risking. He didn't need to up the ante so sharply. If he could somehow scout out what she thought of Oki when he met her, then perhaps he could make more sense as to whether it was a good idea or not.

With that said, he would look over, squinting at the butterfly, but not saying anything.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) EmptySun May 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Oki nodded quietly to the statement about perception. There was nothing else to add onto that subject. It was what it was. Sometimes things went well when another agreed with you and at other times the views were so different there was really no hope in the matter. Perspective…such a tricky and at times rough little beast. In any case, while it would be fascinating to examine the beast closer, Oki would let this subject go too as they instead moved onto other things like shadows for example and their personalities.

To Sharaku’s words, Oki found itself letting out a faint "hmm" as it nodded. “Yeah…not sure if it is the shadow's connection to us or something else that determines the way they behave or not,” Oki said as it rubbed its chin in thought truly curious about the answer to such a puzzle. When Sharaku agreed to the experiment idea to a degree, green eyes would glide over to the other as a pleased smile cross the being's lips. It honestly was not expecting Sharaku to agree with such a thing.

“Of course. Don’t want to scare people and besides it might be easier to get them to interact on their own turf. Oki will put this down as a potential future thing to do. Not sure how much we can get from it, but learning some truth would at least put my mind somewhat at ease,” Oki told the other with a light chuckle. While the being didn’t expect such research to help all things, perhaps understanding the little buggers could help not only deal with the wild shadows, but also perhaps help them both get a clearer grip on their relationship with their personal demons. It was an exciting if, but for now was simply stored for later examining.

When the subject came back to the Maya and visiting her, Oki had asked a question that got it an answer it was more or less expecting. Much like itself, Sharaku wasn’t sure if Oki coming was a good thing or not. After all, who knew what she would do if it saw Oki too? As if lining up with its own thought pattern, Sharaku spoke.

“Mmm…that sounds logical enough,” Oki said as it considered his words carefully. Yes, this was the better choice. After all, Sharaku had faced and defeated her and maybe going alone once more would help the situation. Oki might ruin what hope there was for the field to change if it went so soon. The being would remain quiet in thought as it would watch the butterfly for a moment longer before the creature fluttered off deciding to land on Sharaku’s shoulder for a brief second before taking off to the air again. Strange creatures, but a good omen nonetheless. There may be hope yet.

“Alright then,” Oki said as it shifted from its spot and placed its hands on its hips as it leaned forward and blinked up at Shaku. “Oki expects a full report when you get back from such a visit. Don’t leave us out of the loop, got it?” Oki said a light tease to its voice despite what was said. After all, it was up to Sharaku if he wanted to give information or not. Oki was fine either way. To be honest, all Oki really wanted was for its friend to come out the encounter safe. Defeated or not, Maya was a still a hunter....It wondered if that nature could be changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) Empty

Back to top Go down

Reconnection (Shaku)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next