Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

What Does It Hold?(Shi)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Unforgiven

Unforgiven

What Does It Hold?(Shi) Empty
PostSubject: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:59 am

The carnival, a place I didn't imagine I'd be here, alone at least, without some sort of other reason that a weekend. Perhaps I would have taken a date here, but so far my life wasn't turning out like a manga with my nervousness. This was harsh reality, and I was slowly accepting it, perhaps I needed to grow up more and get a job soon, but maybe not. I sighed as I went in to enjoy it at least. Heading over to the game stands, I thought I'd try my luck at a dart one. I wasn't too good at darts, but I may be able to win at least a teddy bear or something here right?

After a couple minutes and a few tries, I finally got a nice sized teddy bear to carry around. Taking it with a smile, at least I had something good to hug if needbe, but it seems like somethings needed nothing like that, but oh well. Something caught my eye as I continued on through the area: a fortune teller tent it seemed. I didn't believe in it, but eh, it would give me something else to do. Heading over to it, I yawned a little as I headed inside. "A fortune teller? What does my future hold then?" I said sort of sharply without thinking as I approached the fortune teller with another yawn.
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Work was hard, predicting futures for children with a set of arcana cards she had bought. The money she got was manageable, it was enough so she could support herself, it had been a week since she had met Soki and was given permission to stay at her estate. Although she was living there free, she didn’t expect to stay, making a ‘living’ so she could afford her own place because making that third and final ‘social link’ was taking forever. Although, did it have to be three different links? Could it be just a three level social link? Not even caring anymore, Shi would stare forward with a blank stare as someone entered.
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven

Unforgiven

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Entering the area, I looked up and was taken aback at who it was, since I didn't think I'd meet her again. She was the one from the station, the girl who made little sense to me but I still enjoyed the company. "You are the fortune teller here Shi-san? Fancy meeting you here, never thought you'd be a fortune teller." I said a bit dumbfounded at the discovery. Oh well, it would be an interesting tale here since it would be, as I'm sure she would point out, fate or destiny that they met again. Either way, I was here to see what I would be told as I approached her. "Well either way, mind if I get a reading? How much is it?" I asked as I fished out my wallet from my back pocket.
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:05 pm

“Put your wallet away boy. Now, may your fate be in the cards.” Shi took out her deck of arcana cards, drawing six cards and placing them face down before placing the full deck down to the side. Flipped all the cards over to see what she had drawn:  Justice, Chariot, Empress, Emperor, Hierophant, and Hermit. She looked at the cards and back at the mortal in front of him. The important thing about an arcana reading was to base it off the person you were reading. She then looked back at the cards, pointing to each as she spoke, “Justice, False accusations will be put onto you. Chariot, you are not fully facing the reality of the world. Empress, you have not decided something very important recently. Emperor, you have a tendency to be gullible. Hierophant, you are very vulnerability to the reality of things. Hermit, the period of solitude you've been in is nearing completion.” Shi stared down at the cards, was he going to awaken soon, all of these predictions pointed to an awakening, him denying his shadow. “Well, sorry for the bad stuff, it’s just what I saw as your fate.”

Drawn cards:
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven

Unforgiven

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:26 pm

With the straightforwardness of her response, it startled me a bit but then turned into a dumbfounded expression. Wasn't this a way she got paid or perhaps it was cause she knew me or perhaps something else? Whatever it was, I sighed as I put my wallet away and watched her pull out a deck of cards. Taking six off the top, she laid them down in a row, flipping them after she had put the deck down. Arcana cards were not something I was new too, since I had a friend that had dabbled a little bit into it. However, I knew nothing besides that it was mostly used in fortune telling and all that.

The cards flipped over one by one it seemed, starting with Justice, which was oddly enough my birth arcana, to end with the Hermit one. It was odd seeing the first one, but also funny to me since it was mine. However, the reading was not so much as funny or odd as seeing that pop up. A lot of bad news seemed to pop up, but I had braced myself for that so I took it with a grain of salt. However, the first one made me feel all congested inside, like I couldn't breathe. Who would ever blame me for something? Given who I am and my personality, people would know I couldn't hurt a fly. However, my usual dull expression may say otherwise as I sighed after she was done. "Its fine, just the first one seems weird to me. People who know me know I couldn't harm a fly, and I'm sure my aura I give off certainly says the same thing. But I will have to own up to it when the time comes Shi-san. Anything else you can see for now?" I asked, hoping there would be more good news on the way.

Last edited by Unforgiven on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:46 pm

“If you wish, I shall draw another card.” Shi picked the top one out of the deck, she laid it in the middle of her and the boy. Flipping the card over slowly, she came to face death, her own Arcana. It was strange; does this mean an ending, or a trouble? “Death Arcana…” She stopped herself, looking at the boy and then back at the card. “… you will narrowly avoiding a serious accident. This accident is eminent and will require all the power of your friendships to overcome; you will escape it with any luck. That is all that I can say…” Not keeping any secrets but that was the best thing to say, the boy didn’t seem like he was going to die. He must be a future persona-user. All these cards pointed to one thing.
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven

Unforgiven

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:20 am

Well, my wish did come true for another card as I waited with baited breath, hoping it would be more good fortune. This one was placed closer to me this time, and I wondered which one it would be. As she flipped it over, it seemed almost bad at first, but then again the Death arcana can't be all that bad right? Either way, it may not be as bad as it seems as I looked at Shi, awaiting what she said about it. A horrible prediction came out of her mouth, which I didn't believe at first, but then grew into it.

An accident, and a serious one at that. Would I be facing death? Would I be staring at death soon? I hoped I wouldn't, but I had to ask her a question about this reading, as it disturbed me greatly. "Now when you say a serious accident, do you mean something is going to fall on me or something? Or like something will purposefully head towards me to try and hurt me?" I asked nervously as I hoped she would respond with good news. "Or do you not know Shi-sama? E-E-E-Either way is f-f-fine." I spoke even more nervously, hoping it'd be some decent news. With a smile, I showed it to her hoping it'd get me something good from the deck.
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:08 am

“You will survive, I just can’t tell you want the danger is though…” Shi would take the cards and place them into a pile and putting them off to the side, looking across the table again. “Calm down child, it’s not like my predictions can be actually true. There might be a chance but it’s fine.” Shi would look down at the table, her blank stare still eminent. A light wind blew and her hair flowed with it, but she did not react. Lost in her own thought, Shi would continue thinking about her recently departed home, three social links, or three levels. This would be her third encounter with a human. Could this be her ticket to home? It could be, although second guessing would be to rash. Maybe after this, she would be able to see the Velvet doors again.
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven

Unforgiven

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:47 am

Her reassurance made it a bit better for me at least, a little solace for the road ahead. However, some help would be needed depending on the situation as I'd hope to face this crisis with some others around. However, if I needed to I'd do all I could to overcome this adversity and survive to see another day, or so the prediction says. She kept calling me child though, which kind of rubbed me the wrong way. She looked younger than I was, but looks can be deceiving, so I shrugged it off.

However, her blank stare looking down seemed a bit odd to me and made me worry. Thinking about how to cheer her up, the wind came in, bringing with it an idea to cheer her up. Perhaps she would be into something to eat, or something sweet. Girls liked sweets right? However, I wasn't sure what she was sad about nor if sweets would help. "Umm... Shi-sama would y-y-you like to go get s-something to eat or something? You look... down and I'm worried." I said placing my head on the table underneath her head to stare at her. I had a worried expression, so hopefully she'd say yes so she didn't look or seem so sad.
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:32 am

Shi returned her gaze to the boy after he spoke, “I’m not voracious, so no thank you.” Her eyes would look at her deck, if her predictions were right, she would be ‘home’ today. All thanks to two people, that was, if this worked. Was it almost time for her work hours to end, wasn’t the carnival supposed to end soon? Ahh she just hoped it would, this place was filled with a lot of crap she didn’t want to deal with. The people here infuriated her, she had fully blown up on one of them by accident, messing with Shi was a bad idea, even if she ‘likes’ you, she Will rip you into pieces. “Don’t worry about me child, I’m alright…”
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven

Unforgiven

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:25 am

Her response made me feel a bit down, but in the end it was her choice to accept my offer or not. A sigh escaped my lips as I straightened back up and stretched a little. The carnival was coming to a close for the day soon as noted by the changing time of day. As she spoke about herself being alright, I swiftly bowed to her with a smile. "Yes Shi-sama. Perhaps one day we can have another fateful meeting. Life may have more in store for us though, so I hope our paths do cross again soon though." I said, remembering her words from the station and trying to rephrase what she said. Hopefully we would meet again, she made for interesting company.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:00 am

Shi looked up and waved goodbye to the male before looking forward; where was it? That same velvet door would have to be there right? She had completed her task. Why… Did it have to be three different people? But Shi would look down; she wasn’t really depressed, or disappointed, she was just expecting to have her compendium back, be home back in velvet. The real world had to many colors, there wasn’t enough blue, her real color was really only in the sky but even then, it was a light blue. Her clothes were light blue though. She still doesn’t know why she doesn’t wear velvet. Maybe it was the way Igor pictured her. But either way that door had to appear.

The one who governs power, Elizabeth-san had told her about that. She never really understood it even though for a short while, she was one. Would they even accept her now? Was something wrong… I might be what she did in the past, but she wanted to make up for that. She already knew a persona-user. In the past week, she had learned to understand the real world, how things really worked, how people really acted. In learning this, Shi has realized her true purpose. Sure she can make her existence what she wants, or neglect her ditties like Elizabeth, but maybe sticking around would be better for her, if she ever got back. Looking up to the sky, Shi closed her eyes “I understand…”

[End]
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:37 am

Shi has established a rank 2 Social Link with Nanashii of the Justice Arcana...

Nanashii has established a rank 2 Social Link with Shi of the Death Arcana...

User's can now protect each other from one attack in battle and take fifty percent damage..
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Does It Hold?(Shi)   What Does It Hold?(Shi) Empty

Back to top Go down

What Does It Hold?(Shi)
Page 1 of 1