Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Only Time Will Tell

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:01 am

Mae drew a sigh of relief. At least it would go over with time... Now, there was something else she needed to talk about... "So... What are you doing out here, at this hour?" Well, since it was Sharaku she was asking, it could be anything, really. She awaited his response, expecting him to either stay silent, or deny her that knowledge. If he did either of the two, she wouldn't push the matter further. It was up to him after all...

"I guess not... But it's just nice to know at least. Their names, and whatnot. I might be searching for them for my entire life, and still not find them. The world is massive. But that doesn't mean I'll give up." She chuckled lightly. "I'm not bad off, right now, no. I suppose it's more for a sake of completeness that I'm doing this... It's not like they define who I am. I just want to see them... at least once." Her voice died down slowly, as she looked down on her opened hand. "My friends are still important to me, don't get me wrong... This is more of a personal journey of mine..." Hopefully it would come to an end soon enough, but that chance was slim. Once this was all over, the girl had plans on taking a DNA test, to see who she was looking for exactly...

"I suppose so... I really shouldn't bother you with this. It's up to me to figure this out." She smiled faintly. "Well... Aside from the whole coughing up blood thing, how are you holding up?" Mae asked, standing up. "Oh... It's nothing really. I was just curious is all. Eheh..." Well... Once the situation got a little better, perhaps she should bring up Charles...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Sharaku was honestly tempted to just answer 'nothing.' Technically speaking, it wasn't even far from the truth. He was doing next to nothing here, and his reasons were his own besides that. He definitely did not want to answer more than that. Lest he'd risk more concern being dumped onto him, and that was the last thing he was in the mood for right now. He was just about done with that at the point where she tried to antagonize him over not accepting help. He didn't take things like that well, and it sure made him lose interest in any more of a similar kind. ''Thinking.'', he would answer eventually, leaving it at a one-word response.

He would listen to her silently for a while. For a moment it looked like he was going to comment on something, but decided to just bite his tongue. He could have, but he did not want to dvelve into more emotional whatevers. Besides, he'd bet she would just feel bad if he pointed out some things. No thanks. He had enough dealing with his own problems most of the time. And he still wasn't completely past the fact that the whole scene turned out to just be about her issues, after she impolitely listened on him with the purpose of being helpful. Which never really happened. Instead he had to listen to her and take care of her mental breakdowns, since she couldn't take it when he told her the truth, pretty much. Guess that is the donwside of telling things without sugarcoating them, but that didn't mean he had to like it when he got stuff he didn't really need to know thrown at him as a result. He wasn't people's therapist afterall. If that is what they wanted, then they should probably start charging him money soon. He would shrug a bit. ''If you say so.''

''I'm fine.'' He already said that a few times in this whole conversation. In any case, it seemed he was down to being not very talkative right now.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:13 am

"Well... I suppose I was out here for the same reason really... I have a lot on my mind which needs to be sorted out... The whole deal with Charles especially." A lot of what the two had gone through was rushing though the girl's head Mae... He seemed different than normal. Mae couldn't exactly put her finger on what though... "There's a lot of other things too... I'm not sure I should be talking about my problems though... I've done enough of that." Well... Was there much else she could do right now? "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have yelled at you like that..." She bit her own lip... "..." She fell silent after that, looking at her own shoes again. "I just have so much on my mind right now... I honestly don't know what to think anymore... I've talked to Charles... We've gone over our problems, and we've settled things... I suppose I should thank you for that. Getting my mind on the right track... But there's something strange about him. He seems hesitant. I dunno why, but it feels like he doesn't think he's worthy of me or something." Well, there. She said it. Hopefully he didn't mind talking about this.

"This... wasn't really what I had in mind..." She stood up, looking back to the path from where she came... "I'm not wanted or needed here right now... I should just go." She would then turn her back on him, waiting for any last words on his end... At least he was doing "Fine"... Sharaku was probably better off being left alone for now... Or talking to someone who he knew better... Feeling inadequate was painful, but it was something she was used to by now. "..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:48 am

Sharaku would raise an eyebrow flatly. She was still thinking about that? Well, technically it hadn't been that long since then yet, no, but was it really worth it to waste so much thought on a person? Of course, depends on your relationship with them, but still, excessive worry won't help you much. All it does is occupy your mind and wreak havoc there. ''You're still on that?'', he'd ask, though not really with much intention of getting an actual answer. He would shrug at the yell matter. Like it was any new that people get upset at him over what they assumed from his words and actions. Same old. ''I don't really mind. I get that a lot anyway.'' You get used to some things eventually, whether you like them or not.

He would stare at her blankly for a moment when she spoke about Charles. Really now? Well, she sure gave an impression with the way she went back and forth on what she wanted. ''Don't thank me for that.'', he would state in a somewhat dry tone. ''I don't believe you know what you want for real, if you want my opinion. You latch onto people quite easily, don't you? You were with him first, then jumped after me the moment something went wrong. And since it wasn't working out, you ran over back to your old boyfriend already. I'm surprised you forgave him so easily, with how upset and all you were over the whole deal not so long ago. You give the impression of being very easy to get, you know? It seems to me that all you really want is someone that will make you feel like you're needed and useful.'' He'd bet Charles would have no problem acting cutesy and clueless, and claim he hadn't really meant it and still loves her and all. From what he knew about the android, it was surely possible. The guy was rather childlike in certain ways. And he could see why would she bite the hook in the face of something akin to that. No offense. ''And I could think of several reasons why he'd act like that, but it's your life, so figure it out yourself, among other things.'' The guy was a robot. That alone brought up a few questions when it came to dating a human. And a few other minor things. Then again, he didn't know Charles inside out, so he would leave it at that. Nor was it really his problem in the end.

He would give her a somewhat amused smile. ''I figure it wasn't. And that is what you think. If you let everything even remotely negative make you feel like you're worthless, then yes, you will be. I am not the type of person to be sweet when I have no need to. In case you have really low self esteem, then you might want to be careful with me.'', he would remark, sort of explaining. In case she cared about that. He tended to be harsh with his ways even when he meant good in the end. That did not mix well with people that took it personally and thought he thought ill of them.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 8:28 am

"It's more recent, Sharaku..." She looked away, kicking up some sand. "I'm not dwelling on how he left me anymore... It's just what he told me when I met up with him... He said he had left his door unlocked, just in case of something... I can't say for certain, but... I think he was waiting... No... hoping for me to come back." And that she did... Took her a while though... "It was rather uncalled for... I didn't have any right to snap at you like that. I dunno what came over me..." The girl said in a somewhat pitiful tone of voice... She felt guilty about it, no doubt... But sometimes, you just had to get it out...

Mae froze in place when Sharaku spoke up... Everything he said about her there was true... She didn't know what she wanted. She latched onto people easily because she wanted to feel needed... Useful... Loved... Regardless of who it was... She wanted all of that... Tears begun rolling down her cheeks again, dropping down on the sand below... She was shivering, but not because of the chill in the air. Sharaku had exposed Mae for who she truly was right then and there... He knew her better than anyone else. Even Kinaku and Ayane, who she had known for years, had yet to see this side of her... And Sharaku, who she had known for less than a year had found it out so easily... "Y-Y-Yes, Sharaku..." She wasn't even trying to hold back anything anymore... "Y-You're *Sniffle* right... All I want is to be needed... I want to be useful to someone else... T-The reason *Sniffle* why I did what I did was because of that... I thought that I was doing more harm to Charles than I was being helpful... And so... In a desperate a-attempt to feel needed, I... I..." That was the breaking point for the poor girl. She fell on her knees, weeping loudly... It was really a pitiful scene to behold, but that was what Mae really was... She was this insecure, little girl who clung to others for acceptance, like a parasite... And she felt bad for it.

"I-I wanted to hide from the fact I hurt him... I felt so bad for everything that I had done... to both of you... I-I've been selfish and unfair to the both of you!"

Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 Image
She felt trapped... Suffocated by the fact that her entire being was laid bare for Sharaku to see... Her deepest secret had been revealed, and as a result, she broke down completely... It was up to Sharaku whether or not he wanted to deal with all this...

"Y-You think he's decieving me...?" She would ask eventually, still shivering, and on her knees... It was hard to believe... She refused to believe it... but she couldn't deny the possibility either... And Charles probably wouldn't tell her about it even if she asked... Only time would tell whether or not he was being honest...

She remained silent after that, sobbing quietly... "Y-You've seen it all now... Everything that I... tried so desperately to keep a secret... I kept denying it... Telling myself that I was doing this soley to help others feel better... While in reality, I was only doing it to make myself feel better... Because... I really don't have a purpose... I've tried to find one... I really have... *Sniffle* And yet... I c-can't find anything..." Her voice sounded hollow at this point, as she looked at the wet sand below her face with a tormented expression... Qilin remained silent... She knew that Mae needed to go through this herself... She needed to face these things... She needed to face herself.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 12:07 pm

''And....?'' Frankly, it made sense only half way. ''If he truly hoped you two could be together, why did he just wait? He could have sought you out himself, was that really what he wanted, instead of leaving his door open for basically anyone who felt like it. Or were both of you that big of cowards that you just waited around hoping the answer would come on its own?'' He saw no point in that. The only thing leaving your door unlocked meant was that you were risking letting yourself get robbed or something. You can't just hope things will come to you while you sit and mull over the possibilities. Assuming Mae's assumptions were even right. There are plenty reasons why someone could want their door not locked. Most of them were lame, yes, but they were there. He would roll his eyes. ''Did I ever say that? Don't make me believe I can make you apologize for everything and anything just by acting like you messed up. That's not even entertaining.'' Really, it was getting old how she was basically sorry for everything when it went a bit bad. Or seemed to, at least. Have some backbone if nothing else. Because he seriously felt like he could just go and convince her her whole existence was wrong or something.

He would frown. Was she really that hopeless? You can't always feel bad about everything that happens. Sometimes, other people are at fault too. ''Listen to yourself for a moment. Wasn't the original problem that he left you and ran away without a word, just because you chose to not be a liar? Pray tell, why do you believe you are the one that is hurting him all of a sudden? What exactly do you think you did to him anyway? If he was really all that devastated, then he would have done something about it. Seek you out, or anything meaningful. But he just sat on his butt and waited, despite him being the one that left you. Regardless of the details, I'd say he is more to blame than you. Assuming he had a reason for ditching you, he could have come after you when he calmed down and explained. But seeing how you had to be the one to seek him, guess he didn't care enough.'', he would state, crossing his arms over his chest briefly. ''You're not helping yourself. If you keep believing you are always the one in the wrong, then you just look pitiful. No one needs a companion that wallows in self pity. You're asking for exactly the opposite of what you claim to want. If you can't even believe in yourself, don't think many people will want to sincerely believe in you once they get to know you enough to see.'', he would sigh a bit as he stepped closer to her. ''Not even I would want someone that has little to no confidence in their own actions standing by me.'' Harsh? Maybe, but it was the truth.

He would snort. ''I don't know, really. But he may be hiding something from you. He can't be all that eager to be with you if he made no move to find you until you crawled back to him yourself. I just suggest that you don't take things without thinking about what they mean first. Otherwise, you may be the one that ends up hurt the most of everyone.'' Everyone was capable of lying afterall. There was no saying Charles wasn't, and he could see it as a possibility with the way things went. Well, from what he heard at least. The rest is just deduction.

He would stare at her for a bit, before striding forwards, and attempting to pull her up off the ground. Even with force, if he had to. ''Think. What exactly it is that you need to feel better about so desperately? Look around. Don't you have a family, friends and a place to stay at? That's more than many other people can even ask for. If you choose to feel so bad about yourself the way you are now, what would you have done if you were homeless and alone? There are those that deal with things like that, and trust me, it's not fun. You should consider being happy for what you have first. Then you can think about what the future may entail, and how you can improve it. With a clear head, instead of just being desperate for something. It's not like you don't have anything now.'' Perhaps he was a bit brash when it came to his style of speech, but that was the only way he knew how. Trying to be considerate about every word he used, and all never worked for him. In the end, it all mattered on how the opposite side took his actions anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 12:47 pm

"...I suppose so... I actually don't know why... It might've been the fact that the both of us thought one didn't want to see the other again after what happened..." Mae sighed. "I just don't want things to get any worse, you know...?" She fell silent at his next statement, hesitant to give an answer... Mae was quick to apologize yes, but there was an underlying reason for it. "I suppose I am pretty quick to apologize..." She needed to get better on that... In due time.

"I..." She sobbed, looking up at the stars above them... Why was there always this doubt in her mind... That what she was doing was wrong...? Here Sharaku was, trying to help her getting her act together... despite of what she had done... Charles wasn't like this... Sure, he cared about her, but this was... different... Sharaku was blunt in the way he went about it yes, but right now, sugarcoating things wouldn't make things better. He was being brutally honest... Which Mae actually would come to apprechiate later on... "S-Sharaku..." The girl whispered to herself... It was in moments like these where she really started to wonder if she had made the right call when it came to giving Charles a second chance... Although, Sharaku was a true friend, standing up for her like this...

"A-Alright... I'll keep that in mind..." Would Charles really do that? Was there someone else he had met which he liked more, but honestly didn't have the courage to tell Mae about? Well, if there was, Mae wasn't going to judge him on that... As she had gone behind his back with Sharaku... Which was a mistake, but one she didn't actually regret. Because during those moments she had spent with him, Mae had truly felt alive...

When Mae felt Sharaku's touch, she stiffened up a bit, but she would let herself be pulled up to her feet. She looked truly miserable. All she did was standing there, crying against his chest. She would stay like this for a while, listening to what he was saying. Friends, family, a home... All of those she had... "T-Thank you..." was all that she could muster saying... Whatever Sharaku decided to do, Mae would remain limp for a while, not moving an inch from where she was now... All that she had wanted before this was acceptance... Now... what did she really want with her life?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:44 pm

''So then, it's a lack of communication on both sides. To begin with, at least. You two don't seem like you were very commited to each other before it happened. Otherwise you wouldn't both be so afraid to even face each other the moment a problem arose. A relationship is about dealing with both the good and bad. It will never flow smoothly forever, no matter who you are with.'' That was just an observation though. But he couldn't see her relationships lasting long if she would actually make a habit out of this, and be too scared to face a problem. Because there will always be some, no matter what. No two people are the same, so differences in thinking will show up in some way. And she can't just run from person to person each time it gets stuck somehow, because she automatically feels bad about it. Either be willing to work on a relationship even when it's a bit rocky, or don't waste the other person's time when you know you'll just hold back.

Sans that, he would stay pretty much quiet. He was capable of speaking up, but only when he had a point to make, or some reason behind doing it. Otherwise, he wasn't much of a talker. He prefered to observe and listen, saying something when it was actually necessary or was worth his time. A lack of meaningful response tended to only have two outcomes. Either he would point out the sudden silence, sometimes even as far as taunting the person about a cat getting their tongue, or he'd simply stay silent too. And he honestly had little to say right now anyway, so the latter option it was.

Nor did he really feel up to it at the moment. He hadn't been lying about being fine, as he would most likely be fine long-term, but he was a bit on and off right now. Getting all assertive like that did not help him much. Still, he could only blame himself for that one. He never needed to actually humor her in any way. But that was his downfall. No matter how annoyed he could get with people sticking their issues into his face, he would almost never walk away for real. It was always just a threat, if even. It took a lot of bullshit for him to end up really ignoring someone.

Regardless of what happened though, now is now. He would simply stand still, letting her cry or whatever she wanted to do. He was feeling too lightheaded to bother trying something. He just hoped she wouldn't lean on him too hard, otherwise she'd risk that they fall over. That would probably not be nice.

Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 Tu2gB0f

''....''
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 7:39 am

"Maybe so... Ugh. And I thought we had things figured out finally. Guess not." Mae frowned. Things always had to be so needlessly complicated when it came to this stuff... Well, part of it was her fault technically, for not facing him sooner, but... at least she wasn't the only one... Had they only been braver, then maybe things would've been different. "Well... I'm not sure how I'll go about this. I'll figure something out though! Hopefully..." Where there was a will, there was a way, no?

"G-Geez Mae... Stop crying would you?" She would eventually say, trying to force a smile. She had to stay strong... Not for anyone else, but for herself. Standing up on her own two feet, instead of living by relying soley on others. She didn't blame Sharaku for staying silent at a time like this either... "I'll stay strong... So that one day, I can look back on what I've accomplished with pride." She wiped her own tears on her sleeve, before moving away from Sharaku. "You're a really good friend, you know that? Dealing with my personal ramblings like this... It'll stop today though. I'll stand on my own, and be proud of who I am." Her face was filled with determination. She wasn't going to give up on this, regardless of what happened... "If we end up talking like this ever again, feel free to slap some sense into me, okay?" She said with a light laugh, but despite that, he could tell that she was actually serious. "I can't let myself dwindle like this anymore. I have to move on..." Well, now she owed him a favor. Again... Oh well.

Mae would eventually go to sit down on one of the swings again. "Well... That's basically everything that was troubling me... You know, aside from the fact that the world is ending, but we can stop that from happening, no?" She had no idea where this sudden surge of confidence was coming from, but it was a welcome change. Now, Sharaku obviously had a reason for coming here. Whether or not he would actually be willing to talk about it with Mae was a different matter entirely. If he wanted to be alone for the rest of the night, Mae would let him have that and leave with a: "Good night, Sharaku. Don't stay out for too long, or you'll catch a cold, okay?". If not, she would listen to him quietly... She owed him at least this much. Sharaku had been listening to her rants and woes for a long while now... It would be selfish to deny him a chance to do the same if he actually wanted to...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 8:15 am

''That is up to you, yes. I don't run your life.'' While he did like being in control, he wasn't concerned with just about everything that was. As long as it wouldn't end up affecting him in the long run, it technically had nothing to do with him. Nor did he really like Charles all that much, aside from having met him a few times. Out of which all were just by coincidence. Therefore, it was not his problem unless it was brought and he had to participate somehow.

He would just stand there, not really doing all that much. Although, it seemed he was at least mostly listening to what she was saying. ''I deal with whatever is put in front of me. That's what I always do...'', he'd say in a sort of mutter. At least proving he wasn't completely spaced out, if nothing else. ''Hm...'' He wasn't really a fan of doing this, however. He could definitely 'throw a bucket of cold water' at people when it came down to a confrontation of any kind, but it was not his prefered activity to do when socializing. He liked discussions that had some meaning, but those that inched towards arguments were mentally draining. On top of the fact that he was not the most outgoing and talkative person on earth.

''Maybe, yes.....'', he would comment, trailing off. Would they save the world? That was the jackpot question. And there was no answer. They could hope, but there was never a guarantee that nothing would mess up for them. He wasn't really thinking about it too much right now, though. As a matter of fact, he probably looked like he was going to faint any moment. It was honestly up to her as to what she would do. He wouldn't stop her if she chose to leave or anything like that.

''.............''
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 8:45 am

Mae nodded in response. It was her problem, not his... And hopefully it would stay that way. She didn't want to drag him into something that could potentially end in a conflict. No way. It was far too risky, and frankly unnecessary for him to become involved. "Yeah... And I don't want you getting involved in this..." She bit her own lip lightly. As to how she was going to keep Sharaku away from discussions with Charles was anyone's guess.

"Ever the humble guy, huh?" Mae said with a warm smile. "A lot of the guys back in my class in Japan could learn a thing or two from you, hehe." Whether it was intentional on his part or not, Mae didn't care. He didn't take the credit for helping her out of this mess. For as long as Mae had known him, Sharaku had never seemed to be the kind of guy who enjoyed being the center of attention... Perhaps it was a by-product of the way he was raised, being always on the run... Well, it was an admirable trait. He could be a bit less closed off, but... perhaps that was something he was always going to be... Nor was it something that Mae really wanted to change...

Mae turned to face Sharaku for the last time that night, smiling at him happily. That smile was quickly wiped away from her face however... Sharaku was not doing well at all. In fact, he looked as if he was about to pass out on the spot. "S-Sharaku? A-Are you okay? You don't look so good..." Mae asked with a trembling voice, as she quickly ran back to him, reaching up, trying to place her palm on his forehead, almost forcibly, checking for a fever or something... This wasn't good at all... What if she had left him there, and he had passed out? No! Better not think about it! Right now, she should make sure that he was indeed okay... Something was clearly wrong. No way he could hide this from her any longer.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Good. Because he probably wouldn't even be much of a help if he ever ended up in the middle of those two for some reason. Charles was far from the kind of guy he had a lot of fun dealing with when it came to serious matters, and coupling that with Mae was just a recipe for disaster. No thanks. He'd rather pass that opportunity. He didn't do relationship therapy for people. That would be way too ironic, seeing as he himself didn't even have a working one as of yet. But theory and actual application were different, so maybe that's why. Plus unexpected differences between people.

''Don't know...''
, he would respond simply. It wasn't that straightforwards of an answer. It really depended on the type of thing he did. There was no point in taking credit for things that wouldn't benefit him regardless. It would just grab him more attention, which wasn't what he chased after. He would sometimes stake claim on what he had done, but that was in cases where it meant something in the long run, or was at least useful to him in some way or form. Not like he was going to get anything from being a mental help to someone at a random nighttime. Stuff like that, he generally tended to let flow past him. It was both easier and better that way. Even though he would not forget what had happened, whether he acknowledged it or not.

He would look at her with a frown, doing his best to focus when she turned back around. Well, he wasn't really a happy camper now. There was no use for her to be dotting over him, really. It would do nothing, and he wasn't that badly off. And in case he would manage to actually pass out, that would only mean he'd be taking a nap. For a while. And he had no real problem with that. It was night anyway. The only out of place factor was that...he was outside. Yet, he didn't really care about that. It's not like it would be the first time. ''I'm...fine. Just a bit dizzy.'', he'd mutter, attempting to bat her hand away. He wasn't a little kid. Nor would she really find anything wrong by accomplishing that move anyway. In any case, he was still standing for now.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 6:04 am

"Maybe?" She would say with a light chuckle. She would never really understand how he worked, and she accepted that. Some things you were just not meant to get or understand fully. As long as he wasn't being a complete jerk for no reason, Mae really wouldn't have a problem with him, or anyone else for that matter. Don't be a jerk and you won't be treated like one. It was that simple really.

"...You sure...?" Mae asked with a worried frown on her face. In some ways, he was just like Jack... Okay, maybe that was a bit too big of a stretch, but the two had their similiarities when it came to this stuff... Pride, and all that. At least, that's what she assumed him to be acting off of. But she had been wrong before, and Mae never claimed to be the best people person ever. But the tought of him passing out on the street just wasn't right to her... What if that... person who had been hunting people like him showed up again while he was unconscious? Granted, he probably wasn't safe even in his apartment if that lady decided to strike again, but... at least he would be somewhat safer from everything else... "You have to take care of yourself alright...?" He really was quite stubborn... She almost felt like sticking around, just in case something did indeed happen to him... but... at the same time, she had a feeling that Sharaku needed some time on his own too... Leaving him in his current condition however didn't exactly make Mae feel any better... If he actually passed out, she would end up feeling guilty over it...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:48 am

''Maybe.'' Something. He was kind of losing the train of thought this talk was following by now, so that was the best possible answer he could come up with. He honestly wasn't sure what was he even answering to right now. Did it matter though?

Hm? He was pretty sure, yes. He wasn't really as bad off as he may be giving the impression of. Looks can be deceiving afterall. Then again, she wouldn't know that. And there wasn't really a way for him to explain, even if he wanted to. It would take too long, and she probably wouldn't understand anyway. It was best to not complicate the matters even more. If he told her anything, and she didn't really understand, it would end all the same. She would just keep being worried, with the added fact of some weird stuff, which would most likely only make her side of perspective worse than it is now. No good. ''Yes, I am sure.'', he would answer after a few moments of thought, his tone more steady this time. It seemed that he was sort of alternating between being fine, and a bit less fine. Up and down.

Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 Nc4MdWG

''I am aware of that. But I know what I'm doing.''
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 9:06 am

Mae looked at Sharaku with a raised eyebrow. He really was going back and forth between saying he was doing fine, and not looking too good at all... Maybe he was just saying things to keep her from worrying too much, or maybe she just wouldn't understand his current predicament, but if the latter was the case, how was he supposed to know that she wouldn't get it without trying? Well, since she now was here, and leaving now felt a bit... weird, perhaps a change of subject was due... "If you say so..." She'd answer with a frown, twiddling her thumbs. Yeah, his stubborn nature wasn't helping... Hopefully he had things under control. Now... About that change of subject...

"So... Just out of curiosity..." Mae began, tapping her chin lightly with her left index finger, looking up at the sky, as if in deep thought... "Why here, of all places?" It was a rather... interesting choice of location for the purpose of leaning back and contemplate things... But hey, at least it was better than the busy streets of San Malarus... But if he had really wanted solitude for this, his appartment would've been a much better choice. But oh well... "I mean, there's nothing wrong with a park, but... why?" Well, at least there were plenty of places to sit down...

Looking at things now, it was really hard to forget the moments they had shared together in the past, and a part of her still missed what they had. But the girl knew that she just wasn't ready for someone like Sharaku yet. And whatever was going on with Charles wasn't too great either... Perhaps one day, she could give something serious with Sharaku an honest shot, and not the half-assed attempt she had pulled earlier. Right now, she was just happy that he didn't resent her for it. And even if he did, Sharaku sure didn't show it at all...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Only Time Will Tell
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next