Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paige

Paige

Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] Empty
PostSubject: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:35 pm

The weekend had been seriously screwy. He'd been kidnapped by someone in an alternate reality, been given a power that he had some idea of how to use, been allowed to return home by said kidnapper (who actually wasn't quite as bad as he thought), and then practically slept all day Saturday and Sunday. He'd almost thought that everything except the very last bit was just a really bad dream, but the bread from Emilline (his benevolent captor) he found in his pocket Saturday morning was enough to convince him it all had actually happened.

Now here he was, back at school again, trying to focus on what the teacher was saying about the essentials of sewing. She'd given the class some fabric to try stitches on, and right now she was drilling them on how to execute the stitch, how to make sure it looks nice, what kind of clothes it's used for, and so on and so forth. Julian couldn't deny sewing was a decent skill to have, but it wasn't really something he was interested in. Knowing how to mend shirts and seams and other stuff was enough for him. Still, so the teacher wouldn't get on his case, he tried copying her example, paying close attention to the diagram on the board.

Finally he'd finished a row of those tent-stitches, and held his work up to the board so he could compare them. ...Close, but not quite right. With a sigh the teen started re-threading the needle, intent on trying one more time. There was still lots of time before class let out. He should at least try to get as good as possible. It was tedious work, but maybe it would pay off. Weirder skills had come in handy before, so why shouldn't this one?
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:36 pm

If there was some school subject Shunnosuke was really, really interested in — apart from the "normal" grade subjects, such as math and chemistry —, it is home economics. He wasn't really a domestic person — and by domestic, I mean "a person dedicated to do typical home tasks — but home management is just his thing. As heir of his family's patrimony, it's to be expected after all and as a self-proclaimed fashionista, his interest in sewing and textiles is obvious and surpasses the basic knowledge of how to mend your own clothes. Thus, Shun was already used to study the theory by himself at home, but the practice was something else. Well, he never had to sew his own clothes — who would, when you have money to buy newer ones or to pay for a seamstress do the job? — and therefore he didn't have too much practice in the task. It didn't stop him, though; it's a challenge for him and Shun loves challenges. Specially winning at them, which was not the case at the moment. Old saying states that once you leave the idea field and put it into action, you discover the theory is way simpler than practice, and the final results of his effort proves that. At least his work wasn't as bad as the guy's next chair (or so he thinks). Shun wouldn't bother to stare at his work and compare it to his.

...I might as well just drop it. — He sighed, disappointed. Who's he trying to fool? The other guy is way better at it than himself. Bet he doesn't even like fashion as he does, and yet he managed to achieve better results. Defeated by another guy. As sexist as it sounds, if he were a woman, Shun wouldn't be too bothered...

( OoC note: I'm sorry for taking so long to answer. I was a bit busy and had a few problems these days, but I'll try to be quicker next time. ^w^ )
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Just as Julian finished threading his needle and tying a knot to keep the thread in place, the student next to him let out a long, depressing sigh. His silver eyes glanced their direction long enough to take in their sullen expression before he turned and focused back on the needle, trying to make sure he didn't drop it or poke himself with it. What was that guy so upset about? The way the project was going? It wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but this was mostly an effort based assignment. So his grade shouldn't be the thing making him look like that.

The dark-haired teen spared another glance, this time at the fabric in the other student's hands. Whoa...the stitches were kinda everywhere. They were supposed to be in a straight line and all symmetrical. This guy's...well, weren't. Not that Julian's first attempt was 100% perfect, but it was passable, at least. Was he depressed over not getting it right the first time or something? Sticking the needle into a pincushion and setting the fabric on his lap, the teen turned his head to look at the other student fully. "If you keep frowning like that you'll get wrinkles." A gentle smile curved Julian's mouth upwards as he lightly tapped his index finger on the space between his eyebrows. If anything, Julian was just hoping to get a smile or some other positive reply. Seeing such a face for much longer would just be too depressing.

Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:55 pm

After some time starring at his work, he lifted his glare to the other boy's face. So apparently he noticed his lack of dexterity and its tangible results. Shame. Well, no wonder he was so gleeful about his own work, it's way superior than his.

Everyone'll get it eventually, if they don't die in the middle of the way. — "Including you", he would add, but for good he left that part out for the sake of politeness. His answer didn't came in a severe tone as it may seem, but as if it was an obvious (and dramatic) statement instead. As Shunnosuke tried once more to re-thread the needle and finish a couple of knots, after the second result still didn't come out as expected, he put his fabric piece on the table in another sudden quitter expression of his inability. Even single knots weren't any easier for him to do and Shunnosuke definitely didn't know how to deal with a failure, mainly one in his own area of knowledge. — ...I hope my face isn't as bad as...that. — He then looked at his classmate, smiling a bit sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:57 pm

"Yeah, that might make doing much of anything pretty hard." he chuckled lightly, resting an elbow on the table and propping his chin on his hand. Not quite what he expected this guy to say, but at least the student didn't seem angry or quite as defeated; he was even trying his hand at it again. Julian studied the way the teen moved the needle in and out of the fabric. It was funny; he looked like he knew what he was doing, but it just didn't turn out quite right.

The dark-haired teen turned his gaze to the boy's face as he started talking. A soft smile spread across his lips as he laughed under his breath and shook his head. "Nah, don't worry. Your face looks fine." After a moment's pause to study the other boy's work, he added, "Do you want a little help?" Yeah, his stuff wasn't perfect, but he seemed to have a mildly better grasp of how to make these stitches than this guy. Besides, supposedly if you could teach others, you had learned the concept well. Wouldn't hurt to try and test that theory.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Though I'd appreciate it and it's very nice of you to offer, I don't believe it's something you can help me with... — He starred deeply to the fabric he received, trying to concentrate and restart his task, not he's stubborn or underestimates the other one's capacity, but because he really believes the other guy wouldn't be able to help him at all since it's one of those things you can only learn by practice. Needless to say, it didn't work so well and, to top it off, he pricked his finger with the needle, letting slip a single pout out of the pain. At least his finger wasn't bleeding. — I wonder what RuPaul would do in a situation like this... Okay, I might accept your offer of assistance now. Otherwise, I'd become so depressed if I don't make it that I'd probably wear the same clothes twice this week. — The youngster shruged, in an affected manner. Since he had no other choice, what bad could happen if he enjoys a little help, right?
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:17 am

Julian shrugged good-naturedly and returned to his own work. "Alright. Just let me know if you change your mind." The teen tied a knot at the end of his thread and began working again. The next minute or so passed in silence as he concentrated on making each stitch straight and as symmetrical as possible. Huh. Now that he'd seen where he'd messed up the first time, he had a good idea of what worked and what didn't, which made this project about five times easier. Funny how a little practice makes a big difference.

"Hm?" ...Wasn't that a little dramatic? He'd never seen a guy get so dejected at the thought of wearing the same outfit in a week. Well, to each their own. Julian wouldn't say anything on the matter, just smile and nod. "Sure thing. Give me just a sec..." Turning and reaching a hand into the backpack at his side, he rummaged around for a moment before sitting straight, holding a pen in his hand. Taking his own fabric, Julian made two lines of dots, careful to keep them off-center from one another. It almost looked like a zig-zag pattern minus the connecting lines. The teen capped the pen and pointed to the funny little diagram he made. "This might help a little. Instead of having to focus on keeping everything even, try and sew along the dots to get a feel for it. Kind of like this," Snipping the string off from his second set of stitches, Julian retied a knot at the end and poked the needle from underneath the fabric and through the first dot. Then, being careful not to tangle or prick anything, began stitching along the rest of the dots. The result was exactly like what had been printed on the board for the students to follow. "Simple trick, right?" the dark-haired teen smiled encouragingly. Hopefully his demonstration made sense to this guy; it might help him get started, at least, and lose the dejected air around him.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Seems like it's simple, yes. I just need to follow a straight line...and preferably, without pricking my finger again. — He said, after staying a bit thoughtful in silence, paying attention to his classmate's teaching. The way he moved his fingers like he had so much practice at it and having drawn a linear chain of dots helps too. It seemed pretty simple once Julian explained it all, but it didn't even passed by Shunnosuke's mind until that moment. — Okay, let me try it. What kind of fashion designer I would be if I don't know how to sew, right? — Therefore, he mimicked his classmate's strategy. After getting a pen himself from his case, he draw a weak straight line made entirely of dots. He'd then put it back to the case and restart the sew with renewed devotion. After re-threading the needle (double, because he knew that much and it seemed way better than single threaded), he started the whole sew proccess: poking the fabric from the back side, bringing the needle up and repeating the whole thing in succession. When he was done stitching, all that's left is tying knots in the final extremity.

...and the result was rather satisfying, compared to the first one. Nothing like a taste of order to make Shun become more cheerful about his previous failure. — So, how's that? — Shunnosuke said smiling pridefully, laying his fabric piece so the other guy could evaluate his work.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Julian smiled and nodded slightly at the other guy's summary of his example. Yeah, it was pretty simple when you broke it down; it was just a matter of not confusing or overwhelming yourself with everything the stitches entailed. He watched as his classmate began trying the method himself, making sure to watch just in case the boy stabbed himself with the needle. At least then he could run and grab the teacher the moment something went awry.

It didn't take too long for him to finish. And the result was exponentionally better than the first two attempts. "I'd say it looks pretty good." The teen glanced back and forth between the board and his classmate's work, comparing the two before he flashed him a bright smile. "Keep this up and you probably won't need the guide for much longer."

Leaning back in his seat, Julian linked his hands behind his head and stretched out his arms. Once the popping of his joints faded, he dropped his arms into his lap and tilted his head questioningly. "So I guess home ec. is kinda your thing, huh? Since you want to be a fashion designer and all." Most guys didn't want to go into that field, so it was a little surprising when this guy made his earlier quip on the subject. But it was more interesting than weird. Everyone had their hobbies; what was so weird about a guy designing and making clothes? There were a lot of other, stranger things he could be doing instead, after all.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:55 pm

Shun giggled with self-confidence at his classmate's approval. He just needed an extra push and a pen to trace linear dots in succession so he could sew over. Coming to think of it, that was a really nice and obvious idea, how come he haven't thought about it before? Once the student knew how to do it and started repeating the whole procedure further, Shun could go back to his usual cocksure self.

...hm? Oh, right. — He confirmed Julian's assumptions, still concentrated in his task. After sewing three stitches in line, with what he could call devotion and perfectionism, he put his fabric over the table once again. — I guess everyone should pay attention at Home Ec classes, unless you intend to stay at your mother's nest for the rest of your life. Then again, I can't imagine anyone who would want that, in first place... — He chuckled a bit at his own acidness on that subject. That aside, he truly believed that studying Home Ec was more than a hobby itself, but a preparation for one's own independence. Being able to handle your own and manage your own house (and clothes!) is a prime skill everyone should have.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 2:26 pm

"Slackers, I guess. Or people without any ambition." Julian shrugged mildly, snipping off the needle on his practice stitches and stowing it away in the sewing kit on his desk. Those were the only people who he could think of who'd want to stay at their parents' house forever. Yeah, it's nice to not have to worry about food, shelter, clothes and all of that, but what fun was life if everything was taken care of for you? None at all, in his opinion. That's what made independence so appealing.

He supposed his classmate shared some of his opinions, considering how opposed this guy seemed to the idea of living with your mother. "You're right. Home EC. is pretty important for us now. Especially for seniors who will probably be leaving for college or getting a place or their own soon." Hoo boy, that was a fun thought. By this time next year, he'd probably be off to college back in the states or in Europe somewhere. It wasn't like there was a college here in Azores after all. ...Well, if there was, he'd never heard about it. Shaking his head to rid himself of the thoughts, Julian rested an elbow on his desk and propped his chin in his hand. Those things could wait a little longer. What was the point of worrying about all of that now?

"...Oh, sorry. I almost forgot. What's your name?" Perking up considerably, Julian straightened and smiled at the boy next to him. Learning names was always a good idea, and usually the right way to start off an acquaintanceship.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 pm

He couldn't help but to smile at Julian for taking the right words out of his mouth. "People without any ambition". That was exactly what Shunnosuke meant! Being in a school he just transferred to was kinda like a bore to the young boy: no one had the same interests as him nor the same familiar background, something that'd connect them together at some point and Shunnosuke would almost feel like an outcast (actually, in his mind, everybody else was the outcast and he, the normal one). For a notable academy such as Zela, he wouldn't imagine it'd be so different from his previous private school and have so many...different people. It was a relief to finally meet someone who shared the same view as him.

Kurosawa. Shunnosuke Kurosawa. — He said, finally introducing himself properly. It's a bit of an odd feeling to say your name after a conversation was already started, but maybe that doesn't make any difference at all? — If you don't mind me asking, are you a senior? The way you spoke before seemed like you were talking from experience. — Shunnosuke chuckled a bit to lighten up the tone of that question. After paying attention to what Julian said and judging by the way he said it, it wasn't hard to deduce that was a recent worry.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:53 pm

So Shunnosuke, was it? Not the kind of name he heard often. Ah well; at least there was no chance in mixing his name up with anyone else's, right? Julian smiled and nodded at his classmate, filinf the information away for later. Now, where had he heard that name "Kurosawa"...?

"Am I that obvious?" Chuckling lightly, the teen rubbed at the back of his neck. "In any case, you're right. I'm a senior." Really, it wasn't that hard to guess, he supposed. It wasn't by much, but he did seem a bit older than most of the kids here. Mentioning the whole thing about graduation later was apparently a bit of a giveaway too. "Besides this one, I haven't seen you in any of my classes. I guess you're a grade or two below me, huh?" Julian smiled brightly. This guy was probably a Sophomore; Junior seemed to be pushing it a little, considering how young he looked.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Actually, yes, you are. — He laughed softly as Julian explained himself. He enjoyed that kind of embarrassed reaction, when people don't realize they deliver more information about themselves in an everyday conversation than they can expect. Besides, it is sort of an entertainment for the boy to do that, to act like he knew every little detail from everyone.

Right. I'm a sophomore. And recently transferred to... — He responded to Julian and after looked around to their classroom, with a not very pleased look on his face. — ...this. — Clearly, Shunnosuke wasn't too fond of the idea of leaving a conceited private school, but at this point, he already gave in the idea of leaving Zela Academy for good and would no longer show a fierce opposition against it. What other choice would he do rather than adapt?

Last edited by Shunny on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:30 pm

Ouch. That was a little harsh. Blunt, too. But Shunnosuke timed it so well and said it with the right expression, so Julian didn't feel too bothered by it. Besides, it wasn't like he'd been trying to keep the fact that he was going to graduate soon a secret. Who cared about it anyways? Maybe social-status-conscious people or kids who thought seniors were scary as hell, but Julian wasn't one of those, so it didn't really matter in the end. At least Shunnosuke didn't seem bothered by it, and that was the important thing, he guessed.

Tilting his head and smiling softly, the teen raised an eyebrow inquisitively at his classmate's disdainful expression. Zela Academy wasn't so bad, really. In comparison to lots of schools, it was actually on the high-end. From what he could tell, the teachers were fine, the people friendly enough, and the lessons actually kind of enjoyable. So Shunnosuke's dislike of the campus was a little confusing, to say the least. "Where'd you transfer from?" Actually, this could be a good sign. Julian himself just got to this school; maybe transitioning was a topic they could discuss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]   Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke] Empty

Back to top Go down

Stitches, Stitches, Stitches... [Shunnosuke]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next