Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

That's what a church is for (OPEN)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 7:22 am

Right. And she could keep on wishing. He had yet to see a Shadow that did not attack, and they seemed generally hostile to other living being, humans not excluded. He would shrug a little bit. ''I wouldn't call it a hobby. They just seem naturally hostile towards practically everything else that lives, from what I know. I don't think your wish could come true under normal circumistances.'' At least he severely doubted so. Shadows weren't just going to be friendly by their own volition. That just sounded way too weird to him. Though, he had to admit Naomi had an interesting outlook on the situation, even if it was highly unlikely she would ever get a Shadow that'd want to be her buddy.

Well, she didn't answer his question. On the other hand, she guessed what he was refering to. Hm, Sharaku would have liked to hear more than just that, but it was good enough for now. The fact that she got it was the most important anyway. ''There is a bit of a difference though. Humans and Shadows generally do not mix well.'' She might hang out with her Persona, but it wasn't exactly the same. If only in that it was easier to to accomodate for them. And she at least did not have to associate bad memories with her supernatural friend. When she asked him about Shadows possessing others and objects, he would give her a 'What?' stare for a few moments. Okay, she got him here. He did not think about that option before, and whether something like that could be possible, and frankly, nor did he expect to be asked anything of such kind. ''Well....I don't think it's a normal occurence. I can suppose that some types might be capable of similar actions, as Shadows are quite diverse. But no, normally, that is not what they can do. Not naturally, at least. Also, possess means control, does it not? I wouldn't say a Shadow could make an inanimate object move in the way you suggest. And as for a human...well, I don't really know, but put like this, it makes me want to imagine zombies, rather than anything else.'' And it was not a pretty thing to imagine, that he realized very quickly. Ugh, why is it that you usually think of whatever you're talking about? He could have lived without this. That aside, he realized that they were getting somewhat off the subject at this very moment, but he needed to get rid of that picture in his head first. Naomi was free to start talking first though.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 1:40 am

Naomi’s face would have gone into pout mode, but somewhere inside of her, she knew that the Shadows would probably never play nice, “It’s too bad. If they would just stop and listen, I think that would make all of our lives easier. It would certainly cut down on the fighting. Which I’m not opposed to. It gets rather tiring to only be able to throw rocks.” She hoped that she would be able to do something more in time, but for now that was all she could muster. Then again, it seemed to be working for her so far. Don’ fix what isn’t broken. She would sigh in relief when Sharaku told her that possessing objects wasn’t a talent most Shadows had. That was a very large weight off of her shoulders. At least she could trust wooden spoons again, “Well, I take it that’s not the end of the story. If it was that simple, I don’t think you would have built it up so grandly.” She wasn’t an idiot, even though she often acted like one, “So, you planning to tell me the rest, or is that all I get for the day? Either way, I’m okay. I’m actually kind of happy you told me. I’ve been wondering just what Violet Soul was for a long time. This finally puts my curiosity to rest.” And all this time she had been thinking that it was just your everyday, run-of-the-mill talking weapon that you could buy in a convenience store. As if those actually existed. She just couldn’t think of a better explanation.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 1:28 pm

''In a sense...'' Sharaku wasn't really sure whether it would make life easier or not. Though, for most people it probably would. Either way, fighting was still somewhat better than doing nothing. Even if it was only about rocks as she said. It would be way worse if fighting was not even an option, wouldn't it? Who would want to just die....well, that was rather subjective. Nevermind. Naomi seemed rather relieved that Shadows wouldn't really going around taking control of stuff, which wasn't too surprising. It did make him briefly wonder how would something like that look in reality, but he aborted that idea quickly. In all honesty, in some cases it was better not knowing.

''I suppose it would be stupid of me to start something and then not finish, wouldn't it?'', he would sigh, when Naomi called him out on not telling everything yet. She was rather perceptive. Oh well, it was all the same anyway. ''Now, the more complicated part of this story, or so I would say.'' Well, this was the part he didn't enjoy talking about, but what was he to do? ''Which means, let's go back to humans for a while. After all, at times, they can be worse than the Shadows. Superior intelligence is not always for the best, mainly when it's used in unpleasant ways.'' An indifferent shrug. To be truthful, he never really knew what motivated people to do things like that. He doubted they would be happy if their postitions were reversed. ''Well, anyhow, what do you think about people who conduct experiments?'', he would go back to questioning eventually, with an almost forcedly indifferent tone. He was aware that he might be confusing her with this apparently abrupt change of topics, but there wasn't much of a way to make it connect easily right from the start. Not with his style.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:07 pm

“I wouldn’t call it stupid…” As a member of society who never seemed to finish anything, she should feel insulted. She understood it though. However, she would be taken aback by Sharaku saying that humans could be worse than Shadows. While she agreed that certain people deserved to be put behind bars, humans (for the most part) weren’t bad. She was so tired of the argument that humans were one of the worst things put on Earth, “Listen, before you go on whatever tirade you are about to, you need to know that I don’t think humans are inherently bad. Yeah, they do bad things, but most of them use that superior intelligence, as you put it, to do wonderful things. Even the ones who use it to do awful things can be redeemed. No one in this world is truly that awful that they don’t deserve forgiveness at least once.” There was one other thing that had been bothering her this entire time, “And stop referring to humans as if they were an entirely separate species. You’re human too. Unless you’re a robot like Alphonse. In which case, I take it back.” Now that she had gotten that out of the way, she could continue this conversation, “Now you may continue.” She was a spitfire when the mood struck her. She just refused to let the ‘humans are garbage’ argument pass. She was sick of hearing it.She did a double take at what she had just said. It was actually a real argument. It wasn’t like all her others that came out only half-baked.

She would have to stop and think about that for a moment. It wasn’t like she didn’t conduct her own experiments. Although, hers usually ended up with broken electronics being even more broken. That, or it was added to the pile of junk in her room, “I’m not against them. They can lead to incredible achievements. I mean, if it wasn’t for experiments, we wouldn’t have a lot of modern medicines. As much as I don’t like them, I’m thankful for them.” At the same time, there were plenty of things that went wrong or were inhumane about experiments, “Then again, I sometimes wonder how many creatures get hurt for the sake of finding those cures. You know they had to test it on something to make sure it worked. I feel bad for them, but I’m also grateful in a weird way. Yes, what they went through was probably cruel and they hated every moment of it, but by hurting those animals they save thousands more lives.” On the other hand, there are some experiments that exist simply to mess with people and see how far they can be pushed. Those she found fascinating. She watched them with both glee and horror in an attempt to understand the human mind. She knew how often those went wrong, but by watching how they went wrong she could understand much more than if they went right. It was a sickening thought. One she would never really say out loud to anyone. She did hate to see people get hurt though. It was a major contradiction that her brain couldn’t get over, “Why? Do you conduct secret experiments that I should know about?” If so, she would note to never tell Sharaku where she lived.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 10:58 pm

"Does it really matter how would one call it....?" In all honesty, stupid was the first word that came to mind back then, which is why he had used it. That said, Sharaku couldn't really care less. It was just a matter of speech. Besides, he had been refering to himself, so it wasn't like he had insulted anyone. If that was the case, he wouldn't have. Not like that. He did usually mind his manners when it came to others. Then, Naomi went on a speech, somewhat digging up assumptions from what he said to make an argument. Now that was something he did not need right now, nor want. He hadn't even really meant it the way she seemed to think it as. One thing was for sure, he did not enjoy getting into arguments, and mainly when his mood wasn't at its best. Which, considering the subject they were on, definitely was not. He did not react well when people went ahead to try and prove him wrong. Not in this kind of manner and subsequently situation, taking the current stand in mind.

He would listen to the whole thing, before turning to look at her more directly. And he definitely looked rather displeased, golden eyes narrowed, almost glowering at the younger female. "You needn't worry, I listen well. Though I'm not sure you do. I did not say I am convinced that people are inherently bad. I simply pointed out they have the capability and can be, if they so choose. I just meant that intelligence can be a double edged sword. I won't deny that it can be used for good purposes. I'd rather you don't make it sound as if I do. ", he was somewhat frowning at this point. He was not letting someone roll stuff over him. "Also, the human subject. What am I supposed to use then? Fact is, humans are a species, are they not? Just as a dog is a dog. I don't see where the problem in this is. Speaking of robots, no I am not. Even if it sounds appealing at times. It probably depends on how they are made, but I'd guess a robot wouldn't have to feel pain and all that. That would be really useful at times. But, on the subject of being something, I suppose I am human, if we keep speaking on these terms, but not really normal, per se. I am not really like you, if such an answer would satisfy you." He was starting to loose his patience here. Sure, Hyde had been off topic a lot back then, but at least when he said something, it was generally funny. It could at least amuse him. But Naomi was currently only managing to stir him up, and not entirely in a good way. Push and pull was something he was capable of taking to the extreme, and it was not pretty when it actually got to that point. All in all, it probably showed that he was being unneccessarilly frustrated right now.

Now, back to those experiments. Naomi did have a point there, that he couldn't deny. That, however was when talking about experiments that had more benefit than not. It was true that sometimes by testing on a few animals, a much larger amount of people could be saved. That was one way of looking at this subject. "Fair point. Experiments can be fairly helpful at times, even at such cost.", he would shrug indifferently. He had nothing against that kind of opinion. When she questioned whether he did any such things, Sharaku would promptly give her a 'You think so?' look. Surprisingly enough, Hyde had originally assumed something along those lines too. Guess people think alike. He would offer her a sigh afterwards. "The answer's no. I definitely would not." He had a general distaste for this kind of stuff by now. While he could accept it being done for useful reasons, he wouldn't think twice if he had been offered to work on something like that. Simply no. That was something out of his league. He wouldn't be able to really do it, if it involved anything living. And even talking about inanimate subjects...it would be a no, simply out of principle. "Back on what you said though. It might be acceptable if the positives outweight the negatives. But what if they would not? What then? Also, let's put it more straight I suppose. Animals are one thing, yes, and as such using them is rather widespread. However, how about using other people for experiments? Is that justified? While not even being done to help anything significant?", he was starting to get tired of walking in circles. It had been moreso fun with Hyde, but Naomi was too different on this matter. Which is why he was done being vague for now. He was severely out of the mood for that now, even if he was still curious as to what she thought. Fun discussion was over though. She was not really giving him an opportunity to be lighthearted about it, so he wouldn't. In the end, it was her choice, whether she meant it or not
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 11:47 pm

Naomi would sigh at her more than insensitive comments, realizing she was jumping the gun, again. She really needed to stop doing that, “Sorry. I think I’ve spent too much time on the computer lately. Illiterate, twelve year old trolls are staring to mess with my brain. Hang out with them enough, and arguments just start flowing out of your mouth before you even know what you’re saying.” She’d roll her eyes at the number of times she’d have to stand up and be the one to defend common sense. If only because she felt guilty because she used to be one of those jerks. If only she could snap out of it long enough to hold a normal conversation. She made an even larger mental note to stay away from her computer for a few days unless it was to work. Then she underlined it four times and added exclamation points, “But I won’t give on the human thing. Even if you claim you aren’t that same as me, you are human” Humans came in many shapes and sizes and all had different temperaments. There was nothing he could say or do that would change the fact that at the very make-up of his genetic structure, it read ‘human’. Besides, what was normal anyway? Goodness knows it wasn’t her.

She gave him a confused look, “I don’t understand the point of running an experiment where you think the bad would outweigh the good. There’d be no point, and it would never be approved.” She knew that most experiments had to go through a long period to make sure they were safe before they were put into motion. All risks had to be accounted for, and a board had to say ‘go ahead’. They would never allow something that seemed that blatantly flippant of safety. Even animals got a measure of decency before they were experimented on, “We test on people all the time, but usually not until later. By that point, the thing being tested shows results. If there is nothing significant to be gained, why even bother?” The thought of doing something like that made her stomach lurch forward. There should always be a gain to experimenting, “Can we stop speaking in riddles? I’m the kind of person who reads a book and yells at it for taking a page to describe someone’s clothing. I like knowing what’s happening.” In other words: get to the point. The riddles were starting to annoy her.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 6:53 am

....Seriously? Well, neat. Though he was kind of missing the point. Why did she even hang out with people like that when it had no good effect on her? Wouldn't it be better to just....not? It isn't like you couldn't do that, if it was the internet. He could see problems in real life, as some people simply refuse to stop pestering you, and...you can't just make them vanish. On a computer however, you aren't obligated to talk to anyone if you don't like their ways. This was getting ridiculous. And he felt like just splitting himself in half, because he was hardly getting anything by this point. Though, at least he could somewhat sympathize at the prospect of saying something before you realize it. Just not in an entirely same way. Still, he knew how that could mess stuff up, even from first hand experience. He would be giving her a bit of a preplexed stare as she said that. ''And you keep hanging out with this kind of people because....?'' Because...to him it made no logical sense. End of story. ''Anyway, just forget it...'', he would shake his head briefly soon afterwards. Expending his energy on a pointless argument, and its after effects was not what he wanted to end up doing. He felt pushy enough already. No need for more. When Naomi came back to the whole human thing, Sharaku would just shrug simply. Let her think what she will. He didn't feel like explaining any more right now. She would get what he meant later. As well as...the fact that he couldn't explicitly state he was not human, so a direct argument would be hard to find. Let's...just leave it as it is for now.

''To be honest, I don't really understand the idea behind it either. I would say it's just because someone wants something, and that's it. When you have the power, you don't need approval...at least that's what I would guess. Can't say I know why such things are truly being done.'' Well, as long as it's not you, why care? He could see some people thinking that way. Not everyone was a sweetie. It was a difficult concept to grasp, and he was moreso none the wiser about it himself. He couldn't read minds to understand how some people thought, and why they did what they did. Simple as that. Hm, she had a point. There were a few thing they sometimes used on people. But as she said, with precautions done beforehand. That was still quite a bit different. ''Yes, well, at times. I was, speaking more so on using people from the start. Nothing else to test on beforehand. Also, why bother? Wish I knew. To try, maybe? Curiosity is a powerful thing, I believe. And it killed the cat, not a person.'' ...Was he actually attempting to joke here? Tsk, either way, it made no difference. Some people probably found it fun. What was he to know?

When she asked him to stop throwing riddles around, he would almost give her a sneer. How dissapointing. He liked playing around. It was easier than just rattling off a story. Apparently she didn't like to play 'guess'. Funnily enough, he had been more direct than before last time. So, not enough yet. Fine. He would have to accommodate for now. No use beating around the bush if she just kept trying to call him out on that. It was something he didn't want to risk facing. ''Your call. Too bad though. I was actually somewhat enjoying myself. Well, time to do it in a more dry way.'', he would sigh, a bit irritably, as he ran a hand through his hair. Now, where to start with this...? Well, maybe he should just connect the dots for now. ''Let's try it like this then. Fact is, you can't stop some things from happening, even if they aren't really right. And things like not very safe experiments simply happen, given approval or not. Now, if you remember, we had been talking about Shadows before as well, yes? Even if we have moved on already, it still leads back to this. What I'm really talking about here is...There are people that attempt things, that would probably just better be left unsaid. I said a while ago, that we and Shadows are not the type of beings that get along. Yet, someone out there apparently thinks it's fun to go and try to...Hm, how to put it. Fuse them together? Of course, with no sureway of doing it. Which is why it involves rather 'unpleasant' experimenting. Are you following me...?'', he would keep a rather passive face as he spoke. Hopefully, she would find this good enough. He was being on point now, was he not? He would trail off for now, letting her proccess it, as well as ask something if she wanted to. That is, if he could answer her. Let's see how happy she was with no more riddles...
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:15 pm

She really wouldn’t have minded explaining, but he told her to forget it. She just hung out with them because, up until recently, they were the closest things she had to a friend. Not that she didn’t have actual friends, but she didn’t leave her house much, so all of them were online. Well, maybe one or two of them weren’t, but they were both adults, so she didn’t know if it counted. Then again, she was nearly an adult, so maybe it did. Point was, you made friends with the people you most often saw. Plus, one of those trolls was a friend of hers from when they were little. It just happened that they were just now hitting the ‘everything in the universe sucks’ phase of their life. She could tolerate it though. She just had to remind them that they were a complete idiot most days. By this point, the argument just rolled off her tongue without her even knowing what she was saying.

She would look a little to the side as she realized speaking in riddles was probably fun for him. She hated being curt, but the feeling in her gut had been worrying about what this was all leading up to. She had been connecting the dots this entire conversation and she had reached one conclusion. And that’s where it all came back to. People being dicks and deciding that they wanted to run experiments on others. Based on everything Sharaku had been saying up until now, she could guess where it was all leading up to. She just hoped she was wrong. It seems she wasn’t, “So… They experimented and you and Violet Soul became partners?” She honestly didn’t know just what to say to that. She could apologize, but that wouldn’t do anything. From the sound of it, he went through hell and it let him attached to a Shadow sleeping inside of a weapon. Less like the Shadow was inside of it and more like together they were the weapon. This was like something out of a bad comic book.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:16 pm

He honestly expected Naomi to say more than she did after what he had told her. Surprisingly enough, she had reacted in a rather simple way, considering the situation at hand. Hm, at least she didn't act up. That was in some way a plus. Unlike Hyde, who immediately gave an oh my god speech when it finally hit him. It was a little refreshing to not get an overrated response, though, now that he looked back at it, he could have expected it more than he had. Naomi seemed much more calmer, even if she still acted childlike at times. Outbursts didn't seem like a common thing for her. Sharaku would give her a thin smile. ''It could be put that way. Even though partners might not be the right words. Honestly, I don't even know what this really is, and how it happened. Never truly looked into it. I suppose I just had enough of the 'stuff' after putting up with it for five years.'', he would almost roll his eyes. Putting up wasn't the right word either. It wasn't like he had been doing it out of his own volition. ''Speaking of such...I suppose this also answers your irritation with the 'human' subject. I do not neccessarily mean I am not human, but who knows really? I even look different than I did before. My skin and eye color is not exactly normal, after all.'' Though, he didn't think he truly cared anymore. What was the point? Normal people did not know anyway, and he could pretty much deal with this himself. Whatever the real answer really was.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 3:23 pm

She wondered if she should have given some sort of indicator as to what she was thinking. She had been much too quiet up until this point. She didn’t know if she would call them partners either. Maybe cellmates was a better word, “So, you two have been together for five years?” That was a long time to be chained to someone against your will. She couldn’t imagine that it was all bad though. There had to be at least one moment that they at least didn’t mind being together. Then again, it was just as likely that they only had bad memories from being together so long. She would shrug though, “I don’t know. You seem normal enough to me. Then again, I’ve gotten a new definition of normal over the past few weeks.” Despite the fact that he was now sharing this story- his brutal past- with her, it didn’t change anything. He was still the same Sharaku she had met in the museum and had fought beside her with the Shadows. As if having a back-story would change that. If he hadn’t learned by now, she took everything in stride, “I know it may not be what you want to hear, given what you just told me, but you two do make a great team.” She didn’t know how he’d take that, but she would soon find out.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:50 pm

That's not exactly what he had meant by five years. Though, the correct number to what Naomi was assuming wasn't far either. ''No, for that, it would be four. I had meant the five in a different manner. Though, I could as well say nine, if we take it from scratch. But, four as in, being the way I am at the moment.'' Or something like that. Sharaku was starting to get confused with his own numbers already. But, he was pretty sure he was remembering right. Things like that were not easy to forget, even if he was not a fan of math. Not that it involved counting in the first place. And four plus five didn't really make it into the equation. ''Indeed, what is actually normal in a situation like this?'', he would throw back in a fairly amused tone. Naomi was sort of right. At the moment, the perception of normal was...rather off in general. Either way, it was true he could look even worse than that, so normal enough was justified in his case. When she tried a compliment, despite all that, he would give her a contemplative stare. ''Yes, well...That may be the one thing that is good about it all. Besides, I'll take anything. At least you aren't being all emotional like Hyde.'' He would smile lightly afterwards. ''Don't jinx it though, okay? There's enough hell already. What in the world would I do if we couldn't work together?'', he would poke at her, in an obviously joking tone. He didn't think that would actually happen. It would be a nightmare, yes, but if it had to, it would already have much sooner.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 5:46 pm

That was still a long time to be stuck with someone you didn’t pick. She could only imagine it. Actually, she really couldn’t. She would probably strangle the person before the year’s end, “I don’t know what normal would be, but normal is overrated anyway. Join the weird side and live it up, rather than walk in straight lines.” If that made sense to anyone, she would be amazed. She was just a walking ball of unexplainable. She would shake her head at the mere idea, “Sorry. Not the overly emotional type. Mama didn’t raise no crybaby.” The words would leave her mouth, almost filled with pride at that fact. She did have her outbursts of anger, but that had happiness where usually the only emotions that made it to the surface on a regular basis. She had to laugh at the thought of that, “I imagine that you would throw Violet Soul against a wall and injure more than just his pride. On second thought, that seems more like something I would do. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you get that violent. You’d be more likely to give him the stink eye until he caved.” She didn’t know if that counted though. Sharaku had fought Shadows before, and Violet was technically one of them so it could happen, “But I’ll keep my mouth shut. Don’t want anything to happen to you two.” Parish the thought.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:13 pm

''So, squiggly lines then?'' Sharaku was not sure what exactly she had meant by that. Or, moreso what was it supposed to be. Do things the way you want, even if it doesn't fit the norms? Maybe? Either way, he could at least try to joke on that. Straight lines were boring anyway. ''Good to know. Whining doesn't help after all. And no one likes crybabies in the first place.'', he would almost smirk a bit, when Naomi said she hadn't been raised to be a crybaby. This was surprisingly rather entertaining. Hyde was funny too, but in the redhead's case it was more the 'Look I'm being lame' kind of funny. It made him want to laugh more than joke around. Naomi made more aesthetical sense when she actually said something, which was a rather nice change of pace. He had really been spending too much of his time around Hyde lately.

When Naomi spoke about 'punishing' the Shadow, he would laugh. ''Actually, I can see both happening. I won't deny that I can be violent as well. It's....just not something I usually do, nor something one would want to have first hand experience with. Trust me on that.'' Indeed, violence was something he generally liked to stray from, but there were cases when even he acted out. And it was not pretty. Thankfully, it was mostly scarce. Not everyone knew how to push him over the edge. ''Ah, I don't truly mind that much. Speak however much you want, just not around someone who doesn't know about it yet. I don't want trouble unless I decide to cause it myself.'' Besides, he had been joking about the jinx. It was severely unlikely. And honestly, he was starting to care less about this whole thing. Naomi was already the second to know about this, and as he saw it, he might just have to explain it a few more times in the future. Maybe he should just start making fun of himself....
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:39 pm

“Personally, I prefer tetrahedrons crossed with a sphere and a dash of zigzag. That is a shape to make people question your sanity.” And in the end, wasn’t that the point of life. Always leave people questioning just what was going on in your head. She swore that it was her life’s goal to confuse everyone around her. Or, it would have been if that didn’t sound like a pain in the butt. For now, she could stick to figuring out just what she wanted to do with her life, “I only like them when they are small, adorable, and less than a year old. Even then, only when they don’t need a diaper change or are puking all over me.” She shuttered at the thought of taking care of a baby, “Okay. Backing away from that nightmare fuel before I start a fire and have to cut off the supply of oxygen to my brain to put it out.”

An impressed whistle would pass out of her lips, “I never knew you had it in you. I can understand your opinion though. Being the one taking a beating can really suck.” She had felt what that was like in a few of those fights with the Shadows. She could only imagine how much worse it would be if she didn’t have Intertwined there to patch her up all the time, “But your secret is safe with me. I would never tell anyone something that wasn’t mine to tell. I promise.” She would stand up and stretch her legs, “Thanks, Sharaku. You know, I came here to find an answer for something. Strangely, I think you helped.” She would laugh at the statement. Not an insulting laugh, but an innocent one, like a child who just found a seashell on the beach, “I may just owe you for that. If you need me to return the favor, just call me. You have my number, after all.” She would sling her purse over her shoulder, “I’ll see you around.” She would make her way back toward the entrance, only stopping to look back at the front of the cathedral. Heck, maybe the Christian god was real. Wasn’t that a thought.

{EXIT}
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:53 am

....What? Now this was a kind of extreme. ''I don't think I should be questioning other people's sanity in the first place.'', he would laugh shortly. 'Maybe after I finish doing so with my own...' On the other hand, insane was sometimes better than sane. Because, why not? Then again, sanity was a touchy subject for many people. As much as he barely bothered to question it as time went. When Naomi brought up the subject of little children, almost immediately damning herself for thinking that way, he would actually snort in response. That was....Pff, just nevermind. It was better for him not to comment on this one. That was something better to be left alone.

''Sometimes, it's better not to know...''
, he would say simply, when she appeared impressed at him being possibly violent. In his case, it was rarely funny, and she'd better hope not to see it happen. She might just end up regretting it, if so. ''Sure, see you.'' That was the only thing he could think of answering to her last few sentences. She was indeed confusing at certain times. How had he helped her with this? Ugh, was there really no logic floating around anymore? And if there was, he wasn't getting the gist of this anyway. Or maybe he was just simply hopeless. Either way, he was none the wiser, and pondering over it only made his head spin around more. Which meant it was probably better to just go elsewhere himself. Ow, he felt like a piece of stone by now. Maybe he should have taken her advice to sit back then. How ironic. Well, at least he hadn't rooted himself to the floor yet.....

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

That's what a church is for (OPEN)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next