Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Mayu Takanamiya EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Mayu Takanamiya EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Mayu Takanamiya EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Mayu Takanamiya EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Mayu Takanamiya EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Mayu Takanamiya EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Mayu Takanamiya EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Mayu Takanamiya EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Mayu Takanamiya EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Mayu Takanamiya

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayu-chan

Mayu-chan

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:10 pm

Birth Name: Mayu Takanamiya
Aliases: Yuuta(Tomboy Name),Mayu (Real Name)
Birth Day: January 2
Arcana: Empress
Evoker: Gun
Place of Residence: School Dorms
School Year: First Year Highschool
Class:

After School Club:  None

Part Time Job: Plays guitar live at the bar during weekends

Appearance: Mayu is very short for about 4"11 foot tall.She had short blue hair,black eyes,whitish skin tone,and a perfectly slim body.She usually wears a sando and a shorts due to her tomboyish personality.There is no accessories on her but if she will wear one, it would be a spiked bracelet.In school, she still wears a girl uniform although she doesn't like it.When going out, she will rather wear a t-shirt and pants or t-shirt,pants,and a hoodie jacket.She is also flat-chested.

Personality: Mayu is a boyish girl.She usually hangs out with boys and address her friends "dude" or bro".She doesn't like putting make up on her face and put girly accessories.She doesn't have a crush on girls because she still knows that she is a girl that acts like a boy.She also likes music more than everything,She even ays a guitar.However, she might be boyish but there is a girly self of her that she hates inside her.

Meanwhile on her true self, She is a quiet girl but she will speak to you when you spoke to her.She still likes music but gets more nuts when she saw kitten especially stray kittens.If she saw one, She will rather pet it,feed it, or take it home with ber although it is dirty.When she have a crush, It would be someone that also likes music like her.Still, she doesn't like to put make-up on her face and put girly accessories because she believe in natural beauty.

Strengths:

Musician:
-Mayu is pretty much a musician herself.So Mayu knows a lot about music.

Cat Person:
-Mayu loves cats especially the young ones.So she knows a lot about cats.

Tough:
-Mayu is very tough due to her personality.So she cannot be taken down easily.

Weaknesses:

Stubborn:
-No one is a boss of her.So she cannot sometimes do what the field leader says
(For Example. She is commanded to do Heal/Support but she will sometimes act freely)
or if there is no field leader,she will just attack the enemy without healing sometimes.

Forgetful:
-Mayu is very forgetful.For example, She is gonna do Dia but in results her move is Bufu.

Weak Immune System:
-Mayu has a weak immune system.She can get sickness easily so she have to be sometimes careful.

Soul Bound Weapon:

Weapon Name: Guitar
Weapon Description: This is not just any ordinary guitar, this guitar specially made to defeat shadows and it is made of an unidentified strong metal.
Weapon Image:
Weapon Attack Type: Strike
Weapon Element:

History: Mayu Takanamiya born at January 2,1999.She aas very beautiful when she was little but at a very young age, she is already boyish.Mayu's mother was angry at her because she is only daughter born in the Takanamiya while his 3 siblings were all boys and she got her boyish personality from the three of them.Mayu's father still accepted Mayu the way she was because that was his daughter and that is her personality.

In her school days, She experienced bullying due to her personality and they change her name into "Tomboy".She doesn't accept it because she still believed that she is a boy but she ignores until it got worse and worse and worse.Now her classmates were starting to hurt her physically and mentally.She can't take it anymore and her emotions got the best of her.Mayu then punched her classmate in the face that made him bleed in his nose.Obviously, Mayu then got called in the Principal's Office with her parents and discussed the incident with them.Mayu's mother got angry because why aren't they protecting their students from bullying?! Maybe all this school cares is money.After the school ends, Mayu and her family moved into an another town.

In her teenage days, She now usually hangs out with boys but sometimes with girls and still acts like a boy with them.She became fully boyish because now her hair is short and she usually wears a sando and shorts.Also in this age, Mayu discovered her likes in music and she started to take guitar lessons with her friends everyday after school.After a few months of guitar lessons, She started performing in the park where peoplw throw money in her guitar caae just to earn money.One day while she was performing, a man approached her and invited her to perform live in his bar as a job.Mayu accepted and now, she works there part-time she is a student.In her job, she discovered that she wants to be a rockstar.She was happy that performing live in bar is a good place to start to commit her dreams.Mayu is now currently living a happy life in the scho dorm and her new school.A new chapter of her life begins

Last edited by Lovergames on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm gonna guess you have it done already, although you didn't pick an Arcana yet.

But, even if no, I'll give ya some points. First, not that it's completely neccesary but it would be much easier for us if you used the actual template with colors, because they indicate your class. If not, at least mention the class somewhere in the application, so we can be sure.

Then, your strengths and weaknesses are quite a bit off. For Brave Heart, you'd have to specify more if you want that to go through. Give it some percentage of how much higher the chance to miss her is for example. For the second, I assume you're going for the strength boost. Just keep in mind it's 5%, in case, as you only wrote it can be more effective. Third, stats such as HP are set by the rank you have on your Persona, therefore you can't have more HP just like that.

Weaknesses -First of all actual Shadows don't have Arcanas, so you'd have to rework the first one completely. Second, you already get strengths and weaknesses against types of attacks on your Persona, so you should put a weakness to wind there rather than in character weaknesses. And for the last, again specify what it means. Like, all ailments have a 10% higher chance to hit, or something along those lines.

And while you do that, make sure to keep your strengths and weaknesses balanced, so if you have anything that makes her better in combat in strengths, have the same amount of weaknesses that hinder her in fight as well.

..and maybe write a little bit more on appearance, but that's just a minor thing.

If you don't understand anything, just ask : D
Back to top Go down
Mayu-chan

Mayu-chan

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:42 pm

Oops i forgot to add her arcana, Mayu's arcana is Empress and I apologize about the wrong spellings! It's a typo error
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:51 pm

That's okay. Everyone makes spelling mistakes sometimes. Just make sure to fix the neccessary stuff, so you can get approved.
Back to top Go down
Mayu-chan

Mayu-chan

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 4:07 am

Ok I edited her strngths and weaknesses

Strengths:

-Brave Heart
- 10% chance of getting the fear ailment

-Physically Strong
-2.5% more damage on Physical Attacks

-Healthy Body
-50% more HP

Weaknesses:

-Pyrophobic
-2.5% less fire damage

-Easily Charmed
-75% chance of being charmed

-Unhealthy Mind
-5% less SP

And I will add this in her appearance

In school, she still wears a girl uniform although she doesn't like it.When going out, she will rather wear a t-shirt and pants or t-shirt,pants,and a hoodie jacket.She is also flat-chested.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 8:26 am

You know, you can just edit the original application rather than put the edits in a new post, and just post saying you edited. Makes the thread less cluttered, and you'll have to edit it in, in the end anyway. In case you don't know how, there is an edit button in the right upper corner of each of your posts.

Strengths

I. For brave heart, you mean that there is constantly only a 10% chance of getting afflicted by the fear ailment? That might be too much in some cases. As some higher tier skills have a higher chance and booting that down to 10%, well. Perhaps you could put it as something like : Fear ailments have a 10% higher chance to miss her or so. That way, it'll only add 10% to miss chance in each skill, to make it scale in a believable way..

II. Physical strength is an actual set combat boost, so it's automaticallly a 5% raise to your dexterity stat. You can make it that then, as 2.5% would just nerf the actual strength.

III. Again, HP is a stat that is affected by the growth of your Persona, therefore a character strength cannot change it. Only the arcana you choose ( there is one that provides a boost to HP and SP) or any items that you buy later from the Velvet Room can boost you HP. You could put that she can handle more beating and the like, but it would only work in  normal environment, so not against Shadows. In supernatural dealings you go by the stats you have, and you cannot affect that by such a strength. Perhaps you could try reading the rules and guides in the Vital Information section to help you understand how things work, and what can be done and what cannot. : D

I. You mean that she does less damage when she uses a fire type attack, right? Well, such attacks come from your Persona not your character itself, unless you use a human skill, which is an uncommon thing to have, aside from the base one you get at the start. Which means, you can't have your character do less damage, since she isn't the one doing it in the first place. Besides, how much elemental damage you do is set by your stats again, so changing it isn't so simple. The only attack related stat that could be affected by character strengths/weaknesses is the soulbound attack, as that is done by the character. That's actually the physical strength you have.

II. Well, I'd say a set 75% is a bit high like that. It would be better to make it in a similar fashion to the fear strength. Make it that she has a higher chance of being hit by such ailment. Optimally it could be 20 - 30% if you want it the chances to climb up higher. Up to you though. Just don't put they're 75% higher because that would be a little overkill if worded that way.

- Speaking of which, all percentages and numbers related to attack hits/misses get always rounded down, so 75% would automatically become 70%. Always use numbers such as 10, 20, 30 and so on, as the ones in between will get rounded down to one of those anyway. Also, for percentages that affect stats and such, as the Physical strength, 5% is actually the lowest used, as anything below is almost useless. And those get rounded down as well. So only whole numbers if you need to please. If 2.5% was legit, it would in reality become 2%. -

III. SP works the same as HP, so your character weaknesses cannot affect it, being set by your Persona. These two stats are something you gain after awakening to the supernatural and it's tied to your 'spiritual growth' or however should I put it. It can only be affected by special means >.>

For the appearance, okay, just done't forget to put it in the application then. A little more would still be better, but if you can't think of anything else, this could technically do. : )

..Well, I tried explaining the best I could. Still, I would recommend going through the rules and guides, so you can grasp the stuff better.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 9:17 am

Actually, you can get a small boost to HP or SP as a strength, you just have to make sure that your strengths balance out. For example, one stat could take a 5% penalty.
Back to top Go down
Mayu-chan

Mayu-chan

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:22 am

I viewed some profile of Approved Persona users so I can use them as my guide so...

Strengths:

Musician:
-Mayu is pretty much a musician herself.So Mayu knows a lot about music.

Cat Person:
-Mayu loves cats especially the young ones.So she knows a lot about cats.

Tough:
-Mayu is very tough due to her personality.So she cannot be taken down easily.

Weaknesses:

Stubborn:
-No one is a boss of her.So she cannot sometimes do what the field leader says
(For Example. She is commanded to do Heal/Support but she will sometimes act freely)
or if there is no field leader,she will just attack the enemy without healing sometimes.

Forgetful:
-Mayu is very forgetful.For example, She is gonna do Dia but in results her move is Bufu.

Weak Immune System:
-Mayu has a weak immune system.She can get sickness easily so she have to be sometimes careful.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 6:50 am

Okay, I guess this looks better.

For the Forgetful weakness. How are you planning on doing it? Something like she says she'll do something but you'll have her perform a different move? Because you can't really make it switch up randomly, as the move is determined and calulated at the end of the post when you attack. Just wanna be sure on what exactly you mean here.

And since you have the kind of weaknesses that can hinder her in battle, you could make that Tough Strength a Defense boost as a side effect, which lets you take off 5% of damage you would get if attacked by a soulbound weapon.

Otherwise it looks good to me....Just make sure not to forget to edit the originall post in the end, as you'll need it to be there, rather than in a separate post.
Back to top Go down
Mayu-chan

Mayu-chan

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:06 am

Safi wrote:
Okay, I guess this looks better.

For the Forgetful weakness. How are you planning on doing it? Something like she says she'll do something but you'll have her perform a different move? Because you can't really make it switch up randomly, as the move is determined and calulated at the end of the post when you attack. Just wanna be sure on what exactly you mean here.

And since you have the kind of weaknesses that can hinder her in battle, you could make that Tough Strength a Defense boost as a side effect, which  lets you take off 5% of damage you would get if attacked by a soulbound weapon.

Otherwise it looks good to me....Just make sure not to forget to edit the originall post in the end, as you'll need it to be there, rather than in a separate post.

Oh for example

Mayu thinks that she needs to use Bufu on her enemy

"Persona!" she shouted

"Alunsina! Use Agi" she commanded her persona

This is the example post when the Forgetful weakness happened but it will happened sometimes not always
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:46 am

Ah, okay I see. Should be good then. By the way you still forgot to edit your Arcana in. Just so it'd be there if anyone looks. As well as adding the bit of appearance you did in. If you do that, and don't want to make that strength a boost, then you're approved ~

Oh, and she is a Persona User, right? Just so I know, if you aren't going to use the predetermined template >.>
Back to top Go down
Mayu-chan

Mayu-chan

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:59 am

Safi wrote:
Ah, okay I see. Should be good then. By the way you still forgot to edit your Arcana in. Just so it'd be there if anyone looks. As well as adding the bit of appearance you did in. If you do that, and don't want to make that strength a boost, then you're approved ~

Oh, and she is a Persona User, right? Just so I know, if you aren't going to use the predetermined template >.>

Done and yes she is a persona user

Also I am already done on her Initial Persona "Alunsina"
https://newarcana.forumotion.com/t1411-alunsina-mayu-s-initial-persona-completed
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 8:12 am

Allright then, approved ~

I'll look at your Persona soon ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mayu Takanamiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayu Takanamiya   Mayu Takanamiya Empty

Back to top Go down

Mayu Takanamiya
Page 1 of 1