Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Freaky Dream!! EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Freaky Dream!! EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Freaky Dream!! EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Freaky Dream!! EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Freaky Dream!! EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Freaky Dream!! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Freaky Dream!! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Freaky Dream!! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Freaky Dream!! EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Freaky Dream!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kibin Inoue

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:01 pm

N/A

-->  Curiou$Kitsune:  This is gonna sound odd but I had a really bizarre dream last night that seemed too real to be nothing. So I woke up laying in my bed within the dream world and things were really weird. Like, closet is on my ceiling weird. In that dream I heard a familiar voice calling my name so I followed it to my bedroom door which was totally on its side! I had to do some Fez style perspective changing shit to walk through it. (people have played that game right?) On the other side were some stairs the lead into this big open room that was filled with fog so thick I couldnt see to the other side. In that fog was a figure of a man who told me he came bearing a gift. The gift was my childhood imaginary friend who he said wanted to aid me in facing upcoming hardships. He called it a Persona and said it was mine to use so long as I promised not to devote it to anything but self preservation. Whats even more terrifying is that he said that something was coming and reality was coming apart! Anyone else have any dreams like that or have any insight into this?!
Back to top Go down
Rokosho

Rokosho

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:18 pm

>>Blood Bones has logged In<<

....Blood Bones is typing....

Blood Bones: That is quite the dream you had there. It kind of reminds me of a twisted version of Alice in Wonderland which makes me curious. Did the one who gave you the gift leave a name? How about finer details on the world tearing apart? How about the persona/imaginary friend you mentioned? Are you saying the being gave you another personality or perhaps pulled a hidden one out, but it came in the form of your imaginary friend? Hit me up with more details won't ya, friend?
Back to top Go down
Kibin Inoue

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm

N/A

>>Curiou$Kitsune: Well to be perfectly honest almost all of these questions are ones I cannot answer. I was never given a name or any specifics. Just a warning and this "gift". I do know a bit about it though. At least I think I do, when I was little I had an imaginary friend. Well this friend was painfully sentient and had a mind of its own to some degree or another and would talk to me. It lead to some rather antisocial moments. As I grew up, though, it slowly faded to nothing. After that dream though I coulda swore I heard her voice again just for a moment. So perhaps it is some kind of alternate personality.................. and just like that I probably seem crazy!
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:54 pm

Freaky Dream!! 010346-3d-transparent-glass-icon-animals-animal-dog-print

--> [GoldenButterfly] :: Well, isn't that interesting ~ Question. You say it was a dream. Do you actually believe it's real? Otherwise, I don't know why would you call yourself crazy over a dream, right? ~ I mean, it's probably normal to dream about an imaginary friend, if you interpret it that way.
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:05 pm

Freaky Dream!! Punch

--> [shinaisamurai15] :: Like the above poster said, it's surely imaginary. Jumping to the conclusion that this dream has any meaning is preposterous. You're the only one who has reported such a thing so far if I'm not mistaken.

--> [shinaisamurai15] :: Now, if others start having these sorts of dreams I'd perhaps argue that there could be sort of connection. But I'd still be at least somewhat skeptical myself. That means that it'd have to be multiple people, all of them never having seen this forum before the incident, and that there had to be proof that this was more than just a simple dream. Overall I wouldn't take it as anything special. It's likely that it came from some sort of experience you had and your subconscious reproduced it into your dream. For example, you mentioned Fez. Could you perhaps have been playing Fez before you went to bed or at least have had your mind on it? If so it's likely that it made its way into your dream because of how you had your mind on it before you fell asleep. It naturally transferred from your conscious thoughts over to your unconscious thoughts.

--> [shinaisamurai15] :: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream

--> [shinaisamurai15] :: If you really wish to look into this I suppose you could research the subject matter of dreams entirely. I'm sure you'll have your answer by then if you can't withhold yourself. It might be a bit of a waste of time but sometimes we just can't stop our curiosity from controlling our actions.

--> [shinaisamurai15] :: Also, if it's worth anything to you, I think Persona comes from psychology. I think it was either Jung or Freud who proposed the concept if my memory serves me correct.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:29 pm

--> [GoldenButterfly] :: Someone's sure getting all philosophical there ~ That said, I never meant I am convinced it was a dream. I was just asking for opinion. After all, you should always expect the unexpected. Why couldn't it be real in some way? ~
Back to top Go down
Kibin Inoue

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:35 pm

>>Curiou$Kitsune: It was more like the dream reminded me of the game to be honest. I havent played nor given any thought to that game in some time. While it may very well have been just a dream I cant shake that there is more too it after all until now I had no idea about the concept of a persona. Interesting reading material though.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:01 pm

--> [GoldenButterfly] :: Well now ~ If you feel there's more to it, why not try it out? If it really happened, you should be able to do something with that 'Persona', no? I would gather that's the case from your previous words. Why sit on the net and ask then? Don't people have a habit of pulling lies here? ~ Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Rokosho

Rokosho

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:53 pm

...Blood Bone is typing...

Blood Bone: That is too bad that the dream wasn't so clear cut, Kitsune. The way ya started off, I had thought there was some more to it, but ah well. As for being crazy, I don't think dreams or imaginary friends define ya as crazy, but then again you are talking to someone who likes to experiment with lucid dreaming. Take that as ya will.

In any case, while 15 brought up some good points with the logic back there, when it comes to dreaming I am more skeptical about logic than the imaginary. Dreams aren't all meaningless and sometimes writing things out and examining them as they occur could point something out to ya. Maybe ya imaginary friend and this mysterious dude is signaling something coming into your life that might be bad or good. I am not sure how to translate that whole tearing the world apart bit there, but I think for personal enlightenment you should take notes on it. It is only a suggest, but it helps when crazy shenanigans happen in life.

In the end, I'd have to agree with GB here, Kitsune. While some may be skeptical, if you really think it is something special that dream, then perhaps you gotta simply take a brave step out and see where your second you, if that is what this persona thing is, takes ya. Might discover something new about yourself.

Back to top Go down
Kibin Inoue

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 10:10 pm

>>Curiou$Kitsune: Hmmm. Food for thought indeed. I suppose it cant hurt to go along with this dream and see what I may find. I'd like to test this out but I wouldn't begin to know how.
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 10:41 pm

Freaky Dream!! Punch

---> [shinaisamurai15] :: If you want to believe it's supernatural that's fine -- to each their own beliefs. But if that's the sort of case you're dealing with, do you really wanna dive in headfirst into this scenario? Think about it practically. A being you know nothing about and an imaginary friend transport you to a dream world and give you what they called a gift. You know nothing about this gift or what it does. For all you know it's not a gift at all and moreso a curse. Do you really want to delve carelessly into such matters like a blind fool without any caution?

---> [shinaisamurai15] :: Play things smooth. Don't go actively seeking out answers -- for there's a line between curiosity and idiocy. Delving into a world we know nothing about IS NOT A WISE CHOICE and could potentially get you murdered to death.

---> [shinaisamurai15] :: If you don't want to be skeptical that's your choice. But please, for the love of all that is sane, be sensible. If something truly is up with your dream chances are that you don't know what you're dealing with and may be walking straight towards your inevitable demise -- or worse.

---> [shinaisamurai15] :: Then again, I guess it's your choice whether you live or die. I assume that you'd want to actually survive though; in which case I'd implore you to take things cautiously and casually at the least or avoid anything relating to this dream of yours at the most.

---> [shinaisamurai15] :: Of course, this is all a hypothetical scenario. I don't mean to imply there's anything special behind this dream but if there is don't think that it's automatically guaranteed to be pleasant or even worth the risk. That's just plain naivety.
Back to top Go down
Rokosho

Rokosho

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:54 pm

....Blood Bone is typing....

Blood Bone: That is some pretty deep thinking, 15. I don't think ya are wrong or anything like that, but from experience I know for a fact not taking a little risk in life will get ya no where.

Sure, there is some danger involved, but then again you are in danger the moment ya open your eyes. Ya already facing unknown factors so what is wrong with trying to face another that is presented in a dream? It's just self-examining dream reading, so why not take a personal journey for some new truth about yourself, hmm?

Kitsune, while I have never dealt with dreams that talked to me directly, perhaps if you try focusing on that other you or what not from the dream, perhaps it will take ya to where ya need to be to dive deeper into this. I am interested to here the outcome, so hit up the forum again with results sometimes. I'd like to compare my dream notes with ya, so don't going getting yourself killed, k? ~_^

Any way. It is getting late, so see you dreamers and non-dreamers down the road. BB out.

>>Blood Bones has logged out of the chat<<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Freaky Dream!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky Dream!!   Freaky Dream!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Freaky Dream!!
Page 1 of 1