Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

At a knifes edge (SL thread)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

At a knifes edge (SL thread) Empty
PostSubject: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 6:13 pm

(8 hrs before chapter 1)

Tykal sat on a box of crates, his left leg stretched out and the other bent resting flat against the side of the crate. He held his knives in his hand expertly flicking one by the tip into the air and catching with another repeating the process over and over. He liked to keep his hands busy. Besides practicing with knives would only serve to aid him in the future. It was best to keep his dexterity up.  His eyes were looking at the knives but the reflection in his eyes were hollow. His attention was more focused elsewhere. What he was doing with his hands was like twirling a pen to him. The task was easy to repeat as long as he didn’t change the angle, height, or weight.  The clinking of metal echoed as the tip of one knife hit against the blade of another. A constant metallic metronome only aided in Tykal’s lackadaisical expression while he turned inward on his thoughts.  

He argued with himself mentally wishing he could fall into the delusion that he had already ruled out as a plausible outcome. It was after he bit his lip when he first arrived on the ship, he came to accept that, however unlikely, this was reality.  He came to the conclusion while traveling through the ship. He wasn’t going to be fortunate enough to simply appear back on that hillside in his world after the task was complete.  He had already assumed that this was a one way trip. Perhaps the gods watched over his mediocre existence and found the thought of thrusting him into this reality would be amusing. Perhaps it was a-wrong-place-at-the-wrong-time kind of thing.  Sure he got the power of Personas, but at what cost.

Tykal repeated the event over and over in his head. There were clues in all this mess. He wasn’t truly certain if he wanted to go back. He said he wanted to return. Truly he did miss his parents, his plants, the smell of spring rain, the scenery from his window, but, he at least here on this ship… he wasn’t so lonely. His allies were all bat shit crazy, but they were entertaining and protected one another.  The thought of them chatting while walking into obvious danger in the halls of the ship brought a faint smile to Tykals face.  He was torn. Was it wrong to be enjoying some of this adventure he found himself on? Should he feel guilty for these feelings? His parents were probably worried. His father would be out in the pouring rain until the late of the night searching all over. He was probably a media sensation by now. He imagined the television in his home. A picture of him framed next to the usual news anchor. “Missing 17 year old Tykal Mahavari’s whereabouts are still unknown. If you have seen this boy or have any information on him, please call the station immediately.”  The thought gave Tykal a single cynical chuckle.  He didn’t dislike his parents. He still had familial love for them. It was just that after being forced to practically raise himself, he couldn’t help but feel somewhat detached from them. In his whole life he had no one he could truly call friend, acquaintances and young friendships perhaps, but no one he could truly depend on like a friend. He felt closer to total strangers he just met. Even that silly guitar robot was pleasant to be around.  Was that why he didn’t want to leave? At first he hypothesized that he merely wanted to stay here because he felt like he had power. He wasn’t so perspicuous as that. There had to be more to it. He wasn’t mature or self-aware enough to realize it yet. Deep down he felt that being here in this reality had some grandeur meaning. He couldn’t quite describe it even to himself. He simply knew that if he remained something would change in him. Whether it be for the better or worse he was unsure but he had a feeling that it was something he desired. Something he needed and didn’t even know it.

Tykal returned to reality hearing a change in the metallic clang from his knives. Judging by the pattern it was footsteps on the steel floor. His face was still somewhat blank. It was clear he was in deep thought still despite reacting to his surroundings. Tykal flicked the knife into the air one more time looking up in the same motion turning his head towards the sound. His knives disappeared as if they were never there to begin with.  He shifted his weight and crossed his arms some, “I wasn’t expecting company. Is something the matter?” he said inquisitively.
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 6:45 pm

White. Everything in the room was white. The floor, the walls, the ceiling, everything. It was to be expected it was a medical bay after all but that didn't stop alex from hating it. He always hated hospitals, they where always so boring. Nothing to do but sit in a chair and read shitty magazine's. But alex couldn't even do that. No he had to just lay in bed and rest. But, laying on the bed, not doing anything was driving him crazy. He had to do something so he slowly and carefully got out of the bed. And walked out of the room checking to make sure no one saw him leaving. Once he made sure that no one would see him hw started to roam around the ship. Not looking for anything or anyone really,  just him getting some fresh air. During his walk he heard something, it sounded like...... Metal. Metal hitting each other. Alex decided to find out what that noise was. Oh hi tykal i wasn't expecting to see you here. Uh no nothing's wrong i uh, i just needed some fresh air. You know? Alex flash a smile at tykal. He was very happy he was up, alex hoped that tykal wouldn't mind alex chatting with him for a bit. He needed to get a few things off his mind. Hey do you mind if i talk to you for a bit man?
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 1:43 am

Tykal looked up at Alex. Alex was just rushed to surgery not too long ago.  It was nice to see him bandaged and without a giant chunk of metal sticking out of his arm. Tykal uncrossed his arms and turned his body to face Alex. He could see the muddle and fatigue on his face. It was clear he had things on his mind. Tykal was experiencing some deep depressing thoughts himself. "I don't mind. Besides, given everything that's been happening it might be wise to process this mess together." Tykal was still dressed in his tattered attire from the battles earlier. He needed a good nap but his mind was far too awake to allow for such pleasantries.
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 7:57 am

Yeah i agree Alex walked over to a single box sitting on the floor and would use it as his chair during alex's and tykal little chat. Ok so where do i begin with this? Oh yeah and sorry ahead time for this am going to talk both of your ears off, i just have alot on my mind Alex let out a deep sigh as he rubed his arm a bit I guess my arm isn't that bad of a place to start. So the good news is that the module is off and i can move my arm again. The bad news is...... My thumb, no matter how hard i try to move this damn thing it won't budge! All i feel is dull pain from it, and it's really stressing me out.
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 8:14 am

Tykal gave a soft nod at the comment about talking his ears off. Tykal looked at Alex's bandaged arm. It was missing the trademark chunk of metal that the rest of the party seemed to ignore throughout the entire dungeon like escapades of the ship prior. Tykal frowned some, "I'm sorry to hear that. Though I suppose another way of looking at it would be, how fortunate you are to still have function in it. Well that you still have your other arm." Tykal tried to lighten the mood some but it probably would just be read wrong. He looked into his now crossed fingers that sat in his lap, "Pain..." he trailed off like he didn't know how exactly to phrase what he wanted to say. He continued looking as if what he was saying hit home for him as well. "Pain is our body's way of telling us something is wrong. Though I think too many people focus on that aspect of it. Pain is in a strange sense a blessing. It validates that we're living breathing creatures. It reminds us of our mortality and vulnerability. The importance of our choices and what we do after the fact." Tykal seemed to be projecting more than he wanted to but it just sort of spilled out. He was starting to depress himself even more so he figured he'd try to cheer up the atmosphere.

With a forced smile Tykal looked over at Alex raising his gaze from his fingers. "When I'm stressed out I uhhh... I like to keep my hands busy. Be it juggling or just rolling a coin through my fingers. It's not easy at first but.... well. It could make adjusting to your non-dominant arm a bit easier. It took me several months before I could use my left hand half as well as I could my right. If you'd like I can show you some exercises that may help." Tykal didn't really know how he could help more than attempting to at least help Alex adjust. Selfishly Tykal had his own burdens to come to terms with. He wasn't too skilled at personal interaction beyond simple commands or shallow conversation. It was clear in the way he didn't maintain eye contact very long and how he fidgeted nervously. He could serenade his houseplants and talk for hours to them but... they didn't have the ability to reciprocate so the unease was never present.
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 8:49 am

Yeah i guess that's a good way to look at it Tykal comment didn't make alex feel better in any way, alex knew for sure that he could have been hurt alot worse. And that he should be happy to have both of his arms working but. He just couldn't make himself look on the bright side right now. Huh? Alex seem taken back when tykal started he speech about pain, he wasn't expecting the conversation to be this deep, but he was fine with it. Damn man, that's some deep shit. Where you a philosopher or something? Alex laughed a bit at his own joke, before listening to tykal talk again. Alex would perk up a bit when tykal said that he could show him how to use his left hand. Wait. Really? You would teach me that? I would love that! Alex was glad tykal was willing to help him out, he didn't expect this at all and was suprise that tykal would take the time out of his day to teach him something like this. So ummmm how do i start?
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 9:42 am

Tykal laughed with Alex. "No I'm no philosopher." Tykal smiled some at Alex's enthusiasm over learning to use his hand. Tykal sighed grabbing a coin from his pocket. He put it in his left hand. "Look I won't lie to you, it took me years to be able to do all this." he said as he held the coin in his palm and effortlessly scooped it in between his fingers and began to roll the coin over each of his fingers flipping it faster and faster before transferring it to his other hand smoothly. He moved like a magician on stage flicking the coin in the air above his head keeping his eyes on Alex and still catching the coin in-between his fingers rolling it until he opened his palm the coin no where in sight. "Honestly, before you can do this, you have to teach your body to move your other fingers with the same dexterity as the other. It starts with simple things, when you go to reach for something use the other hand try to replace dominant hand for as many tasks as you can throughout the day. When you're bored or just relaxing, toss a stress ball into the air and catch it with that hand. After a few days trace the alphabet with that hand. Over time you'll train yourself into it. It took me three months before I could write my name plainly, five months for cursive, and what I just did with the coin. About a full year." Tykal said. He summoned his knives in his hands. "Once you can write your name, I'll teach you to juggle, and eventually-" Tykal casually tossed the knife in the air spawning another in his hand catching the knife perfectly on the edge of the knife he was holding carefully balancing it before juggling it by tossing it up and performing the same act over again. "I'll have you charming your friends with fun tricks like these."

Tykal smiled chuckling some. "We may be stuck in this future but I find it hard to believe that modern medicine hasn't improved any. Maybe there'll be some doctor that can fix up your thumb." Tykal said that sentence as if being trapped in the future didn't affect him. It was bravado, he was lying to himself and Alex so that the depressing truth wouldn't swallow them whole. Alex came from the past too. Surely he had loved ones, friends, a family, who knew what he lost. Tykal had to put on this mask. Alex had it worse than him and there was no way Tykal would add salt to Alex's wounds with the reality they found themselves in now.
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 10:45 am

Alex looked in awe as tykal performed his coin trick, he has never seen anything like that before. And it was amazing! Holy shit man! That was in incredible! Bravo! Bravo! When tykal began to juggle alex was once again in awe. Oh wait, wait, wait. Let me try Alex summons his bat in his left hand and toss it up in the air!  He tried to catch it in the air, but he just ended up knocking it onto the floor. Aw crap. Alex blushed a bit as he made his soulbound disappear. To be honest i don't...... or i guess i should say i DIDN'T really have any friends. Sure i knew alot of people but i never felt that close to them. Alex shruged before speaking once again. Then again who's to say i won't make some during this little trip of our's? Alex groaned when tykal talked about fixing his thumb. Maybe i just hope healthcare isn't a bitch in the future. Fuck i do not want to pay those bills, plus i don't like doctors in general. But that's more of a "me problem" i guess
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 11:06 am

Tykal watched Alex drop the bat. He expected that reaction. Like he said there was no way he'd be able to do what Tykal did so fast even if he wanted to. "I'd refrain from trying to juggle a bat. The weight distribution is at the end of the bat and it's significantly longer than my knives." Tykal summoned one and held it out to show Alex. "See the weight is at the hilt where the metal is thickest." Tykal forced a nod when Alex said he didn't really have any friends. Tykal was like that in his reality. He knew people. He even had acquaintances and conversation partners that weren't his plants but there was no deeper bond. They were simply passersby in his life. Even his parents, though he loved them weren't so present that he had much more than a familial attachment. Tykal couldn't keep eye contact while he spoke his eyes trailing off to just behind Alex, "I would say we're alike in that aspect. I'm apparently an introvert. When you don't have much a social life you tend to just pick up things that amuse you. Hence the whole coin and knife trick." Tykal grinned chuckling at himself when Alex said he didn't like doctors, "Technically speaking, both my parents are doctors. Just not the turn your head and cough type." Tykal looked sad for a moment, "I guess WERE was a more appropriate term."
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 11:22 am

Yeaaaaaah maybe trying to juggle a bat wasn't the best idea. Haha Alex patted tykal back when he started talking about his parents. Hey don't be too sad man i mean. There HAS to be a way to go back right? If you can go forward in time then there must be a way to go backwards. I just know it, there has to be a way. Alex was...... Lying. True there may very well be a way to go back to the past but, it was not as set in stone as alex made it out to be. He was just doing that to cheer up tykal. Alex let out a sigh and would look down at the ground, not saying thing for a good while. Eventually alex would up at tykal and ask him a question. Do you think they made any more final fantasy games?
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 4:31 pm

Tykal pondered on it some. There was a chance they could go back but it was rather slim regardless. Tykal grinned when Goemon talked about Final Fantasy games. He shrugged, "I don't know. Probably the same depressed staple main character cliche. Possibly cool summons or something." Tykal chuckled slightly, "I feel like I got dropped in some RPG myself." Tykal mocked the lost in space voice as spoke, "Persona's in Spaaaaaace" he joked echoing the word space. Tykal stood up, "As an upside we are on a ship drifting through space. With hi-tech machines and magical persona powers."
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 2:52 pm

Yeah i wish i could play them, im a big fan of final fanta- Oh wait........ OH NO! Alex put his face into his hands. I can't play video games anymore! God my thumb sucks! Alex let out a sigh as he got up. Welp i better go before they find out i left, i don't want to get my ass chewed you know? Before alex left he would turn around and say one last thing. See ya later space cowboy. And with that, alex has left the room. And went back to the medical bay.

[Exited]

Last edited by Goemon on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Exited)
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 7:32 am

Tykal let a soft grin watching Alex run off towards the medical bay. At least Alex was friendly and normal-ish. He felt sorry for him. Adjusting to an injury like that would be hard. He and Alex were very much alike. They felt lonely and lost in this future. Still Tykal did look forward to helping Alex in the future. Though they were allies and still just acquaintances, Tykal looked forward to calling him friend. They only needed a few more meetings, preferably some with that allowed a bit more time.
Tykal went back to flicking his knives and leaning back against the wall some with a slight smirk.

"Space Cowboy..." he shook his head and let a short chuckle.

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At a knifes edge (SL thread)   At a knifes edge (SL thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

At a knifes edge (SL thread)
Page 1 of 1