Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Zavie Bryce EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Zavie Bryce EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Zavie Bryce EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Zavie Bryce EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Zavie Bryce EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Zavie Bryce EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Zavie Bryce EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Zavie Bryce EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Zavie Bryce EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Zavie Bryce

Go down 
+2
Deshi
Lost
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost

Lost

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:17 pm

Zavie Bryce
”I’m a cat, so that means I have nine lives! I’m luckier than most because of that!”

Zavie Bryce FWGEy2d

The Biography

Birth Name: Zavie Bryce
Aliases: The Cat Loving Baker
Birth Day: June 16
Arcana: Fool
Place of Residence: A small bakery within Little Tokyo
Academy Semester: Home Schooled, currently receiving Middle School education
Class: None

Sorority: None

Part Time Job: Baker’s Assistant

Appearance:
Zavie is a young boy with a small but agile frame. He stands at 5' 1'' and weighs only 103 lbs. He has long blonde hair kept in a small ponytail as well as striking blue and feline eyes. He has a pale complexion and appears normal for all intents and purposes. However, Zavie has black cat ears propped upon his head and a black cat tail. He does not have human ears causing him to hide his lack thereof with earpieces and headphones. Outside of this, due to his peculiar features, he'll generally wear hoodies and jackets.

Alternate Appearance:

Zavie Bryce Tumblr_inline_nkafbdLgGq1roukqk

While wearing the feline mask Proxy has provided for him, Zavie's most notable characteristics will alter to hide his identity. his hair will pale and become almost blonde and the clothes he will be wearing will become similar to that of a military suit with a black coat and tie. Proxy's form doesn't change while Zavie has donned her mask and Zavie's ears and tail don't disappear either, however they are not kept hidden while in this form.

Personality:
Zavie is a very young and chipper youth, usually seen with a smile on his face. His seemingly perpetually happy nature is due to a very sheltered and safe life within his parent’s bakery. This sheltered life has also made him very innocent and gullible, almost always believing the things others tell him.

His innocence goes beyond just his gullibility though. He’s retained a very childlike personality throughout the years, enjoying childish activities, such as playing with toys and drawing. Aside from this is his insatiable sweet tooth, loving anything sweet from fruits to candies.

His sweet tooth is in part due to his parent’s work, being bakers has caused him to be exposed to multiple different types of sugary goods. However, his interest in his parent’s work goes farther than just eating what they produce. Zavie is a surprisingly good baker, participating in his parent’s work as often as he can.

Aside from his love of sweets, the boy also enjoys other pursuits such as fashion and singing. He is surprisingly picky about what he wears, often times using his allowance and money gained from working for his parents to purchase clothes for himself. His love for singing goes as far as that, a hobby he enjoys greatly. Whether or not he wishes to pursue more into his singing has yet to be determined by himself, though, it’s known that he is quite decent at singing.

Aside from all this, Zavie is very cat-like in nature; a symptom that has plagued him since bonding with the cat-like shadow, Proxy. He is very skittish and can be easily frightened by the smallest of things. Loud noises pain him greatly and cause him to shut down for brief moments of time. Aside from this, the boy has permanently received cat-like ears and a tail, both of which he hides as best as he can.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: Cat Senses
Description: Zavie’s feline like shadow has left strange side effects on the boy's body in the form of his ears and tail. However, if one is to look closely, they’ll also see his eyes aren’t exactly human either. Because of his unique features, the boy has keen hearing and vision capable of seeing in the dark.

Strength Name: Cat-Like Agility
Description: Even though Zavie would rather sleep and eat sugary sweets rather than parkour, the boy is quite capable of doing so and can apply these agility feats in battle. However, he is not a master at it, his techniques being without training and refinement.

Strength Name: Shifting Shadow
Description: Zavie's shadow weapon, Proxy, has the ability to shift between her bead form and her cloak and glove form in and out of battle at will.

Strength Name: Sweet Scent
Description: Zavie seems to perpetually smell good. If he doesn’t smell like the sweets he eats, the baked goods he bakes, or the clean soap he uses, he generally smells like the aromatic teas and coffees he’s fond of drinking. Due to his super pleasant aroma, allies around him (the same battle as he is in) will be 10% resistant to the Charm ailment, however, enemies around him (same rule as before) will also be 10% resistant to the Charm ailment.

Strength Name: Nyah Nyah!
Description: Zavie’s shadow has given him the capability to understand and speak to cats. This power has proven most efficient to him, however, his affinity for feline creatures leads to the more canine creatures to chase after him… Quite often to boot.

-----

Floating Strength Name:
Description:

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: Keen At A Cost
Description: Though Zavie has notable advantages due to his keen hearing, the costs may outweigh the gain. Loud noises pain the boy immensely and cause him to pause for a moment to readjust to the pain. If a loud noise is produced during a battle, Zavie will be forced to take a turn to adjust to the pain, leaving him defenseless.

Weakness Name: Fragile Like Glass
Description: Zavie is not a very strong person, and quite frankly, real-world attacks hurt him more than normal. He’s still a child, after all.

Weakness Name: Proxy's Manipulation
Description: Proxy is very cautious of all new people and tries to keep Zavie away from most newcomers. This has led her to use fear tactics on her host to try and force Zavie into being equally if not more cautious. She has a strong grip on what scares Zavie and is very willing to use certain words to send him into a fearful tissy.

Weakness Name: Poisonous Flaw… Literally!
Description: Zavie’s shadow doesn’t take nicely to the Poison ailment, and as such, the rest of his body doesn’t take nicely to it. Poison has a 10% more effective chance to be inflicted upon Zavie.

Weakness Name: Bow Wow! O-Oh Noooo…
Description: Zavie’s affinity for cats is only matched by his non-affinity for everything canine. Dogs hate him. Quite literally. If a dog sees the cat boy, it’ll most likely chase him around out of spite. Barks, growls, and the whole works spook the boy and fighting a dog-like enemy would probably end badly for him…

-----

Floating Weakness Name:
Description:

Shadow/Demon Weapon:

Weapon Name: Proxy
Weapon Description:
Proxy appears as a large cloak and a pair of gloves going from his elbow to over his hands. The cloak has long floppy ears on the hood and the cloak itself reaches down to around his knees. The gloves have two inch long claws on them in which the boy uses to attack enemies with. Outside of battle though, Proxy appears as a golden bead chain tied into his hair.
Weapon Image:
Reference:

Reference:
Weapon Attack Type: Slash
Weapon Element:

Side-Arm Weapon:

Side-Arm Name: Silencer
Side-Arm Description: A simple 14 inch revolver with an 8 inch barrel.
Side-Arm Image:
Reference:
Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style:
Revolver - Single Shot - Accuracy is increased by 20%. Consumes only one type of ammo per use. Can shoot only one enemy at a time.

The Background

History:
Zavie was born a native of Endymion, the descendant of English bakers that immigrated to the city many years before his parents came to be. His life was, for all intents and purposes, a normal one for his early years. He teethed, he played, he ate, and he lived. The baby boy was endearing and made his parents very happy. However, fate wasn’t kind to the boy.

An amateur scientist was experimenting on, what he thought, was a strange and exotic animal with supernatural powers. This animal, however, was, in fact, a shadow that found itself within the human plane of existence. It’s unknown as to how it escaped its plane of existence, but it was very angry that it was no longer home. When the amateur scientist let his guard down long enough, the shadow escaped, killing the scientist in the process. However, the shadow was trapped within the scientist’s house, apparently having injured itself in the attack and rendering it motionless.

Weeks went by after this event until the still young boy found himself in his estranged neighbor’s house. His parents had brought the unknowingly dead neighbor some cookies as a present. The boy ventured away from his confused parents, finding the door to the scientist’s basement. He didn’t know what any of the equipment did, but the button loving boy pressed the right buttons to activate a machine near the cat-like shadow. Zavie, loving cats quite a bit, couldn’t help but try and hug the furry creature. However, the machine had the capabilities of fusing a shadow with a being with a soul. The shadow was aware of this and influenced the machine to fuse the two together. The boy only felt pain and only saw blackness after hugging the cat.

The procedure, as unstable and estranged as it was, left very glaring and noticeable side effects. The boy was left with very visible feline ears robbing him of his human ones, feline eyes, and an extension of his spinal cord creating a cat-like tail. The whole ordeal shocked the young boy, his parents running down and rushing him home. He grew to be fine, but his parents knew they could never let the boy into the outside world again. They moved across town shortly after into what is now known as the Little Tokyo district. Regardless, the boy lived a very sheltered life style even after the Great Divide. What’ll happen to the boy now? He doesn’t really know aside from trying to eat more sweets… His innocence may prove fatal with the powers that lay dormant within himself with the rising war between Endymion’s Military and the Psyche Terrorists. Only he can choose what fate has in store for him, though.

Last edited by Lost on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:07 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 12:00 am

*clicks claws and ponders.* Well then:

1) For your weakness to your keen senses you mention sound as weakness, so...does his eye sight have a weakness too? Let's say bright light? Just curious is all.

2) Since you have the poison weakness that makes up for the charm boost, did you still want to keep that strength where it boosts both allies and enemies? Or did you want to make it boost allies only?

3) History: While I like your idea I am afraid from what I understand of forgottens, I can't accept them suddenly merging. Forgotten are experiments so if you can turn that merging into an experiment or explain to me how it is a experiment, then I can accept it.

Outside of that. Can I pet le kitty? >>
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:54 am

Um, for your first point, that simply isn't how cat vision, or any animal vision besides cave animals, works. Unless it's direly needed there isn't any logical form to counter that. I was hoping the fact that he'd be paralyzed for a turn in battle if exposed to a loud noise would be enough to balance this as he can't really keep his eyes open when his entire body is in pain.

As far as the second point, that's up to you. I thought it's be slightly overly powerful to give the entire party 10% resistance to anything when the corresponding weakness only affected himself. If you think that's fine, I'll take it off, but I just wanted to try and keep things balanced.

Lastly, the Proxy and Zavie didn't simply merge. In the story Zavie turned a machine on that the shadow knew had the power to merge the two. He influenced it to fuse them together. They didn't just merge out of the blue. If I need to write it a bit differently so that it makes more sense, I'll do so... Wrote it a bit late at night so it's probably not as well written as it could be.

And that's my points before I edit. Please respond to this as soon as you can, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 2:12 pm

*Clicks claws and considers what has been said.*

Alright, your points are proven well enough. I was interpreting the seeing thing a bit different from just animal senses, so I am glad you are cleared that up. As for the charm thing, you can keep it as it is since there is nothing wrong with it. I was just giving you an option to change it if you wanted to.

As for the last part, yes. Please reword the history since as it reads in my head it is like they suddenly merged. Do this and I can approve you.

Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Alright, story was edited and I left the charm strength as is. Personal preferences, I guess. Please re-grade as soon as you can.

Also, you may indeed pet the kitty, Deshi.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 3:08 pm

*Deshi is pleased with both the app and the permission giving. Loves le kitty ~<3*

Alright insanity aside (cause that is so going to happen), you're approved.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Alright then. But I'm afraid that if you want your Shadow to change shape like that between battle and non-battle, you'll need a strength for it. Normally, a Forgotten's Shadow is supposed to be always summoned out and active.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 3:29 pm

Approved ~
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 10:36 am

Unapproved to make an edit.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 11:35 am

Just make sure to quote your sheet whenever you make more edits. But since I just see its the alt. Appearance its fine. Approved edit.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 4:58 pm

Editing alternate appearance cuz of reasons~ Woo~

Foot note, broke the music code so it didn't duplicate in the thread.

Previous Sheet:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Approved Change
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Same old song and dance. Broke the song code so it didn't double up on the page and I will be changing the FC of Zavie's Alt Appearance as well as a weakness.

App Quote:
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Changes approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zavie Bryce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zavie Bryce   Zavie Bryce Empty

Back to top Go down