Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) Empty
PostSubject: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:21 am

Hachiro stood behind the bar cleaning some of the glasses, which he had already cleaned once already. It was a rather slow night at Moriarty's Bar, the owner even made a comment that molasses would be more entertaining, before he left for the night. He told Hachiro to keep the bar open till 3 A.M. then he could close it, because if no one came during the peak hour...chances are no one would come later. Granted, Hachiro was long past the peak hour, it was 2:30 A.M. right now, and not a soul had come in the bar. Normally, this place was full of people drinking, making jokes, tears, and laughter. It was one of the more popular bars, and the owner made it happen by trying his hand at various stand up comedy routines....Moriarty wasn't a stand up comedian for sure, but the patrons were often too drunk to care.

The older man set the glass he was cleaning down at the bar and looked around the empty room. It was so eerily creepy to be here alone, without life or thought or laughter. It was amazing of how lonely a place can be when everything is gone. Granted, being alone didn't bother Hachiro any, he wandered countries alone without anyone watching his back, and he made it through just fine. He considered getting a drink for himself, it had been a long time since he had one. Great....was this going to turn into his urge to have a smoke too? The vices of life were such a damn nuisance, getting addicted was a hardship he would rather not face again. He overcame it, but sometime those urges surge forward as another hardship. He just had to keep reminding himself that not falling for such hardships would make him a better person. He picked up the glass and began to clean it with a rag once more, waiting for someone to come in.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:51 am

It was a quiet night indeed. Especially for one lone man who would walk into a bar. He was a rugged older man, most likely in his mid-thirties in age. He was six foot four, white-skinned, had brown hair cut to the point where he was practically bald, and wore a camouflage uniform with a purple medal hanging on his chest. He looked like he just came home from the military actually. He had an obviously miserable look on his face, like he seriously needed a drink. Apparently that was exactly his plan as he walked over to the front bar and took a seat. “What is the hardest stuff you have? And mix it with the second hardest stuff you have,” he said, his eyes pure crimson as he looked into Hachiro’s as he made his request. He didn’t even seem to care how he worded it. “God, I fucking wish sometimes people didn’t bug me. You don’t know how much earlier I’d be here if I didn’t have so much shit to deal with,” the man ranted.
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 2:48 am

Hachiro placed the glass he was cleaning on the bar in front of him as a military man entered the bar, the man was six foot four in a camouflaged uniform with a bald look about him, and a purple heart pinned to his chest. He wasn't an officer, that much was evident. In fact, the man looked like he just came back from military, but instead of joy on his face...he saw an absolutely miserable look on his face. He had never seen such a sad face on a returning man's face. The solider asked what the hardest stuff he had was, and to mix it with the second hardest stuff he had. "I'll mix J & B with some Brandy, its the hardest mix I can make. Not many men can withstand it." The wanderer would say as he grabbed the drinks, while the man ranted a bit. When he had them gathered, he poured them into his mixer and began to shake them up for a few minutes. He didn't do anything fancy, he knew the man wanted the drink as soon as possible, he saw it in the man's crimson eyes.

"What kind of shit are you talking about? Looks like you just got back from the military, you should be out celebrating shouldn't you?" Evidently there was something wrong, Hachiro could only imagine what it was, he had no idea what it truly was. If it was something minor like paperwork, then the bartender would be upset. Though pissing off a military man would not be wise, at all. Eventually, he was done mixing the drink and poured it into a mug, the man would no doubt need it. He set the mug down before the man, it was a little frothy, but Hachiro always thought that is when you know a drink was at its finest. When it was at his perfect form, granted Hachiro was no professional or fancy bartender. However, the usually apathetic man thought he knew how to mix a mean drink or two. He set the kept the drink mixer close by in case the man needed another drink, which by the looks of it....he would.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:31 am

The man almost looked happy when he saw the mug come down to his reach, and took it rather quickly, taking a big sip from the drink, and sighing of refreshed relief. “Smooth. But these dumb kids. All I hear about ‘em these days is about how they rise to the top. These ”prodigies” you know? Ran across a kid one day when I returned, and he was on about how he intended to make change to this place without a single place to start. He even threatened me the day I came home. This kid is so confident too, like he seriously thinks he can do what he wants to do. Makes me sick after what I had to go through in life. People need to understand that life is not going to be simply handed to you, right?” he said, holding his hands out practically begging to be agreed with. He would grab the mug and take another sip, some of it dripping down his mouth. He must’ve been thirsty. “It’s so stupid. I come back, and this world that I left has grown so soft. It needs a damn good kicking in the ass if it wants a more grateful outlook on life.”
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 11:59 pm

Hachiro stood and listened to the man, who was obviously proud of the drink he had, and how he spoke of the prodigies and how they intend to make a change. The marine even made the mention of how a kid threatened him when he came home, that was rather surprising to see a kid mouthing off to a military man. The kid was either dumb or incredibly brave, Hachiro was betting on the former. The man was evidently tired and sick, and like the bartender had been through quite a bit. He watched the man hold his hands out begging to be agreed with. "The kid sounds incredibly foolish for threatening you a military man, in my own opinion, but you do have a point. These "prodigies" you speak of they have yet to encounter a hardship that will define who they become. They will either overcome it, and become good people who understand the importance of these hardships. Or...or they fail and then their hearts turn to evil. That's how I see it."

Afterwords, the man would say that those around here needed a good kicking if they wanted a more grateful outlook of life. Hachiro would nod, "They haven't seen what we've seen. They have not seen friends killed by horrible people, they haven't seen acquaintances shot for asking water or dropping a pan meant to sift through sand to find diamonds. They haven't seen innocents killed in the line of fire, or refugees struggling to survive. What they need is to face hardships so they can understand these problems, and then they will learn to not to complain about not getting a shiny T.V. or toy."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 12:17 am

The military man’s head was lowered at this point, though when he mentioned the need to face these people with hardships, his head perked and lifted to Hachiro, facing his eyes with his own red eyes. “So you agree that people like that need to be taught a lesson? That’s good. You are a smart human compared to everyone else. You all seem to advance best through discord, yet you relish when it is all handed to you on a silver platter. Humans are so contradictive.” The military men set his mug down and leaned forward on the bar. “It’s as though you all deny your true nature. Why do you think that is my friend?” he would ask, his blood red eyes looking so deep you’d think he was staring into the soul of someone else. This man could very well be a spice to the situation that was slowly developing in the region of Azores.
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 12:42 am

Hachiro watched the man's head rise the moment he began to speak of people facing their hardships. The man's crimson eyes met the bartender's there was something different about this man's stare. A sort of power that slightly unnerved the calm bartender. It was like the man before him could see his very soul, this trait said a lot about the man before him. Not even when he had a gun to his head, did he have this kind of feeling. The man before him would speak about how Hachiro was a smart human compared to everyone else, and how humanity grew stronger through discord but would prefer it on a silver platter. He watched the mug get set down as he leaned forward, he then said humanity was denying their true nature, and asked what he thought about that.

"Now I don't know about being smarter than others, but I just see things differently than most people. I guess you could say I've learned through observation. Though why do we relish things handed to us on a silver platter? Because we don't want to face the hardships head on because we can't overcome them. However, people need to understand that these hardships don't go away. It's like I tell people who come in and drink and then say they're trying to stop. 'You gotta kick the drink, the alcohol industry isn't going to roll over for you'. By advancing through the discourse or hardships we come out better in the end. People can't push those challenges away, and I'd be more than happy to teach them that. Heck, I already try to." The bartender would offer back as his stance on why humanity denies its nature.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:03 am

The red-eyed soldier gave a loud laugh at the man’s response. So the man needed his moment. “You impress me so. And here I thought you didn’t have a purpose being in this rustic place. But here you are, trying to make this reality yours. It must be hell to not be able to fix all of it with what little resources you have. I wonder….how far would you be willing to go to achieve this goal, Hachiro Mochizuki?” As the soldier spoke, Hachiro’s head would begin to lose all sense of feeling, and then turn to a sharp pain in his head. His vision would blur, and for a brief moment he would lose all sense of sight. When he regained his composure, he would be able to notice the time on a clock read 3:34 A.M., even deeper into the night. What he would not be able to notice is that the soldier was not there, and instead out near one of the tables in the middle of the bar, an oval-like opening that showed images of a rainy city took space, glowing pink and floating. Near the bar itself on the floor, there would be a black spot, like oil had just been spilled from machinery and left by itself. The oil was making bubbling noises, and seemed to be emanating weird noises that would sound in Hachiro’s head, beckoning his presence near it.
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 am

The bartender watched the solider laugh, had he said something funny. Then the solider began to say that he was impressed by Hachiro, and his journey to make the reality his. Then he began to speak of how the journey must be hell due to his lack of resources. The man then asked how far he would be willing to go to achieve his goal, and then the man said his full name. The bartender would be shocked at how this man knew his name, but as the man was speaking his senses were getting cloudy and going dull. "How do...you know...what the hell is wrong with me?" He would stammer out as the pain in his head grew very sharp, and his vision blurred before everything went black. After a few moments he would regain his senses and composure, but it was evident that it was later in the night. The clock was 3:34 A.M. and a few things had changed, but that time couldn't be right...he wasn't senseless for that long was he?

After a few steps he managed to steady himself, and he noticed two things. In the middle of the bar there was a pink oval opening that showed images of a rainy city, that most certainly wasn't there before. What on earth was that? Some other city, how odd, but Hachiro's attention was soon drawn to a black spot of what looked to be bubbling oil that made noise. Wait....oil didn't make noise, and he nor the solider had spilled anything. That left only one question.

What the hell was it?

The older man felt as though it was beckoning him closer, and while it might of been against his better judgement to get closer, he did. He got out from behind the bar and approached the black liquid on the floor. He eyed it suspiciously, he was remaining calm so he could think clearly, but he could not help but take one step then another closer to it. Wondering what it would do, or more what it was. There was only one way he would find out, and it wasn't like he could do anything but get closer to it.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:39 am

As Hachiro approached the pool of black liquid, a hand reached from it to grab onto the ground untainted by the black sludge. The black liquid seemed to move as a shape pulled itself out and reached to a height somewhat taller than Hachiro, with the appearance of a feral beast clad in armor, wielding a sword in his right hand and claws attached to his left. The beast looked at Hachiro with peculiar interest. “I have been called to meet you, old one,” the beast spoke most oddly. A voice would sound out from the corner of Hachiro’s eye and coming from the entrance to the bar would be the soldier from before, now with an interested grin. “Do you see what lies before you? This is something that can help you achieve your goals, and change this repulsive world. I can offer you this tool. I can offer you true power. I only require one thing in return from you. I want you to find your purpose, and claim it. Do not let the pitiful state of man steer you from your goals, as they would only lead to your certain demise. Give the foolish what they deserve,” he said, with a thin smile on his face. The beastly figure knelt down and awaited orders from its master. It was apparently a subordinate of this figure.
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:59 am

Hachiro watched a hand burst from the black sludge, and he instinctively took a step back unsure of what was going to come out of that sludge. Eventually a shape taller than him, which was impressive, clawed its way out. The shape became a feral beast clad in armor with an eye-patch, wielding a sword in his right hand, and claws attached to his left. This being was bred for combat or hunting, and it eyed him with interest. The creature said it was called to meet him? By who? He didn't even know where to start to call such a being, but then a voice spoke from the entrance of the bar. The wanderer would see the solider at the entrance, when did he get over there?

The solider asked if he saw what lied before him, the answer was obviously yes a very large feral beast armed to the teeth with weapons. However, the solider said it was something that could help achieve his goals, and that the returning solider could offer him this tool or true power. However, there was one condition, which didn't really surprise Hachiro there was always a catch. He was to find his purpose and claim, and not let the state of man steer him from claiming his goals, as that state would lead to his demise. He was to give the foolish what they deserved. He watched the creature kneel before the solider, indicating a hierarchy, and even then the beast was half his height. This creature was something that could be used to accomplish his goal of teaching those who wanted life to be handed to them on a silver platter a lesson. A way to make people better by forcing them to overcome him with this power, or at least making them realize their problems were a source of strength to draw from. Well....wasn't that what he wanted? For others to realize they should be grateful and accept the challenges they were faced with.

"I don't know who you are, but you have offered me one hell of a deal. A deal that I accept, you're giving me the chance to really open up the people's eyes to how grateful they should be, and how they should accept the discourse in their life and seek to overcome it. If the only thing I have to do is pursue this goal with the help of this power, then I'll do it. After all the world would be a better place, wouldn't it?" That wasn't exactly a question, but for once Hachiro cracked a knowing smile at the solider by the entrance. He may not know who this man was, but this was too good to pass up.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 2:16 am

The soldier smirked. “Let us see if you can accomplish your goals. It also seems something is happening in your home as well. I wonder how you will deal with that as well? Show me what you can do.” With those final words, he would turn to walk away to the door, and open it and leave. It seemed almost intuition to Hachiro that the soldier was probably not going to be on the other side even if he ran to the door and opened it. The feral beast nodded to Hachiro. “I am Bellerophon, slayer of the Chimera, and your warrior and servant. Together, we shall assume the roles we so rightfully deserve,” his Persona had said before black mist seeped from its body. It would lose its shape and fly to Hachiro, covering his body as the mist invaded every orifice he had, from his mouth, his ears, in the spaces between his eyes, even each individual pore on his skin; a process which was quite painful. When it was finished, Hachiro could instantly feel the other mind of Bellerophon within his subconscious. He could also see oval opening still remaining in the bar. The time was now 3:41 A.M, and the night was still. But it just went to show that the rumor about bars had some truth to it: You always meet some of the most interesting people there.
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 2:39 am

The solider seemed pleased with his answer, but also mentioned that something was going in his home. Well there was that criminal, and it wouldn't take a much bigger hint than that. Evidently, the criminal and the disappearances were not simply coincidences. Good to know, perhaps he would look into that, after all he would hate if this criminal was seeking the silver platter in life. He watched the man leave, and then saw the feral beast turn to him. It introduced itself as Bellerophon the slayer of the Chimera and his warrior and servant. The creature would lose shape and fly onto Hachiro covering and invading every orifice he had. It hurt like hell and the bartender grunted multiple times through the process, and it forced him to his knees. However, when it was finished he could feel the beast in his mind.

"Well Bellerophon, we're gonna be very busy. We've got a lot of work ahead of us, but if you slayed the Chimera then we should be just fine." He would say, before glancing at the time he still had 19 minutes till his shift was over. He went back behind the bar and poured himself a small glass of whiskey, and looked at the portal. "I think I know just where to start too."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)   An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening) Empty

Back to top Go down

An Awful Quite Night (Hachiro's Awakening)
Page 1 of 1