Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A hopeless place [Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:06 pm

Wait a mom- Well, not really, but Sharaku almost jerked backwards when Shun went to touch his face. Not because he would want to really avoid it, but moreso out of instinct. He did not expect it, nor did he know what to do about it. In the end, he would stay still as he was, closing his eyes briefly, letting the younger do as he wished. What else could he really do...? ''It's...fine.'', he would mutter weakly, because even if he did feel sort of scattered right now, he didn't really want Shun to worry too much. This whole thing...was pretty much both of their faults, and he was willing to admit that, despite the fact that it was mostly misunderstanding from his side. Maybe he should just have bitten his tongue harder back then and think first...that is, if it would have changed anything. Most likely not. But it was a nice thought to entertain. On second thought about this all, maybe he should be worrying about himself too. Crying wasn't something he did, even when stressed a lot. Why now...? But, he didn't even know anymore. At least, he still had a pretty good control, which meant he didn't keep on crying for too long after he realized that he had been in the first place.

After opening his eyes again, he would look at Shun somewhat calmly, cracking a weak smile as Shun gave a sort of apology, or so it seemed. ''It's....I'll take that. It's not really your fault. We're..just misunderstanding each other here. Which is why it'd probably be better to finish this talk. Unless....you wish for something like this to repeat. And, to be completely honest, fun or not, if we stay around each other..it's bound to come up anyway...I'll be okay. Talking is always easier than doing it.'', he would speak up in a soft tone, leaning backwards a little. ''So, you dislike Shadows...am I right?'', he would sigh a little, closing his eyes again, almost as if tired. ''I wish I knew how to...well, maybe...'', he would mutter, as if unsure for a moment, before looking back at the younger again. ''Let me tell you a story then, well, sort of. Allright?'', he would ask all of a sudden, golden eyes narrowing lightly.

''Once upon a time, there were some people, in a far away land. They had a lot of power, and ways to do things. And they sought more as well, for reasons unknown. Having the knowledge about supernatural and the Shadows only made it easier for their goals. Sometimes, however, humans are more selfish than they should be, and it shows. They want to see new, amazing things, and aren't afraid to go through anything to accomplish them. So, they experiment with anything and everything to get their result. In our case here...it's Shadows. Because, think about it. A Shadow on its own is a violent creature, mostly known to simply attack a human being, yet they have the supernatural power to wield. Taming a Shadow naturally might not be possible. But, if you want to use that power in some way, and have resources, ability to fetch anything along with plenty of scientists to work on it.....what do you think you could do?'' He almost felt as if he was telling a fairytale here..but, the irony of it did lift his mood a little bit which was probably a positive thing. ''Do you have any ideas? Feel free to suggest anything you can think of. It's the important part.'', he would prompt the younger to say something for a bit. He needed to take a deep breath anyway, and Shun's view might help him formulate the next part better as well. The teen had it easier than the other two that had heard some of this before already, as he chose to not play around as much as he normally did. This time...was somewhat different.

Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Shunnosuke decided to stay silent for the time being. Sharaku had a point in his saying to which the younger one couldn't really disagree with. If the older was feeling better to talk about whatever left emotional scars on him, then so be it. Of course Shunnosuke would still prefer to forget that whole previous talk, it wasn't working and didn't seem to be leading anywhere than mutual animosity and resentment, but well, talking can make things better, can't it? He wasn't the type to unburden his heart about any problems to people in general — except his maid, when he needed to complain about something, usually petty reasons for dissatisfaction, she was the one to go for and listen, but that aside...nope. Regardless, the teenager was relieved to see Sharaku had sort of calmed down and had his tears dry on his own. That was so unusual in so many ways the boy wouldn't know what to do should the situation progress to a more dramatic scenery. As Sharaku went on with his speech, Shunnosuke wouldn't add nothing but eventual nods when he was addressed to, except when it was required for him to voice his opinion on the current matter.

Hmmm...I really don't know. It's only natural for humans to try to study and tame the unknown, no matter how fearful they seem at first sight. That's the way mankind has progressed so far, right? If it can bring evolution and development, I don't see a reason for not to. — He'd reply, carefully. Perhaps that wasn't the best response, but... And the way that story was told seemed a bit...bothering for Shunnosuke. It's as if Sharaku was trying to narrate a fairy tale to a child and underestimating the teenager's ability to comprehend it should the more appropriate, realistic and harsh words be used, or maybe alleviating the gravity of the subject, the very same subject to which he referred to as "not a fun talk that may change his mind about him". Didn't he think Shun wouldn't be able to take it if he said it all at once? Well then, what gives, he knew some things are hard to be revealed in one go. Though the student still couldn't understand what shadows have to do with Sharaku and all, he wouldn't comment on that. It proved to be a wise decision to stay quiet and be a good listener.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Hmm, as much as mankind's progression was not neccessarily the problem here, Sharaku had to admit Shun's response was in ways logical at least. People do try to develop things allright. There was no denying about that. To satisfy their own needs, that is. ''Fair thought. Evolution and development, yes. But at what cost? I don't have anything against studying things and progress either, when it's within certain limits, that is. What some people are willing to do, however....could be considered...how would I put it, immoral?'', he would say, staying quiet for a bit afterwards, tapping his fingers against a nearby surface thoughtfully. If Shun wanted to, he was free to say something during the little break. ''Because the ways of taming Shadows I'm talking about consisted of forcefully binding said Shadows to something that could have a chance at controlling it to at least some extent. Admittably, there is probably only one viable choice that would have a fair capability. Can you guess?'', he would shake his head with a sigh. That was probably the reason. Though, he didn't really know why would anyone make that kind of choice so easily. Weren't there other ways to gain power? Hm, who knew.

''Either way, I'm sure you at least somewhat noticed one thing when we fought. I am apparently the only person so far, as far as I know, that doesn't use a Persona, as you call it, to battle. Which is, in normal circumistances...at least so I figure, the only way to use the supernatural powers, aside from the route Shadows take that is.'', he would smile thinly, leaning his chin against his hands somewhat tiredly. For some reason he wondered...how many times would he have to explain this? It was the third person he was having this discussion with so far, and even...only 3 or so months in the past, he would have told people they lost their mind, had they suggested this would be happening. ''Are you following me so far? Feel free to ask if you're not getting something...I might forget to say certain things.'', he would inquire, almost hoping Shun would ask something, if only to make it easier on him to explain. It wasn't easy to choose words on his own, if he had no idea what would teh younger actually prefer to hear first.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 12:24 am

"Immoral"? What's really the concept of immoral? Shunnosuke considered asking about it because, really, many "immoral" things were done in order to promote the proper evolution of mankind, and so far he couldn't care less as long as some benefit could be extracted from those. Certain times, some sacrifices are just...necessary. "The ends justify the means", right? He could start a discussion about the concept of morality and what not, but...not in that place, at that time, with Sharaku's current emotional state. That and, for the full disclosure, he couldn't even determine where that discussion was heading to, despite having his eyes fixed at Sharaku's face with some kind of...confused, fearful and nervous glance. Why did he have this increasing feeling he was about to be dragged to something dark with a point of no return...?

"Forcefully binding Shadows"? Now that's something he never thought before. Horrible? Maybe. Maybe not. He shrugged, the moment that sentence was pointed out. The way Sharaku was telling the whole story, Shun could imagine how painful the binding process was but it's just as they say, "out of sight, out of mind". Not like that's any important to Shun, anyway. From Sharaku's hint, probably he was referring to humans as the "only viable choice". — ...were you...? — Shunnosuke muttered, the trembling glance upon his face...he could see where Sharaku is coming from, but didn't want to take the wrong conclusion and offend him. Is he one of these scientists who conduct strictly prohibited experiments? Is that what would change the teen's opinion of him? He'd have to try harder then, for Shun didn't care, he had nothing to do with that story anyway. A bit shocking, yes, but that's not enough to turn his eyes from the older man.

...and then Sharaku made him recall the moments at their assigned mission. He didn't remember Sharaku using a persona, yes. In fact, he remembered hearing a voice calling him "wimp" and getting upset about it, but couldn't identify who was its owner and, in light of their rescue problems, that measly episode's importance faded out. Until now.
... — His mouth ajar made it clear the boy had finally grasped everything and a cold sweat would slowly slide at the right side of his face. — ...Is that what happened to you...? I thought you were one of the people behind the experiment, but...you were a subject instead...?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 5:03 am

So, Shun got the point rather quickly. Which was, in its own way a good thing, as Sharaku didn't want to have to repeat himself again right now. To top it off, he even had a less of a reaction than expected. Perhaps because he was shocked. That looked to be the problem. ''Well, yes, we could call it that.'', he would give the younger a faint smile. ''In all honesty, I'm surprised more people don't take notice sooner. I'm sure you can see I don't look exactly normal. Actually, considering you know Hyde, I'm sure he's probably been rattling about Shadows having golden eyes and such. I know he likes to be the protective hero.'', he would say, staying quiet for a moment afterwards, to let Shun sort it out in his head. Though...they should probably get to the problem at hand. The whole thing that actually caused this...dramatic flare?

''Now, I know you said to forget about what happened a while ago, but since we're already on this subject, I might as well explain. The problem here is...that I don't understand these kind of feelings well. You see, the people behind this all did not really know how to get what they wanted from the start, so...let's say they took their time with trying things around. To put it in numbers...I've spent...'', he would pause to think briefly, ''5 years, as a 'lab rat', if I can call it that. From when I was 13 till 18. I...didn't really have the time to understand 'love' as you put it.'', he would sigh lighty. ''I will say it this way. I do enjoy hanging out with you, but I just don't really know. Though, if you're still sure about how you feel, I am willing to give it a try.'', he would conclude, looking at the younger calmly. After all, it wouldn't kill to try...and he did prefer men anyway. There's always a first for everything, and Shun didn't annoy him badly or anything so far. ''Feel free to ask any questions if you want.'', he would add, giving the younger a chance to put in his own word, or inquire about something. It was better to straighten things out at once when it already came down to this. He didn't want to have such a discussion with the same person twice.

Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 12:59 am

Shunnosuke would say nothing, again remaining speechless after each of Sharaku's declaration. Well, Hyde did mention the unusual eye color as a common trait among "suspicious and dangerous people/shadows" or something in that line, to which the younger paid some attention, indeed, only to come later at the conclusion the Sharaku was harmless and how his eyes looked like meant literally nothing. Probably the redhead didn't refer to Sharaku when he mentioned "people with golden eyes", but darn...

I think...I need a drink. — Lifting his index finger, his single gesture called the bartender, who apparently was just waiting for the moment the teenager would demand a beverage. This time, however, Shun specifically asked for cold (very cold!) water rather than alcohol and asked for his glass to not be entirely filled, just enough to make the subject easier to "swallow", no pun intended. That was the opportunity for Sharaku to give sequence to his speech, to which Shunnosuke only had time to take a rather big sip before setting the glass on the counter and returning his attention to their conversation.

...oddly, the teenager still felt as if that was just a big euphemism for a not reciprocal feeling, which wasn't really wrong. Sharaku didn't really feel the same way — at least it wasn't a turn down either —, and up to this point, not even Shunnosuke could tell for sure, each time the talk would advance he'd discover more and more the ideal image of Sharaku he painted in his mind was being replaced for another person he couldn't even imagine to exist.
A real person. A human.
Still, even that would lose importance when he analyzed the whole macro scenario involving shadows.

I'm not sure of what to say in such situation. I... — Some hints of shame could be noticed by his trembling voice. Almost as if Shunnosuke was feeling guilty for not giving a hoot to whether people are being abused in those experiments or not...and guilty for thinking Sharaku was right. The teenager indeed had changed his opinion about Sharaku a bit. He just couldn't tell if for better or worse. — I want you to tell me how was it for you, how that happened. I'm conscious it's not something you can easily talk about but... — He frowned, in an hesitant and worried tone, but also with curiosity. If he's really entering that dangerous universe for good, starting by the whole Awakening process and reaching the point he'd travel between alternate dimensions to fight, he might as well try to understand the hardships of those shadow phenomena better. And by doing so, he'd also understand Sharaku a bit better as well. Maybe his interest for that man didn't fade away at all, just...changed its colors, maybe. — ...what did they do to you?...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Sharaku wouldn't say he in any way understood how cold water helped anything, but that was admittably the last thing that he should be worrying about now. Whatever worked for Shun. He didn't really like cold in general. When Shun returned his attention to the conversation at hand, he would remain quiet at first, letting the younger finish his whole thought process. He figured it wasn't easy to take in for the teen, and he wasn't about to jump in and push the matter. A slower approach would probably let Shun sort it out better, before making a final conclusion. Whatever it was going to be. Then again, Sharaku only cared to a certain extent. By now, he assumed it was no use getting overly upset if someone was way too creeped out or anything of similar fashion. It was something he couldn't change, and being down would only make it worse for him. Yes, it was obvious that it would make things fairly easier if Shun swallowed it, but at times you cannot choose the outcome you want. Life was simple as that. You can try, but it doesn't mean you'd succeed everytime as useful as that notion would be.

''I suppose I can attempt...'', he would concede to Shun's request after taking several moments to consider it. If that's what the younger wanted to hear. While he had no idea as to why would Shun want to know those things exactly, he wouldn't refuse just for that. As said before, talking was easier than any other actions in the field. ''Though, there isn't that much to really tell. I don't think I understand half the things they've done.'', he would say thoughtfully, scrunching his eyebrows a little in thought. ''There were...lots of different experiments, as far as I remember. Most involved some sort of close contact with a Shadow, and well, since it's Shadows we're talking about here, it wasn't really a pleasant thing.'', he would shrug slightly, leaving it at that for now, unless Shun inquired further. It wasn't something he would go about remembering vividly, unless he had to. ''Either way, they did apparently figure it out in the end, out of which, one of the outcomes is how I look now, eye, skin color and all.'', he would add afterwards. Honestly, he didn't really know what all Shun wanted to hear, and he didn't want to pull up things he didn't neccessarilly need to. Less trouble. ''Am I missing anything...?''
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 6:39 pm

It wasn't necessary for Sharaku to go further with those explanations. "To the wise, a single word is enough". The thoughts of it... He has heard before about experiments similar in execution, and even read about it in some media, usually highlighted by an out of proportion exposure brought to the surface, involving animals and whatnot...but never humans. Though it wasn't hard to deduce that if people can capture animals and use them at their own volition, they could very well do the same to a human being, slave job and such, you know. Still...all of those occurrences seemed like a scandal too far from his reality. Of course, due to his background, it wasn't any hard for the teenager and his family to eventually draw themselves nearer to exchanging support with questionable business partners that kept secretly controversial labor forces. It was never necessary, though, and therefore that dark reality was always kept away from him.
...that is, until now.

No, not at all...that's enough. — Shunnosuke would make a dainty gesture to signalize it, leading his hand to his mouth in complete shock. It's like something out of a creepy tv show happening right next to his house. He couldn't say he was any less curious...and worried; and while he would have preferred to hear the whole story, he wasn't sure anymore about the details. No use putting a dirty finger on a living scar. That was just...too much.

Sharaku...you started it as if you had committed a crime, yet you didn't. Then...why? You're a victim, why would someone look down on you for that? — He would finally say, staring back at the man after hearing everything he had to tell, his countenance making it clear how much that conversation affected the student. — Why is any of this important...for us?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:23 pm

When Shun said it was enough, Sharaku would shift his gaze to the side briefly. That went ...soundly. Good thing, he didn't have to explain in deeper detail, slightly worse, Shun was taking it rather hard, judging from that shocked expression. Whether it was in a neutral or bad sense, he had no idea at the moment, but it was clear that the younger was not feeling positive about this matter. Which was not entirely surprising, considering what it was all about. He wouldn't say he was happy-go-lucky about it either, obviously. At Shun's next set of questions, he would give the teen a fleeting smile, shaking his head a little. ''It's not that I...Ahem, I guess I'm just cryptic in my way of speaking at times.'', he would say, addressing the first part. He hadn't realized the way he spoke make it seem that way. Heh, a crime right. Though, it wasn't as if he wasn't capable of it...but nevermind.

''The second answer is rather easy, actually. People are often afraid or resentful of what they don't understand, and many aren't willing to try. That can have plenty of consequences.'', he would state, rather flatly. Sharaku could see Shun was bothered by this conversation, but as long as the teen kept asking, he would recieve some sort of answers. No one was forcing him to keep on the with the topic. ''...Importance..? Well, you were distressed about the way I acted and spoke towards you at times. That was what started this, yes? I just don't see some things like casual people, that's where it lies. Not anymore at least. Also, probably the fact that you were bound to learn eventually, due to the fact that there are things that make me look different from the rest of you all in certain situations. I don't suppose you would want to have things explained in the middle of a battle or such, if something came up?'', he would attempt to point a few things that came to mind at that particular moment. He could probably come up with more in time, but it most likely didn't matter anyway. With a light sigh, he would lean backwards, leaving it to Shun to continue the conversation as he saw fit.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 3:20 pm

Sharaku had a valid point, no argument there. Shun was fated to notice the strange nature of Sharaku's powers eventually, anyway, and Hyde even mentioned it briefly, it made sense for the male to speak about its origins beforehand. And yes, a discussion of that importance level wouldn't be wise to develop in the middle of a battlefield. Knowing himself as he knew, Shunnosuke would pay no attention to the battle should such discussion arise.

I know... —  He wasn't too sure of the direction that conversation was going to, and despite the words exchanged...it's not like what he felt for the other had simply vanished in sight. Maybe it changed a bit, in a way he couldn't foresee, but...not in a bad way. Past the various tiny moments he spent recapping every important word over and over again, he knew that much. — I do admit I acted a bit out of my usual self and may have behaved inappropriately with anything I have said. — He uttered, not very comfortable with assuming his fault on the little misunderstanding. In his mind, Sharaku was still the one to blame for underestimating his feelings. Oh well...a small concession here and there wouldn't hurt. — And I also admit I had a different idea of you, I-I'm pretty...astonished, yes, I also feel betrayed and this makes me look like a fool after all that I've said before. I...need time to think about everything...but even so... — "This is so hard", he thought, making an effort to not look away out of...shyness. Shunnosuke also had his moments. — ...I still want to know you better. Not the perfect Sharaku you always show to everyone, but the one that is here tonight...with me. — Unless Sharaku had something else, darker than his secret hidden under his sleeve, Shunnosuke wouldn't refuse his presence. He was firmly attached to the idea Sharaku was innocent in everything, therefore that subject didn't matter for them both. Knowing the disturbing background was like a punch in the face, yes, and despite this, he was still looking forward to have the other's company. Perhaps the whole subject as just as confusing to him as it was to Sharaku.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 5:58 pm

'.......' That wasn't what Sharaku had been aiming for. Oh yes, Shun had his small part in the problem, even if it was only the rather fiery overreacting right away. But, it wasn't ultimately the younger's fault. He didn't know, and Sharaku knew..that some of his words end up sounding worse then he means them to be. It was mostly just a mess up of many things. He would sigh lightly. ''Look, you don't have to feel like you were inappropriate, it's not really your fault. I suppose I did somewhat deserve it, even though I didn't really aim to upset you on purpose.'', he would say, shaking his head. He couldn't say whether Shun was really sincere, or was just saying it to ease the whole argument from before, but he did not want to get caught up in apologies and all. Just, no. That was like being pitied too much, which he rather disliked.

A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 Tyki_mikk_9_by_megami_tama-d3jb9hg

Though, at first, he didn't know what to say to Shun's next 'admission', as the younger seemed to put it. This was...complicated, and he didn't know how would it end up. But, it couldn't hurt badly to try. ''We all look like fools once in a while. I think it's normal. But, it's probably better than living in the dark till the very end. I could have just lied to you, but where would that lead us?'', he would sigh under his breath lightly. Guess it didn't matter anymore either way. He actually didn't enjoy lying too much, but in normal circumistances it was inevitable. It wasn't a matter to discuss with your everyday person who had no knowledge about the supernatural. He would tap his fingers lightly against the nearest surface for a bit, before addressing the second half. ''I can...try.'', he would give Shun a faint smile. ''I can't guarantee how it'll go, however. I am far too used to 'pretending' as you'd probably put it. It's a habit already. I don't like having people bother with my problems. It's not fair.'', he would admit eventually, giving the younger a steady look. If Shun wanted it, he could try, but it wasn't something he was used to. ''Still, I do appreciate the idea....''
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:19 pm

I know. I know very well what it takes to pretend to be someone else. — The student had a soft, tender smile upon his lips when he said this, after listening to everything Sharaku had to tell. Their reasons might be different for doing it, but that's not the point. In a way or another, they weren't too far apart. Shunnosuke would, carefully and slowly, slide his hand on the counter's surface to reach...Sharaku's. As soon as their skins touched, he softly held the taller's hand. — Should I fall in love with someone, I'd rather it be for his true, entire self. And...I'd want him to like me for who I am too. Even if he doesn't understand it. — He held the older's stare for a second only to release his hand immediately after. Was it the drink's influence...? He only had one glass so far...well, it doesn't matter. A sudden strike of shyness hit him and he pulled his hand back. — I might be acting too bold now, aren't I?... — He let a short, atypically modest giggle come out. Wow. "I said it. I finally said it all", he thought happily broadening his smile, unaware his embarrassment would materialize into a not so subtle blush.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 2:20 pm

Did he? Would that mean Shun was playing pretend at times too? Or was Sharaku just not getting it the right way? Ah well, he really didn't want to analyze this anymore, or he would have asked about it. Enough is enough. He would only tilt his head slightly, in a small burst of curiosity, but do nothing else about it. In all honestly, he both wanted to know and didn't. Right now, the best way out was to not poke about, unless Shun decided to elaborate on his own. It could wait. They had enough drama for a while, or so he would assume. His gaze would flick to Shun swiftly, staring at the younger in a rather 'deer in the headlights' way for a short moment, when the teen decided to hold his hand. He wouldn't pull away, nor anything similar, but he didn't know how to react either. Damn him to all hell, but he wasn't used to anything even remotely lovely-dovey. At least, when he knew it was actually serious, rather than just playing around. The latter, he had his ways of handling.

''I....''
, he would start to say something after Shun's declaration about falling in love, though stopping for a moment to clear his throat. ''...I suppose you're right about that.'', he would finish, with an almost awkward smile. Well, this was kind of a fail, but, he really didn't know what to do right now. This was going to be a long road....That he could already tell. Oh, there were things he could say, but he had absolutely no idea what would be okay. If there was one thing he didn't want, it was upsetting Shun again by saying something lame. And he knew he was perfectly capable of messing up in a situation like this one.

Shun's next statement made him regain his composure though, and the corner of his lips would quirk into a somewhat playful smile. ''I thought you always were.'', he would state, with a low chuckle, as he leaned forwards a little, inspecting the younger's red face languidly. ''Or am I wrong...?''
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:00 pm

"Always bold"? Really? Well, okay, sometimes Shunnosuke went a bit overboard with his flirting games and his rather flamboyant nature. It wasn't like he's always flirtatious and naughty, though. That aside, he was a pretty composed person...wasn't he...? Anyway, that smile made him get the spirit of his playful remark, to which he would reply with an equally humorous giggle.

Yes. You are wrong. Unless you want me to be modest... — If it wasn't for Sharaku's intense and sudden stare, Shunnosuke would continue to joke about it. What's that for? Is his skin dirty or something? He rubbed his hand softly against his cheeks for that purpose but didn't find anything on his fingers. — Hum, is there anything on my face or...? — Seriously, he was about to ask Sharaku to stop this, for he was feeling a bit embarrassed. Those intense, golden eyes right at him...sure, the boy liked attention, but that's too much, isn't it? If anything, it'd only make the reddening on his face last a little longer than it should.

Last edited by Shunny on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 8:22 pm

Pfff, modest. Not that Sharaku couldn't see it happening, but if he were to gather all he's seen so far, every time he had met or hung out with Shun, that word wouldn't get a prized position in his observation. No hard feelings about that. Actually, it was sort of funny. Which is why he'd give a low laugh a after a few moments of processing Shun's comeback. ''Am I..?'', he would quip back in mild amusement, not breaking his contemplative stare until Shun actually called him out on it after rubbing his face.

''Hm?'', he would hum lightly at first, not realizing what Shun was talking about. Though it hit him rather quickly afterwards. He hadn't neccessarily noticed he had been staring a bit too much up until now. ''Ah, no, not really. Unless color counts as something, that is.'', he would respond with a quirked eyebrow, his gaze still on the younger, though not as unwavering as before. Still, he wasn't going to stare at the ceiling just because Shun was afraid something was on his face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A hopeless place [Sharaku]   A hopeless place [Sharaku] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A hopeless place [Sharaku]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next