Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Long Time No See (Simon) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Long Time No See (Simon) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Long Time No See (Simon) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Long Time No See (Simon) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Long Time No See (Simon)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

Long Time No See (Simon) Empty
PostSubject: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:53 pm

Two years.

They were the longest two years of his life. It was excruciating and painful. And it's not too surprising that he ran off here in Azores, hoping to forget everything. It's funny. The time he spent in the region had been fraught with danger. And now he's back. Perhaps his old self would've laughed at him and called him all sorts of taunting expletives.

Joshua glanced around his environment. Zela didn't seem to change all that much at all. Funny. He remembered when he had to fight Ananke and jumped into the fray. The memory of Rita stopping to excuse herself to the bathroom caused him to crack a sardonic grin.

School just ended and he saw a mass of students trying to leave the small 6-hour daily prison. They all seemed carefree, without much worry. Something Joshua remembered once.

The door creaked open as he entered the main office. He looked around, hoping to see if he could ask someone about the visitor policy around here.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:22 pm

He could find in the office a general attendant there. It wasn't anyone they may have been familiar with. They would ask for their name and what they came for as they arrived. They seemed very to the point, like an everyday secretary.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Joshua finally spotted someone that seemed to fit the bill. He walked over to their direction as he smiled faintly at them. It looked like somethings changed, though he never made much visits to the office in the first place.

"Hi there. I'm Joshua Bae. I was hoping I could meet with a Simon Alba? What are the visitor policies around here?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:40 am

The secretary will nod and look up their name. "If you wish to see him, he's in the library, however if you do not need to go there, I can call him to you myself," she offered. If Joshua consented, she would dial a few numbers and ask for Simon using Joshua's name, then nod and hang up the phone. Were he to wait a few minutes longer, a familiar face would walk through the door to the office.

Long Time No See (Simon) Tumblr_ngkwr8ZxkR1tvw6hvo3_500

Simon walked in, and even he seemed a bit surprised in a pleasant kind of way. He placed a finger to his chin before leaning over a bit. He was rather tall, so for him to lean put him a little higher than Joshua, but enough all the same. "Joshua....it's been a while now hasn't it. I haven't seen you in, years actually. How are you? You caught me on my way home, so lucky us huh?"
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:50 am

"Alright, make it happen, please."

So he'd wait. He pushed his hands into his pockets and stared at the floor listlessly. Joshua thought to himself for a while and tried to bring back some memories of the guy. He seemed reserve, but nice. A bookish nerd-looking guy. Yet, he had so much power with that Persona of his.

The black-headed Asian blinked upon hearing the door open. A familiar sight of a person greeted him. He gave a stilted smile from his weary expression. Nevertheless, he was glad to see him.

"Luck worthy of a jackpot, indeed," he made a small joke that seemed rather lame. Even for the Joshua back two years ago, "Long time no see, Simon. I'm doing... great. How have you been doing, by the way? No more supernatural shenanigans as of late?"

Nothing seemed to change for Simon. Was it the influence of Angels? Then again, it's just two years. It's not abnormal that people don't change much in that amount of time.

"I figured I just say hi and probably hang out if you're cool with that. By the way, how's Rinna and Ariston?"
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 1:18 am

The word "supernatural" made him flinch a bit. It seemed he didn't like the word enough. He nonetheless shook his head. "No subtlety huh? Here, we can walk together. Thanks for helping me," he said to the woman, who just nodded quickly and got back to their work. He would walk outside towards the near deserted courtyard, with just a few students loitering in their normal, free life. "Hm. Nope. Nothing major happening. I haven't been able to use my powers in a while. As for Rinna and Ariston..." he paused for a bit. "Ariston is fine. He still works here. Rinna....I haven't been able to get a hold of her for a long time. Actually she stopped talking to me around the time everything turned back to normal. I haven't even found her at her job. It's like she dropped off the map. Ariston hasn't heard from her either." Simon looked confused himself, but he had long stopped trying to get a hold of her over a year ago. He had no hope of doing it. He figured Rinna would just come around when she needed him; she was just that type of person. But nothing, not a single word. He had no way to find her at all, so the most he could do is wait, and pray that something hadn't happened to her, or worse.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 1:34 am

"Honesty's a virtue," Joshua smirked in reply to Simon as he shrugged up his shoulders.

He understood why the guy flinched. Joshua couldn't blame him. No one really wanted the attention, especially what happened back in the rally that he heard so much about before he left the islands. But, he could hardly care as much. Or rather, he was just too tired of caring about anything. At least, for now.

He followed him from behind and soon noticed they would get some privacy which was nice as always. Upon hearing Simon tell him the state of everything happening after he had left, the news of Rinna's disappearance caused him to frown at it.

Then he sighed and shook his head.

"I texted her that day when the Mother left. She was... doing something. I don't know what. But I didn't bother to pry in case I was being too pushy. I wanted to check up on her, but... well. I had personal matters calling me from the States and I had to leave."

Joshua remembered when he last texted her. He didn't pry too much and left her alone. He was starting to regret not doing anything back then. Something felt... wrong now. Maybe he really shouldn't have stayed back then.

"This shit is worrying," he admitted, "You think we can try checking where she lives? Or anyone else who might be close to her-- Oh who am I kidding. You've probably already tried in these two years, didn't you?"

Why wouldn't Simon? After all they were comrades. So this did seem to mean they can't really do much as of now. And it's frustrating.

"About Ariston, is he free right now? I figure I may as well get acquainted with him in case something about Rinna pops up."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 2:53 am

Simon nodded. Of course she didn't tell him either. She was never the type to talk about her own life. Even Simon himself didn't know too much about her beyond how she acted, what she believed in and her life at the school. Much of her personal life was, well a mystery. And now it's even more mysterious since she vanished. "Yeah, I asked her parents since I knew them myself. They have no idea either, but she stopped living with them long ago, apparently she told them she was going out to travel, but they don't know how true that is. But since there's no evidence of a kidnapping, the police aren't on high heels to find her like before when they came to them. So basically it's up in the air. I wish I could find her..." he pushed his glasses above his eyes to wipe them. Though he wasn't exactly crying, his breathing became labored for a split moment, like he was one step away from mourning the loss. He used to bawl alot. But he had become well over the age of adulthood. If he didn't set a proper example for the children at the class, not many would. So in the end, he knew that somehow it would work itself out. She had to be alive and around still right?

Moving onto the next subject, Simon shook his head. "I think he's tutoring right now so it may not be the smartest idea. Ever since Isla got elected he's basically a dean here at school so he has a lot more responsibility. I think he's long moved on from what's happened all that time ago. People here seem to have; though sometimes there's talk. But who knows. At least Azores is prospering." He said with an optimistic smile. Through all of that conflict two years ago, they managed to return heroes and save the islands; yet they left another set of world(s) behind. Alot was sacrificed to make it here, and in the end many were happy, so naturally they should feel accomplished. Their world was saved, and in the end wasn't that all that mattered....?

Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:27 am

Joshua bit his the inside side of his lip in frustration. There really was nothing to go on with. And being the cynic, he can't help, but feel like something was going on. That maybe they were missing something. But what was missing? Everything's supposed to be over now that Nesoi and Gonea were gone, right? Yet, Rinna's disappearance seemed to him that it was the opposite. And even Simon right now seemed to think so.

He was sympathetic for Simon. Back then, he never really trusted the guy. But, until the very end, he proved himself pretty trustworthy. So it was alright to show some care. After all, they were comrades to battle for humanity's survival, right?

"C'mon, man. You're a big boy now," Joshua teased him with a nudge and pat on his shoulder, "We'll find her. I know we will. We're the three amigos, yeah? Though I guess with Ariston, we're like what? The four compañeros? Shit, I was never great with Spanish."

Hopefully this little thing could cheer him up or something. Being some supernatural Angel can't have been all that great for him. Though to Joshua's surprise, things really did change quite a bit. The Principal's got quite a nice promotion, same with this Ariston guy.

"So the region is doing great. Good for them."

It was all peace and everything was all nice. Except for maybe those alternate worlds that Joshua never got the chance to actually explore for long and Rinna disappearing.

"This is going to sound pretty damn stupid (because it is), but you think some of the region's dregs might know a bit about Rinna than anyone else?"

He paused to let Simon to think about what he meant by "dregs". But Joshua continued before he allowed the ex-angel to continue.

"I'm talking about the hood people from Standansen. That gang. And what's no better than checking it out the 'underground'?"

While he knew that Simon did his best he could to find Rinna and trusted his words for it. But, he doubted he'd have checked out the 'underground' sections of the region. The less visible elements of any civilization tended to be overlooked. Especially when it's fraught with crime and such overlooking was done for good reason.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:19 pm

Simon smirked a bit. He seemed a bit better. To be honest he just didn't like talking about it much. He wasn't the most social type, and bringing it up felt like opening an old wound. When he brought up the lower end of the island, Simon wondered. "I never did look there myself. The possibility exists, but honestly, you may not have known this but the gang has basically started to cause even more trouble than usual. Not even the police near the island are brave enough to stop them. I mean, we can try, there's a chance, but we need a plan. It's probably gonna be hard enough to sneak in, and hell to pay if we get caught. No one gets into the underground since two years ago; not without the right payment or anything. Not gonna lie though, I never took you for a detective. You just kinda seemed like someone who got roped into it. Did something happen to give you this initiative?" He was impressed to see a boy that he barely knew that was essentially forced to fight for a cause he had no info on, now decide to visit one of the dirtiest places like he was a hard man fresh out of prison or detective school.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Joshua nodded along as Simon told him what he knew about the gang. It was dangerous, there was no doubt about it. But, like all gangs, they had an objective as they gathered together people. There was clearly an agenda now that the former angel was telling him about an increase in activity. This was rather strange. Yes, gangs are prone to cause trouble. But to noticeably cause more problems after the Event? Something smelled fishy.

"Business as usual. We'll want to figure out what they want, which is probably going to take some time," he spoke thoughtfully to himself while holding his chin, "Got any idea who may know more about them? I figured we could try the cops, but apparently even after the Event they're still useless as shit. What a goddamn surprise. I hope Isla does something about this."

Then he remembered back when Ananke showed up and started a massacre in Zela. There were people inside, despite being abandoned for all that sand. If memory serves right... they didn't look like cops either. And there were no gun shots back then too.

Joshua continued his line of thought, "Looks like this little gang of theirs owes us a favor. I'm going to guess Thesis and Ananke were in the way if they started being this active. There must be a connection. Especially when we went over to Standansen Stadium to get rid of the Primordials, which I, correct me if I'm wrong, think would be part of their turf. And hell, back in Zela when Ananke attacked? I think those guys that were in there are part of his gang. And if they were definitely part of their posse and we saved some of them, then they should at least hear us out. What do you think? There's no way a gang would be okay with the Primordial fucks trespassing their turf without a fight. They were up to something back in the Event, I'm nearly sure of it. Organized crime tend to be defensive of their territory."

Some of it made sense, but to Joshua it did feel a bit weak because nothing about this was certain. Though it does mean they would have to play the gambler if they can't come up with anything else.

Simon's question about his initiative caused him to pause. It was a personal thing, but he didn't crucify him for it.

Long Time No See (Simon) 53085d9ac61c6882f76ebac4a63fc1f6

"Stuff. Nothing too important. And no, I'm not a detective. I'm just using some common sense here," he lied with a wave of his hand, "And besides, living in crime-infested areas of the States gives you some perspective anyway."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:24 pm

"No one knows more about the underground than the underground themselves. We can try the cops maybe, but who knows what will come of it. Since Isla was elected about a year ago, she is putting into motion various reforms for a lot of the systems we have when it comes to law enforcement. She's sort of a revolutionary, she wants to change alot." He ran a hand through his hair. "I'm sure they were up to something two years ago. Both Ariston and I were convinced they had occupied the school while it was closed down for whatever reason, but before they could finish what they were doing, Ananke probably scared them off. Haven't found any clues though." He didn't exactly pry much more into his personal affair; he definitely didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it. "Well, in any event. Call me up when you're ready and I'll help you." If Joshua didn't have his number, Simon would offer it with a small smile. Maybe he was too eager to get back onto the hope train, but some part of him was hurting. Then again...."You get straight to the point huh? I haven't seen you in a long time. Not that I'm opposed to suddenly taking on a large gang with just you, but we're moving a bit fast in our relationship," he smirked as a joke.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:47 pm

"Then I hope she actually hires cops with actual balls and a sense of duty in those reforms while she's at it."

So in the end, they don't have anything to go off on. The cops won't have much either given they don't bother to go in there. But there was one thing that was confirmed by Simon, they were doing something in the school. What exactly that was, he had no idea.

"Alright. So the goons were here. What gave them away, Simon? I trust you, but I'd like to know how you managed to come to the same conclusion?"

Joshua's own line of thought was already shaky, but hopefully Simon has something that might enlighten him a little bit more. And knowing Simon, being a very possible bookish nerd, he probably found something that makes it very clear. He took Simon's number and nodded as he exchanged his to his friend. Now they were connected.

"Well, baby. I guess I'm just that irresistible," Joshua winked back at him, "Maybe we'll end up being practically married."

He was joking, of course. And a bit of humor would be nice, especially when they were likely going to approach a horde of tweakers and malcontents on their own.

"You mind giving Ariston the heads up that I want to talk to him? I know he's busy, but I figured I may as well get acquainted before we run through the gauntlet."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 2:30 am

Simon put a finger to his lips. "Well, why else would people be running around in that attire at a closed down school? Maybe it was their chance for more territory. People that young had no reason to loiter there when they had an entire island to themselves." When he asked about Ariston, he would nod. "Alright. I will let him know soon. But thanks for letting me know. It was nice to see you again. I'll probably get to him now so I don't miss the guy. He doesn't really take the time to read his texts, unless I call him. So was there anything else or...?" He would wait patiently for anything he had to say, and if not, he would hold his hand out for a shake. "I'm glad to see that maybe a clue can be found. At this point it's basically the last thread needed to tie after two years ago. Just be safe alright? You're important too."
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 2:48 am

Well... he had a point. Joshua nodded and decided to leave it at that. With Simon promising to give Ariston a call, that was pretty much it. There wasn't anything else he could do until he talked with Ariston and then did whatever he needed to do after that.

"Should be about it. Just tell him to meet me here. I can wait. Or just call me if he wants to meet me elsewhere."

He found himself shaking Simon's hand. It was a long time and it was a good gesture of faith and of friendship after some time and having fought together. But Joshua gave a faint sad smile at what Simon said. Important, he said. He could hardly do anything back in the fights with Ananke and Nesoi... nor could he do anything about his parents' killer.

"I'm the one who should be telling you that. But I hear you. I'll give you a holler when I'm ready."

With a nod, the conversation should be over unless Simon had anything else to say. And if he had left, Joshua took out his phone and navigated towards a familiar name.

With a text, he sent out towards Rinna. The Persona User knew it was unlikely she'd answer despite all this time disappearing. But... he felt like that at least he should give her a message.

"Long time no see. It's me, Joshua. Finally came back to Azores. How are you doing?"

With a sardonic grin at himself, he put his phone away back into his pocket and then waited for a certain Rhodes.

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See (Simon)   Long Time No See (Simon) Empty

Back to top Go down

Long Time No See (Simon)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next