Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mezuku

mezuku

Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} Empty
PostSubject: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 2:58 am

Goodness, class bored the life out of Lola. True, she started going to class of her own free will, but that was slowly becoming another regret in her life. Seriously. How did the guests put up with this kind of thing? Plus many humans had jobs. And then there was the homework. Not that she really did her homework. She usually forgot that she even had it or she only did half of it. She really wasn’t good at this school thing. At least she was a decent attendant as of late, or she might have had to admit that she may have to rethink her life. But class was over for the day, and that made her face glow. There was no happier time than the few minutes after school let out. Until she reached a door to go back home, she was her own woman and free to do what she wanted. That usually lasted all of five minutes at most.

Something in the back of her mind was bothering her, however. It was like this little voice beating against her brain, trying to tell her something she couldn’t hear. What was it though? She was almost to the front door when it finally hit her. She was supposed to meet someone at the track. She did a 180 and made her way to the place they were supposed to be meeting. She really hoped she wasn’t late. This was her first time meeting a User outside of her home and she didn’t want to completely mess it up. She wouldn’t relax until the track was in her sight. He better still be here, they had a race they needed to get done.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:40 am

Hyde was wearing his track outfit as he stretched nearby the track field.  The outfit consisted of shorts, a tight shirt that said Zela, high ankle socks, and running shoes. He was getting himself prepared; he also bought plenty of water.  Winning and losing was the farthest thing on his mind, Hyde was looking to have some fun with the attendant today. It’s actually not so common for these attendants to be outside of the velvet room to attend to their personal lives like this, and it was definitely intriguing to Hyde.  After he finished stretching, he saw Lola walking towards the track in the distance. Hyde had a competitive smile on his face as he saw the girl approach. “I was waiting for you, Lola! I  couldn’t stop thinking about you after that day, and how much I wanted to win.

Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} Lagi+El+Nagil

Hyde was indeed excited, but he had to remain focused. He tossed over a cold Poland spring water bottle to Lola to be a fair sport, it was pretty hot outside. “Try to keep yourself hydrated; the hot weather is not so forgiving today. That’s kind of why we have the track to ourselves right now, but I like it this way.
Back to top Go down
mezuku

mezuku

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 3:22 pm

As Lola got closer to the field, she would look around to notice how empty it actually was. It was strange, as she could swear the school had a club for this particular sport. Where were all of they? Well, and least that guy was here. What was his name again? It was definitely a verb, she remembered that. She just couldn’t really place it right now. She really should have written it down. It would come back to hear eventually, “Pfft. That’s all it is. A want. While I am all for hoping, I think this one time you are dreaming too big. The race was decided before we even thought about it.” She cocked her hip to the side and gave him a know-it-all smirk, “That means I’m going to win, by the way.” She reached out to catch the bottle of water that he had tossed her. She would look at it suspiciously, “You know, I don’t know if I can get dehydrated. I mean, I live underwater at the moment. But, thank you for thinking about me.” She would bow to him to show her appreciation. As if finally noticing what he was wearing, she would laugh, “Oh this is going to be interesting.” He looked like a real runner, but she was still her normal clothing. That meant a dress to the ground and her heels giving her a few more inches to her height. At least she was used to this kind of outfit.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 1:27 am

You sure you want to run in those things? I can see that girls sometimes complain about their shoes a lot. If you’re fine with the way things are now, I guess we can get started. Then again, I don’t mind if you want to go back to the locker rooms to get changed. “Hyde would say casually as he shifted towards the bleachers and sat down. He started to drink some of the cold water that he had, little droplets was flowing down from his chin. It was Lola’s decision, but every athlete had to be somewhat safe when it came to preforming. Hyde wouldn’t advise her running in those kind of shoes. He would also prefer that she wore comfortable clothing, anything less would diminish his win.
Back to top Go down
mezuku

mezuku

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:14 pm

She would shake her head, “Trust me, the fact that I’m dressed like this is the only hope you have of winning. I can only imagine how quickly you would lose if I began dressing like a normal human being. Besides, I’m fond of this outfit.” Sure, her stamina was only average, but her speed was nothing to laugh at. Even if the race went on for longer than she wanted, she would be far ahead of him by the time it mattered. There was no way she would lose to him. She would make her way over to the section of the field she was sure was where the normal runners would start from, “So, this is how those who do this professionally do this? I can’t believe there are entire sections of this world set up just for running.” Although she had studied human interaction, this kind of thing had never come up. She had never studied much further than what she could find by walking the streets or what was on the glowing boxes. She apparently still had so much to learn, “We probably need to get started, so you may want to stop sitting off to the side and come over here. Unless you’re giving up already? Not that I would blame you.” Maybe he finally realized that she was going to win no matter what he did.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 1:46 am

So far, you’re the only one to get me excited like this! I’m going to take you down! I appreciate the handicap!” Hyde would say as he tossed the water bottle away and got over to the starting line. “If you don’t mind, I’ll be using the block pedals. I need to practice for the upcoming competition anyway. “ Hyde put his right leg in the front block and his left leg in the rear block. Afterwards, the red haired athlete placed his hands just behind the starting line and as wide as his shoulders, if not slightly wider. The fingers and thumb was spaced apart to create an arch or bridge which will allow for greater stability and push-off. He was taking her seriously; this was a first for Hyde as well. In a cool , monotone voice, Hyde gave Lola some time as he got into position. On your mark…. Get Set………… Go!.” At the start of go , Hyde lashed out in a 45 degree angle while performing an explosive version of “pushing” into the track with each step. The goal is not to be as quick and light with our feet, but rather explosive, powerful, and pushing into the track. This was what it meant to have Hyde’s cardio, not to be initially fast, but maintaining a certain speed and pace for a long period of time without failing. This time, he was going to see who was the better athlete between himself and Lola.

Strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mezuku

mezuku

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:15 pm

At least he was ready to take the handicap. It wasn’t like she had something else to change into at the moment. That, and once she beat him it would be all that more fulfilling, “I don’t mind, but what is a block?” She was new to this on a professional level, so she had no clue what anything was called. She just understood the concept of run as fast as you can and don’t let anyone catch up to you. She would take her place in the lane next to him. She wouldn’t do anything special to get ready for the run. She only looked around the track to see the curve it made along the ground. Running was in her blood, but she used it mostly for getaways. This was different from that by quite a bit. That, and he knew this track because he ran it often. She was really going to have fun with this.

As soon as the word ‘go’ left his mouth, she would take off. Her heels would dig into the ground, but it wouldn’t slow her down. She was so used to running in them that they never caused a problem for her. She was thankful for that. She liked them, after all. The real problem was that her opponent didn’t stand a chance. She was off like a rocket the moment she left her starting position. Se may not have had stamina, like he claimed, but she was not the kind of person one could easily keep up with. In fact, it looked like this one User was only average at best, so passing him was rather simple. She would look back at him with a curious look, “Are you sure you’re ready to race me in this state. I could wait for you if you want.” As of to make a point, she slowed down slightly so that he could catch up. The moment he would, however, she would go back to out running him.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:12 am

What the heck? That must be some superhuman attendant skill to be able to run that fast to begin with. Even with heels, she was still passing Hyde at a faster pace. However, Hyde didn’t give up, he pushed himself even further. Lola even slowed down and taunted Hyde, but he didn’t listen. It would take too much energy to expend if he was to start speaking out of the blue. Regardless of how playful Hyde could be, he was taking this an  actual competition. He caught up to  lola, passing her slightly as well, thought she might speed up again. Hyde kept a serious look on his face, focused on winning.
Back to top Go down
mezuku

mezuku

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Lola would tilt her head in confusion as he passed her without saying a word. She would quicken her pace again to catch up with him, this time running by his side, “You know, it’s rude not to answer someone when they speak to you, especially when they are trying to be nice. I did not take you for the rude type when I first saw you.” She was obviously teasing him, “You could be a little nicer. It’s not often I get to speak with our guests, let alone have fun with one. Are you trying to set a bad example for anyone else that may show up?” She was having fun teasing him like this, along with racing. It was something she cherished, as she never really got to do it. Though, she did plan on winning, “Sorry about this.” That meant she would have to leave him behind. She would return to her original speed and put more distance between them. Even if she didn’t have his stamina, she could beat him to the finish line before it mattered.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:29 pm

“No *Huff*… Talking takes… Too much energy… puff” Hyde was trying not to talk, simply because he didn’t want to waste any more energy that he didn’t need to. “You’re pretty amazing Lola.. *puff*… but I’m not going to give up!” Hyde would say as he continued to do his best to keep up with Lola, he was a bit stubborn when it came to certain thing. Being easily broken was not one of the things that you could use to describe Hyde, she had to get tired eventually, and that’s when Hyde gets her! If Lola doesn’t past the finish line in time, the moment she starts to slow down is the moment Hyde puts everything he has into his legs. However, Hyde was running with a smile on his face, enjoying the time he’s currently spending with her. “ Having fun?” Hyde would say out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
mezuku

mezuku

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Talking takes energy? She never thought about that before. She usually just spoke, and it didn’t seem like something that was that hard. Maybe he was one of those people who was not good at interacting with others. She had seen a boy like that before. He was quiet and kind and Lola wanted to do nothing more than bring him out of that shell he was in so he could see the world around him. Granted, her world only consisted of a blue room back then, but it was still full of wonder, “You lie. Talking is too much fun to need energy. See, I can do it while I run.” She even started to hum to prove her point, “This is really fun though. Thank you for inviting me out.” It wasn’t often she just came to enjoy the world outside. There was something happening to her right now. It wasn’t noticeable, but she was running just off the drive she already had going. Lola knew that she would start to slow down not too long from now. It wouldn’t bring her to half speed just yet, but it would lesson the distance between them. She would look around the track, seeing how close they were to the finish. She was not going to lose this.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:46 am

I wouldn’t lie to you; only when you’re running Hyde would say briefly as he continued with his pace, the finish line was starting to look a little closer now. It came down to the final push between Hyde and Lola. Who wanted it more? Who was going to win? “ Of course, we can hang out whenever you want!” Hyde would say, actually slowly catching up to Lola this time. “if you’re so good at this, why haven’t you joined the team yet? They could really use a girl like you on their side.” Due to the amount of cardio that Hyde had, talking wasn’t that much of a problem. He just didn’t prefer it; it was a bad habit depending on the situation.
Back to top Go down
mezuku

mezuku

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:42 am

A laugh would leave her as she looked back at Hyde with a smile, “So you would lie if we weren’t having a race? I will have to remember that for future reference.” She was going to have fun teasing this guy. He set himself up for all of the muck she could fling at him. Not only that, he seemed to take it in stride. She could have all the fun in the world with this guy. She looked back out to see the finish line coming closer. If she could stay just a little bit faster than him for the next minute or so, this race was as good as hers. She was starting to slow down though and she could feel it. Darn. This was going longer than she thought it would. Maybe if she pushed herself at the end she could still win without there being a real competition, but it was less likely than when they started. When he asked why she hadn’t joined the team yet, she would stare ahead, “There is no reason for me to join the team. I have another job that is full time and joining a sports team will not allow me to be there as often as I should be. School is already cutting into the time I could be using to do my job.” There was just no point for her to become a member of the sports team.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:02 am

Hyde chuckled slightly as he ran. “I don’t like to lie to my friends at all, I wouldn’t lie to you either Lola. “ When it came to the part about not having enough time to be an attendant, Hyde understood up to a certain degree. “If that’s the case, I’ll do my best to make sure that school is a little more fun for you. There’s festivals and stuff like that, we could check them out.” As hard as the attendants work for the persona users, it would be nice if Hyde was able to give something back. Even if it was just a momentary piece of comfort, Hyde would want to do that for them. The finish line was right ahead of the competitors, it was only two meters away.

OOC: One final push could make lola win, or she slows down too much lol.. but u can either win with your next post
Back to top Go down
mezuku

mezuku

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 3:05 am

Her face would turn to one of mock offense, “So I’m not in the same class as a friend? You know, I may be an attendant, but I still have feelings. I think you may have broken my heart.” With a puff, she would push herself a bit more, “I would like it if this school was more fun. That would be a most enjoyable time.” The thought actually make her really happy. This race was almost done and Lola could finish it and call herself the indisputable winner. She was tempted to do that too, but she stopped just before the finish line and looked back at him, “So, do I have to finish this thing to officially win or have I made my point?” She would smile at him, waiting for him to catch up, “We can finish together. After all, as an attendant, I assist you. This just feels more natural.” She was a little strange, but she made it clear. They either finished this race together, or she crossed that line with a single step and beat him in this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}   Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde} Empty

Back to top Go down

Speed vs. Stamina (Hyde}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next