Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 2:53 am

OOC:
Spoiler:
Remember those old Kung Fu Movies? Something like That! XD And writers block happens sometimes, I’m just doing my best to entertain you guys before you start to feel it dragging out. Just go with the flow or make something up  ^_^

Everyone didn’t seem too talkative after a while, Hyde wondered if it was him. While he dwelled on that small thought of what his friends thought of him, he continued to cross the bridge very carefully. At the very most, Hyde decided to reply to Ash’s comment about the layout of the land. “You know that lion king movie? There was a saying that if we die, we become the grass. And then the antelope eat the grass, the circle of life. For some validation, we would all go back to that…eventually… or whatever you two respectfully believe when it comes to that. However, those conversations tend to get a little messy. Hyde can be clueless at times, but he knew where not to tread. Or at least, he felt as if he knew where he shouldn’t be treading.  After getting across, hyde would  then reach into his bag and take out a banana. “Well, I guess it’s time for a small break. This area is pretty new to me, but I think th-“

Hyde’s speech was pretty much cut off from what he saw In this next tree house. It had plenty of things to take into account. One of the most notable things was a skeleton. “Well this is pretty cool. Guess what boys? Looks like we found ourselves a dead body, but I think this person has been dead way before our time. It’s a safe bet at least…..” Hyde took another bite of his banana as he crouched down to examine the skeleton a little more. “ Hey Raku, Ash….You think that museum back in town would credit us for finding this? I don’t even know the gender, or if it’s even a person. I wouldn't go as far as to say Nobel piece prize, but that is a fancy claim to put on a job resume “
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 4:55 pm

What a speedy change of topic. They hadn't even finished crossing the bridge yet, and the conversation already turned to plantlife and life cycles. How did that come to be sort of escaped Sharaku, but he had no other choice than to go with the flow for now. ''That is in a way true, although I have no idea why would you want to think about becoming grass right now. Considering where we are, I'm not sure how appropriate that topic is, unless you'd actually want to stay here much longer than neccessary.'' Okay, that maybe wasn't the best thing to say, but it was the only thing that came to his mind when Hyde talked in that way. Maybe he should try to focus on more happy things, like....uhh, scratch that, this was good enough.

When Hyde stopped to take out a banana, he wouldn't say anything, because generally, talking about bananas never ended on a safe side...right, never mind. Hyde excitedly jumped onto something else soon anyway. Skeletons now, really? 'Okay...?' As if this trip wasn't ridiculous enough already. ''.....I don't think many jobs would take something like that into consideration, even if.'' Unless Hyde wanted to work at a graveyard or anything of the like, he doubted putting this on a job resume would be of any actual help. Speaking of which, this was weird in the first place. ''Do you think it would be worth the bother either way? If it was something important someone would have already. I mean, I don't think we're the first people to look around this place.'' Well, there was that. And then there was the fact he didn't feel like getting into messy stuff like this. Thanks, but he didn't find it worth the risk. Not for him anyway.
Back to top Go down
Karsu

Karsu

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 6:43 pm

{OOC: lol "Incoming wall of Blue text, Fox!"}

| Oh, that American Animated movie? |   Akashida made a wry smile and kept on walking. That reminded him of the time when his mother was still alive. | She'd show various...Disney movies. | When he reached the other side of the bridge, Karsu started to look back. Akashida then heard "Well this is pretty cool." Akashida turned and he saw a dead body. Actually, more like skeleton. Akashida was scared until he saw a banana in Hyde's mouth. | Oh that's hilarious. He can climb well and... oh jeez. | He tried to suppress his laugh as discreet as he can be.

{OOC: New edit here:}

"Well crap, Hyde. I don't know." Akashida examined the body a bit more like an investagator. "Does this body have any significance to the history of these islands?" He then looked around the room. It was filled with wooden furniture and baskets. There was pottery but some of it was broken on the floor.

Last edited by Karsu on Thu May 22, 2014 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 Lagi-10

Hyde was a bit surprised as to what Ash just said. No really, it sounded like a bunch of stuff that was completely out of his area. “Wow, I’m a little shocked here. Maybe we should stay a little longer….wasn’t expecting us to start playing detective. Sounds like a fun turn of events. ” Hyde’s words were a little muffled due to the fact that he had a banana in his mouth, but the words were easy to make out.  Hyde then finished his banana and started pealing another one. “That’s up to Raku, it doesn’t look like hes too enthusiastic about this. But a murder mystery does sound like something even more than I hoped for when I came here. “ Hyde thought for a little bit about what Raku said and what Ash said. “Starting with Raku, there are plenty of people that can’t even climb a tree around these parts. To be honest, the bridges are rocky and this is a dangerous area in general. For the few people that tried, they might have sustained serious injuries. Looking back at the bridge we just crossed, having a very good look at it…. Its not the most logical thing to be crossing it. But we did,  we got this far and there is plenty of other places of this entire treehouse complex that we haven’t seen. At the very most, let’s just say that we got lucky. But the situation kind of changes if it’s been only a year since someone died here.  This could be a missing person whose family still thinks they’re alive,  maybe we should look around at least? Playing along wouldn’t hurt…. We might find something fun. “

Now Hyde starts to think a little bit about what Ash just said. “Ash,  I’m pretty sure that we are no medical experts. I mean, I can speak for myself. I don’t know what your major is; you could be a medical student. Why are you so sure that it’s been killed by something? “
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 8:28 am

'..the what now?' Needless to say, Sharaku was epically confused about what Akashida was suddenly rambling about. Okay, maybe not that badly. He did get the part animals eating people and the like, but the game reference was out of his reach. Just what kind of stuff did people play these days? Maybe it was better that he stayed with the simpler stuff, like cards for example. Either way...''I do see your point, I just didn't want to get into unneccessary trouble. Playing detectives may sound fun, but I wouldn't take it too far. Just saying. If you really want to go with this, then at least be careful of what you do.'' Hyde was being a bit too enthusiastic with this, and honestly, Sharaku did not want to take responsibility if Hyde messed something up. He was the oldest one here, and would probably have to deal with it if something happened. Not exactly the most pleasant thing he could imagine.

He was willing to play along, but only up to a certain point. There was no need to dig in too deep, and he hoped they weren't going to do just that. Besides, some things are better left unanswered. Truth is not always pretty, that he knew, even though he wasn't the type to lie himself. ''I think it is possible that something killed it. There aren't many other options after all. Unless they were stupid enough to get fatal injuries here. Sure, it's possible to get hurt here, but that badly? Would have to be quite the bad luck.'', he would say, shrugging. He didn't want to get involved much, but he figured they were going to fuss around it anyway, so he might as well say something.
Back to top Go down
Karsu

Karsu

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:43 pm

{OOC: You guys don't mind this gets even more dark right? Don't worry, I certainly won't bring any of our characters into danger. We'll just get so scared that we'll just run away and report this incident to the police. If you guys don't want to do this, you can say the word and we'll do something else.}

Akashida put on his headlamp and looked in and around the skeleton. "Well...like you guys said. There are not alot of people who can climb trees and there are not a lot of options of how this guy got killed." The skeleton looked old (Again, almost like it's been years) and there wasn't any broken bones at all. There were no signs of a stabbing and... Akashida sighed and muttered to himself (Almost loud) "Crap...nothing..." The only thing worth mentioning is that the body was face down, head towards the bridge

Akashida hoped there would be a bullet in the body but he didn't find anything. However, he did notice the floor out of all things.  He then walked around the room looking for clues.

"Don't worry, I just want to know how or why this guy got killed. And Hyde, I'm not a medical student."

In the room, there was a lot of wooden furniture and baskets. There were also small clay pots. The room itself was big for a tree house, almost the size of a classroom. Again, there were more wooden spikes in a corner.

"Again, I just learned this stuff in a game. Wait, Hyde, I thought I told you I'm a first ye-"

However, that corner seemed to have a ladder built into a wall. | That ladder... |

He noticed a trend on the floor near the skeleton and the area near the ladder.

The trend::

"Guys. There's a second story to this house. And do you all see the wood near the body and the ladder?" Akashida pointed at the wood near the body and the corner. "It's stained and discolored with the rest of the wood."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:22 pm

“Hmm…” Hyde nodded as he paid attention to Ash’s analysis about the second floor. “Well, it seemed to me that you played a lot of heavy rain. I heard that was a good detective game; there was this one female that was trying to find some serial killer. She ended up being trapped in the serial killers house when he came home early, it was pretty intense.” Hyde then scratched his head and looked over to the cabinets. ”While you try to find a way to that second level, I’ll start looking through these cabinets. Maybe there’s something we missed. “Hyde started opening each cabinet and closing it, some of them
had weird things inside. Most of them looked like something that you would see in an old nurses office. “Hey Raku, come here for a sec…. is that what I think it is?”

Inside this particular cabinet was a bunch of old medical tools. Whatever that was on them looked like rust, or something similar to dried up blood. “It definitely looks like something you would see in an old horror film, what do you think this was used for anyway.” Hyde wasn’t really grasping the big picture, but there was a small pot next to the supplies. “Hmm?” Hyde then picks it up and looks in the jar. After smelling the contents inside, he quickly puts it down. Hyde had a small coughing fit for a few seconds. “Yep, those are herbs from the island alright. I wonder what they were trying to make with this stuff? The agriculture that grows around Lumpana island is said to have a bunch of mystical mojo jojo. I didn’t really believe it myself, but it does smell funny. I wonder what it does…..” Hyde was pondering this particular jar over the suspicious blood rusted tools he found in the cabinet. However, it might have some relevance as well.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Oh dear why. This wasn't going in a nice direction at all. For the love of God, Sharaku couldn't understand just why were those two so hyped up about investigating a mystery. What good could come out of that? Getting into something you don't know only brought trouble, and he had no need for any more of that for at least one lifetime. He would listen to the talk, but make no move when the two looked around the place, simply watching them go about their business. Until Hyde called on him. ''What now...'', he would mutter under his breath, before giving a sigh and walking over to the redhead who was leaning over some cabinets at that moment.

''Well, what would you think this was used for?'', he would ask, half sarcastically, rolling his golden eyes a little at Hyde's wondering. Really. He wasn't the biggest smartass on the planet, but there were only certain things medical tools could be useful for, and when you put the current situation into the picture, there weren't many possible results either. When the redhead went to pick up and smell some kind of jar, he had half the mind to tell Hyde not to, but it wasn't like the teen would listen anyway. At least Sharaku was pretty sure of that. An impromptu coughing fit later, Hyde was rambling about herbs this time. ''Just please, don't go trying it out. I'm not saving you if you poison yourself.'', he would say, trying his best to not sound annoyed. What was this, kids' playground? Sure, go pick up random stuff, it's totally legit and not dangerous at all. 'I am going to get a nasty headache from this...' This was so lame it hurt. He couldn't even bring himself to be scared or anything of the like. More so, he was starting to be worried about possible mental damage here. There was only so much he could take in one go. Eyeing the ladder suspiciously, he only hoped there wasn't anything up there that could make this go down the drain even more. ''The only thing we need now is for the skeleton to start moving by itself...'' Like seriously, that would be a good cherry on the top right now. And maybe it would actually succeed in scaring those two off. 'This is it...I'm officially insane now...'
Back to top Go down
Karsu

Karsu

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:56 pm

{OOC: I had a lot of pictures I wanted to share, I decided to put them as links to make my post easier to read. lol }

"Hyde, don't breathe that. What if it's an Anesth-" Hyde sniffed the the pot anyways. Akashida sighed. | Well now, medical tools... | "Hyde, there are old medical tools, a blood trail, and a... never mind..." Akashida sighed again. "Guys, I'm heading up. If I say run, run." Akashida walked up the ladder, took a deep breath, and climbed up. | Oh god. Why in the holy...mother-of-god...Why did I decide to do this? Oh well, No time to turn back now.| Akashida looked up to the next room.

The room was dark and had signs of a shrine built there. There were wooden plates with unlit,  candles and there was... a totem?
http://www.freshcharacters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/wood_totem_madl_1.jpg

It was sitting at the center of the farthest wall with that same wall having a painting that looked like this: http://www.jessicaldesign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/cave-paintings_13_v2.jpg

{OOC: That tall figure with 4 legs. Ignore everything else...}

And that main painting was surrounded by this: http://donsmaps.com/images26/castillohandstencil.jpg

He looked at the dimly lit room to see if there was anyone there. In the furthest corner, there were small cages filled with bones and cobwebs. The floor itself had a demonic blood-drawn circle with a skeleton on it, almost like a religious sacrifice.

http://xaonon.dyndns.org/photos/fanboyism/renseijin.png

Akashida felt like throwing up. | Who in the hell would do such a thing? |

He turned left to find a straw/leaf bed with a vine blanket and... something in it?
Akashida went closer and took out his multi-tool with the knife sticking out. He poked the thing and he then removed the covers.

"AH! SHIT THE FUCK!"

{OOC: No typo here. My character is literally saying Shit the fuck. Like shitting an actual fuck. lol}

Akashida screamed out and jumped. When he calmed down, he went back towards the bed.

It was a skeleton, like the one below. The skeleton had no clothes but it wore an eyrie, creepy, and wooden mask that gave off a demonic look.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/245/8/e/majora_s_mask___wooden_replica_by_supermariio-d6kubcn.jpg

The bed, the floor around it, and the wall had blood stains. It looked like the guy bled out to death. Akashida rushed back down to the bridge and threw up.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:19 pm

“Woah! Ash!” Hyde walked over to Ash with a concerned look on his face; he wasn’t too sure what his friend could have seen. “…” Hyde walked over to the ladder and started to climb. He was a little curious as to what was up there, and what could of possibly scared Ash in such a way. After looking around up the ladder, Hyde climbed down calmly and started to get his bag. “It would have been nice to check out the rest of the tree houses, but I think we had enough excitement for today. That entire floor looked like something out of a ritual, it was unnatural…” Hyde was used to being around death up to a certain point; the people from his previous region had an odd tendency to die a lot. Or maybe it was just his illogical way of thinking that led to a different reaction than most people would have when they see things like that. “ You can go up and see it if you want Raku, maybe you know the best course of action since you’re the adult around here. Should we report this to the police? Or should we pretend that this never happened and keep it to ourselves?”

Placing your trust in the hands of the adult in the area seemed like the reasonable thing to do in this situation. Hyde was a little speechless as to what he saw; it definitely affected his piece of mind. He had a feeling that Raku was going to check because he’s…. Raku…. So Hyde decides to pat Ash on the back with a weak smile. “ I guess this is one of those ghost stories that we save for the dorm room parties right? This entire trip was stupid, I’m sorry I made you go through that Ash….. I really am. “ Hyde was feeling pretty sentimental, the idea of visiting the treehouse complex was his. What was he to make of himself If he allowed one of his friends to be traumatized forever because of this.

Weakness
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 4:43 pm

((OoC: Uuh, I have no idea if I should even post now. This would probably need some editing, and now that Karsu si MIA for two months, well.....If you have an idea, let me know, but, meh, I don't think I'll be posting atm))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida   Venture the forgotten Village;  Raku and Ashida - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Venture the forgotten Village; Raku and Ashida
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2